lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-29-2010, 04:51 PM   #681
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
@intress: 90SK and I have never gotten along fabulously, but there are personal reasons and professional ones that have been discussed here and elsewhere for that. I never recommend his mods for that alone, but also the legitimate problem is that he uses slots and spaces that many other mods use, which creates app.2da problems for everyone that uses his mods. I suggest isolating stuff you like and implementing it manually, rather than installing his whole mod. Then you can avoid some of these issues. Try your saves, they may work, it just is not a guarantee.

@salam263 - look at your journal entries. If you need Kobayashi, track down where and when he is supposed to be by reading your journal. It will probably tell you the next step.

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #682
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by salam263 View Post
i have read them and the one that tells me what to do, tells me that i should be able to go to that meeting now.. but i can't. the woman tells me that there are supposed to be three guys cooming to that meeting.... And right after that the party selection screen turns up and i can choose who i should have with me.. but then i try talking to the woman again.. same thing happen... and i can't get thrue the door either.... is something wrong or is it i who don't know what to do?
I remember having a little difficulty here once, maybe....

Kobayshi likes to get himself into trouble. You may need to look around for him in different areas that you can access... for some reason I think you find him where you wouldn't necessarily expect him, because he has been *delayed*.

I know I am being a little cryptic, but honestly I cannot remember how it plays out. You may be having an instance of mod conflict, but I cannot be sure. Try exhausting accessible Korriban for Kobayashi's presence, and if you cannot find him, then perhaps we can delve further.

Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Old 11-12-2010, 04:23 PM   #683
Aerial_ace
Lurker

Hi guys Ive been playing Sob:SR and have found a spot were it constantly crashes for me its after u get into the catacombs and when Shadow has her vision when she first boards the Orion after they have there little chat and they say they are going to meet the captain screen goes black and hangs for a bit before it crashes Ive tried multiple times from the auto save its made and from an earlier save i made i'm re-installing it now to see if it works but thought i would post in case some one new a fix. If it still crashes then i will try on a clean install of KotOR

OK after i reinstalled the mod and patched it to 1.1 if i load my earlier save just after entering the Czerka part of korriban Shadow now has Malaks model and a droid for a picture WTH

Last edited by Aerial_ace; 11-12-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Aerial_ace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2010, 07:14 AM   #684
Onmi
Lurker

I gotta say I was fine with the mod up until the end, the final
spoiler:
Solomon
battles weren't fun they were just annoying.

Fighting a high powered boss is fine, fighting him alone is okay, fighting him alone when your combat focused and thus lacking on healing supplies I can deal with,
spoiler:
but pile on all of that, his insane force resistance, and his tenancy to come back 5 times in a row, not to mention after all that he's STILL NOT DEAD
now that's just trying my patience.

Now despite these complaints I still LIKE the mod, and consider it a great testament to modding capabilities. It's just near the end... eeeeehhhhhh it dragged on, tried my patience and wasn't so much challenging as cheap.

still thumbs up

EDIT: Oh on the other hand, that one fight near the end against those guys you know who I'm talking about, THAT was fun. because there was tactics along with the powerful enemies
Onmi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #685
QKVenGeaNce
Lurker

Alternative link

Hi, I am awed by the awesomeness of Kotor and Kotor 2 since the first xbox era. Since I am replaying this great game in PC (bought it with Valve discount), I stumbled upon this mod but found its megaupload link unavailable, also the filefront link attempt is also futile.

Please please anyone still has this mod please upload it to an alternative link (such as mediafire, etc) so that I can enjoy the best mod for Kotor 1. My apology if my grammar is not correct, I am not an English native
QKVenGeaNce is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #686
Tizzle
Lurker

You can find it on Filefront with a bunch of otehr Mods for both KotOR and TSL

I got to say I really enjoy this mod, though now my game stops working after the flashback of the Revanchist ( the one you get when talking about Shadow's past. After the cutscene where Shadow walks out of the Enclave my screen turns black and the game just crashes and returns to my desktop.

