lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New Trailer Coming Friday
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-16-2010, 09:03 PM   #41
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
There's no way the apprentice is smart enough to do all the research and meditation and other **** that Palpatine spent decades doing before he could figure out soul transference.
How do we know that it really took Palpatine that long to master the technique once he discovered it, though? Maybe it's easier than we think. After all, the dark side is said to be the quicker and easier path to everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2010, 10:18 PM   #42
AlexDM
Rookie

^

:P well......if the people who made this want money....my guess is that they would make the multiplayer in a future DLC or something <~<...;...
AlexDM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2010, 04:05 AM   #43
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
The Wii version was just one on one. I guess they could work on making some kind of objective based modes. Imagine playing CTF with 'em...

(and they wouldn't have to have everyone have maxed out skills to start with anyhow)

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #44
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
How do we know that it really took Palpatine that long to master the technique once he discovered it, though? Maybe it's easier than we think. After all, the dark side is said to be the quicker and easier path to everything.
Use your head. That's how it works when it comes to really complicated Force processes. Considering that your Force ghost gets sent to Force hell if the attempt fails, you damn well better have spent a long time researching and ****. Furthermore, your quotation about the dark side making things easier is taken out of its proper context. In proper context, it means that Jedi turn to the dark side for power for easier solutions to problems, nothing to do with making it faster to learn those powers. Besides, even if it was easier to learn than we think (which we have no reason to believe), when would the apprentice have ever had learned that it existed, let alone have the time to figure it out?

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2010, 06:09 PM   #45
truJedi
Rookie

Just remeber guys , a little old green jedi once said .
ANYTHING is possible with the force

... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2010, 06:41 PM   #46
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
No need to get testy, TKA. It's just a game.

Well, consider this: Anakin Skywalker got a crash course in preserving his consciousness after death from Obi-Wan and Yoda right after he died, and I think it's likely that he would have had only a small window of opportunity to perfect it before his soul faded away like anyone else's. There's something that takes a lifetime's worth of training and discipline learned on-the-spot right there, considering he'd never known anything about it until he saw Obi-Wan's body disappear (this is confirmed). What Anakin had going for him was that he had already won half the battle by dying in complete selflessness, which is the main requirement, according to George Lucas.

That's the light side version of the afterlife. As for the dark side version, and to answer your question of when Galen would have had time to discover and master Palpatine's secret, I provided this when I first proposed the theory: during the long period of time when he served as Vader's apprentice, before the events of the first game. I'm not sure how many years he served as Vader's apprentice, but I'm sure it must've been quite a few if he was trained from childhood to adulthood. I proposed an idea (which I know won't happen) where the game opens with a prologue mission that takes place many years before Galen's death, where he is sent to discover the Emperor's secret to eternal life and decided not to inform his master of his discovery.

I'm not usually one for fan theories, but this one interests me. This whole thing just reeks of Dark Empire all around, which the creative team mentioned served as one of their main inspirations for the plot. Yeah, it's kind of far-fetched, but hey, an even sillier theory that I thought there was no way in hell was plausible which proved to be true: when someone mentioned the whole cloning thing on Kamino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #47
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I'M NOT BEING TESTY

EVERYONE IS CRAZY EXCEPT ME

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia

Last edited by TKA-001; 06-17-2010 at 08:55 PM.
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2010, 09:05 PM   #48
truJedi
Rookie

^^^

are you sure ? lol

... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #49
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Just take the "EXCEPT ME" out and its all fine...

Whatever the process is... its is not complete and thats also the interesting part.

Also, it won't be impoissable that he is deliberately remade so he will once again sniff out the Alliance, given his known bond with Lady Eclipse.

PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #50
The-Seraphim
Rookie

Current Game: Starcraft 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired View Post
given his known bond with Lady Eclipse.
Bow chika wow wow. Sorry had to say it.

If it is the real Galen only having transfered into a clone body then I predict a fight with a clone where they throw star destroyers at each other, like the fight between Sidious and Yoda

"If you're thinking about self-destructing, let me give you one piece of advice: it hurts like hell." ~ Heero Yuy
The-Seraphim is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > New Trailer Coming Friday