View Poll Results: What's your favorite trailer?
Return 7 41.18%
Hope 3 17.65%
Decieved 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Favorite trailer of TOR
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
Scorge
Jedi Master

Current Game: SWTOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Favorite trailer of TOR

Which trailer is your favorite? Mine is Return.

Return

View page
YouTube Video

Hope

View page
YouTube Video

Decieved

View page
YouTube Video

Formally MrObiWan

If you need help with textures on any KotOR/TSL mod, feel free to contact me.

Scorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Return is probably the best, but it will take a long time to forget when I saw the Deceived trailer through a live stream of EA's press conference at E3. Pure fanboy service. So I'll vote for it.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
I really like Hope just cause it shows a non-Force using Trooper take on a Sith in head-to-head combat... but yeah, Return is pretty damn epic.

EDIT: Also, hope you don't mind but I added the trailers to your post, MrObiWan.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Where is all of the above option?

Went with Hope, the thermal detanator surprise for Malgus is priceless.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

I pick Return, John Marston Smuggler, ftw.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2011, 03:35 AM   #6
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I didn't vote because, IMO, these Trailers are better than anything in Star Wars since 2005, and they all deserve a pedestal.

Ven Zallow is badass, Satele Shan is Badass, Kao Cen Darach is badass, Lord Vindican is badass, Malgus is beginning to piss me off but still badass, The Smuggler is cool, his ship is cooler.

The Trooper armor is still a MASSIVE mistake in my opinion, and truly alters the feel of the trailer and game, which is why Hope is by far my least favorite of the three trailers, but still better than any Clone Wars episode.

Favorite Duelist= Kao Cen Darach (Zabrak)
Favorite scene= Crashed troop carrier unveils Sith strike-force
Favorite Death= Ven Zallow (I shed a tear)
Favorite Entrance= Satele Shans Slow-mo-floor-punch-force-push-gtfo-move.
Favorite ship= Smuggler's XS stock light freighter
Favorite backdrop/Render= The Jedi Temple fly by in Deceived is awe-inspiring.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2011, 03:41 AM   #7
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
The Trooper armor is still a MASSIVE mistake in my opinion, and truly alters the feel of the trailer and game
How so?

Old 11-26-2011, 03:51 AM   #8
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
Socratic irony
I fully understand the in-universe, marketing, continuity, getting the casual/kid crowd involved explanations. I just think they should of designed the trooper armor in a way that didn't resemble Clone troopers in any way (Other than the fact it was armor of course) you could advertise 'Hope' as a Clone Wars CGI short, and no one would question it.

This is Just my opinion, I'm sure some Star Wars fans think that the Clone Wars is the Pinnacle of the franchise, and are excited they can emulate commander red-shirt.

I actually like the Clones in the Prequel trilogy, I love all the films unconditionally, Something about the TV show has just tarnished them IMO.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:45 AM   #9
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
The same can be said about the Millennium Falcon rip-off, among many other ships/technology.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:20 AM   #10
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
The same can be said about the Millennium Falcon rip-off, among many other ships/technology.
Not really because the falcon is cool, and they're have always been Corellion freighters in this era

Old 11-26-2011, 08:06 AM   #11
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Not really because the falcon is cool, and they're have always been Corellion freighters in this era
I'm not arguing the coolness of the Falcon, only that the ships designs are rip-offs the same way the trooper armor is.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #12
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

How is a resemblance to the Clone Trooper armour, which is just a reworking of the Stormtrooper armour to begin with targeting kids who watch The Clone Wars? XD I don't understand but whatever...

Old 11-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #13
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
I don't understand but whatever...
If your the real Lynk, and not an impostor, I'd assume that is not beyond your understanding

Old 11-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #14
Scorge
Jedi Master

I "Hope" they create a new trailer, trailer's of TOR must "Return"! Can't think of a sentence for deceived.

Formally MrObiWan

Old 11-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #15
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Unfortunately, they won't.

Old 11-26-2011, 02:46 PM   #16
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

@ adamqd: Yeah...... you're still gonna have to explain this to me.

@ MrObiWan: The three big cinematic trailers released so far are used when you start that game and choose which faction you want to play as for the first time... so no, no more trailers coming out for TOR that aren't gameplay related.

Of course, when the expansions for the game comes out I'm sure those may have a cinematic clip to use as a trailer or two...

Old 11-27-2011, 05:01 AM   #17
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

@Lynk: Nah...... I think your baiting me, my displeasure for all things Clone, and its misuse in TOR, are well established in every corner of this website

Old 11-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #18
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

@ adamqd: I'm not, you're just being paranoid.

