View Poll Results: Which OR Trailer do you like best?
Deceived Trailer 14 53.85%
Hope Trailer 9 34.62%
Neither 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Which CGI Trailer Is the Best?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
SciFiGeek17
Rookie
 
SciFiGeek17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA - West Coast
Posts: 28
Current Game: The Force Unleashed
Which CGI Trailer Is the Best?

Which of the 'Old Republic' CGI trailers do you like best and why?


For me, its the Decieved Trailer. I liked that the Sith decided to go to the Jedi, instead of just hidding and waiting to take them out one-by-one. You can tell this generation of Sith are different. Not to mention shows of sometimes the Jedi's patience's isn't always good.

The Hope Trailer just didn't impress me enough. The troopers looked too much like clones and the Sith Empire resemble the Galactic Empire too much.


~I'm just a SciFi Geek with way too much time on her hands~

SciFiGeek17 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
RogueJedi86
 
RogueJedi86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A cozy BT-7 Thunderclap
Posts: 524
Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
I'm a Republic fanboy through and through, so definitely "Hope". It helps that it had a positive message, contrasting the dark end of "Deceived". Plus I love Troopers, the badass normals who fight for the Republic when the Jedi won't.


"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2010, 01:44 AM   #3
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy
 
Hallucination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,875
Current Game: HKO closed beta
Hope wins for me, just because troopers shoving Sith out of their way is oddly entertaining to me.


Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,201
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Deceived, because, although the temple is Prequel style (Yea I know it was old then) everything else was Old Republic, the fights were better the protagonist more like able, and there wasn't a Clone trooper to be seen!!!

Hope is still better than anything GL has done for years but not as good as Deceived...


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
RogueJedi86
 
RogueJedi86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A cozy BT-7 Thunderclap
Posts: 524
Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
How was Malgus even remotely likable? He's a rotten punk who attacked the Jedi Temple under the guise of the Treaty of Coruscant peace treaty. And I didn't see any clones in the "Hope" trailer either, since they were all just regular guys in the same uniform(like the armies in real life).


"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2010, 02:07 PM   #6
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,201
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Sorry I meant the Jedi master who died, I meant it as in the classic style of story where in the action consists of a hero fighting a villain, the two are regarded as protagonist and antagonist, respectively And when I say clones I mean prequel style done to death white armored soldiers... not necessarily having the same exact DNA, born in a test tube etc

Yay

Nay

My main problem is that if your gonna make it look like a 22 BBY setting, why have it take place in 3,500 BBY? the Old republic games, books etc are just like the stories told in the movies and movie era EU, its the freedom, style and separation from the films that makes it cool and different, so thats why I dislike white armored troopers, the "Empire" vs the republic, moffs, etc ect ect.



Last edited by adamqd; 06-17-2010 at 02:28 PM.
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
RogueJedi86
 
RogueJedi86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A cozy BT-7 Thunderclap
Posts: 524
Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
The SW galaxy has hit a technological plateau, where they can't advance beyond FTL travel and laser guns(I sure can't think of anything more advanced than lasers). That armor look for Republic Troopers is probably intentional, since it's a successful method. Our armies have been wearing the same basic battle fatigues for 50 years, appearance-wise. There might be some different tech under the skin(like kevlar), but on the outside it looks like the same environment-appropriate camouflage cloth. Maybe instead of asking why the armor is the same 3500 years in the past, you should ask what's so great about this armor that it's still being used 3500 years in the future.


"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #8
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,201
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
honestly bud the real world equivalents and theoretical reason for why it is good armor aren't my point, its PURELY stylistic, I dont like TCW and the PT is far from earth shattering... whereas the KotOR series and TOTJ are awesome IMHO, I would just prefer it looked more like KotOR than TCW bud. explanations are irrelevant as I know why they look like that... its to draw as many people to play as possible, its called making money just airing my unwavering opinion mate


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #9
Feagildin
Junior Member
 
Feagildin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 311
Current Game: KotOR
I liked Deceived trailer far better than the Hope trailer for the following reasons:

