lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Clone Wars plans to resurrect Darth Maul
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #41
Kj°len
Resident Polak

Current Game: Monkey Island
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
THat's the point I'm trying to make. No one has to buy them, but they do. Plenty of fans want to protest things like these changes in canon and the changes in the Blu-Ray releases and generally all the BS Lucasfilms has been doing. But at the same time they can't resist the new wares and absolutely must buy them because they are there.

"Kj°len is a pretty cool guy. 'e doesn't afraid of anything and 'e doesn't anything about anything."
―Kj°len

* Ye Olde Harbour * Aresen *
Kj°len is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2011, 12:21 PM   #42
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
@Thanatos9t: yea, Ive seen ESB 1,295 times

RE: drinking the Koolaid, George said when they started this Clone wars Crusade from hell, that there would be at least five seasons + Comics and related Merch, REGARDLESS of Ratings/criticism/fan opinion.
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2011, 01:14 PM   #43
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kj°len View Post
The shaft Luke fell down was more conical and had a sort of protective wind tunnel.
Also, George wants more Maul toys to sell. It will be the jewel of his TCW collection. Unfortunately fans are too weak to reject buying it and exerting their market power. Just like the new Blu-Ray releases.
This is probably closer to the truth, considering how much money is being made off this series anyway. I just hope this resurrection isn't more far fetched than it needs to be, or less in this case since Maul definitely bit the dust in EP1 hands down.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #44
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
How is it being weak to buy something you like? Nobody is being obliged to do anything they don't want to.
Exactly the reason why I'm ignoring these cartoons.
Maybe if I was 10 years younger I'd be excited for crappy rip off cartoons and accompanying merchandise. Star Wars = The six movies. Everything else is bantha poodoo.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #45
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjølen View Post
Also, George wants more Maul toys to sell. It will be the jewel of his TCW collection. Unfortunately fans are too weak to reject buying it and exerting their market power. Just like the new Blu-Ray releases.
I bought the Blu-Ray release because I wanted Star Wars on Blu-Ray, not because I'm weak, but because I like Star Wars...

If I didn't like something, I would not buy it or go to a forum dedicated to what I did not like. You will never catch me at a site dedicated to Steel Magnolias . I don’t like that movie and it isn’t worth my time moaning about what is wrong with something I loathe.

As to Maul coming back, well if Boba can come back anyone can come back.

Last edited by mimartin; 10-17-2011 at 02:09 PM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #46
Kj°len
Resident Polak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
I bought the Blu-Ray release because I wanted Star Wars on Blu-Ray, not because I'm weak, but because I like Star Wars...

If I didn't like something, I would not buy it or go to a forum dedicated to what I did not like. You will never catch me at a site dedicated to Steel Magnolias . I donĺt like that movie and it isnĺt worth my time moaning about what is wrong with something I loathe.

As to Maul coming back, well if Boba can come back anyone can come back.
What are you going to do when they "listen to the desires of the fans" and release the remastered yet unaltered originals on Blu-Ray in a year?

"Kj°len is a pretty cool guy. 'e doesn't afraid of anything and 'e doesn't anything about anything."
―Kj°len

Old 10-17-2011, 02:18 PM   #47
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
"Listen to the desires of the fans" LOL That is a joke isn't it. No, you are serious? Well if that ever happens then I may buy "A New Hope" again, so Hans shoots first, but most likely I will be too old to wipe the drool off my face. So I will not care.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #48
Kj°len
Resident Polak

Yes, I put "listen to the desires of the fans" in quotes because Lucasfilms already knows that fans will re-purchase the Blu-Ray in a year if they release the originals in high-def again, like they did for DVD. That's what I'm waiting for at least.

―Kj°len

Old 10-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #49
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker View Post
Maybe if I was 10 years younger I'd be excited for spin off cartoons and accompanying merchandise.
Fixed.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2011, 05:57 PM   #50
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
@OP: Oh no, it wasn't enough that the comics did it 2 or 3 times.

IIRC:
A Maul clone came after Luke, and was shot dead by uncle owen.
I don't think this was canon.

The real Maul came to tatooine, bottom half cybernetic somehow having lived at the bottom of the disposal shaft which just so happened to be a crystal cavern, and was sustained by crystals that happened to form in the bottom, and livedall that time.

