lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Do you think that a ship from the KotOR era could destroy the Executor?
Yes 14 26.92%
No 32 61.54%
Not sure 6 11.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Executor vs. any other ship from the KotOR
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #41
AntonioMotti
Lurker

Executor I-class Star Dreadnought
Length: 19000 m
Speed: 32 MGLT
Acceleration: 4 MGLT/s
Maneuverability: 1 DPF
Hyperdrive: Class 2.0
Shielding: 96000 SBD
Hull: 45712 RU
Armament 1: 2000 turreted heavy turbolaser cannons
Armament 2: 2000 turreted turbolaser cannons
Armament 3: 250 turreted heavy turboion cannons
Armament 4: 500 turreted light laser cannons
Armament 5: 250 (30) heavy concussion missile launchers
Armament 6: 40 tractor beam projectors
Complement 1: 720 TIE Fighter
Complement 2: 720 TIE Interceptors
Complement 3: 288 TIE Bombers
Complement 4: 36 TIE Advanced
Complement 5: 36 TIE Advanced
Complement 6: 60 Lambda-class T-4c Shuttles
Complement 7: 60 Delta-class DX-9a Transports
Complement 8: 48 Sentinel-class Landing Craft Mark IIs
Complement 9: 32 Gamma-class ATR-6 Assault Transports

there is not competitor, only Death Star can beat star dreadnought 1vs1
AntonioMotti is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #42
Roller123
Rookie

a single fighter can destroy the Executor, Deathstar or whatever. Armed with a number of nuclear missiles. One to break the shield. One to annihilate the ship. Even North Korea could destroy a Death Star. Sorry Luke.
Roller123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2010, 06:42 AM   #43
AntonioMotti
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller123 View Post
a single fighter can destroy the Executor, Deathstar or whatever. Armed with a number of nuclear missiles. One to break the shield. One to annihilate the ship. Even North Korea could destroy a Death Star. Sorry Luke.
yea yea we saw it
but if i remember there is a question if there is spaceship what can beat star dreadnought in normal fight not sabotage
if you detonate any explosive in munition store you can destroy any ship am i right ?
but Demongo is asking a question of normal victory over executor

hope you understand me using google translator coz im bit lazy ^^
Old 07-06-2010, 09:24 AM   #44
Roller123
Rookie

If a scout patrol can be armed with rockets, it can destroy a dreadnought. The total destruction radius of a 50Mt bomb was 35km. Multiple times the size of one Star Dreadnought. And that was 1961, barbarian technology.

If it cant - loadup scout with stuff, plot suicide course, eject pilot, same result. The Empire sure had nuclear tech right? Its Hollywood man, dont put more thought into it than needed. lal/
Old 07-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #45
AntonioMotti
Lurker

ok i am failed
my english is too poor for this kind of conversation
-you can launch missile but it will not get through shield deflector you have to overload shield or destroy it physically i dont know who would like to make suicide attack ,perhaps kamikaze ^^
-and we forgot on antimissile system
-be sure your scout patrol craft would fail, just one volley from cannons and fighters shouldn't left hangar
-in space is 35 km or 19 km nothing so your ultra mega powerful nuclear missile is like one drop in ocean
-and do you think that civilization who can travel through universe could let destroy them by one pitiful rocket from one small ship?
-dont you think that you are a bit overconfident? ou me too ^^

i know this is just film, game or other ****, but you can let us dreaming
Old 07-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #46
Roller123
Rookie

Funny, if i remember it correctly, a suicide fighter was exactly the way that big Star Dreadnought was destroyed in Episode 6.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #47
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

Current Game: q2
Alright: The shields on a ship have to be incredibly strong. Why? These things engage in combat against many vessels. The Executor was designed to face off against more than one vessel. Also, I don't know if you know this or not but a Proton Torpedo IS a nuclear warhead. (Source: Ultimate Cross-Sections: Star Wars Original Trilogy) The executor is not stopped by one, it is stopped by MANY at the SAME time in the SAME position. Read X-Wing: Bacta War for a good description of how the Lusyanka (Sp?) was defeated and then remember that it surrendered to prevent total destruction and there were tons of other factors at work.

