lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Camera is too slow...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-18-2009, 04:53 AM   #1
Grombolar
Lurker

Current Game: X-Wing CD (DOS)
Question Camera is too slow...

Ok, first off - my game isn't too fast, its speed is just fine

The problem I have is with the camera - it moves way slower than my spacecraft, and I find myself looking at a tiny distant X-Wing, barely able to aim and shoot properly. It is normal at first, then my craft starts moving farther and farther from the camera (until it becomes really small).

Switching to the next camera mode does help, and it is a good altrernative, but I still prefer the opriginal camera (much more convenient).

Game version is 1.3, the computer is an Acer laptop, 1.5 GHz single-core, Windows XP SP2. Graphics card is some crappy Intel thing, I won't even bother mentioning its name...

Suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited by Grombolar; 03-18-2009 at 04:56 AM. Reason: clarification
Grombolar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2009, 12:56 AM   #2
mrmud
Lurker

I know a solution to this.

Get a application called "D3D-Windower" and play the game windowed. As funny at it sounds, it fixes the issue entirely for me.

I tried to debug the game in fullscreen, but it always insists on being in full screen, which makes it impossible to debug the camera code in realtime.

With this and the other fixes (I made a loader which patches the game to not use a CD as well as fixing the crash bugs), the game runs perfectly.
mrmud is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2010, 06:51 AM   #3
mrmud
Lurker

Major bump but...
I made some progress fixing it. I'm in the process of writing a hook DLL to fix it.
mrmud is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-15-2011, 02:08 AM   #4
Murray the Chao

Any updates?

Murray the Chao is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RogueSquadron.net > 2. Rogue Squadron > Tech Centre > Camera is too slow...