lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Anyone unlock the vsync in KotOR from 30fps?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-29-2010, 04:39 AM   #1
Master_OrHan
Lurker

Anyone unlock the vsync in KotOR from 30fps?

I really wanted to play this game @ my monitor's native refresh rate of 60fps. The games is locked @ 30fps because it is an Xbox port. When I turn off vsync, there is a lot of screen tearing. I've gotten lots of other games to set @ my monitor's refresh rate for the vsync when they were programmed @ 30fps. I used D3DOverrider or special programs designed for that game specifically. Does anyone have a solution to get this game vsynced @ 60fps on my monitor? I searched Google but can't find anyone anywhere that has. thx all
Master_OrHan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2010, 03:17 AM   #2
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I've never seen anything regarding this subject, myself. I didn't even know that v-sync was locked @30fps. What type of GPU do you have?

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2010, 04:44 AM   #3
Master_OrHan
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Q View Post
I've never seen anything regarding this subject, myself. I didn't even know that v-sync was locked @30fps. What type of GPU do you have?
I have a 2008 HD 48xx, but the GPU is irrelevant. People have had this problem since KotOR came out on PC and I can't find anyone in a Google search that resolved it. When I turn v-sync off, the avg fps is around 90 or so I would say. That means massive screen tearing.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:04 AM   #4
Master_OrHan
Lurker

I got KotOR I to run in vsync @ 60 FPS. I changed my video card from HD 4850 to GTX 470 and I am using the latest nVidia drivers. Also playing on a larger screen now. The newer nVidia card must have opened up the framerate lock. If anyone else wants this game to run in vsync @ their monitors refresh rate, try one of the newer nVidia cards and the latest drivers. The polygons and characters look so awesome with 32x AA!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > The Work Bench > Anyone unlock the vsync in KotOR from 30fps?