Short Answer: Learn Star Wars more, Executor is the most powerful ship in the galaxy (Exception: Death Star) in its time frame, period.

ForeverNight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #48
Roller123
Rookie

So SW fleets DID employ nuclear missiles. Well this makes arguing so much easier then. Im sure you know the first thing George Lucas said at the very first press conference about Starwars. Seriously, who wants an Executor be destroyed by a single fighter like Ebon Hawk, just like that. The Executor was designed to be cool, not survivable. It dies then the writer decides. The way it was destroyed in Ep6 was ridiculous. Nothing in the movies suggests the Executor would survive a missile attack. It doesnt even have an antimissile protection. At least the Ep4 Deathstar doesnt, else all those fighters would be toast.

1 Ebon Hawk + 1 missile = one dead Executor, shield or no shield. with such a huge detonation radius, the EB wouldnt even need to go close range. Hyperjump, lauch bomb, hyperjump away and target is dead. Futuristic wars will be so entertaining. :up:
Old 07-07-2010, 02:55 PM   #49
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Too outrageous for me to not argue, sadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverNight
Executor is the most powerful ship in the galaxy (Exception: Death Star) in its time frame, period.
I don't mean to nitpick, but the Eclipse is arguably at least as powerful, not counting its superlaser.

Quote:
So SW fleets DID employ nuclear missiles.
The only notable use of nukes in canon was by Mandalorians circa 4,000 BBY, which they used to destroy cities on poorly-defended planets. Destruction of cities can easily be accomplished with turbolaser bombardment.

Quote:
The Executor was designed to be cool, not survivable. It dies then the writer decides.
Since when is this a discussion about how the plot was written, and not about the capability of the starships being discussed?

Quote:
The way it was destroyed in Ep6 was ridiculous.
How's that? It lost its shields after the rebel fleet beat the **** out of it (you may have missed this, but at some point during the Battle of Endor, Ackbar is heard saying "Concentrate all fire on that Super Star Destroyer), and the loss of its bridge caused it to lose control of navigation.

Quote:
Nothing in the movies suggests the Executor would survive a missile attack.
Except common sense. Besides, we don't have only the movies at our disposal.

Quote:
It doesnt even have an antimissile protection.
Since ****ing when? Executor's canon stats (source: "Starship Battles Preview 1 on Wizards.com") include 500 point-defense laser cannons.

Quote:
At least the Ep4 Deathstar doesnt, else all those fighters would be toast.
As detailed in the movie, its defenses were designed against large fleets of heavy capital ships, which is the only method a person without the plans to the thing would think of to attack the thing with. Besides, since the first Death Star carried 7,000 TIEs, it frankly doesn't need fast-targeting guns. The only reason the 30 Rebels in ANH stood a chance was Tarkin's hubris, such that he thought launching an overwhelming number of fighters was unnecessary to prevent them from causing any real damage.

Quote:
1 Ebon Hawk + 1 missile = one dead Executor, shield or no shield. with such a huge detonation radius, the EB wouldnt even need to go close range. Hyperjump, lauch bomb, hyperjump away and target is dead. Futuristic wars will be so entertaining.
I would suggest you reread ForeverNight's post. Furthermore, this ridiculous position of yours is indirectly addressed by the writings of some guy at this web page here, who did detailed analysis on the firepower used in Star Wars energy weaponry (much of it, in fact, is concluded based on what we see in the movies). It's a lot of scientific stuff that frankly goes over my head, and even though I'm sure you have enough time on your hands to read it, you don't need to; suffice to say, turbolasers are really ****ing powerful, therefore shields that are built to withstand them are also really ****ing powerful. As such, there is sufficient reason nuclear bombs are not really used much in Star Wars.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia

Last edited by TKA-001; 07-07-2010 at 07:01 PM.
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #50
Roller123
Rookie

Ludicrous speed, go!

