lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Join folding@home with TeamLFN !
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #81
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post
As far as folding goes. I ONLY do it when my computer is idle. If I need to use the comp for any reason, then I switch it off.

However, I keep my comps on 24/7 so this may not apply to you or others.

I believe there is a setting in F@H where you can set the priority of folding where it won't use as many (or any) cycles if you are doing something else however. At work, so I can't look at my settings to say for sure
So basically, only run the program when I'm sleeping or at school/work.

~ I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ZimmMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #82
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimmMaster View Post
So basically, only run the program when I'm sleeping or at school/work.
Pretty much my workflow... hehehe

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #83
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Another quick question, Just a minute ago when I minimized my Internet to check the progress of the Folder it said something like 12830408012 ns / Day then went down to 312 ns / Day. Is this a bug?

~ I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #84
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
I wouldn't pay much attention the the viewer Zimm. If you really want to monitor your progress, either follow the log directly or install FahMon The viewer is just for showing off really, and on the GPU client, actually reduces folding performance if you leave it on.

As you have a GPU client, you may also want to keep an eye on your temps and such. EVGA Precision is a nice little app you can use, and you generally dont need an EVGA card to run it

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 06-19-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #85
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7 View Post
I wouldn't pay much attention the the viewer Zimm. If you really want to monitor your progress, either follow the log directly or install FahMon The viewer is just for showing off really, and on the GPU client, actually reduces folding performance if you leave it on.

As you have a GPU client, you may also want to keep an eye on your temps and such. EVGA Precision is a nice little app you can use, and you generally dont need an EVGA card to run it

mtfbwya
Thank you. This looks very usefull.

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 06-19-2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #86
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
^^^ Good to know. Just joined the team, currently folding on my xp rig using the cpu client (core2duo 2.13ghz), as I learned the gpu client would not be all that great with my chintzy geforce 210.

This pc will be folding almost all the time, as I rarely game when working (which is always these days) and if I do, it will be ME2 on the new rig, or some PS3.

I will be folding with my new htpc rig (see the good M$ support thread) and am curious about which client I should use on it.

i7 860 vs 250gt? Which will be more productive? I seem to recall some folders dual-folding with cpu and gpu clients?

Last edited by Qui-Gon Glenn; 06-18-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2010, 12:50 AM   #87
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Hello Glen! welcome to teamLFN!

The most productive client to use on CPUs is the SMP client. See the f@h High Performance Clients page for more info

You can indeed have separate CPU and GPU clients - as the GPU client does not draw on the CPU much. The only issues here are heat, and usability of your pc. In alot of instances, its quite feasible to have your GPU client running and still do most normal PC tasks, but if the CPU clients are running, this is diminished, particularly if you have all cores chipping in.

From a work perspective, the clients which get the most done are in this order:

GPU nv>GPU ati>PS3>CPU(SMP)>CPU std

I dont have that kit specifically, but I'd imagine your 250GT would probably match all for cores of your i7 running at full pelt - and leave you with a usable PC for non gaming activities.

If it is a HTPC, you generally don't want anything running if that rig is recording TV. You can set windows task scheduler to run the f@h client at certain times when you know it wont be doing any recording.

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 06-19-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #88
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Quote:
The most productive client to use on CPUs is the SMP client.
Good to know. I missed the SMP client, and will need to install it as soon as my current work unit is complete... it is the largest my machine has taken on yet, a 2500 piece puzzle. But, three down WU's down
Quote:
GPU nv>GPU ati>PS3>CPU(SMP)>CPU std
Do people actually fold with their PS3's? I have considered it, but I am not one to leave that thing running... my concern would be wear & tear. Am I being wimpy?
Quote:
If it is a HTPC, you generally don't want anything running if that rig is recording TV. You can set windows task scheduler to run the f@h client at certain times when you know it wont be doing any recording.
It is an HTPC build, but it is not getting much HTPC use yet, as we still have our Comcrap DVR. Soon to be a thing of the past I will not be using it for much recording of tv though, as we are about to drop our cable tv subscription and get netflix. Free basic cable comes with the new apartment, so net we save $40 and get to watch movies we choose. How novel.
Regardless, and back on topic, I will be folding with the high performance nvidia gpu client by the end of the week. Looking at the team, I can catch a good many of these cats, but the top three are sick! In a helpful, protein folding sort-of-way I am oddly proud of being a part of this... and am trying to get more folks interested. Thank you, Team LFN, for raising my awareness!

