lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Jabba's Slave Dancer...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #41
cafiwam
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SITH LORD 872 View Post
I really hope they do come out with a series, Based around certain characters, It couldn't be any worse than whats on the SyFy channel, Stargate SG1, Battlestar Galactica, Etc!!
Agreed. I'd much rather have a live-action show than the Clone Wars series. We'll see if Lucas ever gets around to it considering he's working on releasing the original films in 3d and keeping the show on cartoon network going.
cafiwam is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #42
SITH LORD 872

Current Game: KOTOR 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafiwam View Post
Agreed. I'd much rather have a live-action show than the Clone Wars series. We'll see if Lucas ever gets around to it considering he's working on releasing the original films in 3d and keeping the show on cartoon network going.

We can only, But do you think it's necessary to make them in 3D, I mean it may ruin it?

SITH LORD 872 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2011, 02:04 AM   #43
cafiwam
Rookie

Quote:
We can only, But do you think it's necessary to make them in 3D, I mean it may ruin it?
I don't know why Lucas has decided to go back and do them in 3d. Most likely its about trying to get as much money out of the franchise as possible, but as we've seen with "Clash of the Titans" , if you try to convert something that was filmed in 3d it doesn't look as good. I would rather he left them alone because, like you said it might ruin them, but it's Lucas's property. We'll see.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:47 AM   #44
SITH LORD 872

Lets just hope he doesn't let us down, You're right it's his property, but it's his reputation on the line also, If he screws up, a lot of fans will lose interest in the franchise!!

Old 04-24-2011, 10:51 AM   #45
hezekiaah
Rookie

True - the only problem is Lucas' reputation has been on the line for a while and still has seemed to screw things up (in my opinion at least). But hopefully he'll improve.

As for your previous comments - I never suspected her chain was locked into the dais when she was dancing...I figured Jabba had unhooked it and was holding it? It seemed like it at least - same thing with Leia. Then it would make sense for her to escape. But you could definitely be right.

Thanks for the website as well - interesting interview. It's interesting she says she only did the 2 scenes...I swear I saw a picture recently where it looks like 3PO is talking to Oola on the set...but maybe that was a snapshot between takes or something.
hezekiaah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2011, 01:17 PM   #46
cafiwam
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hezekiaah View Post
As for your previous comments - I never suspected her chain was locked into the dais when she was dancing...I figured Jabba had unhooked it and was holding it? It seemed like it at least - same thing with Leia. Then it would make sense for her to escape. But you could definitely be right.

Thanks for the website as well - interesting interview. It's interesting she says she only did the 2 scenes...I swear I saw a picture recently where it looks like 3PO is talking to Oola on the set...but maybe that was a snapshot between takes or something.
Remember Leia was only able to escape after r2 cut her chain. If it wasn't locked she could have just pulled it from Jabba and ran.

As for the picture your referring to, I've seen it as well. Here it is:

http://s940.photobucket.com/albums/a...ent=p465eh.jpg

I believe this picture was taken as promotional image for the movie that was rarely used. It was never intended to be part of the film. It is interesting though, because Oola does talk to Threepio in "Oola's Tale" from "Tales from Jabba's Palace. Perhaps Lucas had some ideas and perhaps had a sort of dress rehearsal without actually filming to see how it looked before deciding to scrap the scene and focus on filming on the other 2 she was in. This would be a great question to ask either Lucas or Femi.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:00 PM   #47
SITH LORD 872

Quote:
True - the only problem is Lucas' reputation has been on the line for a while and still has seemed to screw things up (in my opinion at least). But hopefully he'll improve.

You're right i found the same pic online, In between takes, She said she talked to Anthony Daniels, along with some other cast members, Just from reading her interview, she seemed really down to earth.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #48
cafiwam
Rookie

Quote:
You're right i found the same pic online, In between takes, She said she talked to Anthony Daniels, along with some other cast members, Just from reading her interview, she seemed really down to earth.
Ah, so it was just a snapshot from between scenes. Good catch
Old 04-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #49
SITH LORD 872

Quote:
Ah, so it was just a snapshot from between scenes. Good catch
No prob!

