lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: What is your favorite KotOR planet?
Taris 46 34.33%
Dantooine 30 22.39%
Tatooine 14 10.45%
Kashyyyk 19 14.18%
Manaan 37 27.61%
Korriban 44 32.84%
Rakatan World 23 17.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Your favorite planet in KotOR?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-21-2008, 09:37 PM   #41
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
The only real negative point is the endless walking on the uninteresting Sea Dunes.
Seconded!

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2008, 09:51 PM   #42
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
I like them all equally so I voted for all of them; Though, I really like Tatooine because of our favorite droid...

Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2008, 10:12 PM   #43
Tarridus
Rookie

I voted for Korriban because the whole 'aura' of the darkside was compelling. I enjoyed the whole Sith Academy portion immensely as well so that may have had a factor in it.
Tarridus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2008, 12:17 AM   #44
Iron Rose
Rookie

Korriban, closely followed by Manaan and then Taris. Sadly though I loved Korriban in Kotor, I hated it in TSL.
Iron Rose is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2008, 04:03 AM   #45
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Quote:
The only real negative point is the endless walking on the uninteresting Sea Dunes.

Seconded!
That's where the turbo cheat came in handy (later, the warping bands). Don't think I've really go a favorite, though.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2008, 04:18 AM   #46
cralexns
Rookie

I really liked Korriban, I thought it was the most interesting planet. A lot of interesting encounters in the initial areas and not too much running around before you get down to business and I especially liked the academy part, puzzles and such are intriguing. I liked the planet in Sith Lords as well, felt it was the planet that got most in touch with the plot from the first game.
cralexns is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #47
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Lehon... It's one of the few that actually looked real...

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #48
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine
I also liked Manaan, because I actually liked the Selkath. Don't see what everyone has against them.
Totally, bro! Never understood why this forum hates the Selkath so much. I loved them, their concept, Manaan - the whole thing was excellent. Dunno why people get so pissed off with alien languages (OK, maybe a dozen more lines could have helped )!

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2008, 03:37 AM   #49
Ben Bryddia
Rookie

"Dantooine, on Dantooine."
For those who do not know me I shall explain my position. I'm definitely not a city chap, so, though Taris was wonderfully executed form-wise it was missing something.

This was my first role playing game and the first two locales were all synthesized ceramicrete, duracrete, transparisteel, and durasteel girders. I spent al ong time on Taris, trying to figure out how RPGs actually worked. I grew sick of never seeing flora or fuana, nor being able to move about away from archecture. When I finally got out of the academy the first chap I met was ol' Nemo.
From there on it was me taking in the panaramic hills and up to my ears in Kath hounds, trees, a creepy cave, and the accompanying kinrath. It was also the first time I heard the Jedi Code we can all recite from memmory, the first lightsaber I made and used back when I had no idea what anything meant accept that it was a beautiful planet.
It was like being a figurative child way back in 04. Once I reached the other worlds I was finally starting to understand the mechanics, whereas I only knew enough to have a good time when I was on Dantooine. By the time I left, the magic seemed to have gone on it's merry way.
If that makes sense to you I'll be most happy.

-Bearer of the Krijinia.

"Raking is easy, but all you get is leaves. Digging is hard, but you may find gold.”
-John Piper

“Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.”
-God

"Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!"
-Feanor to Morgoth
Ben Bryddia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2008, 08:31 AM   #50
Robb Stark
Rookie

I'm a bit surprised to be honest--Taris? Though to be fair I've played the game so many times that Taris has reached the point of "chore" for me. The only worse setting in the two games is Telos IMO.

I'll go with Korriban. Great aesthetics and atmosphere coupled with providing more lore/information on the Sith and the Sith-Jedi rivalry than all the rest of the game combined, not to mention all six movies and probably quite a bit of EU literature as well.

Tatooine and Manaan both rate highly for me as well. And the Rakata homeworld has grown on me since I started paying more attention to it rather than just racing to get to the Star Forge.
Robb Stark is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #51
patient_zero

I've grown to hold affection for all the planets for KotOR I. I liked Taris for it's variety and because it was so big. To be entirely honest I was slightly disappointed that I didn't get to spend as long on the other planets. I remember first coming into Javyar's Cantina and quite liking the music, then wishing that I could walk up to the bar and have a drink while taking in the atmosphere.

Manaan gets an honourable mentioned for being intiguing. I liked the city feel of it, even if it was big and confusing I liked walking about everywhere. You also get to see the Republic and Sith when they're not allowed to fight each other... still at each others' throats, however.

I would have to say, however, that my favourite is Unknown World. I know it doesn't have the city feel that I like to it, it doesn't have the puzzles and quests that I like, but it's beautiful. As nice as the other planets are, Unknown World is the one planet where you can't help but stop and gawp at all the scenery, the water lapping at the shoreline you can stand in, the tissue-paper texture of the roof in the Rakata settlement, the crumbling pillars and stone blocks around the temple. I like to think that once I defeat Malak I come back and have a beach party.
patient_zero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2008, 02:27 PM   #52
Jasper_Kazai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb Stark
I'm a bit surprised to be honest--Taris? Though to be fair I've played the game so many times that Taris has reached the point of "chore" for me. The only worse setting in the two games is Telos IMO.
I would have agreed with you, awhile back. I had started so many new save files, I hated Taris. It revolted me.
But then I took a long break. More than a year. And when I went back, I kind of enjoyed Taris. I just can't play it too often.