Quote:
Since when is this a discussion about how the plot was written
It isnt. Therefore just because the Executor exists doesnt prove that it is sustainable, which obviously has nothing to do with its capabilities. The primary reason it exists is story, not capabilities. Same applies for the Deathstar obviously. These are not real ships... i hope everyone understands that and we stop using arguments such as:

Quote:
Since ****ing when? Executor's canon stats (source: "Starship Battles Preview 1 on Wizards.com") include 500 point-defense laser cannons.
500 guns to cover apr. 2*19length*5width/500guns= 1 gun per 380000 m^2. Thats nothing. But sounds nice.

Quote:
It's a lot of scientific stuff
Interesting article, thanks. That guy is looking at a picture which was designed to look cool, and analizes it, ok .. But then he just assumes multiple numbers being same as on Earth/current knowledge (for example asteroid density, and laser influence on them) and mixes it with some magic laserZ. Can stop reading right here. Its even less than making numbers out of the thin air, its just rubbish. Ok i say the Ebon Hawk uses X-material as structure and GigaLaser to shoot things. X-material is able to withstand any shot from Starwars universe. GigaLaser is able to penetrate shields and hull of any Starwars vessel. Therefore Calo Nord is able to destroy The Executor singlehandely. How are you gonna dispute that. You cant. Because everything is made up. The only known common ground to compare is reality (and here im doing nothing different than that article guy, borrowing numbers from reality to make some ridiculous "analysis" ). And reality states that a nuke is gonna destroy the Executor. And nothing so far suggests otherwise short of wild imagination.

Quote:
How's that? It lost its shields after the rebel fleet beat the **** out of it (you may have missed this, but at some point during the Battle of Endor, Ackbar is heard saying "Concentrate all fire on that Super Star Destroyer), and the loss of its bridge caused it to lose control of navigation.
Thats just crazytalk. Disabled ships do not suddenly navigate into the next Deathstar. Not to speak about not having a backup control room.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #51
AntonioMotti
Lurker

Quote:
Quote:
Thats just crazytalk. Disabled ships do not suddenly navigate into the next Deathstar. Not to speak about not having a backup control room.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGMva...eature=related
6:15

and executor headed on Death Star only because George Lucas wanted to
/or film director

Quote:
500 guns to cover apr. 2*19length*5width/500guns= 1 gun per 380000 m^2. Thats nothing. But sounds nice.
if you place them strategically with use of radar detection you can cover large space
of course they are not impenetrable but can save you from most of incoming missiles
Old 07-07-2010, 11:36 PM   #52
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
These are not real ships... i hope everyone understands that and we stop using arguments such as:
Sorry, but if you're going to debate about the Star Wars canon... You're going to have to accept canon sources as legitimate evidence to cite.

Quote:
Interesting article, thanks. That guy is looking at a picture which was designed to look cool, and analizes it, ok .. But then he just assumes multiple numbers being same as on Earth/current knowledge (for example asteroid density, and laser influence on them) and mixes it with some magic laserZ. Can stop reading right here. Its even less than making numbers out of the thin air, its just rubbish.
It isn't rubbish, the guy's a ****ing engineer. He knows what he's talking about, and he uses (for example) the strength of earth materials as a tool to estimate a lower limit (do you mean to tell me that starships in Star Wars are made of materials weaker than what is here on Earth?). If you'd like to tell me how he's actually wrong instead of just dismissing it for being too complicated, let me know.

Quote:
Ok i say the Ebon Hawk uses X-material as structure and GigaLaser to shoot things. X-material is able to withstand any shot from Starwars universe. GigaLaser is able to penetrate shields and hull of any Starwars vessel. Therefore Calo Nord is able to destroy The Executor singlehandely. How are you gonna dispute that. You cant. Because everything is made up. The only known common ground to compare is reality (and here im doing nothing different than that article guy, borrowing numbers from reality to make some ridiculous "analysis" ).
Yes, you are doing something completely different, because he's using actual science that we know of in order to form a hypothesis, while you're just goofing around without actually looking at it.

