lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Quanons Crazy Projects!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #441
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Some top notch and smeeeeexy stuff here!

Let's just hope KotOR is friendly when you try to get them in the game!

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #442
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Fett View Post
Some top notch and smeeeeexy stuff here!

Let's just hope KotOR is friendly when you try to get them in the game!
I wouldn't count on it
I'm certain I'll be cursing on the darn thing for being so stubborn on messing up my models.

In other news; me and Darth Insidious had a very productive chat session on Skype. I asked Mr. Insidious for some help and if the idea I had for this mod was worth persueing till the end.

So we threw around a few ideas. The basic outline, my idea, was good enough, just the further details needed more attention. I wasn't certain where to go with it all, to form up a decent "story".

Rest assured this will not be your typical SW Jedi fan written hogwash. Out with the Force and the hocus pocus, mystical stuff. In with the guns, bounty hunters: scoundrelss and smuggelrs.

I won't be spilling to much details this early on. As I've now have a ruff version of the plot. A ton of details still remain very vague. Well except the tapes, with the Twi lek p*rnzor are essential to the plot... but I'm runn'n ahead to much.
Names, dialogue all that jazz. But I've got enough to know what needs to be modelled and the scale things need to be.

Anyway, enough of this babbleling. Time for some quick rendershots. Letting the club module rest for a bit. Don't feel like doing texture making. So I started a street section. Infact I consider it to be the "heart" of the mod. This area will link allmost other areas together.

Have a peak:

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #443
Warlord664

Current Game: swtor
Contest winner - Modding 
That looks like it's going to be very good Q. I wish I had that type of skill with moddeling.
Warlord664 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2011, 10:57 PM   #444
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
Nar-Shaddaa-esque, intriguing.

Thank you Gorgod.
Zhaboka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2011, 12:09 AM   #445
CptPriceless

Current Game: TSL
O.O That is all.

CptPriceless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2011, 12:55 PM   #446
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
If these new areas are for Coruscant, will they eventually connect up to the Jedi Temple that Sithspecter recently showed in his thread?

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2011, 01:40 AM   #447
Dark_Ansem

i certainly hope so :P

Dark_Ansem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #448
Quanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
If these new areas are for Coruscant, will they eventually connect up to the Jedi Temple that Sithspecter recently showed in his thread?
No, it's not set on Coruscant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaboka View Post
Nar-Shaddaa-esque, intriguing.
This man, eh or girl
Wins a cookie!

The story is set in Nar Shaddaa. You'll be doing work for Vogga the Hutt to: infact Vogga is getting a new throne room. The one at the docks in TSL looks so out of location. Really, a rich powerfull Hutt would live a tiny poor looking thing like that.

His room will still be at the docks in the Refugee Sector. But once you take the elevator up, it'll be grandiouso looking, fitting for a Hutt.

The rest of the mod will be set in the entertainment sector, a far more richer and lively place then the wretched poor Refugee thing from TSL.

It's still Nar Shaddaa though, not bling bling Coruscant. :-p

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Old 07-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #449
Bob Ta'aar
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR, KotOR2:TSLRCM
Just plainly awesome! Those are the mods I love.
I kinda felt the same about Nar Shaddaa. Where's all the fun and blingbling? And Vogga? He's a damn Hutt crimelord! So, this looks just perfect, Quanon!

Just one thing ... erhm ... will it be TSLRCM-compatible? They made a lot of changes on Nar Shaddaa, especially the docks sector.

I started modding KotOR(2)!
May the Force be with ya, folks!
Bob Ta'aar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #450
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Nar Shaddaa - the other wretched hive of scum and villiany. I wonder if you'll put in the rickety walkways as seen in other iterations of Nar Shaddaa.

When you said it was going to be for Nar Shaddaa, I remembered a part of Scorchy's walk through that I thought you may find interesting, which I'll quote below:

Quote:
Bonus Video - Let's Play Jedi Knight II: Outcast!

No, I'm not really going to play Jedi Knight II. It's just a quick 1 minute video for people who haven't played Jedi Knight II: Outcast, and want to see the Nar Shaddaa level. It was what I was sort of expecting when I heard Nar Shaddaa would be in KOTOR 2. Dark, but with lots of neon lights to spice it up; narrow walkways and buildings; most of all, I was hoping for the sense of a vertical city, running UP buildings rather than ACROSS them, which is what we got in KOTOR 2. I guess a lot of that had to do with engine limitations.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?do...873282708183934
I thought it might be helpful - somehow.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #451
Bob Ta'aar
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR, KotOR2:TSLRCM
well, the video-link is dead (or rather incomplete, I think).

a lot of insight into Nar Shaddaa and the Hutts is also given in the Han Solo Trilogy books, for those of you who like reading. I really enjoyed them, although for my taste, Nar Shaddaa is depicted there as too much of a friendly place. But it gives a lot of info, for example existed different sectors and Han obviously lived in the Correllian sector.
of course, that was 4000 years after KotOR .