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Old 06-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #89
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qui_gon_glenn View Post
Do people actually fold with their PS3's? I have considered it, but I am not one to leave that thing running... my concern would be wear & tear. Am I being wimpy?
I run mine constantly as unless I'm watching a Blu-Ray.. the PS3 gets no action ( <3 Xbox ) Now, if you actually USE the PS3, keep in mind it's either folding OR gaming as folding ties the entire system up.

Heat so far has been a non-issue.. however my entertainment system setup is all open air, tiered glass shelving (no sides). Probably why I've never had a RRoD either (cross fingers)...

Enclosed shelves or boxes might generate more of a buildup.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #90
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by qui_gon_glenn View Post
Do people actually fold with their PS3's? I have considered it, but I am not one to leave that thing running... my concern would be wear & tear. Am I being wimpy
I understand the reservation, though do like to remind people that the PS3 client was a collaboration between Sony and stanford university - it's not a homebrew by some scary hairy scene guys

Hence, it is designed to not destroy everyones ps3. Chainz' point about ventilation however, is an excellent one - though IIRC you do electrical setups - so I'm sure you are more than aware of that consideration

Quote:
I am oddly proud of being a part of this... and am trying to get more folks interested. Thank you, Team LFN, for raising my awareness!
Nothing odd about it! It's a great cause and easy to contribute to The fact that we have maintained our plateau position for so long indicates that we have a nice dedicated team

It's great to spread the word and get others interested Even if they want to fold for themselves or another team, the nett result is still a positive one.

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 06-21-2010, 08:39 PM   #91
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Good info on the PS3 client, ChAiNz and Astro... I think I will leave it alone, as an SMP on my 2.13 C2D and the nV client on my 250gt should keep me satisfied.

Ventilation is never an issue As you surmised Astro, I cannot help to be obsessed with such things.... it is not good to watch a 20KW Mole-Richardson HMI explode due to my rigging in a poor airflow position == unemployment!

EDIT: Uh, ok. Now I see that the more POWA you have, the larger assignments you are given. The GPU client destroys my standard C2D client... chewing up a hundred parcels a minute! I guess I will see how much the SMP client improves my performance on this PC.

Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa

Last edited by Qui-Gon Glenn; 06-21-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #92
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
I will see how much the SMP client improves my performance on this PC.
The SMP client, whilst impressive for a CPU setup, really taxes your system, and gets through relatively less for the power it has drawn. Our greatest SMP star folder is tk102. I know he used the SMP client alot, but as we haven't heard from him in a while, I'm not sure what he is currently using.

EVen though he is aloof from the forums atm - its great to see his rig is still folding away for teamLFN.

kudos to tk, wherever he may be! (likely in his workshop making some crazy glasses)

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 06-22-2010, 07:16 PM   #93
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Quote:
The SMP client, whilst impressive for a CPU setup, really taxes your system
Ok, cool. I think I will be satisfied then with the standard CPU client on this rig, with the HighPer nV client on the 250gts. If I get really crazy, I can always fire up the PS3
Quote:
EVen though he is aloof from the forums atm - its great to see his rig is still folding away for teamLFN.

kudos to tk, wherever he may be! (likely in his workshop making some crazy glasses)
I see tk102 up there, and it is impressive that he has racked up so many WU's using CPU power only.... as well as it's impressive that he might be in a workshop somewhere, working away. Always been a big fan of the guy... helpful, generous with his free time and to the community in so many ways.