Jasper_Kazai is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 11:16 AM   #53
MrMarius
Lurker

My favorites are Kashyyyk, Manaan and Unknown World (in that order).
I love the nature in those worlds, especially Kashyyyk (oooh, treeees), but, like so many here, found the Selkath rather annoying because of their attitude (went to prison twice, got executed once) and their camera-off message.

Off topic: Serpentine, you wondered how they got the sound... well, I think I've got it, just need to check it, so next time I visit Manaan and it turns out to be okay, I'll upload it.

[EDIT] I've got it! They made that selkath sound just by speaking this weird speach into the microphone (often accompanied with some saliva, you know) and then they'd pitch shift it down and put some reverb on it, perhaps even a little flanger, at least that's what I did [/EDIT]

Last edited by MrMarius; 03-19-2008 at 07:26 PM.
MrMarius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 08:45 PM   #54
Sithspecter
Big things are coming...

Current Game: Mechwarrior II: Mercenaries
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder LFN Staff Member 
I'm going to have to say the Yavin station, even thought it's not an entire planet. Suvam Tan was pretty interesting, and you could get a boatload of awesome crap from him, plus you don't have to run around everywhere to do things. It's just like a little bonus in there.

Sithspecter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 09:05 PM   #55
HdVaderII
I am le sad.

Current Game: Dark Forces. Yeah.
Tatooine, because of my favorite bloodthirsty droid, HK.

Are you one of those poor Macintosh gamers that are in the possession of Empire at War, yet because of the scarcity of Mac players out there you have nobody to play against? If you are, PM me if you want to set up a game.
HdVaderII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2008, 03:56 AM   #56
MasterWaffle
Rookie

Hard to choose! I like Taris and Manaan the best, I think.

I hated Manaan the first couple of playthroughs, but once I figured out how to navigate the layout I liked it (I'm directionally challenged, kept ending up in the wrong modules and not having a clue where I was going). Taris was fun, probably because it was the most complex.

MasterWaffle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2008, 06:43 AM   #57
memarik

Current Game: Elder Scrolls IV
my favorite kotor planet or place is manaan..

its so peaceful and its neutral to the civil war
ands its watery..

and froms star wars world Dac a.k.a Mon Calamari is my favorite cos its watery too and i like the species conflic in Dac.. Quarren and Mon Cals..
and i like the quarrens the most cos they are like one of the closed species in the galaxy..

Mandalorian Mod Revival -
http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=196617

Team Mandalore -
http://mandaloretheshadow.webs.com/index.htm

"You listen to Cassus Fett, and your son's sons will have nothing to do—because you'll have conquered everything!"
―Cassus Fett to Gormer
memarik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #58
johnnydepplover
Lurker

Fav planet?

I think my fav planets (in no order) would be Taris, Dantooine, and Manaan
johnnydepplover is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #59
Niftyeye

Gonna sound weird but.. Manaan, but only really after the underwater sequence was completed, I loved the whole peacefulness look of it, and I always liked to go and 'relax' there when i was stuck on another quest.

Off Topic: I wish the Ebon Hawk had a battle simulator so you could kill time
Niftyeye is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 12:07 PM   #60
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I chose Korriban because of it's history - where the Sith began, etc. I knew that part of the storyline before starting KOTOR from some reading I had done, so I was really looking forward to going there. I also really enjoyed the tombs - I'm a sucker for Sith & Jedi history/legacy.
Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #61
JCarter426

K1: Taris. K2: Nar Shaddaa. And no, it's not because I like the city (which I do ).

I like Taris because...well...really hard to explain. It has the perfect combination of main quest and side quest, and both are equally entertaining.

A close second would have to be...does the Leviathan count? I didn't really like most of K1's planets. The main quests were severely lacking, in my opinion. Kashyyyk was pretty good, and Manaan was all right in that area (but not in many others). But I absolutely despise Tatooine, Dantooine, and Korriban.

As for Nar Shaddaa, I love it for the ending. Starting with the message from Visquis, all the way up to the escape from Goto's Yacht, it's very cinematic. The thing really feels like it belongs in a Star Wars movie.

And a very close second for K2 is Peragus. Yes, you heard me right. I just loved the whole mystery behind it the first time, and for me it never gets old.

