lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Which of the "Classic" games would you want to be remade?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-22-2009, 01:26 AM   #41
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Remake everything! It would save Lucasarts from loosing their fanbase...
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2010, 10:01 AM   #42
bulsey86
Rookie

Current Game: Portal 2
This thread seems to be dead...

I would absolutely love Lucasarts to remake the dark forces / Jedi Knight series.

My personal favourite was Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight (and the Mysteries of the Sith expansion). Two games I can still play all the way through today without noticing how dated it looks - a testiment to the excellent level design and gameplay.

Do it!

IT'S A TRAP!
Your Tongues Can't Repel Flavor Of That Magnitude!
bulsey86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2010, 12:23 PM   #43
StarHero-D
Rookie

galatic battlegrounds needs to be remade

The Hero of the Galaxy

Filefront Name: uroll
StarHero-D is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #44
truJedi
Rookie

Return of the Jedi FOR SURE !!! but need to make luke look abit more ....powerful lol (kinda girly )

... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #45
swaaye

There's a Dark Forces mod for Jedi Academy that is pretty amazing to say the least. It only has the first 4 levels or something but they are great.

I don't know if today's LucasArts can be depended on to make a good game period.

If you want a remake of the old SNES games, that's just what The Force Unleashed reminded me of actually. Don't pay more than $5 for it though.
swaaye is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #46
bulsey86
Rookie

Current Game: Portal 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
I'd like to see Jedi Knight/Mysteries of the Sith remade.

On the following condition:

Gameplay remains unchanged. I mean the speeds, buttons, etc. be the same as the original Win95 versions.

- Otherwise everything else can be modernized (well, I say leave the cutscenes alone, unless LEC has some higher res versions of those FMV cutscenes lying around they want to re-encode and use, we can dream right?).

- Improved graphics. Probably shouldn't use the Q3 engine though, since the lighting model for JK/MotS was so good and never fully duplicated in JK2/JA.

- "FPS Enhancements" you know, the usual, like chasecams, customizable AI Bots, pure server option, demo recording, kick by numbers, rcon style administration, dedicated servers, enhanced netcode, higher number of players (16 was the max, and 32 was next to impossible, previously), etc.

- Control improvements. I said leave the controls the same, but they could improve support for multi-button mice, like being able to use my five button intellimouse optical with mouse wheel and map any button to any function. ; )

A nice console would be good too. And text/HUD that can be scaled appropriately according to user-taste and to the resolution used (JK/MotS both had a flaw that in higher res.. ie: anything over 800x600 the text and HUD got REALLY SMALL and hard to read). Plus the font used was too limited (too many symbols and letters looked alike). This should have been fixed.

Other key features: the 3-D overlay map has to stay!

If other enhancements are desired, drivable Speeder Bikes, and enemies that ride Kell Dragons and Speeder Bikes could be added in key places, as well as the ability to "kick" with secondary fire fists.

As far as MotS is concerned, the same stuff could apply (except kicking I guess), with bug fixes. An enhancement to add to this would be CTF, tailored specially for use with the "Personalities" classes or without.

But aside from all that, these would just be the same games with a facelift and better online support. Sort of like those Source Ports that have been released for games like Doom/2 & Duke Nukem 3-D.
----------------------------

Other than that, I'd love to see a revamped "Outlaws" game. Keep it the same, except make it full 3-D with modern graphics and add two important features to both Single and Multiplayer:

Dual Pistols

Ridable Horses (perhaps limiting some of the weapons you can use while in the saddle)
Exactly what he said.

IT'S A TRAP!
Your Tongues Can't Repel Flavor Of That Magnitude!
bulsey86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #47
Jamps

I think with the next-gen systems we have now, Racer would be an excellent game. With updated graphics and worldwide leaderboards, it would be perfect for Xbox Live. Maybe even design your own Pod?
Jamps is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #48
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Now with TPM 3D release, they could 'remake' both Podracer and TPM games.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2011, 03:07 PM   #49
Jamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Now with TPM 3D release, they could 'remake' both Podracer and TPM games.
Actually, that isn't farfetched at all. Knowing the Lucas camp, they're going to squeeze as much money out of it as possible.
Jamps is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 1. The HuB > The Cantina! > Which of the "Classic" games would you want to be remade?