lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: J7's random tinkerings thread... (56k beware!)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-24-2010, 04:28 AM   #121
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Umm, something must be wrong as i can't see most of those screenies.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 04:45 AM   #122
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Payne View Post
Umm, something must be wrong as i can't see most of those screenies.
Hmmm, must be a problem your end as they are working (right now) for both me and Astor. Have you tried refreshing the page? You can find the photos in my WIP album here; http://www.lucasforums.com/album.php?albumid=435 If you can't see them in there the error will be at your end. Hope that helps!

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #123
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Screenies are working fine over on this end!

Nice work on the various fashions we see here today. Tim Gunn would be well pleased.

I like the idea of the ninja-masked Revan/Bastila. It is so stupid on Taris, running around in broad daylight with Bastila at your side, the most looked for woman on Taris, and she is out there playing dirty Jedi tricks on Mission in front of EVERYBODY?!?!

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 12:02 PM   #124
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
The Sith robe with the purple face just looks ridiculous to me... but if that's what you want, then that's what you want. Sith Stalker is amazing, Canderous looks pretty good even in WIP. Keep it up, J7, you're the man!

Thank you Gorgod.
Zhaboka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #125
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
I'm really liking the Sith Stalker outfit. I hope it'll be available in TSL. ::keeping fingers crossed::
Possibly, depends on if the female sand person is left over in TSL assets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaboka View Post
The Sith robe with the purple face just looks ridiculous to me...
The face is more an experiment, from suggestions/requests I've had, it's liable to be a Chiss...

In other news, I've doubled the size of the Iridonian armour texture, and will make it an item available to the player, theres still work to do on here, I've just improved the original texture this far...

Have finished Bandon's armour (thats not his face, every time I used a Bandon disguise my KotOR game crashed for some reason)

And finally I will make the Republic Special Forces skin available to the PC as a wearable armour;

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
Old 12-24-2010, 08:44 PM   #126
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
Nicely done. The circled X directly over the crotch is a tad awkward, in my opinion. The holster is perfect, though, it nicely accents the shades of gray.

Thank you Gorgod.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:42 AM   #127
Random Nickos
Rookie

Zhaboka, its telling the enemy where to shoot. Very nice skins though.
Random Nickos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2010, 11:02 AM   #128
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Nicely done. The circled X directly over the crotch is a tad awkward, in my opinion. The holster is perfect, though, it nicely accents the shades of gray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Nickos View Post
X marks the spot I've actually already removed the X just havent got round to taking a new screenshot, the above screenshot is quite old, but decided to stick that Skin in with FFK1

Dak also suggested that I could use Jolee's Robe for a Sith Assassin (as seen in K2, as such I've been reskinning Jolee's robe and a Mask, here is where I am upto;

Old 12-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #129
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
I'm loving the new Pics!!!!

Great work!!!

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-26-2010, 03:01 PM   #130
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Nickos View Post
I LOL'd.

The Assassin looks great! The only other thing I noticed is that on the Iridonian armor the lightsaber isn't quite inside the model's hand. Is this just a weighting error or something?

Thank you Gorgod.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:30 PM   #131
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
Possibly, depends on if the female sand person is left over in TSL assets.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's still in TSL

Quote:
In other news, I've doubled the size of the Iridonian armour texture, and will make it an item available to the player, theres still work to do on here, I've just improved the original texture this far...
I've got a couple colour variations I could add.

Quote:
Have finished Bandon's armour (thats not his face, every time I used a Bandon disguise my KotOR game crashed for some reason)
Quote:
Hey, your the guy to ask I'm trying to add my Jolee Sith Assassin model and skin, to appearance.2da, I did everything I thought I needed to do (i.e. hexedited the model to a new name, added another row to appearance.2da), but every time I try to equip the item, the game crashes. Essentially what I want to do is create an all in 1 disguise to look like a Sith Assassin (Quanon is making a mask based off the K2 SA mask). Any help would be greatly appreciated! GB j7
This seems to happen with certain models. I can't remember if it is the head model's fault, or something wrong with the body model. I know that lots of non playable bodies are missing certain hooks and helpers, but I can't remember if that causes crashes.

What does the new line of the appearance.2da look like? What head does it use? Is the item a disguise?

