lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Will never see another dime from this PC user.
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-27-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
Madashell
Lurker
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2
Will never see another dime from this PC user.

After farce unleashed and the horrible job you all did on it, I figured I would give you bastards another try thinking "They can't **** it up twice", well color me an idiot I was dead wrong.

Seriously, I have a Radeon 5870, an i7, 12 gigs of ram and windows 7. Yet even when I set the game on 800X600 and EVERYTHING turned off the game runs at 5fps. And just to check I loaded it up on another computer in the house which has 2 8800GT's in it and turned everything to max and it ran fine. So I loaded it up on another computer in the house that has 2 460's in it and it ran perfectly maxed out at 1080p.

I literally just updated my ATI drivers yesterday, so I know that's not the problem.

But those computers aren't "my" computers, they are roommate's computers which I can't sit there and play on for hours on. So tell me what the hell you bastards made me waste $50 on this pile of crap for again? FIX IT NOW!

Yes I'm cursing, and yes I'm pissed because I just want to play the stupid game I bought on MY computer!
Madashell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #2
Astor
It's Thornhill!
 
Astor's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 3,632
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madashell View Post
After farce unleashed and the horrible job you all did on it, I figured I would give you bastards another try thinking "They can't **** it up twice", well color me an idiot I was dead wrong.

Seriously, I have a Radeon 5870, an i7, 12 gigs of ram and windows 7. Yet even when I set the game on 800X600 and EVERYTHING turned off the game runs at 5fps. And just to check I loaded it up on another computer in the house which has 2 8800GT's in it and turned everything to max and it ran fine. So I loaded it up on another computer in the house that has 2 460's in it and it ran perfectly maxed out at 1080p.

I literally just updated my ATI drivers yesterday, so I know that's not the problem.

But those computers aren't "my" computers, they are roommate's computers which I can't sit there and play on for hours on. So tell me what the hell you bastards made me waste $50 on this pile of crap for again? FIX IT NOW!

Yes I'm cursing, and yes I'm pissed because I just want to play the stupid game I bought on MY computer!
I'm very sorry you've had a bad experience, but we (LucasForums, that is) aren't responsible for the game - we are just a fan site.

If you want to register your disgust with LucasArts and those responsible, you can go here.






Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,351
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
And people wonder why consoles have become so popular...

Prime is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
Madashell
Lurker
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2
Oops, I originally went to that page and it looked so bad for a forum I thought it was a poorly done fan site... haha... well... I feel dumb now...

Plus side, you guys look more legit than they do x.x

Also Prime

Consoles are popular because companies like ~snipped~

Moderator note [10-27-2010 02:06 PM]

Please review the rules. Expletives and name-calling isn't allowed here. Keep the language civil, please, so our community stays civil. Thank you.


Last edited by Jae Onasi; 10-27-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Madashell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2010, 01:15 PM   #5
arathad
Lurker
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madashell View Post
Oops, I originally went to that page and it looked so bad for a forum I thought it was a poorly done fan site... haha... well... I feel dumb now...

Plus side, you guys look more legit than they do x.x

Also Prime

Consoles are popular because companies like ~snipped~
Something must be wrong with your PC man, Ive got AMD/ATI combo and it runs perfectly fine. ( Phenom II x4 965 @ 3,42 ghz , Ati HD4870)

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 10-27-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: removed expletives and negative language from quote
arathad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
Zwier Zak
Junior Member
 
Zwier Zak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Poland
Posts: 254
I think it's pretty safe to say that Aspyr f****d up once again.
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #7
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
 
Jae Onasi's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,912
Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Keep the language clean, folks. You can express your extreme discontent with the game without resorting to foul language. Thanks.


From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #8
deesnyder
Rookie
 
deesnyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 114
Current Game: COD Black ops
it runs great on my sig pc..


Any idiot can get an airplane off the ground, but an aviator earns his keep by bringing it back anytime, anywhere, under any circumstances that man and God can dream up.