I started modding KotOR(2)!
May the Force be with ya, folks!
Bob Ta'aar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2011, 12:21 PM   #452
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ta'aar View Post
a lot of insight into Nar Shaddaa and the Hutts is also given in the Han Solo Trilogy books, for those of you who like reading. I really enjoyed them, although for my taste, Nar Shaddaa is depicted there as too much of a friendly place. But it gives a lot of info, for example existed different sectors and Han obviously lived in the Correllian sector.
This. I thought the books were a very good. They would be a very helpful resource to have while working on a Nar Shaddaa mod.

Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #453
Quanon

Quote:
Nar Shaddaa - the other wretched hive of scum and villiany. I wonder if you'll put in the rickety walkways as seen in other iterations of Nar Shaddaa.

When you said it was going to be for Nar Shaddaa, I remembered a part of Scorchy's walk through that I thought you may find interesting, which I'll quote below:

I thought it might be helpful - somehow.
Héhéhé, JK II, been awhile since I played the game. Though, actually my most fun and first "contact" with Nar Shaddaa come from Dark Forces and Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight.

I know these game really played out the narrow high passages, rickty rusted walkways and deep pits. Thing is though, that worked becaus you could run of them and die in those games.

No such thing is possible in the Kotor games; plus party members and NPCs somehow hate narrow walkmeshes. So in that regard my new made areas won't look like the levels seen in the JK games.

In a certain way I'm trying to find a middleway. As I found the Nar Shaddaa in TSL a bit lacking.

Quote:
Just plainly awesome! Those are the mods I love.
I kinda felt the same about Nar Shaddaa. Where's all the fun and blingbling? And Vogga? He's a damn Hutt crimelord! So, this looks just perfect, Quanon!

Just one thing ... erhm ... will it be TSLRCM-compatible? They made a lot of changes on Nar Shaddaa, especially the docks sector.
I won't touch the docks much themselves. Infact the first 2 rooms of Vogga home will stay in place, income hall with the musician dude, room behind that where the droid quest starts. It'll be a hassle to adjust certain scripts, that's true. But I'll keep TSLRCM in mind.

Quote:
well, the video-link is dead (or rather incomplete, I think).

Héh, I'll have to check out those books. Thanks for that bit of insight.

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Old 07-28-2011, 03:49 PM   #454
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quanon View Post
Héhéhé, JK II, been awhile since I played the game. Though, actually my most fun and first "contact" with Nar Shaddaa come from Dark Forces and Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight.

I know these game really played out the narrow high passages, rickety rusted walkways and deep pits. Thing is though, that worked because you could run off them and die in those games.

No such thing is possible in the Kotor games; plus party members and NPCs somehow hate narrow walk meshes. So in that regard my new made areas won't look like the levels seen in the JK games.
Well, we all want party members and NPCs to be able to negotiate your new areas.

Quote:
In a certain way I'm trying to find a middleway. As I found the Nar Shaddaa in TSL a bit lacking.
I think I may have found something that might qualify as middle of the road. Recall the unused Telos Citadel Station areas that can only be seen in the background . . .

Why not create walkways that appear as if they're on a different plane. You could make them wide and add hand rails too but you'd get a similar effect, wouldn't you?

Old 07-29-2011, 10:46 PM   #455
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
I am a man. Just sayin'.

Thank you Gorgod.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:28 AM   #456
Quanon

Quote:
I am a man. Just sayin'.
Just never know on the intrawebz. I wanted to be certain before I offended a pretty Texan southern lady

Quote:
Well, we all want party members and NPCs to be able to negotiate your new areas.
I remember from making a few areas that had more narrow sections, your party members sort of got lost, t'was a bit odd. It also made me think, there's like no narrow passages in the games. Except for the Ebon Hawk interiour, but then you're on your own.

Quote:
I think I may have found something that might qualify as middle of the road. Recall the unused Telos Citadel Station areas that can only be seen in the background . . .

Why not create walkways that appear as if they're on a different plane. You could make them wide and add hand rails too but you'd get a similar effect, wouldn't you?
Now, that's something I had'nt thought about. I've added several pits where pipes and other techy bit will be poking out, but distant walkways hadn't popped up yet.