(And yes, I know that the poll was only for K1, but I felt like talking about K2 anyway. )

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2008, 03:48 PM   #62
teodesetkata
Rookie

It is very hard to decide, because each planet is unique and it is exciting in a different way. But Manaan is on the first place, I really liked it, and all these trials were awesome, it really made my brain think a little. And the Selkath are interesting - I never get sick of their alien talk. Yavin Station - that's the one on the second place, though it may not be as long as the others, but I really liked the Trandoshan enounter and Suvan Tan, and his items, of course. Not to be left out, Kashyyyk, Tatooine, Taris, Korriban and the Unknown World are one of my favourites as well. The only place I didn't like much is the Star Forge itself.

teodesetkata is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #63
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I just went back to KotOR. If there's one place I missed the most from this game is Manaan. And as such, it gets my vote.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #64
SITH LORD 872

Current Game: KOTOR 1
My favorite was Taris, because i really liked the city scape view, And i enjoyed playing that part of the game!!

SITH LORD 872 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #65
Primogen

Current Game: The Witcher
Tatooine and Kashyyyk are -tedious-, except they have HK-47 and Jolee, respectively. Manaan is actually pretty fun until you get to the underwater facility and that -obnoxious- part where you walk at about 1/8 speed through an overly long passage. *Bwaaaaaaaugh* Dantooine isn't bad, but it has huge dull stretches of empty space, and Taris is, well, Taris. It's not as bad as Peragus, but it's close.

So yeah, Korriban.

The Crown of Albion, an Arthurian Mythology RP
Dark Age of the Republic, a Star Wars RP
Primogen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #66
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primogen View Post
Tatooine and Kashyyyk are -tedious-, except they have HK-47 and Jolee, respectively.
Indeed. Although I like Zaalbar's story on Kashyyyk.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:31 PM   #67
Primogen

The inherent problem with Zaalbar's story is that Zaalbar is not a very interesting character and Shyriiwook is -annoying-.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:14 AM   #68
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Racist Czerka employee >:/

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2011, 04:47 AM   #69
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Racist Czerka employee >:/
I kill them all.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #70
SITH LORD 872

Current Game: KOTOR 1
How about being underwater in the base, Trying to get the officer to come out of his locker LOL!!

SITH LORD 872 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #71
Primogen

Best part on Manaan by far.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #72
.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
Definatly Taris...and it lokks like it is schooling all the other ones.
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2011, 08:29 AM   #73
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Lord Revan:. View Post
Definatly Taris...and it lokks like it is schooling all the other ones.
As much as I like Taris' Upper City, what good is it if you spend most of your time in the Undercity (a.k.a. 'Worst Part of the Game')?

Old 05-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #74
JoFlashStudios
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR
I really enjoy Korriban. Showing up all those Sith is pretty awesome.
JoFlashStudios is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #75
Fredi
El Guapo

Manaan is my favourite, I really like the concept and look of the Planet and Ahto City. And I need to say I love the Yavin Space Station too, I really like how it looks in the inside and the view of Yavin makes it look even more cool.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2011, 07:39 AM   #76
Confederal_Republic
Rookie

Manaan was great, but it could be chokingly small at times. Taris and Manaan are my favorites. Dantooine's atmoshpere was awesome, but it was all too similar throughout your time there.

Let's hope the next few years bring revolutionary innovations in game development that allow the creation of extremely large and interesting worlds (unique simulation).
Confederal_Republic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #77
pluckyclown
Lurker

Mine would have to be a combination of Dantooine and Korriban, especially as they are polar opposites.

Dantooine is so peaceful and relaxing and is also the place where you first get your Lightsaber. The Ancient Ruins are also really interesting and meeting people like Juhani and having your first epic Lightsaber battle is pretty cool, also the Crystal Cave is always fun to go and explore.

Korriban is also a great place to go, the whole concept behind your visit to this planet is what grips me; infiltrating the Sith academy and ultimately all of the tasks are fun to carry out. Even helping Yuthura and Uthar Wynn is enticing enough to keep you interested. Also who doesn't enjoy going through all of the Sith Lords tombs and finding really powerful items.

My least favourite would have to be Manaan, I liked the planet but the whole underwater sequence drove me insane. More specifically the ultra slow walking you can do when in the water, I mean I know why it was done; for more realism, but it got really boring really quick.
pluckyclown is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #78
Gorgod
Rookie

Current Game: Sex
I like pretty much all the planets, really. I could pick for K2, considering most of the planets were boring and dull. Manaan, Dantooine, Unknown World, Tatooine, Korriban are probably my top ones. My least favorites? Taris and Kashyyyk, even though I still like both- just a little less than the others.

Gorgod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #79
HockeyGoalie35
The New Leader

Current Game: DJ Starscream
Veteran Modder Folder extraordinaire Helpful! 
Love Korriban. inflitrating the Sith academy is.....stealthy. I like it. or you could be consumed in the Sith way of life and emerge as a Sith Lord. its probably one of the biggest crossroads in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoalie35 View Post
I wish I had some Combustable Lemons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =purifier View Post
Granted, but you accidently get blown up with that lemony smell and the
Pine-Sol woman appears out of nowhere and says: "That's the power of Pine-Sol, baby. "
HockeyGoalie35 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2011, 11:43 PM   #80
Querida
Lurker

Current Game: SWKOTOR
My faovirte is Dantooine & Teris.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me?
Anakin Skywalker: Don't say that Master... You're the closest thing I have to a father... I love you. I don't want to cause you pain.
Querida is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Your favorite planet in KotOR?