Thread: Friday Update: Timeline Update ? Rebirth of the Sith Empire
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
News
starwarsmmo.net newsfeed

Lightbulb Friday Update: Timeline Update ? Rebirth of the Sith Empire

This Friday the main update is a new entry to the holorecord timeline narrated once again by Master Gnost-Dural. Today’s update is of particular interest to lore buffs because we finally learn more about the Sith Purebloods and a rare glimpse into the foundation of the new (old?) Sith Empire. Quote from BioWare (Source) In [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...
News is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Pretty awesome update! My only gripe is the continued effort to make this era indistinct from the era of the movies, thus detaching it from its more unique KOTOR roots. It is surely no accident that the Dark Council member that Viken is shown speaking to wears a red robe that is completely identical to Palpatine's robe in Revenge of the Sith.

Looking forward to the Great Hyperspace War.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
And so we have it... the advent of the star destroyer. A prototype.

The grand moff Odiel Viken: This guy, I cannot help but question if he wasn't perhaps inspired by German nazis of Hitler. I don't have much to go off of to support this, unfortunately.

*Killed* a Terenatek? Where many jedi failed the same in the galaxy...Wow. Must've been a *super* badass.

As to the loyalty, it will be interesting to see how they explain this. Will it be similar to the numerous seminars eugenicists have had on society building? IIRC a speech by Oswald in the sixties went a little something (paraphrase off my memory or lack thereof) "People can be made to love their leaders, to be made to love their servitude, to be made to love living in conditions that by any decent standard they ought not to. People can be conditioned and trained to be loyal." Kind of dreadful but I suppose it makes for an interesting story. Here we have the making of this Empire's first grand moff landmarks of a larger landmark in history.

I tend to shudder at how much is being borrowed from the films. I just hope this isn't a near verbatim. The design of imperial garb gives me hope ot won't *all* be.

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 02:24 AM   #4
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
*Killed* a Terenatek? Where many jedi failed the same in the galaxy...Wow. Must've been a *super* badass.
Rumored. It was Rumored... Probably did, and may have been Force Sensitive(not all FS went on to be jedi/sith). So he may have been the Ultimate badass.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
The-Seraphim
Rookie

Current Game: Starcraft 2
Maybe he used the ultimate strategy of planting 50 mines in one spot before it see's you :P

"If you're thinking about self-destructing, let me give you one piece of advice: it hurts like hell." ~ Heero Yuy
The-Seraphim is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > News > Republic Holonet > Friday Update: Timeline Update ? Rebirth of the Sith Empire