lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Dak's WIPs
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-19-2010, 06:36 AM   #81
Darth Crados
Rookie

Wow. The Duros is well made indeed, nicely done Dak
A question though: since you can make armored robes, have you thought making an armored robe of Ulic Qel-Droma, or perhaps Exar Kun's? In Every picture I've seen they always have a cool set of armor, it would be fun to make it wearable in-game.
Do you think it's possible?
Darth Crados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #82
Holty1-5

Current Game: Final Fantasy 13
Helpful! 
Very Nice Dak I'll Give the Duros a Go when Its Out.

Plus it will Work Great with this Mod http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...rection;114057
:P Cant wait to Use them Together

Holty1-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #83
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne View Post
Looks great, does it have DS skins?
Unfortunately no. Mostly because I wouldn't really know what to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor-Hal View Post
Looks brilliant! Keep up the great work; I'll definitely be downloading once it's finished.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Crados View Post
Wow. The Duros is well made indeed, nicely done Dak
A question though: since you can make armored robes, have you thought making an armored robe of Ulic Qel-Droma, or perhaps Exar Kun's? In Every picture I've seen they always have a cool set of armor, it would be fun to make it wearable in-game.
Do you think it's possible?
When I get a moment I'd be more than happy to give it a go if you like... do you have a reference picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holty1-5 View Post
Very Nice Dak I'll Give the Duros a Go when Its Out.

Plus it will Work Great with this Mod http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...rection;114057
:P Cant wait to Use them Together
Indeed it will . Along with this and this too.

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2010, 07:08 AM   #84
Darth Crados
Rookie

Quote:
When I get a moment I'd be more than happy to give it a go if you like... do you have a reference picture?
Well I've been checking for some pictures. I've managed to found some.
I'm no modder, but from what I've seen around here in the forums, I don't think if this is possible or not... anyway here it goes

Exar Kun:
http://www.swgtcgdb.com/images/db/gh/raid/ExarKun.jpg (btw I have no idea of what that card is xD)
http://www.swg1.net/encyclo/images/exar_kun.jpg
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:...thholocron.JPG
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:...pirit_egtf.jpg
Ulic Qel-Droma:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ulic_qel_droma.jpg
Darth Crados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 12:47 AM   #85
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
EDIT: Argg, I'm an idiot.

Thank you Gorgod.

Last edited by Zhaboka; 06-23-2010 at 01:04 AM.
Zhaboka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #86
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Actually, have you checked out Darth Darkus' mod?

He has some that are pretty dang close and those are probably way better than I could ever do

What I would probably do for Kun's robe is put Revan's cape (for the shoulders, mostly) on Bandon's armor or something, but I haven't been able to get Revan's cape model to work correctly for some reason. So as of now it's a kind of/maybe situation

I'm currently making some items for Dr. Hal's merchant WIP which I am really looking forward to, and then back to cracking the whole alien thing.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:43 PM   #87
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Well it's been a little while

I haven't had much time for modding lately, but I've recently decided to revamp my "Republic Armored Robes" mod into an "Armored Robes" mod. This means that on top of the Republic robes, there will also be Sith robes. Lots of people have been asking for Sith Variations, so I'm going to give it a shot. I will also include female versions of each so that it will feel more complete.

Here's the first Sith armor, Sith Holocron recommended the combination of these two models in particular and I think they look great.

Show spoiler

Sorry if it's a little dark, I forgot to brighten it up a bit.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #88
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Oh WOW, that is the perfect choice.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #89
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Nice work! Might I recommend though, using one of the bulkier robes? Just a suggestion. Though it might look cool.

Can't wait to see what you've got coming next.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2010, 09:18 PM   #90
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
Nice combo! My only suggestion would be to edit the model (or maybe the skin somehow?) to make the calves seem smaller. Right now, they look disproportionately bulky.

Thank you Gorgod.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #91
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaboka View Post
My only suggestion would be to edit the model (or maybe the skin somehow?) to make the calves seem smaller. Right now, they look disproportionately bulky.
They do look bulky and it kind of annoys me, but I want to keep it that way because there is no female model for the Ubese Assassin armor. That means I have to make one and I want people to be able to see the difference between the two, you know?

Here's what I came up with for the female. It has its problems (specifically the head) but from what I hear from people regarding female stuff I would think that it's better than nothing...
Show spoiler

And the male had a couple problems I fixed, not that I know if you can tell the difference but why not:
Show spoiler

And a strange request:
If anyone is interested in doing a couple skins for the Sith robes, just reply here or pm/vm me. I'm kind of stumped

Thanks!

Old 07-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #92
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Drexl View Post
And a strange request:
If anyone is interested in doing a couple skins for the Sith robes, just reply here or pm/vm me. I'm kind of stumped

Thanks!
I'm sure I can come up with something May well adopt the TOR armour to this model if you want?

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #93
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
I'm sure I can come up with something May well adopt the TOR armour to this model if you want?
Well these are supposed to be sithy, so something, well, sithy. Hehe. Want me to send you the files?