Walter Cunningham, 'The All-American Boys,' 1977


Gaming Config:

512mb geforce 9800GT clocked @ 666, 1674, 1145
2GB DDR2 RAM clocked @ 496 on 2.15v VDIMM
AMD Athlon 2 x4 635 2.9ghz clocked @ 3.6ghz on cooler master hyper tx3
vcore = 1.410v
35c idle and 50c full load(no push pull config)
deesnyder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2010, 06:45 PM   #9
MajinMikeyX
Rookie
 
MajinMikeyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 247
Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madashell View Post
After farce unleashed and the horrible job you all did on it, I figured I would give you bastards another try thinking "They can't **** it up twice", well color me an idiot I was dead wrong.

Seriously, I have a Radeon 5870, an i7, 12 gigs of ram and windows 7. Yet even when I set the game on 800X600 and EVERYTHING turned off the game runs at 5fps. And just to check I loaded it up on another computer in the house which has 2 8800GT's in it and turned everything to max and it ran fine. So I loaded it up on another computer in the house that has 2 460's in it and it ran perfectly maxed out at 1080p.

I literally just updated my ATI drivers yesterday, so I know that's not the problem.

But those computers aren't "my" computers, they are roommate's computers which I can't sit there and play on for hours on. So tell me what the hell you bastards made me waste $50 on this pile of crap for again? FIX IT NOW!

Yes I'm cursing, and yes I'm pissed because I just want to play the stupid game I bought on MY computer!
Well, if you have the money for a fancy computer, then you must have the money to get an Xbox360 or PS3, so get one and play the game how it was meant to be played. Don't judge the game based on a Not-Very-Good port.
Same thing with people saying that the graphics are choppy and whatnot, my point applies for that problem too. IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT for getting the game for PC instead of the consoles even though TFU1's PC port was poorly done and the same company was doing TFU2's port.


"All too easy."
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #10
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck
 
Qui-Gon Glenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Thessia
Posts: 1,465
Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
Well, if you have the money for a fancy computer, then you must have the money to get an Xbox360 or PS3, so get one and play the game how it was meant to be played. Don't judge the game based on a Not-Very-Good port.
Same thing with people saying that the graphics are choppy and whatnot, my point applies for that problem too. IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT for getting the game for PC instead of the consoles even though TFU1's PC port was poorly done and the same company was doing TFU2's port.
This. Perfect.

I have a fancy computer and a PS3, aren't I special. I choose, according to how the game was developed, which version of the game I will buy. Generally, I buy the OG version, not the port. Limits my choices as a PC gamer, but what can we do? I have the money (barely) to have a fancy computer, to upgrade and maintain it. Many people do not, and thus the conundrum of PC gaming that we all have heard and discussed and puked over again and again - it is not a level playing field, where the consoles are identical.

Eventually, technology being on the curve it is, GPU's will be absorbed into the mainboard or even the CPU (yes I know thats been going on for years, just not *well*), all computers will have excellent graphics because they should, and then the PC market will be revitalized. Oooooooo, the future can look delicious.

In the now, try to think critically about what you are doing, what you are buying, what is going on. It by no means guarantees happiness, but leaves you with a little less buyer's remorse.


Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2010, 05:04 AM   #11
Ham Yoyo
 
Ham Yoyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Macon, GA USA
Posts: 478
I bought my Xbox 360 in 2006 and I haven't upgraded my PC since. I buy all new games for the 360. I play them sitting in my recliner with my feet up, with my wireless gamepad, on my 50 inch Panasonic Plasma HDTV. My PC is 7 years old and I use it for internet surfing and playing old games. Its great not having to spend hundreds upgrading your PC when a new game comes out you want to play.