1. The Sith were the won the battle.
2. The entrance into the temple was just that cool.
3. I hate the use of the CW era armor. Despise it even. Abhor is the best word I can think of to describe my feelings on
that topic actually.
4. I find the use of the Force to stop a lightsaber a little far-fetched, especially for a Padawan. It was still bad a$$, but
I'm not sure it was necessary.
5. There was no way that Trooper should've survived the grenade explosion. Period. Malgus probably shouldn't have
either, but we'll give him some extra leniency, just because he's a Sith Lord and a Juggernaut with lots of front-line
experience, and the Force.
6. I could go on...but I'll stop here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueJedi86 View Post
How was Malgus even remotely likable? He's a rotten punk who attacked the Jedi Temple under the guise of the Treaty of Coruscant peace treaty.
Umm, Malgus is completely cool. He's my favorite person introduced by name so far for ToR. He was one of the only high ranking Sith who wasn't in the war for personal ambition - Malgus was striving for the furtherance of the Empire as a whole! He treated his lover like his wife (reminds me of a similar love story in Dune), and although he often disagrees with the Council, he still follows the Emperor's orders when called upon. All of this combined makes him my favorite Sith Lord in the KotOR era thus far...

By the by...the treaty of Coruscant was a direct result of the sacking of the Jedi Temple, and although the negotiations were perhaps a mask for the attack, that's not despicable, that's good strategy. Hardly a mark for shame.



Last edited by Feagildin; 06-19-2010 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Bad short term memory....
Feagildin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2010, 02:18 AM   #10
RogueJedi86
 
RogueJedi86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A cozy BT-7 Thunderclap
Posts: 524
Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
I'm thinking of the Alderaan Peace Treaty then. Would you call me a cool guy if I agreed to a truce, then shot you in the head right as we were shaking hands on the truce? That is a very low thing for the Empire to do.

Who said the Jedi Consular in "Hope" was a Padawan? She was using an ability that exists in SW, called Force Absorb. It's hard to do, which is why she only did it out of desperation. Very few Jedi have ever done it. She was likely a Master, or eve a Grand Master if the rumor is true that she's Satele Shan. Yoda absorbed Force Lightning from both Dooku and Palpatine, was that far-fetched?

The grenade that the Trooper used on Malgus wasn't a regular grenade, notice the blue explosion, not a fiery explosion. It was most likely just something like a concussive grenade. You find it believable that a guy in robes could survive the blast, but not a guy decked in heavy armor?

Speaking of armor, it wasn't CW armor, it looked a bit like the GCW armor too. It's called a technological plateau, technology can't advance beyond a certain peak. Plus you use armor that works. Like how we've used the same basic wheel for thousands of years. We may make them out of different materials, but they all look the same. You don't fix what ain't broken, including armor.


"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!

Last edited by RogueJedi86; 06-20-2010 at 02:20 AM. Reason: typo! :P
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 09:11 AM   #11
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader
 
HockeyGoalie35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Connecticut, U.S.A.
Posts: 553
Current Game: DJ Starscream
Veteran Modder Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
My fave. was deffenetly the Hope trailer. I am a HUGE fan of clones and whatnot(i mod republic commando)




Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoalie35 View Post
I wish I had some Combustable Lemons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =purifier View Post
Granted, but you accidently get blown up with that lemony smell and the
Pine-Sol woman appears out of nowhere and says: "That's the power of Pine-Sol, baby. "
HockeyGoalie35 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 10:09 AM   #12
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,177
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feagildin View Post
3. I hate the use of the CW era armor. Despise it even. Abhor is the best word I can think of to describe my feelings on
that topic actually.
Right, but the stormtrooper armor is okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feagildin View Post
4. I find the use of the Force to stop a lightsaber a little far-fetched, especially for a Padawan. It was still bad a$$, but
I'm not sure it was necessary.
Padawan? How do you know that?



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #13
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,201
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Right, but the stormtrooper armor is okay.
Where does he say that?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Padawan? How do you know that?
How do you know she's Not?

It's ok Rolling your eyes, and asking for detailed reasons for our opinions, But what is your opinion? why is TCW good? why is it ok to have samey white armor in this era? where does it say this girl is a Knight or master? I'm not saying either of us have good answers, but I'd rather not be dressed down every time i give an Opinion



Last edited by adamqd; 06-21-2010 at 03:59 PM.
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #14
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,177
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
Where does he say that?
He doesn't. How can someone be so angry about an armor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
How do you know she's Not?
What? He is the one with the burden of proof, not me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
It's ok Rolling your eyes, and asking for detailed reasons for our opinions, But what is your opinion? why is TCW good?
How is TCW related to the trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
why is it ok to have samey white armor in this era?
Never said it was okay. I just said many people get mad for clone armor being in the trailer, and how tired they are of clones, that sometimes forget the stortroopers have the "same" armor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
where does it say this girl is a Knight or master?
You'll have to ask him. He was the one who said she was a padawan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
I'm not saying either of us have good answers, but I'd rather not be dressed down every time i give an Opinion
First, I didn't quoted you, so you can't complain I did that every time you gave an opinion. Second, where did I dressed him down every time he gave his opinion?