Does anybody know what can be the problem?
Tizzle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-03-2010, 11:55 PM   #687
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmi View Post
spoiler:
Solomon

Fighting a high powered boss is fine, fighting him alone is okay, fighting him alone when your combat focused and thus lacking on healing supplies I can deal with,
spoiler:
but pile on all of that, his insane force resistance, and his tenancy to come back 5 times in a row, not to mention after all that he's STILL NOT DEAD

Now despite these complaints I still LIKE the mod, and consider it a great testament to modding capabilities. It's just near the end... eeeeehhhhhh it dragged on, tried my patience and wasn't so much challenging as cheap.

still thumbs up
I always considered s9's storytelling to be a bridge between the two games, and so
spoiler:
Solomon to me is a foreshadowing of Sion, perhaps even is Sion
. Just my hazy opinion...

Old 12-04-2010, 09:53 AM   #688
DarthCarnivorouS
Lurker

Current Game: KotOR I
Silveredge has advised to use this thread to post bug description, so I shall do just that. but since it's 2 o'clock at night, I will go for the lazy option and just quote the message I sent to his email address:

Quote:
dear SilverEdge,
the by-default-provided savegame file is corrupt (because of one of the mods you used which added up an entirely new planet) and it keeps on crashing the game from time to time (it does not happen all the time and it usually does if you're outside the actual BoS modules). if needed, I can provide you with an ok savegame file. that's the first issue.
the other issue is that you have not handled string variables for quest descriptions correctly - you can open up any BoS save with the kotor savegame editor, take a look at the quest list and see the error where a quest description should be. (it actually tells you that you forgot to put some brackets somewhere). I will provide you with a screenshot, if needed. the reason I blame this mod for it is that I have started a new game with the BoS installed, all the other mods turned off etc., and have got this error right after receiving the first BoS quest. the error is permanent and is in all BoS quest descriptions.
third issue. Bastila's portrait is just a blank square if you start playing the game with BoS installed and Bastila's in your party. her portrait in the 3x3 teammates square is not blank, however, just the one in the left bottom corner of your team's blank for some reason.
fourth issue. one of the first BoS quests. I do not remember the exact name of it, however. but it's the one you need to gather the keys from three different droids. this one has got two bugs in general:
1) if you have unlocked the storage room previously using your computer skill, you come back to the Orion and you can actually merely unlock the door and find this traitor there, who will ignore you (but the door's open!). the funny part is when he sends you on an errand to free him (why even free a traitor, why not let him die there?). the door's unlocked! so he's just standing there, waiting for you to rescue him. apparently, he's been blinded be his own foolishness
2) when gathering keys, if you walk way too fast, you can find yourself in a situation where you have the third group of shadows "defeated", but you have walked past the second one unnoticed (that could actually happen if you would have been using your camouflage skill as well, I suppose). the door to the second group is being sealed, so you can't possibly reach them, and the game does not let you continue on with the main quest unless you have them defeated, which is quite a pain in the... back, if you're just as minimalistic as I am and you're using two saves (quick and non-quick).

p.s. I'm using BoS patched to v1.1.
by the way, the gathering keys for "unlocking the door to the traitor + the sith artifact" quest is quite weird, I know your reasons for making the player gather one key at a time and then return to the computer, but.. isn't that strange? I mean, it's just a key, you would have been far more efficient by gathering all three of them in one glorious stroke (that is: gather each key, return to the computer). why would you possibly want to return to the computer having just one key and then going for the next one?
DarthCarnivorouS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2010, 08:45 PM   #689
Urthor
Lurker

Yello just posting this issue as it seems the most alive place of discussion for the mod
I have loaded brotherhood of shadows solomons revenge onto kotor and I am playing it on a save file that was just about to go to star forge before I loaded the mod
I could finish the standard bos section but I can't start the encounter with the black robe guy
When I walk into the ebon hawk there is no cutscene it's just the standard view
There is a also some bug where I can replay the bos quest from the bith a second time but it just puts all npc's in the room
Any help with this would be much appreciated
ps no mod conflicts

Last edited by Urthor; 12-04-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Urthor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #690
DarthCarnivorouS
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthor View Post
Yello just posting this issue as it seems the most alive place of discussion for the mod
I have loaded brotherhood of shadows solomons revenge onto kotor and I am playing it on a save file that was just about to go to star forge before I loaded the mod
I could finish the standard bos section but I can't start the encounter with the black robe guy
When I walk into the ebon hawk there is no cutscene it's just the standard view
There is a also some bug where I can replay the bos quest from the bith a second time but it just puts all npc's in the room
Any help with this would be much appreciated
ps no mod conflicts
just read the readme file again, it specifically tells you, that you either have to start a new game with BoS installed before it's been started OR use some savegame that has been done by somebody else in a game with BoS installed.
I hope, this will solve the issue.
and yes, it had better be a new game with all the other mods turned off or a savegame which has been done in a game with all the other mods turned off.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:52 AM   #691
Urthor
Lurker

