lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Cameo - Republic Commandos to appear in Clone Wars Season 3
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-19-2010, 05:09 AM   #41
RC-3556
Rookie
 
RC-3556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bucks, England
Posts: 96
Current Game: Fallout New Vegas
True, thats why I love TCW episodes like Rookies, because clones are awesome, daring and brave
RC-3556 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #42
Commander Dimal
Rookie
 
Commander Dimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the Star Wars galaxy.
Posts: 181
Current Game: Jedi Outcast
I've looked on the Brothers All forums and I've found that they're taking this a lot better than you guys are, they're actually hoping for it.
Commander Dimal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #43
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader
 
HockeyGoalie35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Connecticut, U.S.A.
Posts: 553
Current Game: DJ Starscream
Veteran Modder Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
hey you're in this with us remember?




Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoalie35 View Post
I wish I had some Combustable Lemons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =purifier View Post
Granted, but you accidently get blown up with that lemony smell and the
Pine-Sol woman appears out of nowhere and says: "That's the power of Pine-Sol, baby. "
HockeyGoalie35 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #44
Hooper
Junior Member
 
Hooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 258
^haha :P



Carbonite Modders Projects
Current Project: ARC Trooper MOD
Current version: BETA v3.1
Hooper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2010, 08:43 PM   #45
Commander Dimal
Rookie
 
Commander Dimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the Star Wars galaxy.
Posts: 181
Current Game: Jedi Outcast
I've seen the Season III trailers on Youtube and I can see that they have vastly improved TCW since Season I.
Commander Dimal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2010, 10:14 PM   #46
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,165
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
This is the last 3min long trailer that came out.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2010, 10:50 PM   #47
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-3556 View Post
Karen Traviss did amazing RC books, some of the best books ive ever read, in fact, the game had a weaker plot than her books.
I dare say that your standards for writing quality are sorely in need of development. And while the video game's story wasn't exactly deep or complex, it was still better than hers, consisting of a standard, basic story for an FPS, with all four of the main characters perfectly interesting and likable without all her shoehorned Mandalorian culture and rape of previously established canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-3556 View Post
And what about Jusik or Etain huh? They were great jedi, and Traviss portrayed that. The Jedi Order then was a lot less agreeable for Jedi like Jusik and Etain than the New Jedi Order set up by Luke.
Etain and Jusik are portrayed as "great Jedi" by Traviss because she has both of them reject the Jedi ways in favor of "superior" Mandalorian training, methods, and "morals". Meanwhile, virtually every single other Jedi in the canon gets smugly lectured at or about on how amoral and hypocritical every single one of them are in contrast to the Mandalorians. And don't even get me started on the idiocy regarding Etain's fate in the Order 66 novel.

Also, unless you're fortunate enough to have not read her books in the Legacy of the Force series, then you should already know that Traviss and her Mandalorian mouthpiece characters despise the New Jedi Order as much as the old, for the same ludicrous manufactured reasons.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2010, 01:26 PM   #48
Commander Dimal
Rookie
 
Commander Dimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the Star Wars galaxy.
Posts: 181
Current Game: Jedi Outcast
In Star Wars I like to look at things from the point of view of both sides instead of just one.
Commander Dimal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #49
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader
 
HockeyGoalie35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Connecticut, U.S.A.
Posts: 553
Current Game: DJ Starscream
Veteran Modder Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
i think the darth maul looking guy is corny though....why re-use the concept?




Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoalie35 View Post
I wish I had some Combustable Lemons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =purifier View Post
Granted, but you accidently get blown up with that lemony smell and the
Pine-Sol woman appears out of nowhere and says: "That's the power of Pine-Sol, baby. "
HockeyGoalie35 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #50
Commander Dimal
Rookie
 
Commander Dimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the Star Wars galaxy.
Posts: 181
Current Game: Jedi Outcast
^Why else? They're LA, they do things like that to make money.
Commander Dimal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #51
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,165
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Guess what, Quinlan Vos will appear in this season too.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2010, 08:08 PM   #52
Commander Dimal
Rookie
 
Commander Dimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the Star Wars galaxy.
Posts: 181
Current Game: Jedi Outcast
Was he in the trailer or did you see him somewhere else? Quinlan Vos, now he's a Jedi worthy of my respect. He is completely different than other Jedi and is above their arrogance.
Commander Dimal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2010, 09:28 AM   #53
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Dimal View Post
In Star Wars I like to look at things from the point of view of both sides instead of just one.
How is that the point of view of more than one side?

