lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Hey fanboys! George Lucas says STFU.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #41
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative Sun View Post
Agreed, the people who criticise it probably have never seen more than the movie or a few episodes, season 2 was amazing
I've seen every episode, (Why I have no idea) I guess because I'm a Star Wars freak, but it is not a Good Show, and the so-so episodes do not make up for the terrible Story decisions and Kiddie nature (I dont care, Politics and Murder do not suddenly make it for Adults).

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #42
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
And the latest episode was great, too.
Agreed. After a good second season and mediocre too poor 1/2 half of season three, the last episode looks to be setting up a fun arc.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #43
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I haven’t seen every episode of the Clone Wars, but I have watched the first two seasons on blu-ray and while not necessarily the greatest television I have been entertained. I still say even bad Star Wars is better than 90% of the other crap that passes for television shows today.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #44
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Although the first half of season three was disappointing, the first three episodes were quite good, actually.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #45
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gιygαs View Post
Really? What movie(s)? What line(s)?
I'm not going to bother looking up if there are more, but in Empire after R2 is spit out of the monster on Dagobah Mark Hamill tells him he's lucky he doesn't taste very good as an adlib, instead of reading a simpler line Lucas had written that he's lucky he got out of there. Switching it back to what he originally wrote although not a huge deal in the whole scheme of what he's done to the them is just incredibly petty. Lucas today possesses the maturity of a bloated 4 year old.

Quote:
Agreed, the people who criticise it probably have never seen more than the movie or a few episodes, season 2 was amazing
The only good thing the series has accomplished was making Karen Traviss ragequit Star Wars.
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #46
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
OK I want whatever you're taking.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2011, 02:30 PM   #47
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Haters will hate

The latest arc on Clone Wars is great (the Night Sisters).. maybe now people will "get" why I made the wielder in my darksword mod so powerful

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #48
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post
Haters will hate
True. There are many valid criticisms, but I think TCW has many strong points as well.

Old 01-22-2011, 05:21 AM   #49
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
OK I want whatever you're taking.
A dose of reality maybe?

I can't be bothered to quote whoever said it was too kiddie like, IT IS A CARTOON FOR CHILDREN! IT GETS AIRED ON CARTOON NETWORK! Where it consistently enjoys very high ratings and has been said by CN themselves to be their most successful show ever, so it must be doing something right to appeal to its target audience no?

I know commercial success doesn't always translate into high quality, but comments about it being to much for kids or not complex enough or whatever are a bit ironic seeing it IS a show for kids...If you can't get into that frame of mind you might as well watch the OT and go "oh well this could never happen, that sucks so bad it's so unrealistic"

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #50
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
I can't be bothered to quote whoever said it was too kiddie like, IT IS A CARTOON FOR CHILDREN! IT GETS AIRED ON CARTOON NETWORK!
The irony is that some of the people who raise that "argument" are actually very supportive over the previous Clone Wars micro-series.

But I agree with you.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #51
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
The irony is that some of the people who raise that "argument" are actually very supportive over the previous Clone Wars micro-series.
How is that irony?

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #52
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
How is that irony?
Thre previous series aired on Cartoon Network too.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #53
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Well yeah, but I don't really know anyone who'd say that they liked the mini-series and hate TCW for being on Cartoon Network.

(P.S. That wouldn't be irony, that would be double standards)

Old 01-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #54
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Isn't it ironic that the song "Isn't it ironic" doesn't reference anything ionic?

nitpick alert
Sabre: That would be hypocritical.

And honestly, as for Cartoon Network, they have quite a few shows that are "Cartoons" but for adult audiences. Heck even their kid shows to an extent have some adult references. People call TCW a kid's show, do so because of the way the story lines they saw went. Nobody I know who disliked TCW called it a kid show for being on CN.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #55
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
Sabre: That would be hypocritical.

Not Really, Hypocritical would be to Say you hate it and spend time on here explaining its failures, while actually eagerly watching every week and enjoying it.

I dislike it because its an already covered ere, a MASSIVELY over used era, and they make changes to pre established material for no other reason than "That they can", and the retcon is never as good as the old material (up to now).

The Animation is very well done, the production is A1... It's just old news in a new Jacket.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #56
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
A dose of reality maybe?
Ok, it's definitely something in the tap water.

