lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #1401
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Current Game: The Old Republic
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker View Post
I think they can buy their own country, seeing as Cataclysm is about to go live and the new Diablo is on it's way....I think they'll buy Lapland and call it Northrend or something. Or laser 'Blizzard' into the moon....
Think even bigger: buying EA.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #1402
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
That's the worst possible thing to happen. EA's their biggest competition. If Activision Blizzard buys EA, then they will have a larger monopoly on the gaming franchise.

If that happens I am expecting games are going to be 90% less content and 20% more expensive, until either a big video gaming crash or another big publisher rolls out in several years

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #1403
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
Oh, that would be classy....and so wrong.
Arthas as unlock able player in Fifa 2012, Frostmourne as melee weapon in the new MOH. Actually, that could be quite cool.

Wait. it's activision. We'd probably have to pay for it.
Is Bobby Kottick not an anagram for Scrooge McDuck?

EDIT: Holy crap. I googled Kottick and Scrooge and actually got this.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #1404
Jango-wan
Lurker

I really hope this isn't just a false hope. I really want another Kotor game to be released. One and two were awesome.
Jango-wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #1405
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Huh? What hope are you talking about?

There will be no KotOR 3 because of that MMO abomination, and this thread should have been locked ages ago.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2010, 10:09 PM   #1406
Seikan

Yeah... There won't be any Kotor three, like Evil Q said, "because of that MMO abomination" x)

And since they have a sort of Revan tomb, and a suspucious shadow that some think is a rebirth revan, so... It crush even more any hope some people could have about K3...

Last mod:
-Seikan's Armors Of The Old Republic:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...74#post2738274
Seikan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2010, 04:30 AM   #1407
truJedi
Rookie

crying and dying on the inside ^^^^

... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #1408
Prime
Super Dimension Fortress

Current Game: Skyrim
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I think Bioware has already said that the ideas they would have had for K3 are already in TOR.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2010, 03:06 PM   #1409
Raven 16
Rookie

Current Game: fable 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
I think Bioware has already said that the ideas they would have had for K3 are already in TOR.
i dont think it will be quite the same though....

There's no easy way out... there's no short cut home...
Raven 16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2010, 04:25 AM   #1410
GODKING
Rookie

Current Game: Planeshift
I read a while back about a KOTOR 3 coming out and that was released in 2008 and they havent said anything since, but like Evil and others have said if this mmo comes out than there is no KOTOR 3 in the near future. I would say that if the mmo comes out there wont ever be a KOTOR 3 because they will just keep trying to make the mmo better. I say if they do release it everyone should just not play it and when they see no one is playing it they might come to their sense and make a KOTOR 3

GODKING is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2010, 10:44 PM   #1411
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
That's more or less what some have thought of. I know I'm probably not going to take it seriously. Part of me really wants to tangle with some of them characters but at the sa,e time all I think most people give half a flip about is what happened to Revan... (as if none of us could guess but perhaps a little confirmation is nice).

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #1412
Ploo Koon
Lurker

It is the year 2011 so far no new Knights of the Old Republic III. The TOR game that Bioware came up with isn't the same. I was looking for if not the same characters then perhaps the same old good Ebon Hawk.
My believe is sadly this we will never know truly what happened to Revan after the first game came out in 2003. An we again will never learn about what happened to the Exil and the group on the Ebon Hawk.
It be sweet to be playing a star wars game and come across the ship though. In a archive something about those that have helped to save the republic.
Ploo Koon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2011, 05:12 PM   #1413
Latios6222
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor 1
From what i have seen on the site, there is a great grandaughter to Bastila, there is possibly the Onasis, HK-47 is in it, You get to create your own ship, You get to create your team, etc. From what I have read from a lot of Kotor stuff, and knowing that Revan was a sith lord he relearned all of his old powers, went to defeat the Sith Emperor, was defeated, went into hiding, put HK as a Guardian, and He went into a Sith Coma State which may have allowed him to live for a very long time. He was considered to be the most powerful jedi/sith next to Darth Vader and Galen Marek/Starkiller.
Latios6222 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #1414
.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
There is a trailer for TOR that shows something about Revan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzR4uwTcL8o
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #1415
Primogen

Current Game: The Witcher
Hrm. That's interesting. They might actually make Revan an actual character instead of a blank slate.