Thanks sorry for being so stupid and not reading the readme
Urthor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2010, 10:01 AM   #692
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
spoiler:
Solomon

spoiler:

still thumbs up

EDIT: Oh on the other hand, that one fight near the end against those guys you know who I'm talking about, THAT was fun. because there was tactics along with the powerful enemies
In retrospective the fights were probably too difficult for character builds other than Jedi Guardian, even WITH the patch. I can't quite remember the reasoning behind it all, but I imagine it had something to do with wanting the fights to last more than a minute. Wouldn't be much fun if you could kick Mandalore's ass in under 10 seconds. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
I always considered s9's storytelling to be a bridge between the two games, and so
spoiler:
Solomon to me is a foreshadowing of Sion, perhaps even is Sion
. Just my hazy opinion...
How do you come to that conclusion? Out of curiosity.

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #693
Onmi
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9 View Post
In retrospective the fights were probably too difficult for character builds other than Jedi Guardian, even WITH the patch. I can't quite remember the reasoning behind it all, but I imagine it had something to do with wanting the fights to last more than a minute. Wouldn't be much fun if you could kick Mandalore's ass in under 10 seconds. :P
Well it would have helped if there was a more open arena. Consider the fight against
spoiler:
the party
if you take them straight up there you will die in an instant, but if you lead them out and take them 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 you stand a chance. It gives you the feeling that you can win this fight.

Compare that to the fight I was complaining about, you basically have to engage him on a narrow corridor, he's stronger than you, he's immune to nearly all of your force powers almost all the time (so you can't cast Mass Stasis and then bolt to get some breathing room) and he can take out 3/4ths of your entire health bar in a single hit.

When you fought him with Shadow earlier on at least you could run away and regain your breath. This was not helped by my computer being a PoS and the particle effects in the background lagging it beyond belief.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:13 AM   #694
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Current Game: Skyrim
Wink Well if u ask me ...

Quote:
Well it would have helped if there was a more open arena. Consider the fight against
spoiler:
the party
if you take them straight up there you will die in an instant, but if you lead them out and take them 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 you stand a chance. It gives you the feeling that you can win this fight.

Compare that to the fight I was complaining about, you basically have to engage him on a narrow corridor, he's stronger than you, he's immune to nearly all of your force powers almost all the time (so you can't cast Mass Stasis and then bolt to get some breathing room) and he can take out 3/4ths of your entire health bar in a single hit.

When you fought him with Shadow earlier on at least you could run away and regain your breath. This was not helped by my computer being a PoS and the particle effects in the background lagging it beyond belief.
Well I don't remember exactly the battle with Shadow but about the bridge one, you must consider his armor, his uti and his -awesome by the way- giant swords. The utc is brg_mandalore.utc within bos_bridge.mod module (/modules folder obvious). The swords are bos_mandaxe and bos_mandaxe2.uti and they are in Override folder. Finally, his armor is bos_mandarmor.uti also in Override.
I remember his swords being particulary powerful as well as his armor.

You need to edit lowering all these to fix the corridor battle to your kind of challenge and/or to avoid running away right after starting the duel. Post me if u want my tinkered stuff ...

hope that helps

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Mandalorian camo Armors in-game http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204159
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040

Last edited by GeorgNihilus; 12-11-2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: adding text
GeorgNihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2010, 06:35 AM   #695
Onmi
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgNihilus View Post
Well I don't remember exactly the battle with Shadow but about the bridge one, you must consider his armor, his uti and his -awesome by the way- giant swords. The utc is brg_mandalore.utc within bos_bridge.mod module (/modules folder obvious). The swords are bos_mandaxe and bos_mandaxe2.uti and they are in Override folder. Finally, his armor is bos_mandarmor.uti also in Override.
I remember his swords being particulary powerful as well as his armor.

