lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Floating Eyes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-14-2011, 06:48 AM   #1
Kelvin
Rookie

Unhappy Floating Eyes

Well, i modified darth sion's head en everything looks ok but one thing... The eyes appear on the forehead!!!, i think it is becase i moved down the eye socket... but.. how can i put the eyes where they should be!!?
Kelvin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
Bob Ta'aar
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR, KotOR2:TSLRCM
they have the right position in gmax and you used taina's replacer-tool to convert the files for the game, I assume?

well, head-models are a damn tricky thing. taina's replacer can only handel simple vertex-movements, but no movements of helpers and such things (dunno about animations).
to get such stuff changed, you have to use mdlops to recompile the mdl and mdx files. but if you do that with a head-model, it'll float on the shoulder rather than be attached to the neck.
the only way to get that fixed, is a naaaaasty hex-edit guessing-game which only a few modders ever managed to do a handful of times, afaik.

I started modding KotOR(2)!
May the Force be with ya, folks!
Bob Ta'aar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
Kelvin
Rookie

Hex editing... Wonderful....
Well, at least now i know what was happening....
Kelvin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Floating Eyes

Tags
eye socket, eyes, floating, forehead, sion