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #15
RogueJedi86
 
RogueJedi86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A cozy BT-7 Thunderclap
Posts: 524
Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
The armor is okay because the SW galaxy has been in a technological plateau for many millenia. The white armor look may just be the Republic standard going back to its formation. Why is the stormtrooper armor white? Just because the clone armor is also white? Couldn't we also call that uncreative too?


"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #16
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,201
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueJedi86 View Post
Couldn't we also call that uncreative too?
I'd agree with that for sure

@Alexrd, I guess we've argued on more than one occasion, and I just see everything you say as aggressive, so I felt the need to be aggressive to you, we have very different opinions on everything, I suppose the best thing to do would be for me to avoid your posts, it would be a lot less E-stressful


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 04:51 PM   #17
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,177
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueJedi86 View Post
Why is the stormtrooper armor white? Just because the clone armor is also white?
It's the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
@Alexrd, I guess we've argued on more than one occasion, and I just see everything you say as aggressive, so I felt the need to be aggressive to you, we have very different opinions on everything, I suppose the best thing to do would be for me to avoid your posts, it would be a lot less E-stressful
Sorry if I sound agressive, it's not my purpose.

I'm just tired of reading (on other forums too) some people blaming something just because it belongs to the PT, usually forgetting that same thing came from the OT in the first place.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 05:45 PM   #18
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,201
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Don't get me wrong I LOVE the PT and the OT, I'm an uber SW geek Brah, its Just I like the Old republic era because it is different, and I think it shows lack of creativity to use such blatent copies of PT era equipment and locales

I actually do not like the Clone Wars but thats another matter hehe


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 11:59 PM   #19
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky
 
urluckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Beautiful USA
Posts: 2,761
Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Deceived...by far. Just flowed a lot better.



If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2010, 05:32 PM   #20
Feagildin
Junior Member
 
Feagildin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 311
Current Game: KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueJedi86 View Post
I'm thinking of the Alderaan Peace Treaty then. Would you call me a cool guy if I agreed to a truce, then shot you in the head right as we were shaking hands on the truce? That is a very low thing for the Empire to do.
We're Sith. Low is what we do. Besides, its still good strategy. Go read Sun Tzu's Art of War.

Quote:
Who said the Jedi Consular in "Hope" was a Padawan?
She has the customary padawan braids. If it is Satele Shan, then she is most definitely a padawan, as the Hope trailer is earlier in the timeline than the comic in which she is also a padawan.

Quote:
She was using an ability that exists in SW, called Force Absorb...
Force Absorb works on attacks that originate from the Force, not energy beams. At least that is my understanding on the power. If I'm wrong and you have a canon source to show me I'm wrong, I'll gladly admit my faults.

Quote:
The grenade that the Trooper used on Malgus wasn't a regular grenade, notice the blue explosion...
Blaster-fire in SW comes in all variety of colors, why not explosive grenades? Besides, how would a concussive grenade tear his face up like that? I think that if that sort of damage was caused by the grenade, it should have sent at least some shrapnel into his brain, considering the proximity.

Quote:
...You find it believable that a guy in robes could survive the blast, but not a guy decked in heavy armor?
Malgus was heavily armored, too, and has the advantage of the Force, surviving a blast like that is something I would expect from a Sith Juggernaut. All it would take is a enough concentration (or instinct) to use the force to deflect any shrapnel away from his exposed face. The knockback is completely survivable in any case.

Quote:
Speaking of armor, it wasn't CW armor, it looked a bit like the GCW armor too.
The CW and GCW are close enough to each other in the timeline that it makes sense for little change to exist between the two. Check out KotOR sometime, tell me how many clones/stormtroopers you see.

Quote:
It's called a technological plateau, technology can't advance beyond a certain peak.
Umm, no. The SW universe did not hit a tech plateau at that point in time. Heck, they advanced technology between episodes three and four. Went from the ARC-170 to the X-wing. That was a far smaller time gap than between TOR and the CW.