Quote:
I can't be bothered to quote whoever said it was too kiddie like, IT IS A CARTOON FOR CHILDREN! IT GETS AIRED ON CARTOON NETWORK! Where it consistently enjoys very high ratings and has been said by CN themselves to be their most successful show ever, so it must be doing something right to appeal to its target audience no?
It's doing everything right as far as commercializing goes, which is undeniable. It is dead to me b/c it beats on a dead horse as far as overuse goes for this era. As was mentioned by adamqd above the series seems to take for granted its own merit and is now changing established material. I wonder how long it will be before it changes the very fabric of what it was based upon all in exchange for more money. Once it contradicts its own existence, we will be seeing curtains. How much can one continue to squeeze blood from stones?

Lke the old saying: "It's the principle of the thing!"

For its own sake the SW label as whole needs to either expand or gold plate itself and put itself away on a trophy shelf before it's too late and forever dooms itself to obscurity.

One idea is to pull a Marvel/DC/etc. move like alternate universe, rather than continue to 'Canonize' every little thing into the original and making discontinuities galore.
(Uncle George are you listening? Look at what Marvel and DC have done to reinvent itself to stay relevant!!!)

Quote:
I know commercial success doesn't always translate into high quality, you might as well watch the OT and go "oh well this could never happen, that sucks so bad it's so unrealistic"
I'm not bemoaning it for being a kids show, I'm bemoaning it for cheapening the SW saga as a whole. There's a distinct difference between wanting to maintain dignity and just complaining "it's too much for kids".

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2011, 01:13 AM   #57
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
True. There are many valid criticisms, but I think TCW has many strong points as well.
Agreed. TCW has some corny bits, and some episodes are better than others.. but I'm loving it personally.

Next arc is involving Ahsoka.. hopefully they'll flesh her out a bit more. Seems to be better as she hasn't been so "Skyguy" lately (thank gawdz) and they've started putting her in more serious scenarios.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:30 AM   #58
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Ok, it's definitely something in the tap water.

It's doing everything right as far as commercializing goes, which is undeniable. It is dead to me b/c it beats on a dead horse as far as overuse goes for this era. As was mentioned by adamqd above the series seems to take for granted its own merit and is now changing established material. I wonder how long it will be before it changes the very fabric of what it was based upon all in exchange for more money. Once it contradicts its own existence, we will be seeing curtains. How much can one continue to squeeze blood from stones?

Lke the old saying: "It's the principle of the thing!"

For its own sake the SW label as whole needs to either expand or gold plate itself and put itself away on a trophy shelf before it's too late and forever dooms itself to obscurity.

One idea is to pull a Marvel/DC/etc. move like alternate universe, rather than continue to 'Canonize' every little thing into the original and making discontinuities galore.
(Uncle George are you listening? Look at what Marvel and DC have done to reinvent itself to stay relevant!!!)

I'm not bemoaning it for being a kids show, I'm bemoaning it for cheapening the SW saga as a whole. There's a distinct difference between wanting to maintain dignity and just complaining "it's too much for kids".
I have a ten year old cousin, would you like to explain to him why Clone Wars sucks using above reasoning?

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2011, 04:37 AM   #59
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

I see what your saying Neg, But my feelings about Clone Wars are my feelings, not that of a Child I care for... a lot of people say this too, a guy I know said "Yea Clone Wars is kinda childish and repetitive, but it lets me and my Kids spend quality time together". Thats a beautiful scene, but not a good enough reason to champion it

Old 01-24-2011, 05:26 AM   #60
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
I have a ten year old cousin, would you like to explain to him why Clone Wars sucks using above reasoning?
Phantom Menace used to be my favourite film when I was 10 years old

Old 01-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #61
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
I see what your saying Neg, But my feelings about Clone Wars are my feelings, not that of a Child I care for... a lot of people say this too, a guy I know said "Yea Clone Wars is kinda childish and repetitive, but it lets me and my Kids spend quality time together". Thats a beautiful scene, but not a good enough reason to champion it
I agree. There are more valid points to watch TCW.

Quote:
It's still my favourite of the prequels.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #62
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post
Agreed. TCW has some corny bits, and some episodes are better than others.. but I'm loving it personally.
They have ditched much of the corning stuff that was so prevalent in the first season. Gone are the slapstick droids, extreme immature Ashoka, and so on. The second half of season 3 has been much darker so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd
It's still my favourite of the prequels.
It certainly has elements that are of my favorites of the prequels, and hell the whole saga. Kenobi/Jinn/Maul fight, opening with Jinn and Kenobi fighting the battle droids, and basically Jinn in general all rock in my book.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #63
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Who cares?
I do.
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2011, 11:01 PM   #64
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
I'm going to have to give it points for originality, the other two prequels have all of it's faults, and in the place of what it had going for it they substitute ****ty tribute moments and pointless action.
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2011, 06:14 PM   #65
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
More news coming up...

Old 04-29-2011, 09:13 PM   #66
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Oh man...