Quote:
And reality states that a nuke is gonna destroy the Executor. And nothing so far suggests otherwise short of wild imagination.
Read above, plz. We aren't arguing about reality.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

Last edited by TKA-001; 07-08-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:13 AM   #53
DarthJacen
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongo View Post
If someone didn't know, the Executor is Vader's personal Super Star Destroyer
And it is big..........very big:
Show spoiler

So can you find any Cruiser/ Star Destroyer from the Kotor era that could destroy it?
Of course if an entire fllet would attack it at once it would be destroyed, but I am thinking of a one on one "combat"
So let's clarify things first:
Both ships are working at 100% capacity, without ANY damages. They don't have any aid, except the fighters they can carry inside the Hangar. We are in deep space, no planet/space station/asteroid field is near. So? What do you think? Is it possible to destroy it or not?

EDIT: Oh I don't know what happened to the title. Sorry I meant "Executor vs. any other ship from the KotOR era"
Haha, an A-wing took down the Executor by crashing into the bridge after the shield generators were destroyed, but the ship would destroy any ship of capital size.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild
DarthJacen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2010, 02:19 AM   #54
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

Thanks for those posts TKA, gonna have to read over that article now.

Basically, just accept it, Nukes aren't all powerful. If we assume that a Proton Torpedo has an average yield of ~10 megatons (Models vary from the Kiloton to Gigaton range, so I just took a number out of the air) and we know that it takes hundreds of proton torpedoes to take down the shields of the Lusankya. So, we can theorize that it takes the equivalent of 1000 megatons OR MORE to lower the shields of an SSD.

Anyway, here's a number for the raw energy used in the shields of the SSD:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookiepedia
Its shields handled much of the power generated—an amount equivalent to the total power of a medium star (3.8 × 1026 W)
source

Give up, nothing produces that kind of power that we can develop and certainly not able to be made in the KotOR era. Your fantasy about a single nuke destroying it are just that, fantasy, within a fantasy.

@TKA: Bah, EU matters not

Edit: Reread TKA's points above Darth Jacen.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:54 AM   #55
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverNight View Post
Thanks for those posts TKA, gonna have to read over that article now.

Basically, just accept it, Nukes aren't all powerful. If we assume that a Proton Torpedo has an average yield of ~10 megatons (Models vary from the Kiloton to Gigaton range, so I just took a number out of the air) and we know that it takes hundreds of proton torpedoes to take down the shields of the Lusankya. So, we can theorize that it takes the equivalent of 1000 megatons OR MORE to lower the shields of an SSD.
Given the level of technical advancement in the Star Wars univierse, personally I'd assume that a Nuclear Weapon would not be effective against the Executor or other Star Wars ships considering that in Universe by the time of the Films they had been space travelling for 20,000 standard years, they are well beyond our own current technical advancement. All that is to say, it would be my opinion in Universe that a nuclear weapon would be about as effective as throwing a rock at a tank....

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #56
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

hence my accent on MORE, we just have a lower range and I couldn't remember if Lusankya was operating at 100% efficiency or not. here's a host of variables and the 1000 megatons is a very lower limit. Since we know how much energy goes into the shields we can determine if we have enough time how much energy it takes to destroy the Executor. Frankly, I don't want to spend the time doing that, but I figured that it's gonna take a hell of a lot of energy, basically this thing could probably go through a small star and remain intact.

As for your analogy, if you're using current day nukes, than you're most likely correct. However, they're likely to have developed higher yield warheads or more effect shaped charges. Both could change that analogy.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:43 PM   #57
DarthJacen
Forumite

My response is here:
View page
YouTube Video
One A-wing takes out the shield tower, another crashes into the bridge, and bam, she's done. What a weakness!

CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
Old 07-09-2010, 12:06 AM   #58
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

After being pounded for presumably hours by the Rebellion Fleet.