Quote:
You don't fix what ain't broken, including armor.
Which is why Bioware should have left the republic armor from KotOR and TSL alone.


Feagildin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2010, 05:45 PM   #21
RogueJedi86
 
RogueJedi86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A cozy BT-7 Thunderclap
Posts: 524
Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
Force Absorb was used by Vader in ESB. It's how he absorbed Han's blaster shots. Those aren't Padawan braids, that's just part of the Consular's hair style. She has one on each side of her head, and Jedi didn't have padawan braids in this era. Explosions are fiery red, that's how they work in SW. Blasters use different gasses for the cartridges, thus different colors. Others are saying the grenade was a Cryoban grenade, which also explains the blue color. We know Troopers can tank in TOR, so that Trooper surviving with ease is no big deal. Plus the Trooper got some big scratches to his face and armor. Malgus was mostly already scarred from the Trooper using a flak cannon or something in the first wave of the assault. The grenade didn't do much more damage to him. You know why we didn't see any Storm/Clone Troopers in KotOR? Because we never saw any of the Republic's ground force armies. All we saw were Sith Troopers, so that's why. The X-Wing was not that dramatically better than the ARC-170. It was just a matter of preference for the new hotness over the old stuff. The Y-Wing is 25 years old, but it's still one of the best damn bombers you can find. And what Republic Armor in KotOR and TSL? All you saw were Sith Troopers, not the Republic's main army like we're seeing in TOR.


"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #22
Feagildin
Junior Member
 
Feagildin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 311
Current Game: KotOR
Sigh. You my friend are the devil's own advocate.

Vader used Force Deflect in ESB.

Bastila had padawan braids, too. There is no reason to assume they didn't exist at this point in time.

Not all explosions are red. For instance, the charges used by Jango Fett while being pursued by Obi-wan. Fire can be blue, energy can be blue, if you can stick a different energy pack in your gun, why can't you use a different chemical in a grenade? Cryoban doesn't work, there was no freezing effect anywhere to be seen. Watch the trailer again, check out the change in Malgus' armor after the grenade scene. It's practically melted.

You did see ground forces in Kotor and TSL. They were all throughout the first game, and they did a good bit of fighting in the battle for Telos at the end of TSL.

The X-wing was better in every way than the ARC-170, including manpower to firepower ratios.

Please, if you wish to attempt to defeat my arguments, research your reasons more thoroughly.


Feagildin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #23
RogueJedi86
 
RogueJedi86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A cozy BT-7 Thunderclap
Posts: 524
Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
It was Force Absorb! It's a widely believed fact! :P Han's shots didn't go flying around the room, they stopped at Vader's hands.

The Consular in the trailer has 2 braids, so they're more for style than rank. How many padawans in the prequels had 2 braids? It's just one for a Padawan.

The explosion in the Geonosis space battle was a Sonic Missile. It didn't cause a 3-dimensional blast either, because it wasn't a typical missile. Trooper's grenade wasn't intended to kill, it wsa to stun, that's why it barely hurt either of them(aside from the Trooper's massive facial lacerations).

There were no Republic Troops in KotOR, none in an armor anyways. All I saw were the cloth-geared deck officers and such.

How was the X-Wing better? It may've had better reactors and such, but it wasn't some drastically superior beast. Plus like my Y-Wing example said, 25 years doesn't mean stuff still isn't good.

I do my research, a tecnological plateau is the best explanation for the technology looking the same over the many millenia. To those who object to the technological plateau, I ask how they would advance beyond laser weaponry and FTL travel.


"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #24
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,177
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueJedi86 View Post
The Consular in the trailer has 2 braids, so they're more for style than rank. How many padawans in the prequels had 2 braids? It's just one for a Padawan.
I agree that it's more for style than rank. And just to clarify, she has 3 braids and is not Satele Shan.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2010, 02:48 AM   #25
Ser'eck
Junior Member
 
Ser'eck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 310
Current Game: SWTOR
It would have to be Deceived for me. It seemed a little more 'Old Republic' IMO.