Quote:
Quinlan Vos, now he's a Jedi worthy of my respect. He is completely different than other Jedi and is above their arrogance.
Oh, that Quinlan Vos, the one who kept jumping back and forth between being a Jedi and working for Dooku, and repeatedly murdered random people because he thought they might be Darth Sidious. Totally. He lived on the edge and "did what had to be done", and as with all fiction, because he was the guy who went against the established authority figures, he's automatically in the right.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2010, 10:15 AM   #54
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,165
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Dimal View Post
Was he in the trailer or did you see him somewhere else?
Saw it here.

And I agree with TKA-001 regarding Vos, I could care less what the show does with his continuity. It would be one less "badass Mary Sue" character in the Star Wars universe.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #55
Commander Dimal
Rookie
 
Commander Dimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the Star Wars galaxy.
Posts: 181
Current Game: Jedi Outcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
How is that the point of view of more than one side?


Oh, that Quinlan Vos, the one who kept jumping back and forth between being a Jedi and working for Dooku, and repeatedly murdered random people because he thought they might be Darth Sidious. Totally. He lived on the edge and "did what had to be done", and as with all fiction, because he was the guy who went against the established authority figures, he's automatically in the right.
It's not because of what he did when he was evil, but what he did to redeem himself, proving that anyone could receive redemption.
Commander Dimal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2010, 08:13 PM   #56
Hooper
Junior Member
 
Hooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 258
it's amazing how this can lead to this big discussion xD



Carbonite Modders Projects
Current Project: ARC Trooper MOD
Current version: BETA v3.1
Hooper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2010, 12:01 AM   #57
Trench
Guy with Monocle
 
Trench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Under a rock.
Posts: 1,638
Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Quinlan Vos, the Clone Commandos, ARC Troopers, Darth Maul pt. II, yada-yada...
I've stopped caring. I'll check out the episodes for the halibut (what can I say, the fish is persuasive), but, meh.

I hereby declare this thread to be the sovereign property of Beskar Enterprises™ and The Collective™.
All your posts are belong to us.©


[/@thread]


Last edited by Trench; 08-24-2010 at 06:23 AM.
Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2010, 08:28 AM   #58
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader
 
HockeyGoalie35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Connecticut, U.S.A.
Posts: 553
Current Game: DJ Starscream
Veteran Modder Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
Beskar Enterprises™ and The Collective™ are a division of Carbonite Modders™. ©




anyway. me too, im not gonna watch season 3




Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoalie35 View Post
I wish I had some Combustable Lemons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =purifier View Post
Granted, but you accidently get blown up with that lemony smell and the
Pine-Sol woman appears out of nowhere and says: "That's the power of Pine-Sol, baby. "
HockeyGoalie35 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #59
Hooper
Junior Member
 
Hooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 258
were can I see the full episode?? i have to make a opinion of the episode before i can join this tread xD



Carbonite Modders Projects
Current Project: ARC Trooper MOD
Current version: BETA v3.1
Hooper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2010, 03:31 PM   #60
Commander Dimal
Rookie
 
Commander Dimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the Star Wars galaxy.
Posts: 181
Current Game: Jedi Outcast
TCW isn't THAT BAD. They've improved it a lot since Season I. The only reason you guys hate it so much is because you THINK they ruined Mandalorains. All they did was create a new faction. Though the episode Landing at Point Rain would have been cooler if they had added clone commandos. It annoys me how on missions perfect for clone commandos, they just go ahead and use regular clone troopers. Dave Filoni actually went through a lot of trouble to give Delta Squad an appearance. Read this http://tv.ign.com/articles/111/1112278p1.html
Commander Dimal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2010, 06:08 AM   #61
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,165
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
were can I see the full episode?? i have to make a opinion of the episode before i can join this tread xD
You can't. Season 3 hasn't started yet. Only in September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Dimal View Post
TCW isn't THAT BAD.
Haters are going to hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Dimal View Post
Though the episode Landing at Point Rain would have been cooler if they had added clone commandos. It annoys me how on missions perfect for clone commandos, they just go ahead and use regular clone troopers.
Clone Commandos are not meant to fight in big campaigns. I'm glad they didn't use them on LaPR.

