lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Death of Padme
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-09-2008, 03:29 PM   #41
TripHammer

I guess to accept the story line, you have to accept the fact that a person can lose the will to live. If a person is close to death and pretty much can go either way (50/50 chance of living or dying).. does a person have the ability to just give up on life.. or do they survive based strictly on health reasons irregardless as to their depression?

I think a person can lose the will to "fight" for life. I think a person can tip the scales of survival if they have it in them to survive at all costs. Take that "will to survive" away and that 50/50 ratio can slant a bit...

TripHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #42
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

I agree, some people just don't fight others do, maybe to see something or experience something, not sure but they fight back and sometimes they win...

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2008, 06:59 AM   #43
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmorgy View Post
She died of a broken heart, but that's a pretty awful excuse for getting rid of a character. People don't fall over dead just because they don't feel like living anymore.

actually they do, if they've suffered intense emotional or physical stress. it's called 'stress cardiomyopathy' or 'broken heart syndrome'. it's actually quite common, happens a lot with older people. basically it weakens the heart muscles causing heart failure.
Sivy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #44
Relenzo2
Forumite

So one of the main characters is a victem of a complicated deseise known as stress cardiomyopathy? So, Star Wars is a medical drama.

"The beauty and genius of a work of film may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a vanished fiction may yet again inspire the screenplay-writer; but when the last individual of a race of living directors, of artists, breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again." -William Beebe, modified in memorial of the twentieth century

Su'cuy, vod, kar'laylirdarasuum me'suum!

Star Wars: The Plastic Director's Cut!
Relenzo2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #45
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
it's not a complicated disease... it a form of heart attack or heart failure brought about by some sort of trauma.
Sivy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2008, 01:38 PM   #46
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Here it goes...

House: Star Wars Edition.

That, or Padme has been listening to My Chemical Romance way too much.
When I Was... A Princess...
My Ani took me into the city...
To see a marching band...
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #47
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Only to choke and kill me!!!!

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2008, 01:00 PM   #48
Relenzo2
Forumite

You guys are geniuses. Forget the Clone Wars series, we need another alternate history!

"The beauty and genius of a work of film may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a vanished fiction may yet again inspire the screenplay-writer; but when the last individual of a race of living directors, of artists, breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again." -William Beebe, modified in memorial of the twentieth century

Su'cuy, vod, kar'laylirdarasuum me'suum!

Star Wars: The Plastic Director's Cut!
Relenzo2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 06:37 PM   #49
Galizien
Lurker

"An unmentionable disease carried by men and suffered by women"- Ellen Rimbauer

Galizien is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2008, 02:33 PM   #50
Djidara
Lurker

why are u trying to find realistic answer why she died?
star wars is not suppose to be realistic. this is story/saga/tail, call it what ever you want, and people die from heart break some times in things like this.
Djidara is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2008, 11:57 PM   #51
Maphisto86
Rookie

Even though it is not that big of a deal to me how Padme died, in one of the most recent Star Wars novels called Corucant Nights II: Streets of Shadows, Padme's cause of death was apparently a fractured hyoid bone among other things caused by Anakin's Force choke. Obviously the droids on Polis Massa did not know the cause of death because there was no visible signs of trauma and the truth was only revealed in a secret autopsy before the late senator's funeral.

Last edited by Maphisto86; 08-16-2008 at 01:19 AM.
Maphisto86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2008, 12:04 PM   #52
Juno Eclipse
Rookie

There is a SW book (I can't remember the name, but I could find out by digging through my room) that says Padme died from the shock of child birth with the combination of choking (Anakin).
Juno Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2008, 04:00 AM   #53
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
I guess in the end you could just say that Anakin was the reason...

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2008, 02:34 AM   #54
GwannaSauna
Rookie

Ugh - she reeked of bad actress-ism....

You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!
GwannaSauna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2008, 08:12 PM   #55
A Galaxy Foreseen
Rookie

She died because she lost the will to live, since she lost Anakin.

A Galaxy Foreseen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #56
K_Kinnison
Grey Lensman

Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! 
she died because it was more dramatic for the plot

Combination of:
Lover turning against her
Force choke
Childbirth
Plot
Bad acting

BOW DOWN BEFORE the Official Forum Pun-isher
Official XWA flight instructor
get busy with it!
K_Kinnison is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2008, 01:37 PM   #57
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaphisto86 View Post
Even though it is not that big of a deal to me how Padme died, in one of the most recent Star Wars novels called Corucant Nights II: Streets of Shadows, Padme's cause of death was apparently a fractured hyoid bone among other things caused by Anakin's Force choke. Obviously the droids on Polis Massa did not know the cause of death because there was no visible signs of trauma and the truth was only revealed in a secret autopsy before the late senator's funeral.
So Palpy speaks the truth, for once...

PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2008, 12:15 PM   #58
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Ah....plausible at least.

