lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Another alternative installer/launcher
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
Gownaar
Rookie

Another alternative installer/launcher

I never got around to playing Grim Fandango until recently. Didn't have any technical problems with the game personally but since many people do, I thought it'd be a cool project to gather most common fixes in one box, make it automated and user friendly. I know there's Residual now, haven't tried it to be honest but it's not even beta yet and seems to be moving like a dead cheetah, so maybe this isn't completely outdated right in the start.
Features are listed on the installer's welcome page and launcher info can be found in a txt later so I'm not going to write about it here. The only thing to add is that beside CDs, GrimInstaller can also install from a folder (must be run from a location that contains GRIMDATA folder which contains all required files). If you care to check it out, let me know what you think.

Update:
GrimInstaller/GrimLauncher is now obsolete. It is recommended that you use ResidualVM to play Grim Fandango. There is no need to install the game, but you can use GrimCopy utility to setup game files for Residual.

DL:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/dah.../GrimInstaller
http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/Gownaar

Virus scans (VirusTotal): GrimInstaller, GrimCopy

Last edited by Gownaar; 11-24-2013 at 11:22 AM. Reason: fixed broken link
Gownaar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Glottis' Garage > Another alternative installer/launcher

Tags
fix, grim fandango, installer, issue, patch, problem, setup, win 7, win xp, win7 64