lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: What is you favourite level?
Trade Federation Ship 2 11.11%
Swamps of Naboo 0 0%
Otoh Gunga 0 0%
Gardens of Theed 4 22.22%
Escape From Theed 1 5.56%
Mos Espa 4 22.22%
Mos Espa Arena 4 22.22%
Encounter in the Desert 0 0%
Coruscant 2 11.11%
Assault on Theed 0 0%
The Final Battle 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Levels and locations
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-12-2011, 01:04 AM   #41
Landmaster13
Rookie

Current Game: Rogue Squadron
Yet again the bane of games had struck...time constraints. Well, at least we can alway dream of what could have been.

"God himself could not sink this ship."

What does it do? It sinks.
Landmaster13 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #42
bulsey86
Rookie

Current Game: Portal 2
I loved Mos Espa - it always seemed like there was so much to do and so many ways to do it. I had a different experience every time I played it.

I always remember Tomo's mother (the boy kidnapped by Captian Neg) sinking into the ground any time I spoke to her. TPM has legendary graphical glitches!

IT'S A TRAP!
Your Tongues Can't Repel Flavor Of That Magnitude!
bulsey86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #43
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulsey86 View Post
I always remember Tomo's mother (the boy kidnapped by Captian Neg) sinking into the ground any time I spoke to her. TPM has legendary graphical glitches!
Ah, I thought I was the only one who had that glitch. It was either him or his mother, sinking into the ground.

By the way, feel free to post some pictures of your favourite places of the game.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2011, 04:38 AM   #44
bulsey86
Rookie

A few snaps of my favourite level.

Bad idea to sit on quicksand:

IT'S A TRAP!
Old 06-28-2011, 07:18 AM   #45
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I see you don't have shadows. I can't have them either, nor laser/blaster marks. Hope to find a way to activate them...

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #46
bulsey86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
I see you don't have shadows. I can't have them either, nor laser/blaster marks. Hope to find a way to activate them...
Yeah - I've tried everything to sort them but it seems impossible on Windows 7. To be fair I have a 'retro' system I occasionally used to run legacy games so running them on 7 wasn't originally a huge issue, however the hassle of constant cable swapping for the sake of a few games was getting to me.

I'm going to try a glide wrapper, so hopefully that might help out with texture issues and the like. I've also got a voodoo 2 in the retro system so I could stick that in the 7 system and see how that goes. I'll post pictures if I have any success.

It would be great if a program like VMWare supported 3D acceleration for operating systems pre-XP. It would solve a huge amount of problems!

IT'S A TRAP!
Old 08-13-2011, 05:53 AM   #47
Landmaster13
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah - I've tried everything to sort them but it seems impossible on Windows 7. To be fair I have a 'retro' system I occasionally used to run legacy games so running them on 7 wasn't originally a huge issue, however the hassle of constant cable swapping for the sake of a few games was getting to me.
Hold on lads, the correct graphics seem to work on my system, and mine is a laptop with Windows 7...? Maybe it depends on the graphics card?

Old 08-13-2011, 06:05 AM   #48
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landmaster13 View Post
Hold on lads, the correct graphics seem to work on my system, and mine is a laptop with Windows 7...? Maybe it depends on the graphics card?
Do you have shadows, and blaster/saber marks on walls?

Old 08-13-2011, 11:01 AM   #49
Wildstar
Can outbowl most of you

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
It would be great if a program like VMWare supported 3D acceleration for operating systems pre-XP. It would solve a huge amount of problems!
WINE certainly does, and many Linux distros can now be installed on a USB thumb drive, and possibly the game, too.

Wildstar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2011, 02:49 AM   #50
Landmaster13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Do you have shadows, and blaster/saber marks on walls?
Sure does. Water ripples, blaster marks, (the good quality ones) lighsabre slice marks and I think shadows. If you need pictures for proof then just ask.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:24 AM   #51
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landmaster13 View Post
If you need pictures for proof then just ask.
No. I just need to know which graphic card you're using.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #52
Landmaster13
Rookie

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570.

There ya go.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #53
Duvigneau
Lurker

Mos Espa Arena. I loved that level for the hidden areas, like that Sandcrawler at the start with the Jawas in it, and inside the arena, the structures covered in the shadow. There's just something about that atmosphere that I really love.