My dream, to watch Imperial ships explode in my gunsights.
Ham Yoyo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2010, 07:55 PM   #12
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
 
Jae Onasi's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,912
Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
Same thing with people saying that the graphics are choppy and whatnot, my point applies for that problem too. IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT for getting the game for PC instead of the consoles even though TFU1's PC port was poorly done and the same company was doing TFU2's port.
No--it's the company's fault for doing a crappy port. Let's put the blame where the blame belongs. When we PC users buy a game, we expect it to work properly if we meet the minimum recommendations listed on the package. The company that did the port did not live up to their claims.

Some of us prefer to game on our PCs--working with a keyboard is much easier for me than a controller, and I can bind keys the way I want them, not the way the Xbox requires.


From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #13
Sordid Dreams
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
No--it's the company's fault for doing a crappy port. Let's put the blame where the blame belongs. When we PC users buy a game, we expect it to work properly if we meet the minimum recommendations listed on the package. The company that did the port did not live up to their claims.

Some of us prefer to game on our PCs--working with a keyboard is much easier for me than a controller, and I can bind keys the way I want them, not the way the Xbox requires.
Yes, this.
And what was that nonsense about playing the game the way it was meant to be played? Well if TFU2 wasn't meant to be played on the PC, then what is it doing here? They made a PC port of it (and I don't much care who "they" are, either - it's an official port and that's enough), so clearly they meant it to be played on the PC as well. It's entirely reasonable to expect the PC version to work just as well as the console versions.
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2010, 11:59 AM   #14
iamnuff
Lurker
 
iamnuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5
get a xbox.


xbox and ps3 are MADE for games, so they play games better than a pc (made for LOTS of other things)


i have a pc (duh, i am on the internet right now.) but i play my games on my xbox 360, because its just better at playing games.

tl;dr?


TFU is a great game, the second one is even better, the game works fine, your problems are with the machine playing it. go get a games console and quit whining
iamnuff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #15
Zerimar Nyliram
Senior Member
 
Zerimar Nyliram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Posts: 1,449
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
Well, if you have the money for a fancy computer, then you must have the money to get an Xbox360 or PS3, so get one and play the game how it was meant to be played. Don't judge the game based on a Not-Very-Good port.
Same thing with people saying that the graphics are choppy and whatnot, my point applies for that problem too. IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT for getting the game for PC instead of the consoles even though TFU1's PC port was poorly done and the same company was doing TFU2's port.
Ah. Finally found the quote I reference in another thread and got yelled at for it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #16
Sordid Dreams
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 164
Well it's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard anyone say, so thanks a bunch for calling attention to it.
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #17
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,170
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
Well it's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard anyone say, so thanks a bunch for calling attention to it.
I have to agree.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2010, 05:44 AM   #18
MajinMikeyX
Rookie
 
MajinMikeyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 247
Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
Well it's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard anyone say, so thanks a bunch for calling attention to it.
What I meant to say when I posted is that, when the PC port for TFU1 came out, people complained. It was a poorly made port of the console versions. The game was developed on the consoles for the consoles, so that's what I meant by "playing it how it was meant to be played", which is going a little too far. My main point was that when PC users look at the label of TFU2 and see that Aspyr ported a PC version like they did with TFU1, most people would be cautious, maybe not enough to not get the game, but to expect the worst, to expect what they got with TFU1. The game was mainly marketed as a 360 and PS3 game. Just look at the Collector's Editions and the DLC. That stuff wasn't for the other editions. Maybe not a valid excuse for why the port of the game was bad and that it was meant for the consoles, but it IS and WAS marketed mainly for 360 and PS3 users, for TFU1 and now TFU2.

I agree what I said before was poorly written in terms of explanation and was more of an attack to PC users, but shame on you Sordid Dreams to say it's one of the stupidest things you've ever heard. You always tried to state in the past that "it's a FACT that TFU2 is a horrible game...blah blah blah.." It's pretty stupid to state something as fact for a subject that's purely based on opinion. There's no "it's my opinion that it's a fact." There's two sides, opinion, or fact.