Also, here's a video with much better quality:

View page
YouTube Video



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #62
Hooper
Junior Member
 
Hooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 258
Nice (Y)



Carbonite Modders Projects
Current Project: ARC Trooper MOD
Current version: BETA v3.1
Hooper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #63
Commander Dimal
Rookie
 
Commander Dimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the Star Wars galaxy.
Posts: 181
Current Game: Jedi Outcast
I have a feeling that the animal they're talking about is none other than, Durge.
Commander Dimal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #64
RC-3556
Rookie
 
RC-3556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bucks, England
Posts: 96
Current Game: Fallout New Vegas
No, that would be far too clever for Dave Filoni to think of! But whatever anyone says, Quinlain Vos has awesome hair.
RC-3556 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #65
Commander Dimal
Rookie
 
Commander Dimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the Star Wars galaxy.
Posts: 181
Current Game: Jedi Outcast
He looks like Tarzan with that hair.
Commander Dimal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #66
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,165
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Dimal View Post
I have a feeling that the animal they're talking about is none other than, Durge.
It may very well be Maul's brother. It can't be Durge because Bane is "replacing" it on this series. (like, everything they were going to do with Durge, they're now going to do with Cad Bane.)



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #67
Commander Dimal
Rookie
 
Commander Dimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the Star Wars galaxy.
Posts: 181
Current Game: Jedi Outcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
It may very well be Maul's brother. It can't be Durge because Bane is "replacing" it on this series. (like, everything they were going to do with Durge, they're now going to do with Cad Bane.)
My second guess was that it was Savage Opress. Is LA just going to throw away a good character and just replace him with some mediocre one they thought of in probably just 5 minutes? People like Durge because his backstory has been elaborated on and people know what kind of stuff he's been through. If you notice you'd see that Cad Bane's backstory hasn't been shown in much detail, which is what makes a bland character. Durge is also more bad ass than Cad Bane and seeing what he did in the comics, that proves my point. Durge would probably be a better character to use because he's more well known. BTW I did know that they replaced Durge with Cad Bane, I was just hoping they'd give him an appearance too.
Also Durge's backstory was explained in a comic called Prototypes, in case you guys didn't know where I got that information from.
Commander Dimal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #68
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,165
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Dimal View Post
My second guess was that it was Savage Opress. Is LA just going to throw away a good character and just replace him with some mediocre one they thought of in probably just 5 minutes?
What do you mean? They thought of creating a new villain, instead of bringing Durge. Is that so bad? I see many people complaining about their lack of creativity, and now that they've created Cad Bane, people still complain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Dimal View Post
People like Durge because his backstory has been elaborated on and people know what kind of stuff he's been through. If you notice you'd see that Cad Bane's backstory hasn't been shown in much detail, which is what makes a bland character.
Like Boba Fett in the OT. Your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Dimal View Post
Durge is also more bad ass than Cad Bane and seeing what he did in the comics, that proves my point.
What? This is not about being more badass or not, and even so, that point is discussable. Also, that doesn't prove nothing about your point above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Dimal View Post
Durge would probably be a better character to use because he's more well known.
I don't think so. Using a not well known and new character takes away any predictability that everyone might have while watching him, and gives a feeling of wonderness to the character and episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Dimal View Post
BTW I did know that they replaced Durge with Cad Bane, I was just hoping they'd give him an appearance too.
They were going to give him an appearance. But since Cad Bane became a fan favourite, they decided to stick with him. Also, Durge's story has already been told and people would know that he would die sooner or later, so I don't see the point of bringing him back.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2010, 05:52 PM   #69
Commander Dimal
Rookie
 
Commander Dimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the Star Wars galaxy.
Posts: 181
Current Game: Jedi Outcast
Why do all the cool characters in Star Wars always have to die? Just because they're bad guys? The good guys always win in TCW. The Savage Opress character looks pretty cool, but I can bet that in Season III they will make it so he dies or fails his mission in some way, just like Boba Fett and how Grevious is failing repeatedly and probably Cad Bane is next. They create a good character and then disgrace them by making them fail their mission. Seriously, give me one example of when the bad guys have ACTUALLY won in TCW, not counting Hostage Crisis, they purposely made it so they won that time. I hate shows like TCW that are repetitive. Every episode it's the same thing: there's a problem, good guys fight the bad guys, problem solved, they same the day, repeat. They can't just depict the Republic as winning all the time, they were actually losing to the Separatists for most of the war. BTW what's the point of another Clone Wars show? Everyone already knows what happens in Episode III so there's no point in showing what happened up to then.