Those droids of course don't know what the Force does. Might explain why they couldn't find anything.
But still...you have 900 years of Jedi experience looking from the sideline. Why didn't Yoda know this?

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2008, 01:14 PM   #59
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I think it would've been better overall if Luke and Leia had been born before the confrontation on Mustafar, and if Padme was killed outright by the Force grip. I'm not sure where Lucas got the idea that this obscure "will to live" business would be better than the alternative, and I've no idea what he was trying to imply with it.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #60
Gerevick
Rookie

LF Jester 
In my opinion, Padme was so traumatized by Anakin´s turn to the dark side, she didn´t feel like living anymore.

I was most disappointed in Padme for choosing to pass away in the manner she did. I believe she should have decided to live and opposed Vader. If Padme was as devoted to her ideals as we had seen, she shouldn´t have broken so easily. So many possibilities, cinematic and literary died with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaphisto86 View Post
This truth is too simplistic to be the real one. Surely the medical droids wouldn´t have been so inefficient as to not perform a full physical examination of Padme. The author of the novel did not understand how Padme could have died because of a more complex reason.

I fought on the battlefield. I retired to embrace a life of discovery and profit. I carve my own path in life and am better for it.
Gerevick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #61
Klw
Rookie

My theory is that their souls were linked by the force so that when Anakin cut that link, her soul left her body, killing her. Or maybe she was a secret force-sensitive and her mental anguish caused the midichlorians in her own body to shut it down.

Just kidding. You know it's not that complex. She just lost the will to live.
Klw is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2011, 04:42 AM   #62
Gerevick
Rookie

LF Jester 
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klw View Post
My theory is that their souls were linked by the force so that when Anakin cut that link, her soul left her body, killing her. Or maybe she was a secret force-sensitive and her mental anguish caused the midichlorians in her own body to shut it down.

Just kidding. You know it's not that complex. She just lost the will to live.
This reply bears much thought. You were most foolish to deny it at the end. If such an idea was so implausible, then you should not have written anything in the first place. If the moderators are seasoned they will delete the last line of your otherwise insightful and well considered reply.

I fought on the battlefield. I retired to embrace a life of discovery and profit. I carve my own path in life and am better for it.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #63
noizer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno Eclipse View Post
There is a SW book (I can't remember the name, but I could find out by digging through my room) that says Padme died from the shock of child birth with the combination of choking (Anakin).
sounds like a reasonable explenation to me

noizer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #64
SITH LORD 872

Current Game: KOTOR 1
I agree with everyone else, About her dying of a broken heart, But lets not forget the both of them had to secretly marry then hide it all those years, Then the news of having a baby, I think it become too much for her!!

SITH LORD 872 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2011, 09:20 AM   #65
LordVader1
Banned

Current Game: The Force Unleashed
I hated Padme Anyways
LordVader1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #66
Gerevick
Rookie

LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVader1 View Post
I hated Padme Anyways
I thought Padme should have been strong enough not to break down in tears before Anakin choked her. I always felt very uncomfortable to watch her express such a fragrant lack of regard for her own person. Padme flaunted a terrible weakness before Anakin, when before she had always shown nothing less than an indomitable strength, in the face of any adversity. How she pleaded with Anakin and threw herself into such a saddened state was most unsettling.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #67
SITH LORD 872

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerevick View Post
I thought Padme should have been strong enough not to break down in tears before Anakin choked her. I always felt very uncomfortable to watch her express such a fragrant lack of regard for her own person. Padme flaunted a terrible weakness before Anakin, when before she had always shown nothing less than an indomitable strength, in the face of any adversity. How she pleaded with Anakin and threw herself into such a saddened state was most unsettling.

With out those emotions, we would have never seen what really drove him to the dark side, Pure anger and lust for power, By her showing weakness he had no use for her!!

Old 04-30-2011, 05:53 PM   #68
noizer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SITH LORD 872 View Post
With out those emotions, we would have never seen what really drove him to the dark side, Pure anger and lust for power, By her showing weakness he had no use for her!!
verry intresting argument.

noizer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #69
cafiwam
Rookie

Whatever the reason I can't except that she "lost the will to live". I mean here she was giving birth to two children (shouldn't that be enough of a reason to survive) and she decides "I can't go on living anymore, I'm going to leave my son and daughter to grow up not knowing their true parents." Kinda of a selfish way to go out if that was her intention.
cafiwam is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2011, 01:13 AM   #70
SITH LORD 872

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafiwam View Post
Whatever the reason I can't except that she "lost the will to live". I mean here she was giving birth to two children (shouldn't that be enough of a reason to survive) and she decides "I can't go on living anymore, I'm going to leave my son and daughter to grow up not knowing their true parents." Kinda of a selfish way to go out if that was her intention.
Yeah i didn't care for her ending either, I'm sure they could have wrote a better plot surrounding her!!

Old 05-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #71
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
I always thought the "died of a broken heart" thing was a bit of a corny excuse...
Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Death of Padme