The Crown of Albion, an Arthurian Mythology RP
Dark Age of the Republic, a Star Wars RP
Primogen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #1416
Jamps

I don't know if I'm happy about this. I really would have hoped Revan's character arc didn't end with a side quest to a game that takes place 300 years after the fact.
Jamps is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #1417
Primogen

Current Game: The Witcher
Revan's character arc should have ended with KotoR - he's a hero. The Sith are beaten. Hurray. Cut to credits. Hell, it -did-, Obsidian just couldn't leave well enough alone.

The Crown of Albion, an Arthurian Mythology RP
Dark Age of the Republic, a Star Wars RP
Primogen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #1418
SITH LORD 872

Current Game: KOTOR 1
I think it would be fun to play a new game, But it's time to let Revan rest in peace, Base it around a new idea!!

SITH LORD 872 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #1419
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primogen View Post
Hrm. That's interesting. They might actually make Revan an actual character instead of a blank slate.
While this is all old news, I would expect the sun to burn out before Revan is ever made an even slightly compelling character in the canon.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #1420
Hiroyama1526
Lurker

I seriously think that if they use the newer visual engines, adaptations of previous gaming mechanisms, and just accept input from more reknown 'critics' then I think that their work on KotOR would be more successful then just coming out with a surprise. They dropped the game development years ago because of an economic slump that hit them hard, but they've had all these Force Unleashed and Lego games, working hard on this KotOR when they have a chance would seriously earn the respect and business of previous gamers that are more RPG focused. The third game really has a big door open, with a lot of wiggle room from the setup from the 1st and 2nd game. They have so much they could do to the game, and I'm sure they could accomplish a big feat by really knocking it out of the park with this one. For how anticipated it was and how ^ diligent it's fanbase is, I truly believe it's still not too late for the game production to start up, since they already had characters and plots developed with pen and paper. Just going back and revising what they have, maybe even throwing in more since the consoles can deal with a lot more than they had previously designed the game for, a third game, if and when it came out, would definitely remove that 'economic slump' excuse they used on us once. Agreed?
Hiroyama1526 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #1421
Codeluke
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR
Sadly, I doubt that anyone, whether it be Bioware or Obsidian, would produce KotOR III. SWTOR already seems to fill that void. Although I would love to see a KotOR III produced because I love the KOTOR format and interface. SWTOR has nice graphics and things but IMO, nothing compares to the good ol' Bioware-style KotOR. I'm looking forward to the completion of the TCM Revenge of Revan for TSL. After playing through the mod, I feel as if that will be the closest to KotOR III as can be.
Codeluke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #1422
Scorge
Jedi Master

Current Game: SWTOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeluke View Post
Sadly, I doubt that anyone, whether it be Bioware or Obsidian, would produce KotOR III. SWTOR already seems to fill that void. Although I would love to see a KotOR III produced because I love the KOTOR format and interface. SWTOR has nice graphics and things but IMO, nothing compares to the good ol' Bioware-style KotOR. I'm looking forward to the completion of the TCM Revenge of Revan for TSL. After playing through the mod, I feel as if that will be the closest to KotOR III as can be.
That's why many of us are making Story and Total conversions, to expand on Kotor 1 - 2. Each of these mods are thought as Kotor 3 +.

Formally MrObiWan

If you need help with textures on any KotOR/TSL mod, feel free to contact me.

Scorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #1423
Codeluke
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorge View Post
That's why many of us are making Story and Total conversions, to expand on Kotor 1 - 2. Each of these mods are thought as Kotor 3 +.
Yes I see that. I wish I was gifted in the modding aspect to create one myself but all I can do is think of possible storylines for new variations of the game haha. I really hope logan23 and his team are still working on Revenge of Revan because I really think they have the best shot of producing a "KotOR III".

EDIT: Thank you for the warm welcome as well

Last edited by Codeluke; 08-12-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #1424
Circa
Rookie

I wish Bethesda would make a Skyrim-esque KOTOR game.

Circa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #1425
Codeluke
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by master_ibonek View Post
I wish Bethesda would make a Skyrim-esque KOTOR game.
Now that would be incredibly interesting!
Old 04-03-2014, 05:18 PM   #1426
Darth Argost
Lurker

If they placed it around 5 years after the events of KOTOR 2 they could have you play the rebirth of the jedi order, the one problem is finding a galactic threat.
Darth Argost is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #1427
Ross_R
Lurker

As much as I'd like to see KOTOR III, I'd also like to have emulator for TOR to setup my own server and play a nice single player... It has good enough story, I think, but I just can't bear online gameplay.
Ross_R is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)