lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kansas Church Protests Comic-Con as Idol Worship
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #41
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
@HK-42: Those guys are automatically bad-asses in my book. I also seem to remember that Bill O'Reilly (yes, that one) donated money to a family that was the victim of a Westboro protest.

@Rtas Vadum: For some reason, your quote reminds me of John Lennon's "bigger than Jesus" comment.

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #42
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7 View Post
There will always be someone who says that they have a direct line to a higher power and that if you dont like 'their guy' then you are following a false idol. Its something common to the big 3 religions and beyond.

It's been going on for Millennia, at least...

mtfbwya
Of course. I don't exactly think Religion or faith is, well, a "bad" thing, but it does breed arrogance that amounts to "I know God, and if you refuse to, I don't like you!". I actually had someone pull their car over into a side street to talk to me. And someone who rushed out of the store I'd just been in, giving me one of those small booklets. If I want to believe, I don't need them to do it.

Quote:
@Rtas Vadum: For some reason, your quote reminds me of John Lennon's "bigger than Jesus" comment.
Yeah, get famous enough, and you generally are. If not just as famous as Jesus, that is. Or even Judas, since everyone knows about what went on there.

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #43
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
@HK-42: Those guys are automatically bad-asses in my book. I also seem to remember that Bill O'Reilly (yes, that one) donated money to a family that was the victim of a Westboro protest.
They sure are right in cause for trying to stop these morons for disrespecting someone who put their life on the line for their country.

HK-42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #44
True_Avery
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Religion? No need to generalize.
Generalization or not its still true. What do you think the cross is?
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Kansas Church Protests Comic-Con as Idol Worship