Also, those domes were never positively identified as Shield Domes, just domes. iirc they were once identified as Sensor Domes, but I can't remember for sure.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #59
AntonioMotti
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverNight View Post
After being pounded for presumably hours by the Rebellion Fleet.

Also, those domes were never positively identified as Shield Domes, just domes. iirc they were once identified as Sensor Domes, but I can't remember for sure.
yea you are right look what i found http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/...s/Sensor2.html perhaps i didnt had time to read it ^^
Old 07-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #60
Feagildin

Current Game: KotOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthJacen View Post
One A-wing takes out the shield tower, another crashes into the bridge, and bam, she's done. What a weakness!

That's two ships. The problem is that no single ship could do that.

Feagildin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #61
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

Thanks for verifying Antonio.

Feagildin:

Old 07-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #62
DarthJacen
Forumite

Excuse me, you're right, but in Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed they are labeled as shield towers. That is not a reliable source, though. Plus, the line in the movie right afterwards is Imperial Officer to Admiral Piett: "Sir, we've lost our Bridge Deflector Shields!"

CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
Old 07-10-2010, 12:11 AM   #63
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

Correlation does not imply causation to be totally honest, I always thought that until I read the article that Antonio linked to, well I got to it from an article linked to earlier. So, believe me, you're not alone. For 15 years, I've always thought that

Old 07-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #64
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
Given the level of technical advancement in the Star Wars univierse, personally I'd assume that a Nuclear Weapon would not be effective against the Executor or other Star Wars ships considering that in Universe by the time of the Films they had been space travelling for 20,000 standard years, they are well beyond our own current technical advancement. All that is to say, it would be my opinion in Universe that a nuclear weapon would be about as effective as throwing a rock at a tank....
Actually, atomic weapons do have an effect on large capital ships in Star Wars, even shielded ones, though they usually have to be employed in salvo's.

Against a Star Dreadnought type ship any spread of less than a couple hundred warheads likely would only be an irritant. Toss a few thousand and you can do some serious damage.

Though the amount of fire you would be taking to get your fleet of missile cruisers into broadside with the SD would maybe give you one salvo/shot before the cruisers would be battered apart by the Star Dreadnoughts armaments.

Just my on Nukes in Star Wars.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #65
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke View Post
Actually, atomic weapons do have an effect on large capital ships in Star Wars, even shielded ones, though they usually have to be employed in salvo's.

Against a Star Dreadnought type ship any spread of less than a couple hundred warheads likely would only be an irritant. Toss a few thousand and you can do some serious damage.

Though the amount of fire you would be taking to get your fleet of missile cruisers into broadside with the SD would maybe give you one salvo/shot before the cruisers would be battered apart by the Star Dreadnoughts armaments.

Just my on Nukes in Star Wars.
I was more meaning our current Nuclear devices rather than any in universe Nuclear devices; obviously given technological advancements the yield of nuclear devices in the SW universe would be substantially higher than anything we have. Though given the obvious side effects of nuclear weapons you'd of thought unless you wanted to obliterate an entire planet permanently that they would only be used in space...

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2010, 11:27 PM   #66
Darth_Calo
Rookie

to be blunt, the Executor would chew up and spit out the Hammerheads, and all the other capital ships the Sith and Republic forces have to offer; even the Star Forge would tremble beneath the SuperLaser. In short: it would be the beat down of all beat downs. Something in the vein of the scene in Family Guy Presents: Something Something Something Darkside, when, after Dak says he feels like he can take on the whole empire himself, he attempts to, and is swatted out of the sky like a cat catching a bird. not even an irritant. more like a minor inconvenience. Even while the Star Forge is not a ship, it is part of the KoTOR Era, and hence, in my opinion, includable in this. it would create a huge fleet, but it would be subsequently rammed into oblivion by the executor. the fleet would then proceed to be picked off, probably 5-10 ships at a time. boom. boom. boom. no contest. Vader would be pleased.