Ok maybe this was the same one as above and that wasn't a clone... If not then it was one where Obi-Wan got to kill maul again. Either way I don't think this is canon.

I really don't give a **** at this point anyhow because it's squeezing blood from stones for profit.

Then there is the one where another version of darth maul, either real one healed all back together or a clone with all the memories, was sent after Vader as a challenge, and Vader won. I don't care if its canon or not. Heard it wasn't but this is 2003 we're talking here.

Can't leave well enough alone I guess.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #51
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Avlectus View Post
I really don't give a **** at this point anyhow because it's squeezing blood from stones for profit.
+1 they're really hopping the fanbase bigtime I mean the first movie came out in the 70's for christs sake.
When I was a kid I would love playing with action figures. Loved it, had all kinds of crazy battles, played with my friends even. We each had our collections. The new toys are pretty cool, I have no complaints with that aspect of it and really the clone wars get crappy airtime in the movies as is, a series isn't the worst idea to elaborate on the conflict though I will confess I haven't seen any of it nor do I intend to.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #52
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
I haven't seen much of it either. Watched the movie. However, all my complaints of CW and LA in general, prior to this were with a little bit of tolerance for it nonetheless. Now it's just getting ridiculous.

I tolerate walking on the original trilogy: I tolerated sidious' clone supply with the dark side power transfer essence also walking on the original trilogy; I like the PT even if it doesn't do the franchise as a whole very much justice.

This move is just simply walking on the PT which IMO smacks of desperation for profit, which I dislike.

On the bright side: At least I have a case full of classic 70's action figures (older than me--in my current physical form) I found in the trash of a garage when a client moved out.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2011, 10:47 PM   #53
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
@ j7: The majority of EU is monumentally crap.
The vast majority that was contradicted or somehow altered by TCW is monumentally crap, although parts of the EU were pretty terrible by themselves.

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #54
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
Maul was chopped in two. You see his upper half bouncing off the side of the shaft as he falls.

****er should be dead. If he isn't, then that's just stupid.
Yeah, that's like someone getting out of the Sarlacc Pit. Oh wait...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #55
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Zing!

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #56
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
LOL.

Exactly.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2011, 04:20 AM   #57
Drunkside
Satan┤s little helper

Quote:
I thought that thing swallowed its food whole and had slow digestion, so why wouldnt it be possible to get out? I find it more unbelievable that a huge, useless creature actually manages to live

By the way, Im kinda thinking that Maul will be a force ghost...

Saivo┤s New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2011, 11:18 AM   #58
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
*gag* that is all...

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2011, 07:41 PM   #59
Blix
Veteran

I'm waiting for the special five part mini arc in which Luke & Leia travel back in time to prevent their father from becoming Darth Vader

Old 10-31-2011, 09:10 PM   #60
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Constant time travel only happens in Star Trek and Stargate...

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2011, 09:49 PM   #61
Dread Advocate

Current Game: Magic the Gathering
Not surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former
Didn't time travel happen in the novel Crosscurrent, or whatever the title was?
Dread Advocate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2011, 10:26 PM   #62
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Once is not constant Also, that happened in some book hardly anyone has read or has even heard about. The Clone Wars in comparison is much closer to the source of canon from GL since he's involved in its making personally... and as silly as Maul returning may be, they're not going to do something like Luke and Leia travelling back in time. People seem to like to blow things out of proportion.

We don't even know in what way Maul is returning in TCW yet, it could just be some kind of holo-recording he left in case of his death that instructs whoever finds it of something, yada, yada.

We'll see how it all plays out when the episode or episodes in question actually air.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:30 PM   #63
Blix
Veteran

Quote:
But this is the "Clone Wars", so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:34 PM   #64
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

As I said in the post I edited at the same time you posted XD ... blowing things out of proportion.

Also, if you don't like it you can always pretend it never existed in the first place... I do that with pretty much the entirety of the EU. Doesn't exist in my Star Wars universe... only the 6 movies do. And if it does exist, it exists in a different continuity where they can do whatever the hell they want with it.