You need to edit lowering all these to fix the corridor battle to your kind of challenge and/or to avoid running away right after starting the duel. Post me if u want my tinkered stuff ...

hope that helps
Oh no no no, not the battle against Mandalore, THAT was easy, if a little bit long. I meant the battle in Taris with Shadow vs Solomon. Sure Solomon was better than you but you could at least distance yourself enough to heal up.

I was saying that it was a well paced fight. Against Mandalore you have backup so you can at least plan the battle out
Old 12-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #696
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Current Game: Skyrim
Red face Oh... so??

Quote:
Oh no no no, not the battle against Mandalore, THAT was easy, if a little bit long. I meant the battle in Taris with Shadow vs Solomon. Sure Solomon was better than you but you could at least distance yourself enough to heal up.

I was saying that it was a well paced fight. Against Mandalore you have backup so you can at least plan the battle out
so what's the problem? Solomon too hard in Taris or what?? I haven't checked yet but that utc (Solomon's) probably wasn't edited by Silver's patch ...

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Mandalorian camo Armors in-game http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204159
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040
GeorgNihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2010, 08:04 AM   #697
Onmi
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgNihilus View Post
so what's the problem? Solomon too hard in Taris or what?? I haven't checked yet but that utc (Solomon's) probably wasn't edited by Silver's patch ...
There isn't a problem, I was saying it was a good example in comparison to
spoiler:
The solomon boss fight in the ritual room. the one where he comes back to life 5+ times, still isn't dead even after that, and just becomes an exercise in frustration

Maybe I didn't make it clear that I had finished the mod and was just commenting on what I felt went beyond 'difficult' because there's no way to get breathing room (your engaged on a very narrow strip, the arena itself is small and your health bar gets cut like 3 quarters of the way in one attack) and there's very little ability to heal.

If he had just gone down the first time you killed him, I would have called it fair but I understand why S9 did what he did (mostly make sure the fight didn't end in 5 seconds after hyping him so much) the problem stems from YOU not nearly having the same endurance as the boss.

Although I dunno, maybe it's just me who sucked at that fight, maybe I had terrible luck how did everyone else fair on it?
Old 12-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #698
DarthCarnivorouS
Lurker

Another bug:
Show spoiler
Old 12-30-2010, 10:00 PM   #699
rnaj525
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR II: TSL
Help please! In the Residential Area on Korriban (Where the Mandalorian and the Czerka Merchant is) There is a locked door with a Protocol Droid outside it which you can reprogram to kill the Mandalorian. Well, I can't open the door. It is locked up tight. I did everything, all the side quests, the main quest, and I can't open the door. Please help!
rnaj525 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2010, 11:21 PM   #700
IRevenX
Lurker

omg im obsessed with kotor! but where is the downloading button?
IRevenX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2011, 05:43 AM   #701
bendarby24
Rookie

Current Game: fable
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnaj525 View Post
Help please! In the Residential Area on Korriban (Where the Mandalorian and the Czerka Merchant is) There is a locked door with a Protocol Droid outside it which you can reprogram to kill the Mandalorian. Well, I can't open the door. It is locked up tight. I did everything, all the side quests, the main quest, and I can't open the door. Please help!
it is ment to open when you finished the brotherhood of shadow

i had this problem when i was playing frow it the second time ?
bendarby24 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #702
insan3soldiern
Lurker

I've experienced at least 3 game breaking bugs throughout my time with this mod. The first at the beginning when meeting Daemon on Tatooine, the second in the mines at Korriban at one of the Czerka check points, and the last and seemingly unavoidable one right when Revan and crew are proceeding through the bridge to battle Mandalore. All are crashes.

I fixed the first by simply reinstalling the mod and reloading before starting the mod. I simply avoided the area in the mines to "fix" the second. Unfortunately, the 3rd is all but unavoidable as it is in a very much required section. I'm guessing some of the mods I have installed are causing the bugs, but even so it still hurts my enjoyment.

The mod itself is very good, though I will say the challenge is perhaps to high at times and the voice acting isn't always that good. Kobayashi and Verbal are great, though I'm not a fan of Solomon's work. The back story of Shadow and Solomon is well done and the fact that the overall storyline fits not just with KOTOR but TSL as well shows that there was a very strong attention to detail in the writing of the storyline and that I appreciate.

