lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Missed Mission, the Wookiee, and the Droids
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
joshua_kotc
Rookie

Missed Mission, the Wookiee, and the Droids

Somehow as I progressed through the game, I didn't team up with Mission, Zaalbar, HK-47, or T3-M4. I'm not sure what I did wrong. Anyone ever have this happen?
joshua_kotc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
No.

Frankly, I have no idea how you got anywhere in the game without those characters.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
joshua_kotc
Rookie

Well on Kashyyyk, Zaalbar came in as part of the story even though he wasn't in my party. He was held prisoner and helped set the Wookiees free, then disappeared again. So now I'm past all that; I know HK-47 doesn't join the party until Tatooine, which I saved for last, but after the space battle upon leaving the Leviathan, I can't go anywhere or do anything. I'm just drifting in the Ebon Hawk with my not-quite-full party.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
Q
The one who knocks

You should never have been able to leave Taris without Mission, Zaalbar and T3-M4. Are you using some sort of mod?

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Old 06-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
joshua_kotc
Rookie

No. I saw Mission and Zaalbar, but I guess said the wrong thing on one of the "choose your own adventure" conversations and they walked away. T3 I went back to buy after I saved Bastila. I escaped the planet and never had them in my party.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
joshua_kotc
Rookie

*never went back to buy*
Old 06-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
Q
The one who knocks

How did you get into the Vulkar base without Mission?

How did you get into the Sith Base without T3?

What you're saying is impossible without using a mod.

-Toker
Old 06-23-2011, 10:08 PM   #8
joshua_kotc
Rookie

Must not be impossible since it happened.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:11 AM   #9
Q
The one who knocks

Your game install must be seriously borked.

OK, reinstall the game. If you're using Vista or 7, please do so according to the large-print instructions at the top of the second post in this thread, then go to Holowan Labs and find a savegame that approximates your game, mod the player character to your liking with KSE and go from there.

-Toker
Old 06-24-2011, 09:20 AM   #10
joshua_kotc
Rookie

I have it through Steam. I don't know if that makes a difference.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #11
joshua_kotc
Rookie

Also, I have good ol' XP still.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #12
Q
The one who knocks

Then you don't have to worry about following any special installation instructions, but you'll definitely want to reinstall the game.

If you're wondering what KSE is, it's the KotOR Savegame Editor, available here.

-Toker
Old 06-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #13
Sithspecter
Big things are coming...

Current Game: Mechwarrior II: Mercenaries
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder LFN Staff Member 
I know that this can happen sometimes if you cheat. For instance, if you set your intelligence and security skill to 99, you can unlock doors that are "Impossible" to unlock. Also, if you are using turbo, it is possible to bypass triggers to important conversations.

My guess is that you just used your 99 security skill to unlock the Vulkar base and everything else, and in the process inadvertently bypassed your party characters.

Last edited by Sithspecter; 06-25-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Sithspecter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #14
joshua_kotc
Rookie

Ah, it's from using a cheat! I didn't realize how I screwed myself. Why do the cheats exist then? Dad gum!
Old 06-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #15
Sithspecter
Big things are coming...

Current Game: Mechwarrior II: Mercenaries
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder LFN Staff Member 
Well, they are okay, as long as you don't use them to bypass necessary points in the game Probably what you are going to have to do is just start a new game, cheats should be fine, just don't set an insanely high security skill for anybody, and be careful what security doors you unlock. You can still bypass certain parts, but make sure you get all your party members! And save in multiple files, that way if you mess up, you can re-load an earlier one.

Sithspecter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > The Work Bench > Missed Mission, the Wookiee, and the Droids