Good thinking my man, it certainly does the trick on Citadel Station to add a nice depth. I'll see where I can squeeze this in.

Have a cooky aswell, luuve this sort of feedback ^__^

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Old 07-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #457
Phildevil

Quote:
Now, that's something I had'nt thought about. I've added several pits where pipes and other techy bit will be poking out, but distant walkways hadn't popped up yet.

Good thinking my man, it certainly does the trick on Citadel Station to add a nice depth. I'll see where I can squeeze this in.

Have a cooky aswell, luuve this sort of feedback ^__^
That would be great indeed that someone such as yourself make something out of this unused module!
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #458
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Something you can do is make a floating piece of walkmesh not connedcted to anything and export those speeder placables as npcs and place em there to make it look live there's some air traffic.

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #459
Quanon

Been awhile since I posted an update on my Narshaddaa mod. Things move slowly, very slowly. In previous posts I showed the street model.

The thing isn't fully finished yet, a small part of it needs more fleshing out; but that didn't stop me to go ahead and do some texture work on the rest of the model.

So it's with great fun to show you some of this progress. It certainly shows off the area better then the grey render shots. Mind it's real quickly made shots. I've been messing about with better light setups, but I end up with 20 to 30 minutes of rendering... auch...

Wasn't prepared to go that crazy
Ahum, some of you might see that I"ve re used a small part of an old model. Sort of the first version of this thing. Sith Holocron mentioned that a few posts above. I was so daft to say I didn't like to re use old models... but then I just loved this small part of the model; so I deleted like 90% and went redid the whole thing... Hmm, didn't I tell that already

Ahum, well enough yapping, picture time
Enjoy!

Show spoiler

I've included SH suggestion of adding in extra walkable areas for NPCs. My pits have now extra hallways and corridors where other folks will be strolling.

A few are below you, a few above. I haven't shown those parts yet, they're nothing uber special really. But they're there.

TIQUILAAAAAAAA

Last edited by Quanon; 09-07-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #460
Warlord664

Contest winner - Modding 
Amazing as always Quanon. Really cool stuff.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #461
TimBob12
I'm in space!

Current Game: Mass Effect 2!
Helpful! 
I have no modelling skills whatsoever. You have been blessed my friend. Its not fair :P

Hey
TimBob12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #462
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
This is glorious. The buildings in screenie #4 look a little boxy, but other than that, this is just pure magic.

Thank you Gorgod.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:12 AM   #463
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Current Game: Chrono Trigger
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
This totally reminds me of DF2 Nar Shaddaa

VarsityPuppet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2011, 01:58 AM   #464
Dark_Ansem

great interiors. love 'em.

Dark_Ansem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2011, 05:46 AM   #465
Capibara
Rookie

Quote:
This is glorious. The buildings in screenie #4 look a little boxy, but other than that, this is just pure magic.
This.
Capibara is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #466
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo 3
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quanon...I love you.

Only because those screenies are so freakin' epic! Nice job.

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #467
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
To me the textures look a bit clashy right now but the model definitely looks like it'll be fun to explore

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #468
Quanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDeathRay View Post
Quanon...I love you.

Only because those screenies are so freakin' epic! Nice job.
I'll take this as positive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem View Post
great interiors. love 'em.
Interiours?

Eh... This is an outdoor area
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarsityPuppet View Post
This totally reminds me of DF2 Nar Shaddaa
Mhm, one of my main sources of inspiration. I'm glad I got this reaction

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capibara View Post
This.
Boxy

Guess it does, there's a lot of straight walls. Did my best to "break" it up a bit. But then again I didn't want to make each piece of wall "heavy" looking with windows and stuff.

Perhaps things will look differant when I get some real ingame views. Most of my renders are high up, bird view; you'dd never get that in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBob12 View Post
I have no modelling skills whatsoever. You have been blessed my friend. Its not fair :P
Héhéhé, I didn't make this sort of stuff from day 1, it all started with a lightsaber hilt. Add 4 to 5 years of continues messing about. And you end up at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord664 View Post
Amazing as always Quanon. Really cool stuff.
Thx ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Drexl View Post
To me the textures look a bit clashy right now but the model definitely looks like it'll be fun to explore
Whats bugging you? THe brown? OR is it all to much of grey and blue?
I wanted it to look a bit dusty dirty... t'is Narshaddaa not posh shiny upper leves of Coruscant.