Quote:
And finally I will make the Republic Special Forces skin available to the PC as a wearable armour;
The chest and back armour look great. I agree about the X; putting randomized camoflauge on a mirrored skin is always problematic, so you just need to watch out for stuff like that. One thing I always fear is seeing faces in the splotches (usually warped smilies ).

I think that the holster being different takes away from the camoflauge-ability. I'd either make the holster match the belt, or make more of the little details (like the shoulder pads, knee pads, glove edges, etc) colour, rather than grey. That would balance out the colour.

How are you going to make this model available to the PC? Is it going to replace one of the standard armours?

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2010, 03:01 PM   #132
JediExile
Rookie

Current Game: Mass Effect 3
Wow, these look amazing. Great job!

Revenge of Revan || Deadly Streams || Follow me on Twitter!

"Hey! You talk to her with a bit of respect in your voice or you'll end this conversation minus a few teeth! Got it?" -Carth Onasi
"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it." -Atton Rand

JediExile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #133
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

More pics at the bottom of the post after the explanation of mod workings

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
How are you going to make this model available to the PC? Is it going to replace one of the standard armours?
I thought I would start by quoting this and explaining, rob, asked me this in regards to the Republic armour and Republic special forces armour. Initially I was going to use these skins (click me) of mine for the PC at the start of the game. However I'm now thinking of just replacing the PC's clothes with the soldier uniform, makes the most sense considering you never see any Republic soldiers wearing anything but the standard armour. I'm additionally going to use the "J" slot for the Star Forge robes for a second robe variation, and for the NPC in party possibly custom things for them. I can do this as Revans Robes Revisioned will be part of FFK1, so as that is a disguise item, it doesn't use the "J" slot to equip those items. Does that sound like a reasonable plan? Various disguises for the PC will be made available including, the 3 Mandalorian armours and the Iridonian Armour, the Sith Assassin (presuming I get that working) and finally the Sith Stalker for females in the group.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's still in TSL
Cool there its easily moveable across then...

Quote:
I've got a couple colour variations I could add.
Awesome the more the merrier. Essentially Force Fashion K1 is now a modification by "Holowan Knights" (which is what it will be uploaded as) given the contributors are RedRob, Qui-Gon Glenn, Quanon, Sithspectre, Dak_Drexl, Prime, Xavier2, Canderis, Chainz.2da, Kha and of course myself overseeing the project

Quote:
This seems to happen with certain models. I can't remember if it is the head model's fault, or something wrong with the body model. I know that lots of non playable bodies are missing certain hooks and helpers, but I can't remember if that causes crashes.

What does the new line of the appearance.2da look like? What head does it use? Is the item a disguise?
I'll email them over if you fancy having a look? Currently Jolee is the default head for the model although I can change that...

Quote:
The chest and back armour look great. I agree about the X; putting randomized camoflauge on a mirrored skin is always problematic, so you just need to watch out for stuff like that. One thing I always fear is seeing faces in the splotches (usually warped smilies ).

I think that the holster being different takes away from the camoflauge-ability. I'd either make the holster match the belt, or make more of the little details (like the shoulder pads, knee pads, glove edges, etc) colour, rather than grey. That would balance out the colour.
Quote:
I LOL'd.

The Assassin looks great! The only other thing I noticed is that on the Iridonian armor the lightsaber isn't quite inside the model's hand. Is this just a weighting error or something?
Taking the above into consideration, here is the current version;

The latest on the Sith Assassin is this;

Quanon is making a mask based on the Sith Assassin K2 mask, so that will look much closer to the SA's once thats done

Dak also sent me a model he had edited with a Sith Stalker skin, I adabted the skin, to see how it would work for a Sith Assassin...

On the Bastila front I've been experimenting with a balaclava idea...

As ever let me know thoughts....

Old 12-30-2010, 01:58 AM   #134
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
It looks extremely uncomfortable... but that's why it's a video game!

Thank you Gorgod.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:38 AM   #135
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
On the Bastila front, I've been experimenting with a balaclava idea...
I don't think those colors go well with Bastila - the balaclava clashes with the rest of her outfit. Bastila would have more style than that, I think.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2010, 03:22 PM   #136
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
hey, about the crashing, check out this thread:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...52#post2145152

Old 12-30-2010, 04:56 PM   #137
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
hey, about the crashing, check out this thread:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...52#post2145152
Well I've managed to get it working... But only without a head, everytime I try and add a head it crashes... Any ideas?

