lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Dak's Armored Robes 2.0
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Dak's Armored Robes 2.0

This is an update to my previous "Republic Armored Robes" mod.

ReadMe:
Show spoiler

KotOR Files Review:
Show spoiler

Screens:
Show spoiler

**Deadlystream Download Link**

Last edited by Dak Drexl; 06-19-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2011, 08:15 AM   #2
Lord Dagron
Rookie

Current Game: TFU , TFU2
Nice work. All the robes look awesome.

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering." Yoda
" You don't know the true nature of the force , I must obey my master" Darth Vader
" And now young Jedi, you will die" The Emperor

Formerly Known As Darth Riddick
Lord Dagron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
Qui-Don Jorn

Current Game: The Old Republic
Helpful! 
Yeaaaah man!, I like the addition of the Marauder robe,...and the PC's general robe..and Malgus' robe (J7). Nice!
Very cool.
Qui-Don Jorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Current Game: Skyrim
Cool Guy Females now?? goodness ...

Well Dak, another impressive work of yours ...

I really like specially how both the Armoured Marauder's robes and Darth Malgus' armor look, 'cause IMO the tunics fit better with the "impressive" armors below in these cases, maybe also because of the almost black textures. The ubese armor and the other black armor fit great below the jedi robes.

I think I'm gonna keep these 2 instead of Revan's robes ... yep. About the others, I'd like to have at least a couple of female armored robes but replacing the slave outfit column bothers me a little ... nevertheless; doing an uti with a twilek disguise for the dancer kit was a smart tweak indeed ... in case I do change my mind.

I'll probably replace the armored flight suits female column to try a couple of female armored robes ...

someone should have foreseen this game was gonna need additional appearance 'columns' to add outfits ... if it was possible to add 'unused' columns that is ...

thanks for sharing, outstanding job again

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Mandalorian camo Armors in-game http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204159
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040
GeorgNihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
Everything looks good as usual Dak .
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #6
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Could we get a close up of the medal on the robes?

(Thanks for the mention in the credits by the way!)

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #7
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgNihilus View Post
Well Dak, another impressive work of yours ...
I think I'm gonna keep these 2 instead of Revan's robes ... yep. About the others, I'd like to have at least a couple of female armored robes but replacing the slave outfit column bothers me a little ... nevertheless; doing an uti with a twilek disguise for the dancer kit was a smart tweak indeed ... in case I do change my mind.

I'll probably replace the armored flight suits female column to try a couple of female armored robes ...

thanks for sharing, outstanding job again
Thanks! These do replace the revan robe model, but the disguise robes should still work (never liked the regular star forge model anyway).

Quote:
someone should have foreseen this game was gonna need additional appearance 'columns' to add outfits ... if it was possible to add 'unused' columns that is ...
Yeah I really wish we could add more because then we would have unlimited possibilities of neat models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
Could we get a close up of the medal on the robes?

(Thanks for the mention in the credits by the way!)
No problem - you were very helpful! The medal is just photo-sourced from some military medal, I can try to get a close-up or just find a picture similar to it.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:16 AM   #8
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
Not bad. Only problem I have, is that it seems the Exile's robe(and the items that come with it, that should be on the Harbinger), appears both where the plasteel cylinder where the Miner's Outfit should be, and near the one next to the terminal in the Fuel Depot(the one used to open the Airlock door).

Though, to be honest, adding the female robe to the female armor model wouldn't work?

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #9
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtas Vadum View Post
Not bad. Only problem I have, is that it seems the Exile's robe(and the items that come with it, that should be on the Harbinger), appears both where the plasteel cylinder where the Miner's Outfit should be, and near the one next to the terminal in the Fuel Depot(the one used to open the Airlock door).
Whoops, I though that the exile's locker was a safe .utp. I guess not...

Quote:
Though, to be honest, adding the female robe to the female armor model wouldn't work?
If it worked I would have done it. For some reason the female robes don't like to be added to anything or vice versa

Thanks for the feedback though!

Old 01-09-2011, 10:35 PM   #10
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Current Game: Skyrim
Smile Well ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Drexl View Post
Whoops, I though that the exile's locker was a safe .utp. I guess not...
Well that g_tresmillow007.utp has the tag MilLowFootLker, which is used many times in the game. There are even 2 or 3 g_tresmillow007.utp files in different modules ... so the outfit might appear in a bunch of places ...

I haven't found a single utp to place an outfit in the Harbinger, not with a unique tag. However, in the 201TEL level (the arriving Telos Citadel station level I suppose) there's a unique Security Locker with a unique ith_locker tag, although I dunno exactly where the locker is (maybe in the closed room to the right of the docking bay?? possibly).

Might be a good point to place outfits, although not in Harbinger.

hope that helps

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Mandalorian camo Armors in-game http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204159
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040
GeorgNihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #11
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I had a thought that perhaps the Sith might have some medals on their uniforms as well. There are medals in the old school Tie Fighter game. Those medals can be seen here - for inspiration. Granted, those medals come much later in the time line but at least you have something to look at!

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #12
Darth Darkus
Rookie

Current Game: none
very good looking robes. I was playing around with the Malgus armor aswell but I didn't quite get it the way I wanted to yet. Two thumbs up!
Darth Darkus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #13
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: Destiny, Dragon Age:Inquisit
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Looking good Dak.

The only problem I see from the screenies, is the transparent spots inside the cloak, at the waist level, and near the neck. You can see the yellow bick road behind them, and they're more noticable on the females. I can tell from working with those robes myself, that it is from missing (or deleted) polys, rather than alpha channels. You might want to move the poly verticies inside of the robe, so that they block off those holes.

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #14
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Just want to let everyone know I updated this with a fix that stops crashing when equiping on male PC's. Download 2.1 here:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/...ored-robes-21/

Also updated the link on the first post.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Dak's Armored Robes 2.0