Thread: Changing Classes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
Droideka7
Rookie

Changing Classes

Do you think you will be able to change classes in-game? For example, can jedi fall and sith be redeemed, or certain non-sith/jedi characters be found to have force potential and be trained as a sith or jedi?

I think it would be great if Bioware did this, it would add another good element to the game. After all, if you're stuck with being a jedi the whole game and you want to go sith you'd have to make an entirely new character...why not just turn to the darkside mid-game?

Thoughts?
Droideka7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #2
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I don't see it happening. You'll probably be stuck with what you start with. People would abuse it if it was put in the game unless there were some kind of limit.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
jrrtoken

If they do allow class changes, they'd probably follow those ridiculous name changing schemes that WoW employs. Like $10 is a real fair amount to compensate for the amount of (or lack thereof) effort that the administrator exerts to changing a value.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 12:46 AM   #4
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I don't see it happening. You'll probably be stuck with what you start with. People would abuse it if it was put in the game unless there were some kind of limit.
Hopefully you're right, Jeff.

If you want another class, make another character and start from the beginning.

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
glovemaster
Now-a-days GroovyCarrot

Current Game: No time for games, sadly
Helpful! 
Agreed, and it's more than likely. If you can just change your class it kinda ruins the story aspect of the game.

Quote:
Like $10 is a real fair amount to compensate for the amount of (or lack thereof) effort that the administrator exerts to changing a value.
I doubt its even a person...

If you're looking for any of the junk I did a few years ago; you can probably still find it all on filefront
glovemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 12:54 PM   #6
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
It'll be possible, though, for a Jedi to do dark deeds from within the Jedi faction, and for a Sith to do good deeds from within the Sith faction. At least, that's what BioWare promised. From what I gather, you'll be able to choose how you act, but changing class and therefore faction, won't happen.

As everyone else, I think changing your class wouldn't be good. The story you get depends on what class you picked. Would be strange to get a whole other story because you changed class.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2009, 04:13 PM   #7
Rathoris
Rookie

exactly. With the massive focus on class specific storylines it's not gonne happen. Period.
Rathoris is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #8
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Changing faction would be cool, but you should need to do something huge in-game.
The theme of redemption and changing sides is so common in KotOR that the inclusion of such an element would certainly be welcomed.
However, there might be design limitations to that and jumping ship multiple times is stupid, so I don't think it's going to happen.

Maybe they could allow it to be done once?

By the way, the name-changing or face changing thing from WoW costs money, in my view, not so much because Blizzard wants to rip off players, but as a real method of discouraging people from doing it multiple times. You could always have an in-game method of doing it, but lifeless people will just do it relatively easily. Make it too hard and it becomes pointless because so few will have access to it. So hit people in their wallets. Quite smart in fact. Those who really want to do it will pay the money, those who can't settle for one end up losing money for nothing.

And if someone comes to me and says ''it's just 5$'', I'm going to rip your head off. Try having a family and maintaining a hobby. 5$ is 5$. Money is money. Don't waste it.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2009, 05:17 AM   #9
glovemaster
Now-a-days GroovyCarrot

Current Game: No time for games, sadly
Helpful! 
I think changing faction would be good to have. The way SWG handled it was a "Points system" where if you kill an imperial trooper you get so many Rebel Faction Points, and lose so many Imperial Points. Sure it works but its not very interesting, especially when you have to kill about 500 just to get access to some gear you want...

I just hope Bioware will handle it differently.

If you're looking for any of the junk I did a few years ago; you can probably still find it all on filefront
glovemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2009, 07:02 PM   #10
FaZzZa99
Rookie

Changing classes/factions isn't going to be an option, but they may consider it for a future update when the game is live.
FaZzZa99 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2010, 10:14 AM   #11
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Well, i figure if your party members can betray you if they don't agree with your actions would indicate that you can change factions at least 1-2 during the game.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2011, 09:19 AM   #12
su27
Rookie

More interesting is if non-jedi can become jedi?
su27 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #13
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by su27 View Post
More interesting is if non-jedi can become jedi?
Uh, no, that's not going to happen. It'd defeat the purpose of having Jedi classes.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:31 AM   #14
su27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
Uh, no, that's not going to happen. It'd defeat the purpose of having Jedi classes.
Then Jedi/Sith should be prestige classes - earned after getting experience.
su27 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2011, 09:44 AM   #15
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

I think that's how it worked in Galaxies (though I've never played Galaxies except for a trial period). Regardless, Jedi and Sith aren't prestige classes in TOR.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #16
Lordjedi
Forumite

Current Game: Red Dead Redemption
No, you can't change classes or factions. However, you could be a Dark Jedi (which I plan to be) or a Light Sith.

My Mods
Jedi Replacement Robe|Combat Mandalorians| Darth Bandon Clothing Reskin|Party Member Reskins| Female Republic Solider Reskin|Enhanced Mira

"Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blaster warms up, meatbags. - HK-47
Lordjedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2011, 01:50 PM   #17
MajinMikeyX
Rookie

Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
Can you use a Jedi with dark side powers? If you can would there most likely be a penalty for using them as a Jedi like in KotOR? If you can't do these things, then I'm planning on being a mostly "Light Sith" like LordJedi said. You know, like a Sith redeeming himself or something, since in KotOR or TSL, I could hardly bring myself to be a darksider but always used the darkside powers.

"All too easy."
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Origin Worlds > Changing Classes