"All too easy."
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2010, 06:34 AM   #19
starkiller1157
Rookie
 
starkiller1157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
The game was developed on the consoles for the consoles, so that's what I meant by "playing it how it was meant to be played"
They they shouldn't even bother releasing a PC version! Either make it work well enough to run on the PC or at least get your money back if it doesn't run on your computer.


"I've got a bad feeling about this!"
starkiller1157 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2010, 07:58 AM   #20
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader
 
HockeyGoalie35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Connecticut, U.S.A.
Posts: 553
Current Game: DJ Starscream
Veteran Modder Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
Yea, but then people go, WHAY WASN'T IT ON PC?!?! if the first one was. Kind of like the Halo franchise




Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoalie35 View Post
I wish I had some Combustable Lemons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =purifier View Post
Granted, but you accidently get blown up with that lemony smell and the
Pine-Sol woman appears out of nowhere and says: "That's the power of Pine-Sol, baby. "
HockeyGoalie35 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2010, 09:09 AM   #21
starkiller1157
Rookie
 
starkiller1157's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoalie35 View Post
Yea, but then people go, WHAY WASN'T IT ON PC?!?! if the first one was. Kind of like the Halo franchise
Then the developers can explain, if we put it on PC it will be crap, it won't always work and you'll waste your money for nothing, which is what it comes down to, its a job and most of them think only about "getting paid".


"I've got a bad feeling about this!"
starkiller1157 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #22
Sordid Dreams
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
Just look at the Collector's Editions and the DLC. That stuff wasn't for the other editions.
Wrong. The PC version included all the DLCs.

Quote:
Maybe not a valid excuse for why the port of the game was bad and that it was meant for the consoles, but it IS and WAS marketed mainly for 360 and PS3 users, for TFU1 and now TFU2.
So? I still don't see how it's unreasonable to expect the PC version to be of equal quality. Quite the contrary, actually. I might not be surprised for an unknown game from a small indie developer to be ported poorly, but a hyped triple-A title from a publisher as large as LA I would fully expect to be ported properly.

Quote:
You always tried to state in the past that "it's a FACT that TFU2 is a horrible game...blah blah blah.."
Quote me where I said that, I dare you.
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2010, 01:49 PM   #23
Zwier Zak
Junior Member
 
Zwier Zak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Poland
Posts: 254
If a game is released for the PC it clearly should be a fully functional product. No one cares if any of you guys think we should all have Xboxes and Ps3's. I am never getting one and when I buy a game for the PC I expect it to work the way it should. If it dosen't someone did a bad job.
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2010, 05:41 PM   #24
MajinMikeyX
Rookie
 
MajinMikeyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 247
Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
Wrong. The PC version included all the DLCs.


So? I still don't see how it's unreasonable to expect the PC version to be of equal quality. Quite the contrary, actually. I might not be surprised for an unknown game from a small indie developer to be ported poorly, but a hyped triple-A title from a publisher as large as LA I would fully expect to be ported properly.


Quote me where I said that, I dare you.
1) Yeah, the PC version did include the DLC...for hackers. It wasn't an advertised thing. The Endor DLC was marketed as a product for he 360 and PS3.

2) Yeah, I would expect the same thing, BUT it wasn't ported by LA. It was ported by Asypr. LA handed over the materials for them to port it, and after what Aspyr did with TFU1, most would be wary of what they would possibly do with TFU2. I mean, yeah we should expect it to be quality and have no problems, that's how it should be, but not in some cases. It's like you let someone borrow your car, then they crash it. Same person wants to borrow your car again, you're gonna be hesitant to let him borrow your car right? That's what Aspyr did with TFU1, they took it and basically crashed it, then it was their job to do TFU2, most people would be like "oh god they better not mess this one up like last time, I might have to hold off on buying it until I hear about the bugs in it." Most people aren't gonna be like, "Oh boy, they really messed up last time but I believe that they are going to do a fantastic job and not mess up at all."

