lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: costum sound
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-23-2011, 01:05 AM   #1
DarthJMG2003

costum sound

well here is my problem, i am trying to play a costum sound, everytime i trigger a trigger_multiple, but i canīt make this work, i put this command in the properties window in GktRadiant 1.4.0:

noise

sound/duel1/open.wav

I even tried with the same file only in mp3 format and i canīt make this work, any thoughs would be nice, maybe i am typing something wrong, my pk3 has the file and is in the base directory...

Thanks in advance...
DarthJMG2003 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2011, 01:50 AM   #2
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
is you mp3/wav in the correct audio format? I'm pretty sure the engine only supports sampling rates of 11k and 22k. Also, I don't recall the keys used for sound offhand, but are you sure this is correct? The game probably throws some error message in game when you pass through the trigger, be sure to check for that in console. No error means I would bet the entity key is wrong.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2011, 02:44 AM   #3
DarthJMG2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdcfanbill View Post
is you mp3/wav in the correct audio format? I'm pretty sure the engine only supports sampling rates of 11k and 22k. Also, I don't recall the keys used for sound offhand, but are you sure this is correct? The game probably throws some error message in game when you pass through the trigger, be sure to check for that in console. No error means I would bet the entity key is wrong.
Well it doesn appear any error message in the console, i tried putting the command like this

noise

sound\duel1\open.wav

But no luck...

For the way it looks, i am stuck, i can imagine what is wrong.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
acdcfanbill

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
either the sound file is the wrong format or it's not in the right spot. Looks like the engine supports 44.1kHz too. Also, are all your sound sliders up in the options?

Old 03-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
DarthJMG2003

Well finally i give up with the noise property on the trigger_mulptiple, so i link a target_speaker with the noise property and it worked...
Old 03-29-2011, 02:24 AM   #6
acdcfanbill

well that's good. come to think of it, i believe that's how i did any sounds i used as well.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #7
ds615
Rookie

Trigger_multiple doesn't have a noise property, hence the reason it did not work.
ds615 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2011, 09:32 PM   #8
DarthJMG2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds615 View Post
Trigger_multiple doesn't have a noise property, hence the reason it did not work.
Well it does, at least jkradiant, but gtk its something else, it looks like jkradiant, but as i have discovered it is not...

See ya...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > costum sound