I'm hoping to adopt the TOR skin to the female republic robe though, like I mentioned before

Old 07-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #94
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Well these are supposed to be sithy, so something, well, sithy. Hehe. Want me to send you the files?
Aye send them over, I have a few things in mind...

Show spoiler

Quote:
I'm hoping to adopt the TOR skin to the female republic robe though, like I mentioned before
My suggestion remains the same, to re-use the skin for both Once you have the female model done, and if there is substatial different in the texture varients I can look at swapping them between the two...

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2010, 07:38 PM   #95
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Hey guys, it's been a little while since I've done any work of my own! Getting back into skinning now, going to do a v2 of my skin pack and I've also been trying to finish my armored robes mod, which will eventually add female models and 2 new sith models as well. But that's in the future; skin pack is first, so I'll stop talking and move onto pics of what I have

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

My goal this time around is to make everything look a bit more real and make stuff more fun to look at -- I would like some feedback and also if anyone wants to see something in particular re-skinned to speak up. I plan on making this a big pack!

Old 11-14-2010, 10:40 PM   #96
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
HK looks great! Not sure about the red eyes, seeing as the original eye color(s) are kind of integral to the story, but the skin itself is fantastic! I also love the militia and the subtle Mandalore enhancements. Atton's facial hair still looks pretty rough. Maybe try making it a touch more salt-and-pepper?

Thank you Gorgod.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #97
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaboka View Post
HK looks great! Not sure about the red eyes, seeing as the original eye color(s) are kind of integral to the story, but the skin itself is fantastic! I also love the militia and the subtle Mandalore enhancements. Atton's facial hair still looks pretty rough. Maybe try making it a touch more salt-and-pepper?
Thanks, HK took me forever to get something that looked good -- I decided just to try to enhance his regular look instead of giving him a new one (which set the tone for the rest of the pack) or beat him up like has been done so many times. What should I do with the eyes, make them more on the orange side?

About Atton's facial hair, I'm not really sure what you mean... how do you think I should improve it? Thanks for the feedback though!

Last edited by Dak Drexl; 11-15-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:54 PM   #98
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
Well, my thought was that the HKs' eye color is rather distinctive and has a small place in the story, seeing as it changes from orange to blue from HK-50 to HK-51. So, yeah, I guess I'm saying more on the orange side, haha.

I realized some of what I was seeing in the Atton shot was just the aliasing on the render. I think maybe touches of gray could help texturize the beard. In general it just seem flat, which is the problem I find with most facial hair add-ons. Maybe try adding a subtle ripple effect or some sort of bump map distortion over fractal noise? Just something to add more random texture to it.

Thank you Gorgod.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:42 AM   #99
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
About Atton's facial hair, I'm not really sure what you mean... how do you think I should improve it? Thanks for the feedback though!
In the screenshot you have, his facial hair looks kinda blurry and smudged. It's sort of like he just smeared shoe polish on his face to "fake" a beard . Maybe you could post a better resolution close up? That way, we could see the detail.

For tips, check out this post by Inyri

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2010, 04:25 PM   #100
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Problem with that tutorial RR is it was made with photoshop, and does not carry over to gimp well. I should write a tutorial on it though.

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2010, 04:54 PM   #101
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Sorry my PC takes such horrid screenshots, it's never helped me when it comes to trying to make my mods look good

I guess the best close up shot I have is here since I haven't edited Atton's head yet, just the clothes. Looking at those now the portraits suck though, glad I'm making a v2!

And Candy is right about that tutorial, I don't think it has the same noise filter which is really what starts the whole thing.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:09 PM   #102
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Correct.

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #103
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
More pics....

Show spoiler

New Mira:
Show spoiler

Show spoiler

New Onderon Soldiers color scheme:
Show spoiler

New Sith Troopers (decided my old ones looked too clean)
Show spoiler

New appearance/useable armor:
Show spoiler

Old 11-27-2010, 12:21 PM   #104
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

The Onderon/Sith Troopers?

*WOW*

The Tattoo on Mira was also pretty cool.

My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #105
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne View Post
The Onderon/Sith Troopers?

*WOW*

The Tattoo on Mira was also pretty cool.
Thanks, that skin pack has been finished and sent off to kotor files and my armored robes mod is up there and on TUCE (harmless self-promotion? )

Started work on another mod that changes Canderous' default clothing to something... cooler that I think most people will like (Darth Payne I know you will like the skin)

All I have to do is work on the neck positioning so that the head fits ok and also make the texture stretching look a bit better if possible.

Last edited by Dak Drexl; 01-02-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #106
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Another Punisher type armor?

Cool.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #107
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Started work on another mod that changes Canderous' default clothing to something... cooler that I think most people will like (Darth Payne I know you will like the skin)

All I have to do is work on the neck positioning so that the head fits ok and also make the texture stretching look a bit better if possible.
Perhaps you could make the neck differently. Instead of being 'flat' like that, you could give him some kind of armoured collar that rises up around his neck. I'm thinking of Bastila's neck collar. That way, if you equip a helmet, his skin coloured neck won't be showing.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:17 AM   #108
.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
Thumbs up Nice.

Quote:
More pics....

Show spoiler
Maybe tone down the green on the side of his helmet.

