lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Scripting Installer [Nsis] [Noob Friendly]
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2011, 02:43 AM   #1
Nvenom
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor
Helpful! 
Scripting Installer [Nsis] [Noob Friendly]

* Original Thread *
-----

Before We Get Started id like to say Hi,

I know i have hardly any posts at the time of making this but trust me when i say i got plenty of experience in modding have done a little of everything but
Skinning is my primary Forte. I Will go through Step by Step very Detailed and without a giant wall of text!! i know its un-heard of in a scripting tutorial
this will Work for Everything, i will explain sending different Files to different locations in Segment 3

Want to see an Example of what im talking about First..
Check out my mod that i learned this for Nvenoms Custom Interface

Okay on with the Goods,

REASON:
Show spoiler

Just need 3 things
NSIShttp://nsis.sourceforge.net/Download our main Program
Notepad++http://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloadThis will help you keep up with Your Scripting and help you Conquer that wall of text i said i wasint going to create....
Last but not least a little tiny voice in Your head that says you can do this...

Now Dont go opening up Nsis just yet, First we are Going to make our Script.

Start up Notepad++ and begin a new File, Our Readme/License

Type what ever you want in it dosent have to be special can be something as simple as Hello World

Once You are done Save it on your DESKTOP as ReadLNew.nsi/// .NSI Make sure you save it as that

Now We Start our Scripting Open up another new txt in Notepad++ by using File> New in the top left ( Shouldint have to say this)

Start With
Show spoiler

Second Segment
Show spoiler

Third Segment
Show spoiler

Segment Four
Show spoiler

Segment Five
Show spoiler

Tips/Tricks Segment
Show spoiler

For Modders Wanting to Edit other Parts of Files!! As Qui-Gon Glenn informed me My Installer lacks a sense of editing .2da files and of other sorts that only TSL patcher can do.. Here is a workaround. Time for another Segment for you .2da editors *May seem pointless to some*
Show spoiler

In Final I Want to Say thanks for Reading and i really hope you got it, Without this my modding would have been pointless and far to complicated for anyone to want too bother with. *side note* One of the easiest Scripting languages i have ever try to learn XD

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 04-11-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Nvenom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Tutorials: General Tutorials + Tools > Scripting Installer [Nsis] [Noob Friendly]

Tags
guide, installer, nsis, nve, nvenom, script