Old 04-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #50
hezekiaah
Rookie

Thanks for the good point Cafiwam, yeah it'd have been difficult for Leia to strangle Jabba with her chain if it wasn't somehow hooked into the dais as well - I just thought that was a movie mistake. Does make the idea of Oola escaping a big silly then if she knew she couldn't pull her chain away. Don't know why she was yanking so much on it then - probably just not thinking in the moment.

Also, doubly good catch/point Sith Lord; as cool an additional scene as that would be, you're probably right in and that it was just a between-take thing and not filmed. Makes sense.
hezekiaah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #51
SITH LORD 872

Quote:
Thanks for the good point Cafiwam, yeah it'd have been difficult for Leia to strangle Jabba with her chain if it wasn't somehow hooked into the dais as well - I just thought that was a movie mistake. Does make the idea of Oola escaping a big silly then if she knew she couldn't pull her chain away. Don't know why she was yanking so much on it then - probably just not thinking in the moment.

Also, doubly good catch/point Sith Lord; as cool an additional scene as that would be, you're probably right in and that it was just a between-take thing and not filmed. Makes sense.
Thanks, Yup it was in between takes for the special edition shooting, They used Femi Taylor again for Oola, Because she hadn't really changed much, I will post up the interview for everyone to read!!

Old 04-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #52
cafiwam
Rookie

Quote:
I think you've already provided an explanation for this in an earlier post. Since Jabba was a puppet it wasn't really feasible for him to be pulling Oola around, so Femi had to do all the action herself pretending to have a violent tug of war with the hutt. So it looks like she's the one yanking on the chain while Jabba is just sitting there more likely out of inability to do it any differently. If it was done intentionally it was to show how horrible his plans for her were and just how frightened and digusted she was. My bets are on the first explanation though.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #53
SITH LORD 872

Quote:
I think you've already provided an explanation for this in an earlier post. Since Jabba was a puppet it wasn't really feasible for him to be pulling Oola around, so Femi had to do all the action herself pretending to have a violent tug of war with the hutt. So it looks like she's the one yanking on the chain while Jabba is just sitting there more likely out of inability to do it any differently. If it was done intentionally it was to show how horrible his plans for her were and just how frightened and digusted she was. My bets are on the first explanation though.
Regardless of reason she still became Rancor chow, Gosh i really miss her LOL!

Old 04-25-2011, 12:05 AM   #54
cafiwam
Rookie

Quote:
Regardless of reason she still became Rancor chow, Gosh i really miss her LOL!
Same here. For a character that only was on the screen for a few minutes, she is one of my favorites.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:07 AM   #55
SITH LORD 872

This interview explains the original story of her, Enjoy!!

http://www.theforce.net/jedicouncil/...femitaylor.asp

Old 08-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #56
joesdomain
The Emperor

Current Game: The Force Unleashed
oola is my favorite star wars character in the original trilogy. I personally think she looks hot. I saw a recent photo of Femi Taylor, Oola, at a convention and she still looks great! I just wish I had the guts to go up at Celebration III in Indy and ask for an autograph. I was so afraid I would say something stupid like " I Love You" or something! LOL! Plus my mom and younger brother were beside me!

"You Rebel Scum"

"Wipe them out, all of them"
joesdomain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #57
Klw
Rookie

I couldn't remember the scene with Oola so I read a few posts on this thread thinking that you were all talking about Sy Snootles! Pretty strange experience.

Now do the male Twi'leks prefer the ones with the largest brain-tails?
Klw is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #58
Lord B@nE
Rookie

Jabba was going to give Oola a little dirty tounge licking and she prolly got freaked out by the size of that thing so jabba got pissed and disposed her to the racor like the hutt pimp he is.
Lord B@nE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Original Trilogy > Jabba's Slave Dancer...