lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Is indoctrination of children child abuse?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-29-2011, 01:36 PM   #161
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
Hi. Welcome to the internet. You must be new here

Still the topic was about religious indoctrination. It should be no surprise that a debate on the legitimacy of religion came up. I was trying to deflect it a bit, because the reality is that IF their religion is right, it may be more abusive NOT to teach it. I don't claim any religion is right or wrong, merely that should it prove to be then warning of foretold consequences should not be labeled as abusive any more than warning of global warming's possible consequences(which happens at the education institutions around the world) should be considered abuse.
Hi. Thanks for that friendly and sincere welcome, TC.

Seriously, I just sensed we were looking to get bogged down...yet again...in the perenial age old LF spat about the existence of god, hence why I said tangential.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2011, 06:50 AM   #162
Jaevyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeniVidiVicous View Post
Peace? You do realise that there have been many wars started in the past over which religion was praising God the right way right?
When you say positive moral values which bible are you referring to? If (for example) you think what the old testament was proposing was good moral values then i'd strongly disagree. But I keep forgetting that the church can review their "Papal infallibility" and change their views to keep up with society whenever it suits them.

@ Topic: Yes, it is child abuse. If you're religious the decent thing to do would be to not poison your childs mind.
Are you aware that many wars were started by ambitious individuals who cared little for religion, and used it merely as an excuse to get what they wanted? And what is this about warning children about hell being child abuse? If I remember, a few years ago I was taught about the supposed "stranger danger", is that child abuse too?
Jaevyn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #163
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaevyn View Post
And what is this about warning children about hell being child abuse? If I remember, a few years ago I was taught about the supposed "stranger danger", is that child abuse too?
It can be scientifically proven that the number of strangers you talk to as a child has a direct correlation with your chances of getting abducted and sold off into the flesh trade, or worse. Hell, not so much.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2012, 06:00 AM   #164
Tyvark
Rookie

I have no problem with children growing up with religion.(Apart from baptism at birth). When people enter the adolescent stage of their lives they begin to think more critically about these sorts of things anyway. Some turn it away and some stick by it. It makes no difference in my eyes.
Tyvark is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #165
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
It most certainly makes a difference if the child is sent to a religious indoctrination center that is thinly disguised as a psychiatric facility and deliberately brainwashed into questioning their own sanity simply because they've begun to doubt the existence of the almighty sky fairy.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #166
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Rookie

Our wonderful civil dispute is forfeit. Well no use into getting on the bad sad of others right? Peace is now, may forever be.

www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant
Mass Effect Unification Released, click on our channel to get it!
TWINKEYRUNAWAY is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Kavar's Corner > Hot Topics > Is indoctrination of children child abuse?

Tags
abuse, child, god, religion