But I'm curious what you don't like about the textures

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Old 09-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #469
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Quote:
Whats bugging you? THe brown? OR is it all to much of grey and blue?
I wanted it to look a bit dusty dirty... t'is Narshaddaa not posh shiny upper leves of Coruscant.

But I'm curious what you don't like about the textures
It's not that I don't like the textures you have going, it's just that it seems like there is a lot going on (too many different types). The module will be pretty dark though, right? Whatever you do will probably look awesome - that's just my first impression of the rough renders. Can't wait to chase druggies through this thing...

Old 09-09-2011, 12:01 AM   #470
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Guess it does, there's a lot of straight walls. Did my best to "break" it up a bit. But then again I didn't want to make each piece of wall "heavy" looking with windows and stuff.

Perhaps things will look differant when I get some real ingame views. Most of my renders are high up, bird view; you'dd never get that in the game.
True true. I suppose there are a lot of boxy buildings in the vanilla game hidden by the player angle.

Thank you Gorgod.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:31 AM   #471
Quanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Drexl View Post
It's not that I don't like the textures you have going, it's just that it seems like there is a lot going on (too many different types). The module will be pretty dark though, right? Whatever you do will probably look awesome - that's just my first impression of the rough renders. Can't wait to chase druggies through this thing...
Ah, I see. For most of the wall sections I just have 4 textures. Though most are indeed heavy on the patterns. I'm afraid if I kept using the same things over and over, the whole area would turn out dull and boring.

Mmm, perhaps I should reconsider, see how it looks when I alter some spots.

Quote:
True true. I suppose there are a lot of boxy buildings in the vanilla game hidden by the player angle.
Well, Kotor and TSL are "ancient" games. Most levels in the game are simpel. I could go and add more details. But I rather have my stuff blend in a bit, then sticking out. Plus I'm a lazy git... so less details means less work

I did continue to work some more on the area this week and since you lads have been so nice with posting tons of comments, I did some better renders to show it off ^_^
Show spoiler

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Old 09-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #472
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Ah, there we go. Is this the lighting scheme you're planning on having in-game? It looks great this way.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #473
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo 3
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quanon, how do you make such sexy modules?

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2011, 12:02 AM   #474
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
GLORIOUS lighting! Simply glorious!

Thank you Gorgod.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:23 AM   #475
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
I drool over your Korriban previews at the start of the thread though I have not read through all 48 pages for updates. Your module work is quite inspirational and extremely well done sir, props to you for your skill!

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2011, 09:06 AM   #476
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Okay, now I'm getting a more of a 'Citadel Station' (from Mass Effect) kind of feel, but this is good.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #477
Rinku
kad'la tracinya be abiik

Current Game: SWBF, Pokemon SS
Excuse me while I go nerd out......*5 minutes later* Okay, I'm not done with my nerd out, but I thought it would be best to comment.

THAT, SIR, IS LOVELY!

I really like the lighting you did here. As VP said it gives the model a Citadel Station feel. I can't wait to see this finished.

Rinku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2011, 11:20 PM   #478
Warlord664

Contest winner - Modding 
Ok I think the posts above said it all. Absolutely amazing!
Old 09-13-2011, 12:45 AM   #479
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Yeah... if there was only some way Quanon could get it in-game and working... sigh...

IF..... ONLY..... QUANON..... COULD..... GET...... IT...... WORKING..... IN-GAME.......

*HINT HINT*

Hey it worked on Sithspecter :P

This makes me want to model an asari head.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #480
Quanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarsityPuppet View Post
Yeah... if there was only some way Quanon could get it in-game and working... sigh...

IF..... ONLY..... QUANON..... COULD..... GET...... IT...... WORKING..... IN-GAME.......

*HINT HINT*

Hey it worked on Sithspecter :P

This makes me want to model an asari head.
Asari in Star Wars? Heresy!

Thanks for all the positive feedback people; really appriciate it
Getting this is area into the game isn't going to happen just yet. I think I'm about 80% done with the texturing. There's just a lot of little borders, odd bits and bobs that need attention. Fiddly, somewhat more boring work.

Then I need to dress up the area further. It's far to clean to be Nar Shaddaa. I'll add extra lamp posts; crates, weird machines; commercial signs...etc.

Good news is, I've got a bunch of models for that already on my HD. They just need some retexturing to fit. Then placing them around. After that, it'll be the crazy job of making a working walkmesh. Getting each piece of this model into the game.

But, let's not get to far ahead. Today I finished up a blank spot in my area. Then proceeded to texture it in one go. And for funs I've made a couple of shots to show it off
Show spoiler

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Quanons Crazy Projects!