Last edited by Commander Dimal; 08-23-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Commander Dimal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #70
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,165
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Dimal View Post
Why do all the cool characters in Star Wars always have to die? Just because they're bad guys?
Nahdar Vebb, Ponds and another Jedi and his Admiral (which will die in Season 3) are looking at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Dimal View Post
The good guys always win in TCW. The Savage Opress character looks pretty cool, but I can bet that in Season III they will make it so he dies or fails his mission in some way, just like Boba Fett and how Grevious is failing repeatedly and probably Cad Bane is next. They create a good character and then disgrace them by making them fail their mission. Seriously, give me one example of when the bad guys have ACTUALLY won in TCW, not counting Hostage Crisis, they purposely made it so they won that time.
Shadow of the Malevolence, Cloak of Darkness, Lair of Grievous, Holocron Heist, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Dimal View Post
I hate shows like TCW that are repetitive. Every episode it's the same thing: there's a problem, good guys fight the bad guys, problem solved, they same the day, repeat.
You hate shows like TCW that are "repetitive", however, by your posts I can tell that you have watched every episode until now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Dimal View Post
They can't just depict the Republic as winning all the time, they were actually losing to the Separatists for most of the war. BTW what's the point of another Clone Wars show? Everyone already knows what happens in Episode III so there's no point in showing what happened up to then.
What's the point of the prequels? What's the point of every EU material until ROTJ? This is not about knowing the end, it's about how it ends, why it ends, and what happened until the end. Because I bet despite all we have about the Clone Wars, nobody knew about Yoda in Rugosa, Plo Koon and the Malevolence, Y-wings during the Clone Wars, Kit Fisto dueling Grievous, a Ryloth campaign, Luminara dueling Ventress, Anakin having a padawan, a second Geonosis capaign, Eeth Koth dueling Grievous, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing helping Boba agaisnt Mace, etc, and that it all happened during the Clone Wars.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2010, 08:13 PM   #71
Commander Dimal
Rookie
 
Commander Dimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the Star Wars galaxy.
Posts: 181
Current Game: Jedi Outcast
The good guys actually won in those episodes. What I meant was, do the bad guys actually win in the end, because in those episodes the good guys win at the last minute. Think hard, at the end of the episode did the bad guys really get anywhere with their plan or gain something? It would always seem like the bad guy has a chance at winning and then out of nowhere, at the last minute, something stupid happens that screws up their plan and allows the good guys to win. BTW do you always have to have a negative response to all my comments?
Commander Dimal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2010, 09:41 PM   #72
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,165
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Dimal View Post
The good guys actually won in those episodes. What I meant was, do the bad guys actually win in the end, because in those episodes the good guys win at the last minute.
No they didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Dimal View Post
BTW do you always have to have a negative response to all my comments?
Sorry if I sound negative or agressive. It's just a normal discussion.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2010, 10:37 AM   #73
RC-3556
Rookie
 
RC-3556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bucks, England
Posts: 96
Current Game: Fallout New Vegas
Watching TCW is like reading the end of the book then reading the rest, you know whats going to happen, you are expecting it (anikin and Obi-wan do not die, something happens to ashoka which makes Anikin never speak of her again and the republic win the war). Hang on that's exactly like the original trilogy.
RC-3556 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2010, 04:07 PM   #74
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik
 