EDIT: Er, just found the social group. My ruminations on folding will be continuing there, unless someone stuffs a donut in my mouth :hungry:

Last edited by Qui-Gon Glenn; 06-23-2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Found the right place for folding discussions
Old 06-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #94
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Professor Vijay Pande just posted an update on the f@h blog. The v7 client is about to start a limited alpha - looks like they are integrated multicore GPU setups natively - finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f@h blog

Here's an update on our v7 client efforts. The v7 client is a complete re-write in order to make the client more reliable, simple to maintain, and easier to include features that donors have requested. The first versions will not have everything that donors have asked for, but there will be some significant changes, such as the integration of classic, SMP, and GPU clients, the ability for a single client to handle all of these (eg multi-core + GPU) simultaneously (via multiple cores), a cleaner and more reliable GUI, much better and sophisticated tools for 3rd party developers, and in time the ability to use the FAH client to manage multiple machines easily.

The console version of the v7 client has gone through internal testing and we're starting a very limited alpha release. There are definitely some rough edges, but I'm excited to see it get this far. Assuming there are no show stoppers, I hope that we'll have something ready for open beta testing in a month or two, maybe sooner.
mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 06-25-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #95
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Professor Vijay Pande just posted an update on the f@h blog. The v7 client is about to start a limited alpha - looks like they are integrated multicore GPU setups natively - finally!
Hmmm... I hope you're right but I interpreted the "multicore + GPU" to mean integration of the SMP and GPU clients. Of course it would be helpful if one client could run on multiple GPU's as well. It definitely sounds like the v7 client will bring welcomed improvements.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2010, 12:10 PM   #96
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char Ell View Post
Hmmm... I hope you're right but I interpreted the "multicore + GPU" to mean integration of the SMP and GPU clients. Of course it would be helpful if one client could run on multiple GPU's as well. It definitely sounds like the v7 client will bring welcomed improvements.
I hope they do have integrated multi GPU setups, it seriously is a PITA to set up.. two sets of clients with separate shortcuts modified to point to diffferent folders and tagged with with the -gpu flag, you then need to repeat this flag business in the client config \o/

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-11-2010, 12:33 AM   #97
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

An official teamLFN welcome to HockeyGoalie35, who came to techforum for some graphics card help and enjoyed the service so much, he decided to chip in some WUs to the folding@home project.

good stuff!

Also, for those that are curious, I can now answer the question everyone has been asking:

NO. Stanford do NOT send you a limousine full of women when you reach the 2million point mark

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 07-11-2010 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:25 AM   #98
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
NO. Standford do NOT send you a limousine full of women when you reach the 2million point mark
That's it. I quit.

Got back from vaycay only to find out my comp client (and entire pc) seized up.. sigh. Problem has been fixed and chomping away the numbers again

EDIT:
On a side note, just noticed that Qui-Gon Glenn never got his badge Fixed that rather quickly Gratz!

If anyone notices any other member (or themselves) missing their badge for 50 units of work, let me know please

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 07-11-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:20 AM   #99
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader

Current Game: DJ Starscream
Veteran Modder Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
Thanks for the welcome!

I plan to please.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoalie35 View Post
I wish I had some Combustable Lemons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =purifier View Post
Granted, but you accidently get blown up with that lemony smell and the
Pine-Sol woman appears out of nowhere and says: "That's the power of Pine-Sol, baby. "
HockeyGoalie35 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2010, 10:43 AM   #100
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

HG35 has been tearing up the WUs since acquiring the 9800!

Also, a special welcome to acdcfanbill and his new 470, our first official Fermi Folder!

Great stuff!

BTW, EVGA Precision 1.95 is out Love its profile hotkeys!

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 07-15-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #101
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Aw, man, I was just about to post in the Hardware Recommendations thread that I'd just found this idiotic deal on an EVGA 470 ($215!) for him. I'll bet that he doesn't want to see that now.

Anyway, is there a nice, simple guide available to get F@H to run on both GPUs in an SLI rig?

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2010, 01:26 AM   #102
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
well crud I'm still extremely happy with the card so far, it does a WU in about 80 mins and mows down any game i've thrown at it so far.

mutli-gpu guide - http://folding.stanford.edu/English/WinGPUGuide#ntoc4

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2010, 01:35 AM   #103
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Q View Post
Anyway, is there a nice, simple guide available to get F@H to run on both GPUs in an SLI rig?
I'm happy to walk you through it Q. I found the other guides haphazard, so have put together the guts of what you need to know below with visual aids, which are always the most helpful to me

Here's what you need for starters

Multiple Displays Recognised
*Outputs from each GPU need to be enabled, this is easiest if you happen to have two monitors, but for those that don't - you can construct a dummy plug that will make your nvidia CP think there is a second display.

