lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Captain America: The First Avenger
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-07-2011, 04:21 AM   #1
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Captain America: The First Avenger

Seen during the Super Bowl tonight was the trailer for the new Captain America movie. I will admit to not being a comic book fan, but the trailer for the movie looks like it might have some promise to be half way decent. Thoughts?

View page
YouTube Video

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2011, 05:22 AM   #2
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Most people are more worried that Chris Evans has played two characters in the same franchise, than if the film will be any good lol, I think it looks promising

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2011, 05:28 AM   #3
JediAthos

I haven't been to the movies in awhile...who else did he play?

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

Old 02-07-2011, 05:49 AM   #4
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
He played The Human Torch in Fantastic Four, its the same with Ryan Reynolds too, He Played Hannibal King (Nightstalkers) in Blade Trinity, then Deadpool in Wolverine... He's also playing the Green Lantern but thats DC comics, not Marvel lol

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #5
JediAthos

Ahh okay...I saw the Fantastic Four movies, I didn't realize it was the same actor.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Ah the Cap. I wonder why nobody has gone to my Thor thread yet--I realize Natalie Portman wasn't the greatest actress but I would have thought that would be enough to get SW fans interested. lol

However I'm glad in some ways to see Chris Evans again. An avengers movie is sometime down the road I think.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #7
JediAthos

I think I also saw somewhere that there was an avengers movie planned...don't remember where though. It would be nice to see..provided it doesn't end up like the X-Men movies did.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #8
Adavardes

I'm getting a little tired of the Marvel movies. There are only so many super hero adaptations that I can take in the span of five years. Honestly.

It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built.
Adavardes is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #9
JediAthos

There have been a lot of them haven't there? but then Hollywood seems to not be capable of coming up with original ideas anymore given all the remakes that have come out in the last few years.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #10
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Iron man was really good, have yet to see #2. Hulk 1 was marginal at best, incredible hulk was better.

Wolverine...good if you have not read the comics.

X-men...they were okay I guess. Just not as interested now as I was a li'l tyke.

Daredevil I can't complain too much about. Could have been better. Never saw Electra though.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #11
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
****ING JOY.

that means that there is a 'The Avengers' movie thats GOING to happen XD

we have now all FOUR of them, 100% expect Sam L Jackson appearing in both Capt America and Thor.

[edit] maybe 85%, depending on the countinuty w/ Iron Man 2, Stark might 'give back' that certain something (dont want to 100% spoiler something

Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #12
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Thor looks pwnage, so does this one, Iron Man was awesome, even the second one was quite good, the Ed Norton Hulk was OK, better than Ang Lee's piece of garbage anyways...Can't wait for the Avengers movie!

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #13
Liverandbacon
I'm only worth a piano?

Forum Veteran LF Jester Folder extraordinaire 
Time for some thread necromancy.

I saw this movie a day or two ago. When I first heard about the film, I was worried about having Chris Evans as the Cap. I knew from "Sunshine" that he's capable of acting (I'll blame F4 on the script). However, I was worried he wouldn't be able to pull off the square-jawed American hero look. I was happily wrong.

I loved this movie. Sure, it was sometimes cheesy, but you got the sense that it was consciously so. It was a movie without any pretensions of being something it wasn't meant to be. Given that it had the same director, it's not surprising that it felt similar in spirit to "The Rocketeer", which I loved, despite its flaws. Having a nice, old-fashioned, wholesome, and patriotic hero is a refreshing change from the brooding and angstiness that's been annoyingly omnipresent in the genre recently. And this is coming from a guy whose favorite comics include Garth Ennis' run on Punisher MAX, which is quite possibly one of the most dark and brooding (but not remotely angsty, thank god) comics out there (I can't resist bringing up that series. Everyone should read Vol. 5: The Slavers. Everyone).

Tommy Lee Jones' character had some hilarious lines. Also, I want some super-soldier serum. Hell, I'd even take the experimental type that makes you have a red skull face, if there wasn't any of the finished stuff, and I could get a convincing mask like Hugo Weaving did. It'd save money on Halloween, at the very least.

--Too Dumb to Quit--
Liverandbacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #14
JediAthos

Yay for thread necromancy! I still haven't seen this movie even though I started this thread I want to see it and I'm glad that it seems to have lived up to my original supposition that it looked like it had the potential to be a good movie.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #15
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
I thought it was rather good as well, like the Ironman movie it took a while to get going, but once it did it was thoroughly enjoyable.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Captain America: The First Avenger