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #67
Primogen

Current Game: The Witcher
...who cares?

Seriously, who gives a flying sack of wookiee turds, unless he replaced Chewbacca with a Catgirl and turned Luke into a busty blonde woman?

The Crown of Albion, an Arthurian Mythology RP
Dark Age of the Republic, a Star Wars RP
Primogen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #68
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Btw Primogen, I haven't said this to you yet and I think now is the best time to say this...

Welcome to Star Wars Knights.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #69
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primogen View Post
...who cares?

I care.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #70
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Quote:
Show spoiler

I care.
HAH!

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2011, 09:49 PM   #71
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Quote:

I care.
LOL! Badge-worthy! ouch.. my sides are hurting

Old 04-30-2011, 01:05 AM   #72
Primogen

Current Game: The Witcher
Of course, if he replaced Chewbacca with a catgirl, it wouldn't really change much. Except make Han look like a pimp instead of a guy who hangs out with a bipedal carpet that can't speak.

The Crown of Albion, an Arthurian Mythology RP
Dark Age of the Republic, a Star Wars RP
Primogen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2011, 02:34 AM   #73
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primogen View Post
Of course, if he replaced Chewbacca with a catgirl, it wouldn't really change much. Except make Han look like a pimp instead of a guy who hangs out with a bipedal carpet that can't speak.
He can't speak your language = he can't speak?

Old 04-30-2011, 04:03 AM   #74
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Ahsoka has been digitally inserted in place of Alec Guinness, as luke's mentor throughout the Films...

Old 04-30-2011, 07:32 AM   #75
mstr kenobi
Rookie

Quote:
He can't speak your language = he can't speak?
A lil bit off-topic, but the fact that people (i mean the characters) understand what the Wookies are saying is simply ludicrous, Chewie for example just does emotional inflections, and people, not just Han Solo, answer him directly... seriously???

Hearing all those angry growwws on Kashyyk was my low point in KOTOR.

Quote:
Ahsoka has been digitally inserted in place of Alec Guinness, as luke's mentor throughout the Films...
Lots of fans on suicide watch now...
mstr kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2011, 08:56 AM   #76
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstr kenobi View Post
A lil bit off-topic, but the fact that people (i mean the characters) understand what the Wookies are saying is simply ludicrous, Chewie for example just does emotional inflections, and people, not just Han Solo, answer him directly... seriously???
Do you have a list of stuff you find ludicrous in Star Wars? If so, how do the following rank? :
- a force field that can be manipulated by individuals into generating lightning, moving objects telekinetically, choking people and sensing distant phenomenon.
- Laser weapons that seem to shoot projectiles slower than ballistic weapons.
- A laser sword that can deflect other laser shots.
- A space station designed in such a way that a guided torpedo can blow it entirely to bits.
- Droids that move with the flexibility of a mannequin, used by civilizations that have mastered hyperspace travel, holograms, perfect prosthetics and other scientific feats.

tl;dr Star Wars is ludicrous.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #77
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstr kenobi View Post
Chewie for example just does emotional inflections,
How do you know they are "just" emotional inflections? Dogs do the same thing, but who's to say that their growls are meaningless?

And Sabretooth makes a good point. No need for double standards.

P.S: Thanks for the badge, ChAiNz.2da.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #78
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

@ mstr kenobi: I can understand how Han can get what Chewies saying because I happen to do a similar thing with my parents.

I speak English and can't speak Hindi, but I can understand it even though I don't actually conciously know what any given word means as its being spoken. When I hear Hindi, I kind of just *know* what's being said despite having the lack of understanding for the language.

Ask me to translate what they're saying on the other hand and I'll end up giving you a round about impression rather than a straight translation... simply because I can't.

People who are more adept at learning languages can end up learning other languages just by observing people speak a particular language, the way its used, the context, grammar, etc... It's not very difficult for people to do this, it's just not the forte of everyone.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #79
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Dogs do the same thing, but who's to say that their growls are meaningless?
The house not being filled up with dog poop tells me that my mother can at least understand when ratdog wants to go outside.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #80
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-Ray

As originally mentioned in this Ahto thread started by mimartin, all six SW movies will be released on Blu-Ray in the latter part of 2011. I just got an email from starwars.com and it looks like the marketing campaign for this is going to kick off on Wednesday May 4.

Excited yet?

EDIT: Hmmm... Maybe I should have posted this in Prime's "Hey fanboys! George Lucas says STFU" thread? The title throws me off though.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Last edited by Char Ell; 04-30-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Hey fanboys! George Lucas says STFU.

Tags
blu-ray, lucasfilm, star wars movies