lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Nintendo in trouble?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Nintendo in trouble?

http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/842...certain-future

I don't believe this necessarily spells D O O M for Nintendo, but a shaky future is undeniable. I guess Adavardes really was onto something a little while back. I'll be damned.

Thoughts?

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2011, 05:25 AM   #2
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
lolno.

The GameCube was Nintendo's so-called "darkest hour" and even then they were profiting. This is a company that has been around for more than 100 years and in the few short decades that it has been a video game company it's always made a profit. Nintendo has NEVER been in trouble, ever... the closest they've been to DOOM is during World War II for obvious reasons.

All this "Nintendo is doomed" talk happens all the time and I don't really understand it.

To put things into perspective, out of the big three console manufacturers, they're the only ones to profit from making consoles. That and they're a company that has 0 debt and a lot of money in reserve.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2011, 06:37 AM   #3
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

It's because their body is always ready.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 

View page
YouTube Video

Old 07-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #5
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
I guess Adavardes really was onto something a little while back.
Speaking from experience, I suggest you don't let him hear you say that, or you'll never hear the end of it.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #6
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

That and he's wrong

Old 07-23-2011, 01:58 AM   #7
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
lolno.

Nintendo has NEVER been in trouble, ever... the closest they've been to DOOM is during World War II for obvious reasons.
*Crosses fingers nobody will make some ethnic joke about the Japanese like that one @**-holke senator*

Quote:
To put things into perspective, out of the big three console manufacturers, they're the only ones to profit from making consoles. That and they're a company that has 0 debt and a lot of money in reserve.
Well that's what I thought except I didn't want to just assume Nintendo was impervious.

To be fair, any hard time they are facing is probably also being felt by everyone else for the same reasons. That and their country is a mess from that power plant fiasco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Speaking from experience, I suggest you don't let him hear you say that, or you'll never hear the end of it.
Well...I have a "Didn't read lol." meme in case things get ugly.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2011, 02:21 AM   #8
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Well that's what I thought except I didn't want to just assume Nintendo was impervious.
Technically no company is impervious to anything, but out of all of the gaming companies, from console manufacturers, publishers, developers, etc. Nintendo has the strongest position because they're so shrewd.

Quote:
To be fair, any hard time they are facing is probably also being felt by everyone else for the same reasons. That and their country is a mess from that power plant fiasco.
Most likely, though from what I hear they were luckier than companies like Toshiba since they had no operations happening in those areas.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Nintendo in trouble?