Aside from the fact that maybe Revan should possibly be more worried about Bastila and Malak, the storyline fits the game as well. Unfortunately, I won't be able to finish the Mod as I'll probably have to reinstall it and restart. Since that invalidates 45+ hrs. of gameplay (and, yes, I do have a save from before starting BOS), I'll probably just stop playing KOTOR and jump on TSL as I really want to play the restored content.

Despite my complaints, I do appreciate all the effort put into BOS and commend the developer.
insan3soldiern is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2011, 12:06 AM   #703
IRevenX
Lurker

I just want to point something out, the downloading updated one says "bos_sr_1.0.rar" and its supposed to be called "BoSSR_1.0_install.exe.". Did I do something wrong, grrr i rarely go on the computer, help me
IRevenX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2011, 07:02 AM   #704
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

@insan3soldiern:1. Meeting with Daemon should be fine, never had a crash here.
2.the issue in the korriban mines I have experienced, I am wondering if the scripts were cleaned out sufficiently in that module, as it is not a graphical induced issue.
3. Had a time or two, this one is a toughie, as it is occurring in a custom made module, it is both graphically and coding wise stretching the game, and so a glitch in this area is not surprising, and not really the fault of the modder, IMO. Chicken salad is better than....

@IRevenX: Hehe... not to familiar with PCs I guess A .rar is a compressed index, like a .zip or a .7z or several other formats. I recommend the wonderful 7zip, which you can find at www.7zip.org. It is free and will open your .rar, which contains the .exe you are looking for. Enjoy!

@S9: several things really... Solomon would not die, should have been dead and came back, but was not really himself. He was tainted, his first death. In your mod, he *dies* several more times, revitalizing himself with the Brotherhood of Shadow.... who is to say that isn't how Sion did it?

Old 01-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #705
Allronix
Forumite

It all seems to work, save one major annoyance: The Star Forge robes and Revan's robes are now hooded, with that horrible clipping and stiff cape.

I've already altered the uti file on the robes you wear in the flashback to include a disguise function, so those will work no matter what. What files do I need to get rid of or change in order to change the g_a_mstrrobe06 & g_a_mstrrobe07 back to normal?

Allronix - KOTOR Filefront Supporter
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/

Please bring your mods. They'll give them a good home!
Allronix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #706
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
@S9: several things really... Solomon would not die, should have been dead and came back, but was not really himself. He was tainted, his first death. In your mod, he *dies* several more times, revitalizing himself with the Brotherhood of Shadow.... who is to say that isn't how Sion did it?
Solomon didn't really die for real right until the end. Just before he comes back and kills Kobayashi in the chamber, he only appeared to be dead. I think the justification at the time was that in a last ditch effort he drove his own conscience deep within himself to the point where little things like lifesigns don't behave as they should. Or something like that. I distinctly remember reading something similiar occuring in one of the comic book series at the time and thinking "Well if they can get away with it, then so can I". :P

My main focus was definitely on the plot and characters though, and that probably shows, what with all the technical issues still present. It's a shame KoTOR runs so poorly on Windows 7.

I've actually been working on a script for a "Brotherhood of Shadow" comic book project for quite some time now. Years actually. I honestly don't know if it will ever see the light of day in its intended form, as there's still a lot of issues to work out given the complexity (or lack of) of the character models, but it's something distant to look forward too non-the-less. The storyline takes place in the years between K1 and K2, and compliments K2 in the way BoS:SR complimented K1.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #707
rnaj525
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR II: TSL
Nevermind, I figured out how to open the door and what was behind it, but I have another problem. I can't find the Jedi Crusader robes ingame anywhere. Also, are there any other new items on different planets that can be found after completing the main quest or something? I saw a lot of new items on KSE, but I've played through the entire mod and can't find most of them. Are they hidden on like Tatooine or Kashyyyk or something?
rnaj525 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2011, 12:51 AM   #708
N-5/Prudii
Rookie

Current Game: New Vegas
I don't think you're supposed to have the Crusader robes. Just add them in with KSE.

Show spoiler
N-5/Prudii is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 11:37 PM   #709
jedi7000nathan

Current Game: Kotors 1 and 2
I miss the funny jokes (like when Reven says ignore the call its probably a telemarketer) and the dark side Jedi Council skins, also I liked the Shadow staying until Lehon also what happened to her being called Matilda as a party Member

DOMO ARIGOTO MR. ROBOTO
GRUNDO KING
LEADER OF THE GALACTIC FEDERATION
#1 YLANA SKYFIRE FAN

AZULA IS SEXY
jedi7000nathan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2011, 11:21 PM   #710
Allronix
Forumite

I keep encountering an odd hiccup

During the flashback, I take "Sera Degana" up to the bridge and have the conversation with him that ends with the self-important Republic Admiral Cole ordering the ship boarded.