It does't matter too much presuming a SithAssassin head can just be added to the body??

Old 12-30-2010, 04:57 PM   #138
.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
Quote:
More pics at the bottom of the post after the explanation of mod workings

On the Bastila front I've been experimenting with a balaclava idea...

As ever let me know thoughts....
I personaly don't like the mask, but everything else looks great.

Quote:
Hehe!! Somone forgot to where there invisble clothes.

Last edited by .:Lord Revan:.; 12-30-2010 at 05:03 PM.
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2010, 12:03 PM   #139
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

So anyone have any ideas about why sticking a head on Sith Assassin is crashing the game?

Anyways in other news, here is an update to the Sith Apprentice...

Old 12-31-2010, 12:24 PM   #140

I like it, very sithy.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:44 PM   #141
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
These are awesome skins , particularly like the 'Sith Stalker', if the animation is fixed that will be totally epic.
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2010, 05:23 PM   #142
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
The Sith apprentice looks loads better!

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2010, 10:22 PM   #143
newbiemodder
Gentleman Modder

Veteran Modder 
In regards to the crashing...there isn't any mask or helmet on the .utc template you are using that you may have forgotten to remove from the head?

Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows?

Just exactly what is a head-piece to the Staff of Ra?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206819

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206541

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...t=newbiemodder
newbiemodder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2011, 06:03 AM   #144
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiemodder View Post
In regards to the crashing...there isn't any mask or helmet on the .utc template you are using that you may have forgotten to remove from the head?
Hey, no, I've finally got it working, but not sure why, I tinkered back and forth with the appearance.2da and its now working... Screenies soon, thanks for your help newbiemodder (I think you may need to change your forum name these days... advancedmodder maybe more appropriate).

Update...

Finally managed to get the Sith Assassin head working, and with the skin I was wanting for it, although currently equipped headgear isn't showing up with the head...

Still a bit to do on the Sith Assassin, I may have to go back to Jolee's model as they models lightmap is doing funny things....

Last edited by jonathan7; 01-02-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #145
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Is that the Sith apprentice head? I'm pretty sure they don't have mask/goggle hooks. I'll see about fixing the lightmaps probably tonight - I'm pretty sure I can straighten it out (I see the wrist/hands are really weird).

Old 01-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #146
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Drexl View Post
Is that the Sith apprentice head? I'm pretty sure they don't have mask/goggle hooks. I'll see about fixing the lightmaps probably tonight - I'm pretty sure I can straighten it out (I see the wrist/hands are really weird).
You were right my good sir, replaced it with an edited PC head and it works ...

Also, Inyri has said that I can use her female Mandalorians model in FFk1...

Perhaps being dressed up as a Mandalorian would be a good disguise for Bastila on Taris....

There sporting a Mandalorian Speacial Forces skin, though the lightsaber may alert to Sith to some funny goings on

Old 01-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #147
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Here's a first glimpse to the assasin mask/ helmet thing I'm working on for J7.
This first version is something of my own tinkering and doesn't look like the TSL assasin much. But I promise to do a more faithfull one J7

Mind the skin is still WIP.

Show spoiler

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2011, 06:34 AM   #148
Random Nickos
Rookie

I would not want to meet that mask's owner in a dark alley. Perfect for a sith assasin.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #149

Quote:

There sporting a Mandalorian Speacial Forces skin, though the lightsaber may alert to Sith to some funny goings on
Very nice, maybe add a mando sign on the chest.

Quote:
=Quanon;2762348]Here's a first glimpse to the assasin mask/ helmet thing I'm working on for J7.
This first version is something of my own tinkering and doesn't look like the TSL assasin much. But I promise to do a more faithfull one J7

Mind the skin is still WIP.

Show spoiler
That is beast.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #150
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
@Special Forces skin: cool look, but that is the male version of the armor right?

@Q - I really like the details around the eye "cameras"... is that echoed a little on the back of the mask as well? It looks to be from the first image at top, but the angle prevents seeing what is happening back there. My thought on the mask "eyeholes" is that the exposed mask surfaces that are revealed by the cut-out could use a different color, while still keeping the shadows you have. Just for ya... looks awesome!

