lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: The Force Unleashed 2
Woo! 83 46.89%
Boo! 39 22.03%
wut 55 31.07%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: The Force Unleashed 2
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-20-2010, 12:55 AM   #41
Sir Phobos
Rookie

Two questions:

1. Can you saber duel or is it just flashy force stuff?
2. Can you play online.

Those two factors will decide whether I buy it.
Sir Phobos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2010, 10:29 PM   #42
Kr1ffing_Br1lliant
Rookie

From what I saw, it would have been better as a patch... The powers were cool, and the combat with dismemberment was interesting. It's just a pity that the plot was left to dry out. Just from the gameplay footage I saw at Gametrailers.com, I could see that the writing was derivative at best and hackneyed at worst.

I also heard that Boba got a bit part.
Kr1ffing_Br1lliant is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #43
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Phobos View Post
Two questions:

1. Can you saber duel or is it just flashy force stuff?
2. Can you play online.

Those two factors will decide whether I buy it.
From what I've seen, the saber fighting is no more complex than before... just hack and slash and a lot of automatic combo stuff. I don't know how it plays out necessarily with the AI, apart from QTE sequences at times. Videos make it look like you just keep hacking away at the person's body until they run out of health and die.

As for online play, well, as with the first Force Unleashed, only the Wii has any "multiplayer" options. In the first one (on the Wii only) it was 1 on 1 saber dueling, with the style of gameplay the same as SP. You pick up power ups, pick up objects with the force and throw them and hack and blast each other with your force powers and saber until somebody dies, best 2 out of 3 or whatever.

In FU2, on the Wii, you can play with up to 4 people in a fight to the death, but it's a 2D style game, reminiscent of Super Smash Bros. not at all like single player. I don't think there's any clashing mechanics there either, it's just hack the person until they run out of health and die. Most points wins or elimination, or however it is handled.

As for whether you can do any of that online, I don't know.

But there's nothing resembling a Coop mode, or an interesting saber combat system that would make for duels as memorable as in the JK series even.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > LucasForums Poll > The Force Unleashed 2