EDIT: Of course in my Star Wars universe, Han shoots first and the Max Rebo band doesn't have a jazz rapper in it.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #65
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
But this is the "Clone Wars", so I wouldn't hold my breath.
What happened in the series to make you assume that?

Quote:
People seem to like to blow things out of proportion.

We don't even know in what way Maul is returning in TCW yet, it could just be some kind of holo-recording he left in case of his death that instructs whoever finds it of something, yada, yada.

We'll see how it all plays out when the episode or episodes in question actually air.
Well said.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #66
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
EDIT: Of course in my Star Wars universe, Han shoots first and the Max Rebo band doesn't have a jazz rapper in it.
Wow, we have the same Star Wars universe.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #67
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Wow, we have the same Star Wars universe.
Of course, in my Star Wars universe, the deleted scene from ANH of Luke with Biggs at Tosche station is still in there XD Such an awesome scene.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #68
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
In my Star Wars universe everyone is naked (and Han shot first).

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #69
Blix
Veteran

I guess the site crashed before my original post got to air last night - but what I said was I like bits of TCW, I just don't like how it's bigger than the originals now or at least it seems that way, but I guess with a new generation of Star Wars fans it's to be expected. I would have been all for a CG series based on the the classic Star Wars though.

Quote:
Didn't that sith witch say that he was alive on another planet or something? If he came back as some kind of undead /force ghost he wouldn't technically be alive. I think TCW is going to take the cyborg route with this one (I think).

Old 11-02-2011, 05:01 AM   #70
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

@ Blix: You're right, she does say that, though as with many TV series of this type, stuff tends to fluctuate as the series progresses and what was said in the past can sometimes be lost or ignored.

Much like how no one really cares about how Maul may or may not have been in other EU work, they just want him in their TV series to make it fun for a certain group of people. I mean, come on, is this really the first time that there's ever been an EU conflict? From what I know of the EU, it's just a huge mismatched collection of cluster****s people spend too much time trying to piece together into one cohesive timeline.

I think, over the years folks have gotten way too caught up in the seriousness of the EU and have forgotten the fun of it being extra little stories.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #71
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
EU, it's just a huge mismatched collection of cluster****s people spend too much time trying to piece together into one cohesive timeline
Not at all, Its really very simple and easy to piece together. Like, how people mention someone like I don't know, Mos Def? to sound like they know about Hip-Hop or aren't in to bubblegum rap, the same goes for people saying the EU is crap or convoluted, when they don't actually read it. Its really quite a simple procedure to take and leave what you like and enjoy it in the quiet of your own home. but people insist on making out the world is gonna implode because EU fans want continuity over a cartoon.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #72
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

@ adamqd: What I meant was that there's so many stories now that everyone tries to find the most obscure connections for everything. I used to get into the EU back in the day but I kinda got tired of it after too many things ended up being connected which where, at the time, their own thing.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #73
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Of course, in my Star Wars universe, the deleted scene from ANH of Luke with Biggs at Tosche station is still in there XD Such an awesome scene.
I haven't even watched anything beyond the movies on Blu-Rays yet. Also haven't even opened Season 3 blu-rays. Need more time...

Old 11-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #74
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
@ adamqd: What I meant was that there's so many stories now that everyone tries to find the most obscure connections for everything. I used to get into the EU back in the day but I kinda got tired of it after too many things ended up being connected which where, at the time, their own thing.
Aah ok I do agree though that it can be a case of 'in for a Penny, in for a Pound' in the ol' EU.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #75
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Personal canon solves any and all problems.

I enjoy my Star Wars, and no one can stop me!

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #76
purifier
Forumite

LF Jester 
^Exactly, well put.

As far as I'm concerned, he's a clone (Maul) and it's a conspiracy, brought on by agents of the darkside; fictionally speaking.

Yep, works for me.

SITH HAPPENS
purifier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #77
Thanatos9t

Helpful! 
SPOILERS:
Show spoiler

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."

Last edited by Thanatos9t; 02-28-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Thanatos9t is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #78
Istorian

Helpful! 
Ooo! More flashy lghtsabers!

Istorian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #79
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

His voice doesn't sound as it should...

Old 02-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #80
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Let me cut you in half and throw you down a hole and let's see if you sound like the old Lynk when I'm done.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Clone Wars plans to resurrect Darth Maul