Addendum: perhaps, if The Sith and Republic set aside their differences (HAHAHA), they would be able to put a dent in it; but the Star Forge would need to be working at nearly 400% of projected capacity, churnning out ships until the minute it was obliterated by the Executor.

As far as the technolgy debate, if you look at the technology of Star Wars, it gets less complex as time goes on. What? Yes. A giant sphere with a glaring flaw? that is certainly less advanced than an automated army made of battle droids. A Twin-Ion-Engine Fighter that is used as cannon fodder? The Vulture Droids would smoke them. While it is fair to say that the decline in technology is because the prequels were made last, AND the source of cloaking devices were all but gone, it is equally fair to say that their inability to adapt and create cloaking devices out of new sources is, at least somewhat, a sign of the loss of advancements. Going back 4000 years now, the Ebon Hawk would likely fair at least decently in a race with the Millenium Falcon; mostly because Han wouldn't be able to keep that bucket in working order enough and they'd fall behind.

but back to the original point:

not a chance. the executor and the other SSDs are virtually invincible by the standards of The start of Episode I-The End of Episode VI; by KotOR's standards, it would be absolutley invincible

Proud of the Six One Seven.
We are Boston. We are strong. We will prevail.

Last edited by Darth_Calo; 07-12-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Darth_Calo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2010, 06:42 PM   #67
Darth Primus
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai'galaar Bralor View Post
That's a... bold statement. I'm going to have to go with the Ebon Hawk. With Carth and Bastila at the controls, and Revan manning the turret, they could destroy the bridge, or wreak havoc from the inside.
Well, wreaking havoc on the inside is a completely different issue. The point of the matter is: can a KotOR era STARSHIP blow the hell out of the Executor?

The answer is no. Not an Ebon Hawk, not a vessel twenty times larger, or ten times smaller. Even if the Hawk has a reputable pilot, an ace gunner and Battle Meditation, there is still 4000 years of technological advancement to cope with. That means, stronger shields, point-defense accuracy guns (that could blast the hell out of any small ship).
Darth Primus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #68
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
The answer is no. Not an Ebon Hawk, not a vessel twenty times larger, or ten times smaller. Even if the Hawk has a reputable pilot, an ace gunner and Battle Meditation, there is still 4000 years of technological advancement to cope with. That means, stronger shields, point-defense accuracy guns (that could blast the hell out of any small ship).
You don't even need to go that far. No matter what century it's from, a freighter is never going to dent the shields of an ISD, let alone the Executor.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #69
Isaac Clarke

I know that some of these are not from the KOTOR era but... The Shawken Device(maybe), The Sun Crusher, The Galaxy Gun(maybe), and Centerpoint Station. Notice that all of them are superweapons. Yes. Oh yeah, and one more thing. If you say that they're allowed to have fighters, then The Star Forge.
Isaac Clarke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2010, 05:09 PM   #70
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Thats just crazytalk. Disabled ships do not suddenly navigate into the next Deathstar.
It's the nearest/biggest gravity well.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2010, 10:18 PM   #71
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Uhh the Ravager...?

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #72
ForeverNight
nrgurt researcher

Would still fail against the Executor.

Face it, _nothing_ from that period can hope to win against the Executor outside of some freak accident.

It's like the wright flying trying to take on a F-22 Raptor in air to air combat. It just doesn't work.

Can we lock this thread so it doesn't get revived again next year?