NwŻl tash.
Dzwol sh‚sotkun.
Sh‚sotjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu tyŻk.
TyŻkjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu midwan.
MidwanjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu asha.
AshajontŻ kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qy‚sik nun.
Ser'eck is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2010, 08:10 AM   #26
Feagildin
Junior Member
 
Feagildin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 311
Current Game: KotOR
All right, I have to concede my point on the Force power stopping the saber, because Vader didn't use deflect, just went back and watched it, though I'm still not saying he used Force Absorb, because that power absorbs the force, but I'm very sure I only disagree with the terminology, not the idea. Maybe it could be called a variation on the power Energy Resistance?

I still would like to know why the two of you are so adamant about it not being a padawan, and Alexrd, how can you say for certain that its not Satele? There were asian head models for Revan in KotOR. And RogueJedi86, is there some official source that states they didn't use padawan braids in this time period? I'm interested in both of those even aside from this discussion.
I'll also say that the fact she loses her lightsaber suggests that she is a padawan, as I've never in SW heard of any knights or masters having their lightsabers destroyed in a duel. Unless you count Maul, but his was still usable. She also seems, to me, to take a submissive role in conjunction with the trooper at the very end of the cinematic. (I am aware that is maybe a stretch in some people's minds, but I kinda thought that even the first time I watched it, because it struck me as odd.)

On the grenade thing, we're going to have to agree to disagree, because you keep saying the same thing over and over, and I keep pointing out Malgus' nearly melted armor, so we can't seem to get anywhere on that one. lol

The X-wing was a drastically superior beast. It was being developed for the Empire as the new 'super-fighter'. I doubt the Empire would have spent credits on a brand new craft when re-outfitting the existing platform would've sufficed.

I have to say now that the tech plateau only works if you accept/ agree with the decision to make the troopers look so similar to the CW/GCW era, which I wholeheartedly don't. I think that they at least should have made the armor color coordinate with the scheme from KotOR and TSL, if not mirror the design of the uniforms they wore.

As a whole, however, I have to say that we have gotten off-topic a bit. Let me express my opinion in a new light: Deceived made me want to play the game. Hope made me think, "Oh great, there are going to be thousands of nine year olds running around playing troopers yelling 'FOR TEH R3PUBLIKS!!!!!!'", which is not what I want to experience while playing the game. Therefore, Deceived wins for me.


Feagildin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2010, 08:44 AM   #27
RogueJedi86
 
RogueJedi86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A cozy BT-7 Thunderclap
Posts: 524
Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
I would think all the 9 year olds would want to be "badass and cool" and play a Sith Warrior/Inquisitor. Not many people share my love of the Clones enough to want to be like them.


"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #28
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,177
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feagildin View Post
I still would like to know why the two of you are so adamant about it not being a padawan,
I'm not saying she is not a padawan. I'm just saying I don't know. However, I find very unlikely a padawan with that much Force power. I would like to know why are you saying she is a padawan. Because of the three braids? That's no good reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feagildin View Post
and Alexrd, how can you say for certain that its not Satele?
First, because Satele is very different from her, and second, because it has been officially confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feagildin View Post
There were asian head models for Revan in KotOR.
So what? What has KotOR, or Revan for that matter, to do with Satele?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feagildin View Post
And RogueJedi86, is there some official source that states they didn't use padawan braids in this time period? I'm interested in both of those even aside from this discussion.
So, just because she has three braids, does that make her a padawan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feagildin View Post
I'll also say that the fact she loses her lightsaber suggests that she is a padawan, as I've never in SW heard of any knights or masters having their lightsabers destroyed in a duel.
What? How are those two related?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feagildin View Post
She also seems, to me, to take a submissive role in conjunction with the trooper at the very end of the cinematic.
I don't think so. Even if she did, that means nothing.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #29
RogueJedi86
 
RogueJedi86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A cozy BT-7 Thunderclap
Posts: 524
Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
I saw the Consular more treating the Trooper as her equal, a fellow defender of the Republic from the Imperial advance. It's a nice subtle showing of how the status quo of troops is different in TOR. The Troopers aren't subservient to Jedi in this era, they're equals to them. I like it.


"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2010, 10:02 AM   #30
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,201
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feagildin View Post

As a whole, however, I have to say that we have gotten off-topic a bit. Let me express my opinion in a new light: Deceived made me want to play the game. Hope made me think, "Oh great, there are going to be thousands of nine year olds running around playing troopers yelling 'FOR TEH R3PUBLIKS!!!!!!'", which is not what I want to experience while playing the game. Therefore, Deceived wins for me.
Thats kinda my whole deal too, Tech Plateaus and TCW/GCW is all great and I've been a Star Wars fan since I was 3 (1983). But the whole reason I loved KotOR and TOTJ, and the reason I keep wasting my life away in Forums talking about this Stuff, is because I LOVE this era for everything the "Deceived" Trailer IS and all the "Hope" trailer is NOT.