Quote:
New Mira:
Show spoiler
Mira got a tattoo

Quote:
Show spoiler
I like the the bottom of his robe.

Quote:
New Onderon Soldiers color scheme:
Show spoiler
Those definatly look better than the old ones.

Quote:
New Sith Troopers (decided my old ones looked too clean)
Show spoiler

New appearance/useable armor:
Show spoiler
Sweet!!

Keep up the great work.

Last edited by .:Lord Revan:.; 01-05-2011 at 02:55 PM.
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #109
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
Perhaps you could make the neck differently. Instead of being 'flat' like that, you could give him some kind of armoured collar that rises up around his neck. I'm thinking of Bastila's neck collar. That way, if you equip a helmet, his skin coloured neck won't be showing.
Good idea, like this?

Old 01-07-2011, 02:49 AM   #110
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Good idea, like this?

yeah. You'll just have to make sure that the collar doesn't clip with the neck while he's turning his head, or if he's setting up for a fight (flourish animation). I also see that there is some transparent space across the top of the collar. I'd still close that in, just like all the other body models that have neck stumps.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:12 AM   #111
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
yeah. You'll just have to make sure that the collar doesn't clip with the neck while he's turning his head, or if he's setting up for a fight (flourish animation). I also see that there is some transparent space across the top of the collar. I'd still close that in, just like all the other body models that have neck stumps.
Yeah I'll have to move around some verts still. The problem with the transparency is that the part of the neck model is there but it doesn't show from certain angles. I can try to get it as close as I can though. Thanks RR, your advice is always helpful!

Old 01-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #112
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Ok, time for an "update".

Lately I've been having a lot of fun playing with the in-game models, isolating them from their elements and allowing the player to use them where he couldn't before.

Examples so far:
Show spoiler

Both of the above have been shipped to KotOR Files and I'm planning on doing a Republic/Sith pack for TSL which includes the Republic helmets and officer hats and the Sith officer hats.

I want to know if anyone has any cool ideas of parts of models they would like to see. If you have ideas please share! I'd love to do it for you.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:48 PM   #113
greggomonkey
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor
Sweet thats really cool!
I have a good idea for a helmet, the Mando helmets. It might take some modification to make it look normal with armour but it would be sweet.
Keep up the good work.

~Greggomonkey

Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak
greggomonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2011, 06:24 AM   #114
Seikan

"I have a good idea for a helmet, the Mando helmets. It might take some modification to make it look normal with armour but it would be sweet."

I kind of did it... but whatever °° (as well as the sith one)

And Dak your calo hat is cool xD and the gun too, good work =)

Last mod:
-Seikan's Armors Of The Old Republic:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...74#post2738274
Seikan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2011, 12:30 PM   #115
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Thanks guys, I'll eventually be doing the headwear mod I mentioned before which will include a bunch of items from Seikan also. I've made about half the items, but that's being put on hold...

I'm going to try my hand at my own recruit mod. Scripting is the only thing I've never really tried, so I decided I'm up for the challenge (maybe )

It's going to be "Recruit Dak Drexl" - he will be a Republic soldier on Manaan. This is where I suck: creative stuff! Anyone have any cool story ideas or something? My idea was that he overhears Roland Wann give you your quest to break into the Sith base and he wants in. However, he will need some dialogue and stuff. I'm really bad with this sort of thing, so can let the more creative minds of the forum speak

Old 01-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #116
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo 3
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I MIGHT be able to help you with that.

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #117
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Feel free to PM me

Old 01-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #118
Slstoev
Rookie

Current Game: TF2, Minecraft
I just want to ask will he be temporary or forever and if so who will he replace?

I am back.
Slstoev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2011, 07:11 PM   #119
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
He'll be permanent. I'm going to include the option on installation so that you can decide if he will replace T3 or HK.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #120
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Hm it looks like some of this thread got deleted somehow, so feel free to re-post your stuff if you want.

A little update, it's taking me a while to do because I'm just learning to script but I think I made a good bit of progress so far:

Dak will spawn after Roland Wann tells you about breaking into the Sith base. He will approach you... (note that his appearance is still being worked on and his head is just a placeholder at the moment)
Show spoiler

And you have to initiate conversation. Some snippets of his pre-recruit dialog (not in order so don't let that confuse you):

Show spoiler

And Dak in the party (portrait notwithstanding )
Show spoiler

Special thanks to Bead-v, HarIII and Qui-Gon Glenn getting me up to this point.

Now, I have my sidequest chosen. After you unlock Dak's dialog (I don't think it will take much because I want the player to be able to take part in this sooner than later), he will get a holo message thing from a Republic officer (note that names haven't been chosen yet). In the message the officer will tell Dak to report to the Republic Academy on Carida to receive his mission. I'm not going to spoil the mission just yet though. Basically, however, the player will be allowed to travel to the new location!

The first module will be a re-skinned Yavin station, which is the Republic Station. From there you will be able to take a shuttle to the adacemy. Module for that has not been chosen yet, but I've been tossing around a few ideas.

Questions, comments, and criticisms are encouraged!

Last edited by Dak Drexl; 02-12-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Dak's WIPs