We warp to module bos_orion2, but it will not fade in. I get a black screen, sounds of the Orion's crew repelling the boarding party, and all my inventory is back when I hit escape and see Ms. Degana.

So, I quit, exit the game completely, load up the module from the autosave, and it works ok.

It's likely a script that's misfiring or conflicting with something else (admittedly, I have a lot of mods). Trouble is, which script am I looking for?

Last edited by Allronix; 02-12-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:13 AM   #711
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

This is an engine issue, and the fact that scripts fired from dialog are not nearly as reliable as a script outside of the dialog.... An unfortunate reality of KotOR modding, I am afraid - The more complex your dialog tree, with more conditionals, and lots of scripts attached to nodes, some of them are going to *wank*.

Not saying it is not solvable, but digging for the script in question may be tricky indeed.

Examine the dialog tree (you are the expert!!) and look in the "scripts that fire when spoken" field at the end of Cole's dlg tree. s9 included his source, so when you find that script, you can post the source if you like and we will see if there is any glaring error. Likely that it is just KotOR being KotOR.

Old 02-12-2011, 02:02 AM   #712
Allronix
Forumite

It's not likely Cole's dialogue tree. Checked the scripts there. The issue is with the initial "on enter" setup within bos_orion2. The workaround of quit the game, reload with autosave seems to work.

I did some digging and also found a mislabeled script "prefadez" in the initial dialogue tree. I'll give that a test as well as seeing if I can extract the utc file for "Sera Degana" and maybe tinker with the stats - the portrait id seems to be wrong on my copy, and I'll probably put in a "min 1 hp" clause because dying during a flashback scene throws off the immersion.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #713
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

The issue with bos_orion2 is as old as the first build. I could never honestly find out what was causing it, but it's definitely nothing to do with the "prefadez" script. That was just me disabling a script the lazy way. It's nothing accidental.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #714
Allronix
Forumite

Ah, understood. Known issue. Documented with workaround.

Another hiccup: On the Korriban Wastes, I sometimes end up with a duplicate Koybayasi spawned. While I'm sure Ms. Degana wouldn't object, and it's no game breaker, it is rather funny.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #715
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

I'm guessing it's just another strange quirk resulting of running KoTOR and BoS on newer operating systems. I hear script misfires and other engine bugs can be common even during the main game itself.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #716
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Man, wish I could redo all my models, that are in this mod. They would be better for the game
But I lack the motivation and ambition

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #717
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Q, what would you change?

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #718
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Quote:
I'm guessing it's just another strange quirk resulting of running KoTOR and BoS on newer operating systems. I hear script misfires and other engine bugs can be common even during the main game itself.
Yeah... Just finished playing Mass Effect for the first time, and I can now say this about BioWare - they write great games, and they do not test them nearly enough

Old 02-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #719
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Yeah... Just finished playing Mass Effect for the first time, and I can now say this about BioWare - they write great games, and they do not test them nearly enough
As far as BoS is concerned, it's probably doesn't help that my programming skills weren't exactly the best. I didn't really have the patience for programming, so it was just a matter of as long as it works, I don't care. It could probably use a lot of refining.

On a somewhat related note, I recently bought the domain for www.brotherhoodofshadow.com. There's nothing there at the moment other than a redirect to my somewhat broken portfolio website, but when I finally finish the script for the BoS:LoS comic book, that's how I plan to share it.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #720
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
Q, what would you change?
Mainly on how my walkmeshes where done, I'dd could improve those. And by adjusting them I could add a bit more detail to the overall look of the areas.

Certainly the bridge area where you fight mandalore. It lacks a few bits.
Plus LIGHTMAPS ofcourse

Quote:
On a somewhat related note, I recently bought the domain for www.brotherhoodofshadow.com. There's nothing there at the moment other than a redirect to my somewhat broken portfolio website, but when I finally finish the script for the BoS:LoS comic book, that's how I plan to share it.
Ola, I better get back into preparing those body models :-S
Think I had an early version of your script laying about...

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge