lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Transformers: War for Cybertron
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Transformers: War for Cybertron

I'm not exactly the biggest Transformers fan in the world, but i do like them and i'm kinda curious about this game. Looks pretty good and it will come out in 4 days.
Oh and this is NOT based on any movie or anything so don't worry Michael Bay has nothing to do with this

Offical Site

Trailer:
View page
YouTube Video

Anyone else excited? Or has any xbox owners played the demo already?

Sorry can't resist to put this here but this is simply the best commercial i've ever seen
View page
YouTube Video

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
True_Avery
Banned

My friend, who is one of the top 10 Revenge of the Fallen players in the world (I know, exciting huh?), has been following this game for a long while. Revenge of the Fallen's community has moved over, which is fair sized since the old Chrome Hounds community fused with it when their servers went down.

From what little I've seen of the Demo it looks like an alright game. The odd 3ed person angle they have takes some getting used to, but overall its a typical class based 3ed person shooter.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
NARcotics
Lurker

The video looks amazing, but trailers ALWAYS look amazing. However this does look like the greatest Transformers game ever, so its got that going for it.

The GameSpot commercial is the single funniest thing I have seen in a long while.
NARcotics is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARcotics View Post
The video looks amazing, but trailers ALWAYS look amazing. However this does look like the greatest Transformers game ever, so its got that going for it.
Here you go some gameplay
View page
YouTube Video
Quote:
The GameSpot commercial is the single funniest thing I have seen in a long while.
Indeed

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Old 06-18-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
NARcotics
Lurker

Alright it wins. I will buy it, I like Transformers. (Not the Micheal Bay Transformers only ever watched that to see Megan Fox haha).

This games looks gorgeous, and pretty sweet if your a Transformers fan, I love the idea. Wish it was FPS not 3rd but I understand the reason it would be 3rd.
NARcotics is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Wish it was FPS not 3rd but I understand the reason it would be 3rd.
FPS would make no sense in this game, and likely give alot of folks that simulated type of motion sickness ...bleh

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 07-06-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #7
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
I can't understand why everything has to be FPS with some people...

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #8
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7 View Post
FPS would make no sense in this game
I can't imagine transforming in 1st person either. Of course it's not impossible but would look pretty stupid. And besides you couldn't even see the animation.

Bink's Sake

Old 06-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #9
Mandalore The Shadow
The Writing Writer

Current Game: KotOR II
I played the demo and was not impressed but maybe i will rent it

My Mods
“You needn't die happy when your time comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived
your life from the beginning to the end and ka is always served.”

― Stephen King, The Dark Tower
Mandalore The Shadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 06:23 AM   #10
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
I can't understand why everything has to be FPS with some people...
Me neither...

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #11
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
IGN has a review up - http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1100843p1.html

It actually sounds a hell of a lot better than I was expecting (or dreading). Good news that Peter Cullen is in as Prime. I was going to pass over this, but now I may have to check it out.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2010, 01:16 AM   #12
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
IGN has a review up - http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1100843p1.html

It actually sounds a hell of a lot better than I was expecting (or dreading). Good news that Peter Cullen is in as Prime. I was going to pass over this, but now I may have to check it out.
So where is "our" Prime at? I would love to hear his thoughts on the matter.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #13
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Well after being in Stockholm for the past month or so for work it seems I have missed a lot lately, like TFU2 and TOR trailers and the release of this.

I saw this trailer a while ago and thought it looked pretty cool and a liked the different take, even though I would prefer an earth-based game. But growing up with a lack of TF games (I really only played the one on the C64) I won't nitpick.

If I get time tonight I'll try the demo, but with the NBA draft it might be occupied.

But reading the reviews there are a couple things that are disappointing. First is the fact that the total time for playing both campaigns is about 8 hours, and that the custom transformer creation is only for MP. I had originally thought you could do it for SP as well.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2010, 09:21 PM   #14
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Yeah it seems the SP gamer is getting shafted more and more often these days with everyone scrambling to jump on the MP bandwagon.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #15
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Being a relatively new XBox owner, the beef I have with MP is that when I pick up a game that is even a bit less than a year old in all but fairly rare cases the community has pretty much moved on. So a game that focuses on MP is pretty much nerfed in the long term. I know I'm old school, but I like going back to older games from time to time.

Hell, I'm planning on playing KOTOR and BG2 again soon...

Old 06-29-2010, 09:09 AM   #16
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Just completed the game on medium and i have to say it was great.
Show spoiler

Bink's Sake

Old 07-06-2010, 03:33 PM   #17
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

I tried the MP demo and really couldn't get into it. I think part of the problem was not tracking down an online manual to have everything make sense. The character generation is a cool idea, but it is so limiting that it was a but of a turnoff. I'll probably pick it up when it comes down in price though.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Transformers: War for Cybertron