Rinku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Modified YT-1930
Posts: 785
Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-3556 View Post
Watching TCW is like reading the end of the book then reading the rest, you know whats going to happen, you are expecting it (anikin and Obi-wan do not die, something happens to ashoka which makes Anikin never speak of her again and the republic win the war).
Well considering this is a reboot directed at a new generation of star wars fans (IMO there are three generations OT, PT, TCW) the creators assume that they don't know that Anakin & Kenobi live and that Ahsoka is not a main character at the end of the CW. We don't know if she dies...she might become a Jedi at the end of the series and leave to go fight on another planet idk. Additionally they could have a main character die and then in a next reveal that someone has the same force resurrecting power that Cade Skywalker has, but that IMO would not be a good idea because I have never heard of anyone else being able to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-3556 View Post
Hang on that's exactly like the original trilogy.
Why the hate towards the OT? (I assume that it is what that was)...I don't know how the OT is like reading the end of a book and then reading the rest...The situation with TCW is more like the PT because it happens before the OT and was released after.





Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2010, 01:56 PM   #75
RC-3556
Rookie
 
RC-3556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bucks, England
Posts: 96
Current Game: Fallout New Vegas
I dont hate the original trilogy, just saying that lucas arts were flogging a dying horse both times(in terms of the public, not hardcore fans). It resurrected it with the OT and its trying to keep it going with TCW, but animation isnt as good in real life, and theyre stretching TCW out over a short time period when lots of EU books were written, and weve already seen they messed up mandolore, what will they bump into and override the EU on next? I never said ashoka would die, just leave the picture and not be mentioned.
RC-3556 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #76
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik
 
Rinku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Modified YT-1930
Posts: 785
Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-3556 View Post
I dont hate the original trilogy, just saying that lucas arts were flogging a dying horse both times(in terms of the public, not hardcore fans). It resurrected it with the OT and its trying to keep it going with TCW, but animation isnt as good in real life, and theyre stretching TCW out over a short time period when lots of EU books were written, and weve already seen they messed up mandolore, what will they bump into and override the EU on next? I never said ashoka would die, just leave the picture and not be mentioned.
I understand that you never said that Ahsoka would die...I was saying that we don't know what will happen and giving two possibilities of how they might "kill off" a character.

Just to get things straight the OT is the original trilogy (ANH, ESB, ROTJ or Ep.4, Ep. 5, Ep. 6) so saying that LA resurrected SW with the OT is incorrect, it would be correct to say they resurrected SW with the PT.

Yes TCW is just a method for revenue. BUT, it is meant to be a reboot, which is why there was a little while between ROTS and TCW the movie (not enough IMO). Therefore it is not supposed to be meant for people like us, it is meant for people/kids who either have no idea what SW is, have just heard about SW (b/c it is part of our culture) through games, pop culture, etc.





Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2010, 04:08 PM   #77
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller
 
GeneralPloKoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 1,532
Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
I'm glad to see the Commandos on TCW! But it is not enough to get me to like the show, I have tried many times. I just ignore it. But hopefully it means more appearance by the Commandos in the future of the Star Wars universe.
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2010, 04:08 PM   #78
RC-3556
Rookie
 
RC-3556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bucks, England
Posts: 96
Current Game: Fallout New Vegas
@Rinku
sorry, mistype on my part, but I totally agree on all of your last point though. Pity theres nothing for hardcore fans in the foreseeable future (e.g tv, films, games, and no good books for the rest of the year except Fate of the Jedi 6 and Red Harvest - hope its as good as death troopers).
RC-3556 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2010, 05:41 PM   #79
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik
 
Rinku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Modified YT-1930
Posts: 785
Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-3556 View Post
@Rinku
sorry, mistype on my part, but I totally agree on all of your last point though. Pity theres nothing for hardcore fans in the foreseeable future (e.g tv, films, games, and no good books for the rest of the year except Fate of the Jedi 6 and Red Harvest - hope its as good as death troopers).
Its ok (Wasn't trying to sound negative or mean was just trying to fuel debate).

Agreed I haven't been that impressed with any book since I read Death Troopers (except for FotJ).





Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2010, 03:39 AM   #80
RC-3556
Rookie
 
RC-3556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bucks, England
Posts: 96
Current Game: Fallout New Vegas
I quite liked crosscurrent actually, good for fans who like the old republic and the NJO as well as the new darth bane book
RC-3556 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RepublicCommando.Net > Community > Absent Without Leave > Cameo - Republic Commandos to appear in Clone Wars Season 3

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.