Old 12-21-2010, 03:49 PM   #73
.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
Saul Karath's Couragous maybe. I know I can't trust wookie but here http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Inexp...l_command_ship
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2010, 07:33 AM   #74
Darth Primus
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Lord Revan:. View Post
Saul Karath's Couragous maybe. I know I can't trust wookie but here http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Inexp...l_command_ship
Do me a favor. Look at the size of that little ship. A meager 3.1 kilometers... The Executor is 19 kilometers long. That's six times the size, six times the amount of weapon mounts. Probably much more than six times the amount of support craft carried within the Executor's hull. It's out of the question for any starship, even a fleet of starships from the KotOR era to be able to face Vader's little toy plane. The Executor is a mobile space station, designed to be the state of the art in military warships of his time, which has over 4000 years of technological development of advantage over the "Courageous".
Old 12-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #75

Hey I said "maybe".
Old 12-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #76
Darth Primus
Rookie

Point is, there is no room for consideration. No maybe. No fleet of ships from the KotOR era can match the state-of-the-art starship that is the hammerhead of the one and only tyrannical government to be able to cover most of the galaxy for over twenty years.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #77
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo: Master Chief Collection
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
As much as I would love to see the Leviathan destroy the Executor, I have to open my eyes and remember that it isn't going to happen. MAYBE against a regular Star Destroyer. MAYBE. But against the Executor? Nope. It'll be blown up before it can land a shot at the Executor. Sorry Saul...

You people have to just understand that KOTOR Era ships are inferior to the Executor. Just because the Leviathan is awesome doesn't mean that it could blow up the Executor with a single shot. Even I have to come to this realization.

Also this thread is nonsense as the answer to this thread is glaringly obvious. The Executor could pwn anything from the Kotor Era. Even the Star Forge. Don't believe me?

Ok, the Star Forge churns out ships at the speed of light. Executor destroys puny ships with relative ease. Lands a few shots at the Command Center. Bye-bye Star Forge. Executor spend less than 5 minutes destroying what's left of the Star Forge fleet. Also the explosion of the Star Forge would destroy most, if not all of the puny capital ships that it had spawned. Executor instant win.

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread

Last edited by LDR; 12-24-2010 at 09:57 AM.
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2010, 06:32 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDeathRay View Post
As much as I would love to see the Leviathan destroy the Executor, I have to open my eyes and remember that it isn't going to happen. MAYBE against a regular Star Destroyer. MAYBE. But against the Executor? Nope. It'll be blown up before it can land a shot at the Executor. Sorry Saul...

You people have to just understand that KOTOR Era ships are inferior to the Executor. Just because the Leviathan is awesome doesn't mean that it could blow up the Executor with a single shot. Even I have to come to this realization.

Also this thread is nonsense as the answer to this thread is glaringly obvious. The Executor could pwn anything from the Kotor Era. Even the Star Forge. Don't believe me?

Ok, the Star Forge churns out ships at the speed of light. Executor destroys puny ships with relative ease. Lands a few shots at the Command Center. Bye-bye Star Forge. Executor spend less than 5 minutes destroying what's left of the Star Forge fleet. Also the explosion of the Star Forge would destroy most, if not all of the puny capital ships that it had spawned. Executor instant win.
Yep the Executer wins end of story.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:51 AM   #79
Dark_Ansem

not in a million years. the Executor would simply swallow the Leviathan up.

Dark_Ansem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #80
harark1
Rookie

Current Game: Tsl, Jedi Acadmey
Wink Pff, the Executer's going down.

I say it's easy. How the Executer actually is deafeated is after the sheilds are depleated a tie fighter accidently flies into the bridge, killing all the officers and destroying the navagation. Sure, very few ships from the Kotor era may be able to take down it's shields but if they could then it would be very simple to win. Just be a kamikaze.

Also about the convo about wheter nukes are used in star wars, they have been but many of the races believe them to be crude, and underpowered compared to other weapons such as a proton torpedo. (Which was developed in the Kotor era, they are used by the Ravager when it's invading Telos.) I also think during the time of the new republic(After the rebels win against the empire.) they(Nukes, I mean not Proton torpedos.) are outlawed.(I remember reading that in a star wars book a while ago but I am not sure if that is true.)

So, I think the Ravager could defeat the Executer.

Scripting + Harark1 =

Death causes Life and Life causes Death.

And you say Murder isn't natural

This is the url for Ninth heart: http://www.jediquest.webs.com/
harark1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Executor vs. any other ship from the KotOR