The trading in Mos Espa was another aspect I really loved, but I hated it when some of the things bugged out; like that Matt Rags guy, sometimes you couldn't even start a conversation with him, and Barbo; I hated that guy when he wouldn't let me in the back :P

It's hard to choose the worst level, all have their own charm, but if I had to pick one it has to be Coruscant, that puzzle in the suburbs drove me crazy sometimes.
Duvigneau is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #54
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvigneau View Post
The trading in Mos Espa was another aspect I really loved, but I hated it when some of the things bugged out; like that Matt Rags guy, sometimes you couldn't even start a conversation with him,
That's not a bug. That character is scripted that way.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #55
PhantomModder
Lurker

Favorite level is Coruscant, least favorite is.... pff love them all

Coruscant mainly because of the slums and fancy lights in the market area
PhantomModder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #56
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
The problem I have with Coruscant is similar with Taris in Knights of the Old Republic. We spent most of the time on the ugliest parts of the level. But they both excel on the beautiful parts.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:19 AM   #57
NumberWan
Rookie

To tell the truth, there aren't any levels, that I don't like. But Gardens of Theed is actually the one I admire the most. I remember playing it for the first time - and it was there where I had this interesting felling, that Star Wars is not just Empire with grey-to-black walls, as well as a ruined "perfectly good city" of Barons Hed, but it is also a well-built city thriving with life, cultural marvels and jewels of art. As a kid I was amazed to see these white statues standing above trees next to brown metallic ships landing in the streets, and droids lurking from the many green labyrinths.

But I must say, that other levels were good as well. TF Ship was a good action and true to the film, the swamps were more of a philosophical journey, as you make your way through the forest. I guess everyone remembers the small "valley", when you have to move a "box" and music from Episode V can be heard then.

I really enjoyed Coruscant level, and as Alexrd mentioned - the CorusMall. It was a good thing to imagine, taking into account, that there was not so much info on what the planet actually were besides the Senate and being the Centre of the Galaxy. The Roonan traders are always good to see, but so far they made their appearance in no other game.
NumberWan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2012, 05:40 AM   #58
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberWan View Post
To tell the truth, there aren't any levels, that I don't like. But Gardens of Theed is actually the one I admire the most. I remember playing it for the first time - and it was there where I had this interesting felling, that Star Wars is not just Empire with grey-to-black walls, as well as a ruined "perfectly good city" of Barons Hed, but it is also a well-built city thriving with life, cultural marvels and jewels of art. As a kid I was amazed to see these white statues standing above trees next to brown metallic ships landing in the streets, and droids lurking from the many green labyrinths.

But I must say, that other levels were good as well. TF Ship was a good action and true to the film, the swamps were more of a philosophical journey, as you make your way through the forest. I guess everyone remembers the small "valley", when you have to move a "box" and music from Episode V can be heard then.
Well said.

Quote:
I really enjoyed Coruscant level, and as Alexrd mentioned - the CorusMall. It was a good thing to imagine, taking into account, that there was not so much info on what the planet actually were besides the Senate and being the Centre of the Galaxy.
It's not like it was anything useful, but it was nice to see how a small in-universe mall looks like.

Quote:
The Roonan traders are always good to see, but so far they made their appearance in no other game.
True, although the Roonan species did appear in The Phantom Menace and in a couple of episodes of The Clone Wars animated series:

Old 12-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #59
NumberWan
Rookie

Alexrd
True, Roonans did appear in the Clone Wars project, however it's not a game. =) There was a senator too, the one who liked that pie with an unusual fruit. However he was not voiced as interestingly as those traders in Corusmall. Their lines, which are a few, had charisma, character and perhaps more.

Before the game I never actually noticed them, though by that time I had seen Episode I. The voicing was so good, that I had no doubt - these humanoids did exist in Star Wars universe.
NumberWan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #60
florida
Rookie

Coruscant is a level I really enjoy. I remember when I first played it thinking how big and long it was. It was also a nice change after three levels in the desert to be back in civilization!

I generally cheat and play as one of the jedi, though. I just don't find the game as fun as Panaka or Amidala.
florida is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2014, 01:04 PM   #61
florida
Rookie

15 years after first getting the game - still able to discover new things!

Never realised until today that you can deflect gungan energy balls using your lightsaber, just like blaster shots!
florida is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > Episode I: The Phantom Menace > Levels and locations