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #151
Quanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
@Q - I really like the details around the eye "cameras"... is that echoed a little on the back of the mask as well? It looks to be from the first image at top, but the angle prevents seeing what is happening back there. My thought on the mask "eyeholes" is that the exposed mask surfaces that are revealed by the cut-out could use a different color, while still keeping the shadows you have. Just for ya... looks awesome!
Oh, the eye lenses aren't textured yet, you see the green and white lines from the UVWmap
It's really a very early shot; but expect more going on at the front around the eyes soon, texture-wise. There is some extra detail at the back though, it's not flat. There's some techy stuff poking out with some small "tubes". Guess it might be a part of a breathing aparatus, build into the mask.

EDIT: Here's a new shot, worked more on the front of the mask and just for fun a shot from the back of the helmet:

Show spoiler

EDIT2: After further "wast'n" time on this mask I had a go at a test run in the game. It looks pretty; but there are some faults in the model I need to get out.
Texture gets very wonky stretched in certain spots. But nothing that I haven't solved before.

Show spoiler

TIQUILAAAAAAAA

Last edited by Quanon; 01-05-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:31 PM   #152
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quanon View Post
Show spoiler
Ooh, looks very badass
Awesome take on that.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #153
Quanon

Another mask.

Just dropping in to show a small preview of the second mask I'm making for J7. This time I took a stroll through the Harbinger in TSL, taking some screenshots of those pesky cloacked assasins.

I've taken over the main look of the head gear worn by those Sith goons, but it ain't a 100% duplicate, wasn't my aim really. Consider this a sort of 1.0 version of the mask. And those seen in TSL as the 2.0

EDIT: Spend some more time on the mask this afternoon, it sort of textured itself and I got it in the game quiet easely.
Here's a look at the result:

EDIT: Figured it can't hurt to add some renders of the mask, in game shots are a bit dark.

TIQUILAAAAAAAA

Last edited by Quanon; 01-10-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:10 PM   #154
Phildevil

What, you can't stand Carth's face anymore? Good job on the mask, the eyes-lens are certainly good looking to me!

Have you installed your Taris texture mod just for the screenshots? :P

Last edited by Phildevil; 01-10-2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Taris thingy
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #155
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
I'm kinda hoping the lenses will look different in the finished work.

The solid red of the first screenies looked better than the new ones.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #156
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I dig the carbon fiber textured look It's tricky getting those seams to meet up
Quote:
EDIT: Figured it can't hurt to add some renders of the mask, in game shots are a bit dark.

Show spoiler
I certainly like the shape of this ^ helmet more than the one with the double eye lenses. It's more human 'head' shaped, especially around the temples and bridge of the nose.
Quote:
Show spoiler

Old 01-11-2011, 02:33 AM   #157
d3sd0
Rookie

J7 I like the cheetah Juan better than lion but I would like her better with the original hair...
Great work everybody, top quality

To know that one has breathed easier because you have lived is to have succeeded.
d3sd0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #158
Quanon

Quote:
I dig the carbon fiber textured look It's tricky getting those seams to meet up
No idea if it's carbon fibre
I just found it on a site under carpets or something, but I loved how it looked
Quote:
I certainly like the shape of this ^ helmet more than the one with the double eye lenses. It's more human 'head' shaped, especially around the temples and bridge of the nose.
The first mask is well more a helmet then a mask. I wanted to be shaped more like a sort of knight helmet thing, mixed with a Alpa Romeo car headligts

So I went for a more stylished shape instead of following the shapes of a head.
The assasin mask in TSL is reall that, a mask. I noticed it was very thight to the head and the lenses wrapped around it... well sort of...

My mask is large as I need to go around the reall model heads and I wanted to avoid clipping, though female heads and the black heads will be have clipping due to their hair or more pronounced features of the face.

Unavoidable, but I tried to get it to look good. I'll now have another go at it, still have some ideas for "lenses", thinking of doing something pretty whacko this time

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Old 01-12-2011, 05:58 AM   #159
Random Nickos
Rookie

I always thought Alpha Romeos had an "evil face"
Old 01-12-2011, 07:43 AM   #160
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
I like both Q. Nice job!

Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > J7's random tinkerings thread... (56k beware!)