3) You know what, it was my mistake here, and I apologize. I was pretty tired by the time I got to that part and got you confused with I believe was deesnyder who said that. I'm like Marty McFly when you call him a chicken when someone says, "I dare you" to me, so I was searching and then found that it wasn't you who said it.


"All too easy."
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2010, 07:31 PM   #25
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,170
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
2) Yeah, I would expect the same thing, BUT it wasn't ported by LA. It was ported by Asypr.
Irrelevant. In fact, the port was made by both LucasArts and Aspyr, that's why the tech support is in LucasArts hands now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
LA handed over the materials for them to port it, and after what Aspyr did with TFU1, most would be wary of what they would possibly do with TFU2. I mean, yeah we should expect it to be quality and have no problems, that's how it should be, but not in some cases.
There's a difference between a bad port and a bad game. TFU was a bad port due to the lack of optimization, which doesn't mean it's a worse version than the consoles. On TFU2, there was indeed a difference, both in graphics and glitches. The PC is one of the plataforms where the game was meant to be played. If that doesn't happen, it's LucasArts fault, not the costumer.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2010, 10:42 PM   #26
MajinMikeyX
Rookie
 
MajinMikeyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 247
Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Irrelevant. In fact, the port was made by both LucasArts and Aspyr, that's why the tech support is in LucasArts hands now.



There's a difference between a bad port and a bad game. TFU was a bad port due to the lack of optimization, which doesn't mean it's a worse version than the consoles. On TFU2, there was indeed a difference, both in graphics and glitches. The PC is one of the plataforms where the game was meant to be played. If that doesn't happen, it's LucasArts fault, not the costumer.
Ah, did not know that. You sure did your research.

The development process for the consoles and PC version were different. The consoles were made strictly by Lucasarts, but the PC was done by Aspyr, with LA overseeing its development, just as they did with the Wii version, they oversaw its development. That would generally make the versions that weren't LA's main focus the "side-projects" for lack of a better description.

The following information may be irrelevant to some, but here's a case where it WOULD be the customer's fault. Alright, saw someone has a PC, and a 360/PS3. TFU2 comes out. They know the risk involved with getting the PC version that it may not be compatible with their specs, but it's a 100% guarantee that it will work on their 360/PS3. So when the day comes when they must decide which one to get, they get the PC version. They come home to realize that it doesn't work with their PC. In general, without listing the possible circumstances that may be missing from the description of this case, I'd say it's the customer's fault.

My question to you all...why did this thread/argument get revived?


"All too easy."
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2010, 05:27 AM   #27
Alexrd
Senior Member
 
Alexrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,170
Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
The development process for the consoles and PC version were different. The consoles were made strictly by Lucasarts, but the PC was done by Aspyr, with LA overseeing its development, just as they did with the Wii version, they oversaw its development. That would generally make the versions that weren't LA's main focus the "side-projects" for lack of a better description.
No. As I said, it was made by both. It was LucasArts who released the latest patch, not Aspyr. It's LucasArts who has the tech support, not Aspyr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
The following information may be irrelevant to some, but here's a case where it WOULD be the customer's fault. Alright, saw someone has a PC, and a 360/PS3. TFU2 comes out. They know the risk involved with getting the PC version that it may not be compatible with their specs, but it's a 100% guarantee that it will work on their 360/PS3.
No, they don't. The box shows the system requirements, as the consoles do too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
So when the day comes when they must decide which one to get, they get the PC version. They come home to realize that it doesn't work with their PC. In general, without listing the possible circumstances that may be missing from the description of this case, I'd say it's the customer's fault.
What? How? If information is missing from the description, it's the company's fault, not the costumer's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
My question to you all...why did this thread/argument get revived?
Because someone used your fallacy as an argument on some other thread.



Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2010, 09:36 AM   #28
Sordid Dreams
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
1) Yeah, the PC version did include the DLC...for hackers. It wasn't an advertised thing. The Endor DLC was marketed as a product for he 360 and PS3.
Oh, I thought you were talking about TFU1. As for TFU2, LA doesn't seem quite finished with it yet, maybe they'll enable the DLCs or release a special edition of this one for the PC as well. We'll see.

Quote:
Yeah, I would expect the same thing, BUT it wasn't ported by LA. It was ported by Asypr.
That's why I said publisher, not developer.

Quote:
LA handed over the materials for them to port it, and after what Aspyr did with TFU1, most would be wary of what they would possibly do with TFU2. I mean, yeah we should expect it to be quality and have no problems, that's how it should be, but not in some cases. It's like you let someone borrow your car, then they crash it. Same person wants to borrow your car again, you're gonna be hesitant to let him borrow your car right? That's what Aspyr did with TFU1, they took it and basically crashed it, then it was their job to do TFU2, most people would be like "oh god they better not mess this one up like last time, I might have to hold off on buying it until I hear about the bugs in it." Most people aren't gonna be like, "Oh boy, they really messed up last time but I believe that they are going to do a fantastic job and not mess up at all."
Two points about this: Firstly, I actually didn't find the port of TFU1 all that terrble, since I only got to play it on a completely new computer powerful enough that the non-existent optimization and bloated install size weren't an issue. Yes, it crashes once in a while, but so what? So do Oblivion, Fallout, Crysis, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and a whole bunch of other excellent and/or critically acclaimed games. PC games crash, that's just how it is.
Secondly, IIRC we were assured by LA that the first game's fiasco would not be repeated. Since they're the publisher and therefore ultimately responsible for the finished product, I kinda believed them. Maybe that was naive of me.

Quote:
You know what, it was my mistake here, and I apologize. I was pretty tired by the time I got to that part and got you confused with I believe was deesnyder who said that. I'm like Marty McFly when you call him a chicken when someone says, "I dare you" to me, so I was searching and then found that it wasn't you who said it.
Yeah, I'm pretty anal about wording stuff right, especially when it comes to claiming something as fact that I damn well know to be a matter of opinion. That's just asking to be ripped a new one. No hard feelings, eh?
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #29
Kurgan
Headhunter
 
Kurgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1997
Location: The Dawn of Time
Posts: 18,322
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
I feel your pain.

Both TFU:USE and TFU2 ran like molasses on my 2011 system the first time I ran them, even with the latest patches, regardless of my settings. Updating my graphics card drivers did nothing. A couple of restarts of windows later, they magically ran great (well in the case of TFU2 I DID have to do something special.... create a shortcut and add -variableTimesteps to it, I also use the 60 FPS unlocker).

So I was upset at first, but then the problem more or less fixed itself (again, except in the latter case a tweak was required). Now I have no complaints about the technical issues, though once in a great while both games will crash out to the desktop seemingly for no reason (thankfully autosave prevents me from losing too much progress).

Go figure.

Having played a bit of the Wii version (of TFU1), it seems like a rather different game, though obviously based on a similar core, and downgraded to account for the weaker specs. With TFU2 it seems like a little bit of extra care was taken with regard to PC gamers, but at the end of the day both games are basically just a dump of the Xbox360 version. The only advantage we have over consoles is that we are less limited in our controller options, have potentially shorter load times and can access the few limited mods that are out there. PC games have greater potential, but they're obviously just giving out the PC versions as an afterthought. They hope to make their real money on the major consoles. It sucks, but I understand why they do it and I'll take straight ports over nothing.


Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)


"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2012, 03:05 AM   #30
Futher
Rookie
 
Futher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 11
Meh, I love flinging enemies and blasting them with lightning too much to hate Aspry for:

Not spelling their name as "Aspire"
Glitchy performance on intro movies
Arena-Boss Fights -that's LA

I really wanted 2 lightsabers like Outcast

Last edited by Futher; 02-10-2012 at 10:46 PM. Reason: More **** to talk
Futher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > Will never see another dime from this PC user.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.