Thread: Early access....
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-13-2011, 02:08 AM   #1
yuri20346
Lurker

Early access....

Well yesterday I just pre-ordered the game because of the 13th early access I said heh aight guess I have the week clear and everything may as well play SWTOR.

Well with what it looks like they are gonna send the invites for it in order of which who redeemed their pre-order which for me was last minute meaning I will get in last. I would have liked some info about that way earlier but sadly they just said 13th of December.

Now my biggest problem is I paid the extra amount of $ for the pre order thing on Origin so I could get in the early access but seeing as I won't I could have gotten it cheaper if I would have waited at release and gotten it at my local Walmart for 49$ instead of 59$ *sigh*.

Also all my friends that had the game pre-ordered a long time ago are gonna be way ahead of me which is going to suck, hard. Well I had to vent off because I feel like this is a serious dirty blow to those who weren't sure about the game and wanted to wait until they could try it in the beta before jumping head first.
yuri20346 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2011, 02:18 AM   #2
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
It has been in the FAQ for ages that early access would be staggered based on code registration date. I wouldn't get too worked up over it just yet though. See how the first day's invites roll out numbers-wise. You may well get in earlier than you expect, as it is quite possible they could have everyone in before the weekend.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2011, 02:46 AM   #3
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Yeah like DP said I wouldn't worry too much yet, some rumblings I've heard suggest that early-access will be rolled out according to server loads, and if some of the stress test beta weekends are any indication the servers managed to hold up decently well.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2011, 03:47 AM   #4
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
I input my pre-order code into the swtor site almost 24 hours after the pre-orders started (because of GameStop being such a slowpoke!) and being a bit of a pessimist when it comes to these things, I'm expecting a bit of a wait before I get in.

Hopefully things turn out a lot better than I think they will...

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2011, 04:29 AM   #5
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
It sounds like they are doing waves across the day, so I'd be expecting you won't have too long to wait. I didn't get my code until mid-August, so I'm not expecting to get in until the 14th, but I guess we'll see in a few hours.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > Early access....