I know you'll have no probs with it - so here's the famous 30 second dummy plug guide

Once you get your nvidia control panel to recognise two displays, make sure they arent in clone mode. This may possible be different seeing you have separate cards, but Ive noticed this with my 295 and the more recent drivers.

Install The Client
Install folding@home. Only install the new client if you have a Fermi card, If not, stick to the stable 6.23

>>Next, enable hidden folders in windows. I think you know how to do that, but let me know if you dont! This is so that you can find the actual folder that does contains the guts of the client, so that it can be replicated for the second GPU. It actually isnt in C/program files, but in:

C/Users/USERNAME/AppData/Roaming/

Where USERNAME is of course whatever your windows account name is

In this Roaming folder you will see the folding@homegpu folder, simply copy and paste a second one and rename it with a 2 at the end.

To ensure you havent doubled up and are using both cards to work on same work unit, make sure the files highlighted in the blue square are NOT in the second folder you have created.

Setting Up The Shortcuts

I wish someone spelt it out easily to me.... this is where I got stuck for a bit, but once you see it visually - it makes sense.

You need to create a custom shortcuts FOR EACH CLIENT - Go to the folding folder in Program files, and R.Click the exe to make a new shortcut. Then R.click the the shortcut, and select Properties to adjust its parameters. Target and Start In are what you are looking at

Target: Your folding folder in Program Files. The location doesn't need to be changed but you need to add the -gpu X flag after it, corresponding to that number you put into the config

eg.
Code:
"C:\Program Files\Folding@home\Folding@home-gpu\Folding@home.exe" -gpu 0
Start In: >> This is what you need to change from the default, to your folding folder in the usually hidden folder in AppData/Roaming

Code:
"C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Folding@home-gpu"
Hence, you need to create Two shortcuts, one for each GPU.

One shortcut's "Start in" points to the first folding@home-gpu folder in AppData/Roaming, and the second points to the second folder you created in there.

Setting Up The Multiple Clients Config
To get to the clients config, start a client from teh new shortcuts you have created. You will see a coloured icon(s) on the system tray >>R click the folding icon in the system tray when it is running(or it usually comes up automatically after a fresh install) You have to do this twice of course, once for each client.

Under the USER tab(not pictured_ you will need to put in your username and our team number of course: 140370.

For the CONNECTION and ADVANCED Tabs:

Is is essential you get the insert the -gpu X flag (where x is whatever corresponding number to what you set up in the folding client config)

Hence
1st CARD/GPU: Config: says -gpu 0 in parameters and in the shortcut
2nd CARD/GPU: Config says -gpu 1 in parameters and in the shortcut

Also ensure each machine has a different ID in the config

Once all that is done, THATS IT!

To test it, set up a folding monitor such as FahMon and set up client monitoring corresponding to each folder in AppData Roaming.

Good Luck - let us know if anything needs clarifying

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 07-16-2010 at 01:45 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:20 AM   #104
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Now that's what I'm talking about. Thanks!

LOL I've never seen that dummy plug mod before.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2010, 03:40 AM   #105
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
Um, I have a question. I'd like to join, but will this still work with my Raedon 5650 HD? I read somewhere that its better to run on computers with nVidia cards.

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2010, 05:45 AM   #106
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-1162 View Post
Um, I have a question. I'd like to join, but will this still work with my Raedon 5650 HD? I read somewhere that its better to run on computers with nVidia cards.
Hello RC - at present, the GPU client does get through more calculations on an nvidia card than an ATI card, but ATI cards still get through more than a CPU client.

Any contribution is a good one, for a great cause. If you would like to read more about ATI setups, the FAQ is here

Basically, you would also download the 6.23 client, and setup as normal with username and team number. The client should take care of the rest.

