lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kotor won't install only un-install
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-07-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
Indieboi918
Lurker

Kotor won't install only un-install

So i've decided to go back to the Kotor games and record some let's plays for youtube. I installed Kotor 1 but had some issues getting the sound to record, which I have now fixed.

But at some point I decided to un-install the game to see if that would fix my problems, so I did. At first when I clicked on un-install it tried to re-install the game, this confused me but eventually it decided to un-install.

Now whenever I either use the autorun and click Install or run the setup straight from the disc. It goes to an un-install interface even though the game is no longer installed on my machine.

The only reason I can think of is that perhaps some registry entries are still present and tricking my pc into thinking the game is still there.

System Specs:
Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz
Sapphire HD 5850
4GB DDR2 RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium

I know it is not a compatibility issue as it was running fine before the un-install, even without using XP compatibility mode.

Thanks,
Steve

SOLVED: After a quick search through the forums (which admittedly I should have done first) I found my fix, as I suspected there were registry items sremaining which i had to get rid of. I downloaded Revo Uninstaller from Here which completely removed the game, and I am now re-installing it with no problems

Last edited by Indieboi918; 10-07-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Indieboi918 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > The Work Bench > Kotor won't install only un-install