TOR is pretty far removed from anything to do with the various Clone Wars media that has been coming out recently from Lucas and friends and I genuinely don't understand how a few markings on the Republic Troopers armour suddenly screams "we're making this game for the children who watch TCW CG series"...

Old 11-27-2011, 01:44 PM   #19
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

I didn't say that, I said they used the Armor to make it recognizable to Clone Wars fans (be they Kids or Adults) who maybe dont have as much investment in the franchise as a whole. I'd rather they had built a new armor style from the ground up.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #20
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
I didn't say that, I said they used the Armor to make it recognizable to Clone Wars fans (be they Kids or Adults) who maybe dont have as much investment in the franchise as a whole. I'd rather they had built a new armor style from the ground up.
I thought it was to make it more recognizable to Star Wars fans (stormtroopers and clone troopers?).

Old 11-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #21
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
I thought it was to make it more recognizable to Star Wars fans (stormtroopers and clone troopers?).
This.

As for the armour styles, there are lot of different styles that the Trooper has depending on what type of armour you pick up during the game... I'm playing as a Trooper Vanguard so I've already looked through some of what they have and their is a good variety. Some look familiar and have the style of a classic stormtrooper/snow trooper/scout trooper all the way to the ARC trooper variant clone troopers... and then there are trooper armour which look nothing like what the movies or other media have shown us.

As for the trailer itself, it's just as Alexrd said, they just went for a simple look that was recognisable to Star Wars fans in general which combined aspects of the storm and clone troopers as well as adding a little bit of flare not seen in either.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #22
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Your saying exactly what I said, only, its reasoning is good for you, and bad for me hehe we must agree to disagree.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #23
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

I suppose they could've made the troopers look more like Spartans from Halo or Helghast from Killzone

Old 11-27-2011, 08:12 PM   #24
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Hope's my favorite. Seeing the trooper about to take out a Sith lord with a thermal detonator with that little smile on his face was epic. Not to mention I'm in love with Kevin Michael Richardson's voice (and Rafael Sbarge's of course).

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #25
Scorge
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
Hope's my favorite. Seeing the trooper about to take out a Sith lord with a thermal detonator with that little smile on his face was epic.
Yea, Hope was pretty damn epic, it was awesome when Satele was stabbed on the hand from Malgus's lightsaber and blocked it through the force.

Formally MrObiWan

Old 11-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #26
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObiWan View Post
when Satele was stabbed on the hand from Malgus's lightsaber and blocked it through the force.
Epic

Old 11-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #27
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
"Eyes front"

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2011, 11:27 PM   #28
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

"Hey, I'm just inspecting the troops..."

Old 11-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #29
Scorge
Jedi Master

For "Return", does anybody know the name of the Zabrak Jedi master? I know it starts with a K, at least I think so.

Formally MrObiWan

Old 11-29-2011, 06:41 PM   #30
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Kao Cen Darach

Old 12-06-2011, 03:47 AM   #31
RogueJedi86

Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
I definitely love me some "Return". Hope as second favorite. And it works as giving some hindsight to "Hope". Jace goes balls-out after Malgus the second he sees him as revenge for Malgus' presence and actions during the fall of Korriban in "Return".

"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2011, 04:11 AM   #32
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

I love the Setele Shan + Jace Malcom tag team combo against Malgus was so awesome. That's the way they should have shown the Clones and Jedi fighting together in the prequel movies... kind of did in TCW but not as awesomely...

Old 12-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #33
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I think deceived for me. Talking about an entrance. And maybe it was because it was the first one out, but to me it is what Star Wars is all about.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #34
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Deceived hands down.

As for the style thing, look at the differences between the style of K1 and TSL versus TOR. The originals had the Star Wars flavour but were distinct enough to separate them from the movies. TOR, whether it was an LA mandate or an EA/Bioware decision, essentially just transplants designs straight from the movies with no regard to canon or logic. The whole "technology plateaued" argument is ridiculous. It's just a shameless attempt to increase subscriber numbers. While I don't begrudge them making money, they could do it without affecting the franchise and luring in fans under false pretenses.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2011, 06:28 AM   #35
RogueJedi86

Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
10 year veteran! 
So you have a problem with the technology plateau? But that starts another argument entirely I guess if we go down that road.

"Sir,we are beginning our search for these rumored 'underwater villages'.They will not stay hidden for long". -Battle Droid Commander OOM-9!
RogueJedi86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > Favorite trailer of TOR