Let us know if you need any further experience. Remember, contributing 50WUs to teamLFN will get you the unique and sexy folders badge

Good Luck

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-16-2010, 08:05 AM   #107
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Okay, I downloaded it and installed it, set up with my username and the team number, but when I mouse over the system tray icon it keeps giving a "F@H Core Download error (#)" and the number keeps increasing. I think it may be sum issue with the network connection. How do I solve this?

Old 07-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #108
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

did you download 6.23?

Also, make sure your firewall isnt blocking the folding client.

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-16-2010, 08:35 AM   #109
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Ok I think it's working now. Googled it. Seems since I run Windows 7 I've to cut the F@H folder from the Program Files to the C: directory. It successfully downloaded a work packet and folding's underway.

Woohoo!

I'm glad I'm on my way to get the sexy folders badge make my mark on society.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:08 PM   #110
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Great stuff RC-1162 Welcome to teamLFN.

I now recall having a similar error to your one when I switched to W7. I got around by setting the shortcuts to "run as admin", which the solution you found is a workaround of(running things from C/ instead of program files does not need admin permissions)

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-17-2010, 12:26 PM   #111
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Congrats to HG35 and Billy on their imminent 50WUs !!

badges are in the mail

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-21-2010, 01:57 AM   #112
N-5/Prudii
Rookie

Current Game: New Vegas
Now, will this work while my computer is asleep?

Show spoiler
N-5/Prudii is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2010, 02:07 AM   #113
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-5/Prudii View Post
Now, will this work while my computer is asleep?
Considering the GPU or CPU client will stress those respective processors at up to 100% The answer is a definite no (see the EVGA precision pic above showing 95% usage)

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #114
N-5/Prudii
Rookie

Current Game: New Vegas
Ok, and how about multiple PC's?

Show spoiler
N-5/Prudii is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #115
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Congrats to HG35 and Billy on their imminent 50WUs !!

badges are in the mail

mtfbwya
Gratz gang! Sorry for the delay.. been away from the forums for a few. Hopefully I spit-polished those badges enough to make up for it...

hheeewwwwaakkk.. ptoooooie!

Old 07-22-2010, 02:21 AM   #116
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-5/Prudii View Post
Ok, and how about multiple PC's?
Thats not an issue at all You can have a client set up on any compatible system. just make sure you select the right client depending on your hardware and OS. To make sure all the points go to the same account name and team, ensure the config on each machine is set the same.

Let us know if you need any further tips

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-22-2010, 12:31 PM   #117
acdcfanbill

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post
hheeewwwwaakkk.. ptoooooie!
Oh my, how... terrific

Old 07-22-2010, 01:22 PM   #118
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdcfanbill View Post
Oh my, how... terrific
lolz, chainz has been chewing tobacco 24/7 since playing RDR

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Old 07-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #119
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Thanks chainz! I never got to wear a badge 'round here before....

@acdcfanbill: Holy crap! That fermi card is unbelievable... I had my gts250, my ps3, and a cpu client on this C2D2.13 rig, all running at max, and you still were pulling away from me... with only one client!!! That thing is awesome, and now you have me shopping for a fermi...

@Q: Where is that 470 for $215? Been looking high and low >.> ^.^ <.< \/.\/ Show me the light!

@N5 - yep, like Astro said, just make sure you enter the same configuration... for a minute I had my roommates comps both folding for me, 'til they got aware and shut me down

Old 07-23-2010, 01:04 AM   #120
acdcfanbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
@acdcfanbill: Holy crap! That fermi card is unbelievable... I had my gts250, my ps3, and a cpu client on this C2D2.13 rig, all running at max, and you still were pulling away from me... with only one client!!! That thing is awesome, and now you have me shopping for a fermi...
Yea, I like it so far, though I might like it more had I found it for $215 I usually run it about 9-10 hrs a day, basically, start it before I leave for work, and 'Pause when done...' when I get home so I can game or w/e. I leave it off when I sleep too since leaving the computer on raises the temp in my room (same room as I sleep in).

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > General Tech Discussion > Join folding@home with TeamLFN !