I just think its a waste of an era to use White armor, Moffs, and Star Destroyers...


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #31
RogueJedi86
 
RogueJedi86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A cozy BT-7 Thunderclap
Posts: 524
Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
Ignoring the fact that the Jedi Temple in "Deceived" looks just as identical to the prequels as the Trooper Armor does?


"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #32
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,201
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
If you look at my other posts I make a point of that >>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
Deceived, because, although the temple is Prequel style (Yea I know it was old then) everything else was Old Republic, the fights were better the protagonist more like able, and there wasn't a Clone trooper to be seen!!!

Hope is still better than anything GL has done for years but not as good as Deceived...
The Jedi Temple ( we see in Films and Trailers )was built 400 years before the Decieved and Hope trailers so, it kinda makes the thing moot...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Temple



Last edited by adamqd; 06-23-2010 at 11:04 AM. Reason: typos
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #33
Feagildin
Junior Member
 
Feagildin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 311
Current Game: KotOR
lol Alexrd I figured you were assuming it was officially renounced, but where would have been my question. Stuff like that is difficult to find if you don't happen upon it.

Revan has to do with Satele bc he's most likely her great great grand daddy.

As for the rest, if it indeed has been announced she's not Satele, then I'm much more likely to say that she probably isn't a padawan. Also, although subtle, I think that little details like losing lightsabers is something that is important when estimating one's status in the SW universe. Though it also comes to mind that Yoda loses his saber against Palpatine, but that was a headmaster vs emperor duel, so I'm not sure if we can use that as a reference point for anything in the hope trailer...


Feagildin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2010, 12:31 PM   #34
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,177
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feagildin View Post
lol Alexrd I figured you were assuming it was officially renounced, but where would have been my question. Stuff like that is difficult to find if you don't happen upon it.
Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feagildin View Post
Revan has to do with Satele bc he's most likely her great great grand daddy.
That's just your assumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feagildin View Post
Also, although subtle, I think that little details like losing lightsabers is something that is important when estimating one's status in the SW universe. Though it also comes to mind that Yoda loses his saber against Palpatine, but that was a headmaster vs emperor duel, so I'm not sure if we can use that as a reference point for anything in the hope trailer...
In fact, you can't use "losing a lightsaber" as a reference point for anything. I ask again, how is "losing a lightsaber" related to Padawan or any other Jedi rank?



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #35
RogueJedi86
 
RogueJedi86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A cozy BT-7 Thunderclap
Posts: 524
Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
That's just your assumption.
That part is actually true though. One of the aurebesh bits on Satele Shan's Holonet page says "Blood of Revan". You can't get more obvious than that.


"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #36
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,177
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueJedi86 View Post
That part is actually true though. One of the aurebesh bits on Satele Shan's Holonet page says "Blood of Revan". You can't get more obvious than that.
I'm talking about Revan being asian.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #37
RogueJedi86
 
RogueJedi86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A cozy BT-7 Thunderclap
Posts: 524
Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
Well I'm lost then. I get Revan having to do with Satele, but what's with the Asian thing? The Consular doesn't look particularly Asian to me. Plus even if she did, she has 300 years of grandparents and parents to get an Asian in there without requiring an Asian Revan or Bastila.


"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #38
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,177
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Precisely.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2010, 02:02 PM   #39
Feagildin
Junior Member
 
Feagildin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 311
Current Game: KotOR
Ty for the link!

As for your confusion, sorry, I have that effect on people.


Feagildin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2010, 12:25 PM   #40
Kira_Tsukasa
Rookie
 
Kira_Tsukasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 37
I liked the deceived trailer better. You have to admit, Jedi vs Sith with lightsabers flying every which way is just plain awesome. It's also my opinion that the double bladed lightsaber is extremely over done, and especially Jedi using a double bladed lightsaber just doesn't sit right with me. In the Episode I Visual Dictionary, it was commented that Darth Maul's lightsaber was a complicated weapon to use, often causing more damage to the wielder than to the attacker. A complicated weapon that half the galaxy can use takes the fun out of it.
Kira_Tsukasa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > Which CGI Trailer Is the Best?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump