lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Revan's Flowing Cape and Belt 1.0
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-01-2009, 07:26 AM   #41
R2-X2

Current Game: KotOR again. F*** yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganoesparan06 View Post
Your right.

How weird.

I always thought that the texture (txi and tga files yes?) was seperate from the model and thus the model wouldnt affect it.

Strange.
In this case it's already in the mdl/mdx. Because of that, all robes will look like the original one.

Beep.
R2-X2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2009, 09:42 AM   #42
N**
Rookie

Yeah... the texture is of course named in the model, but not embedded.

I only half understood this discussion. If you're trying to replace Grey_Ghost's model with this one and retain the "light-side" texture, then you need to:
A) Use a hex editor (HxD is my favorite lightweight one) on the new N_StarForgeA.mdl and replace "pmbj01" with "N_StarForgeA01".
B) Copy N_StarForgeA01.tga and rename the copy to pmbj01.tga.
N** is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #43
deathdisco
Bastards of Young

Veteran Modder Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by N** View Post
{snip}
A) Use a hex editor (HxD is my favorite lightweight one) on the new N_StarForgeA.mdl and replace "pmbj01" with "N_StarForgeA01".
{snip}
When hex editing textures you have to use the same number of characters (in this case 6) in your texture name. Otherwise you'll nerf the model. ie: rename the texture N_StarForgeA01 to something like pmbj99 and replace pmbj01 in the *.mdl

deathdisco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2009, 11:46 PM   #44
N**
Rookie

I was under the impression NWN's model file format contained no internal offsets such as PE files do, letting you safely resize it by inserting X bytes.

I have noticed before however, that MDLOps' binary exporter writes a large amount of null bytes after strings; if I'm wrong about the above, you can most likely overwrite them safely. KotOR's importer should terminate the texture string at the first null (0x00) byte found.
N** is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #45
Nick Vader

Current Game: Dead Rising 2
W-O-W !!!!!!!!! Fantastic ! Permanent possision in my Override Folder !!!

Great work !!!

Still can't believe it! (-passing out on the floor after downloading-)

Nick Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2009, 10:22 AM   #46
LordEurope
Lurker

Incredible mod by all accounts but is it just me or is the textures of Revans robe poor? looks like it is lacking lightning/shaders. Is it possible to just get the animations and use other textures for the robe?

The camera bug where it focuses on the chest instead of the head in conversations is incredibly annoying. Is there anyway to fix that?
LordEurope is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2009, 07:02 PM   #47
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEurope View Post
Incredible mod by all accounts but is it just me or is the textures of Revans robe poor? looks like it is lacking lightning/shaders. Is it possible to just get the animations and use other textures for the robe?

The camera bug where it focuses on the chest instead of the head in conversations is incredibly annoying. Is there anyway to fix that?
It seems fine to me but it does appear a little darker with me though. Not nearly as dark as Shem's Darth Revan mod though. More like a somewhat darkened version of the Revan's Robes Fixed mod that I believe the BOS:SR uses.

~ I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ZimmMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2009, 11:46 AM   #48
Dogman665
Lurker

When i install this mod, Revan's Robes instantly turn black and white and the entire robe is untextured. Everything else seems to work fine though. Any suggestions? This could be a fault on my part, i'd just like to know how to get it to work again.
Dogman665 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #49
Cabron
Lurker

Thumbs up

Ive always disliked how utterly fake the robes looked, especially while running. This is simply magnificent; a permanent part of my mods for this game. I salute you sir!
Cabron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2009, 12:13 PM   #50
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Definitely will have to try this mod out. Considering how rigid the cape was before this is a vast improvement!

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #51
XenoGenesis
Lurker

Nice work, the increased file size alone tells how much effort would've been put into this mod. I have a few feedbacks, though;

1. When wearing the robe, the cutscene points to the waist of Revan, not the face/chest region as it should.
2. Like others pointed out, there seems to be an shader issue with the robe.
3. I'm guessing the cape is animated with bone weighting, but Malak's robe (and Revan's from the BINK videos) seems like it's flowing freely, especially apparent when they turn around or kneel on the floor. Any possible way to incorporate this method?

XenoGenesis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #52
Sithspecter
Big things are coming...

Current Game: Mechwarrior II: Mercenaries
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoGenesis View Post
1. When wearing the robe, the cutscene points to the waist of Revan, not the face/chest region as it should.
2. Like others pointed out, there seems to be an shader issue with the robe.
3. I'm guessing the cape is animated with bone weighting, but Malak's robe (and Revan's from the BINK videos) seems like it's flowing freely, especially apparent when they turn around or kneel on the floor. Any possible way to incorporate this method?
I'm working on #1, I'm not sure about #2, but I will look into it, and #3 isn't going to happen due to the nature of the animations. They can make the turning and such look like that because it's a video, in gameplay there is no 'turn' animation, so I cannot animate as such.

Sithspecter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2009, 12:39 AM   #53
Robespierre

SS, wow, this is insanely awesome. I'm very interested in knowing exactly how you did this.

"We must use daring, daring and more daring." - Georges Jacques Danton
Robespierre is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #54
XenoGenesis
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithspecter View Post
They can make the turning and such look like that because it's a video, in gameplay there is no 'turn' animation, so I cannot animate as such.
Not just the BINK videos - the scene where Malak tortures Bastila, he turns and the flowing cape follows after him; when he uses Force Lightning, the cape flows backwards. At the last fight with Revan at the Star Forge, Malak kneels down and the cape folds as he crouches.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #55
Sithspecter
Big things are coming...

Current Game: Mechwarrior II: Mercenaries
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder LFN Staff Member 
These animations are cutscenes in the game that use special animated models, meaning that the whole walk/force lightning/crouch animations are designed for those events, and those events only, and are impossible to animate in normal gameplay. If you'd like to re-animate the whole thing, be my guest.

Sithspecter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2009, 02:16 AM   #56
XenoGenesis
Lurker

I see, thanks for clearing things up. When I saw those Malak cutscenes I just assumed that his cape is some sort of jigglymesh (since NWN uses it).

Old 08-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #57
kuraiken
Lurker

Wow, that's brilliant. I'd never thought someone would go through so much trouble to bring us a fully animated Revanrobe.
Thanks for your hard work.

Now all that's needed is that little cutscene/dialogue fix, and I'm good to start once more (for the nth time) a full run through Kotor.
kuraiken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #58
darth_kira56
Rookie

Current Game: None... I guess
How come you have figured this out and no one else has

Oathkeeper and Oblivion, Light And Dark used together. The Keyblade Bearer Can combine light and dark, why can't Jedi? Do they lack the self discipline?
darth_kira56 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2009, 03:38 AM   #59
NuklearKrisis
Lurker

Please help...game crashes when I install the mod

I am really excited that I can play Revan! I installed the Revan Head mod and then tried to install the cape fix for Revan. I put all the files in my override folder N_DarthRevan.mdl, N_DarthRevan.mdx etc. The game is crashing because of the N_DarthRevan.mdx file in my overdrive folder. I know this because when I remove that file the game dosent crash anymore. I tried installing the brotherhood shadow mod but, it seems no matter what Revan mod I use the game crashes when I put the cape fix mod files into my overdrive folder. The stiff cape really ruins everything I just cant into it; especially knowing there is a fix for it.

Oh I should add that I have updated the game to the latest patch and when the game crashes I just get that windows dialog box that asks you if you want to send the report to Microsoft. The game start up but when I try to load a saved game thats when it crashes. I did a fresh install. Installed the Revan mod then plopped the cape fix files into the override folder. Is there a specific Revan mod I need to use?

Please help. Thanks!

Last edited by NuklearKrisis; 11-28-2009 at 03:55 AM. Reason: update
NuklearKrisis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #60
FaZzZa99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuklearKrisis View Post
I am really excited that I can play Revan! I installed the Revan Head mod and then tried to install the cape fix for Revan. I put all the files in my override folder N_DarthRevan.mdl, N_DarthRevan.mdx etc. The game is crashing because of the N_DarthRevan.mdx file in my overdrive folder. I know this because when I remove that file the game dosent crash anymore. I tried installing the brotherhood shadow mod but, it seems no matter what Revan mod I use the game crashes when I put the cape fix mod files into my overdrive folder. The stiff cape really ruins everything I just cant into it; especially knowing there is a fix for it.

Oh I should add that I have updated the game to the latest patch and when the game crashes I just get that windows dialog box that asks you if you want to send the report to Microsoft. The game start up but when I try to load a saved game thats when it crashes. I did a fresh install. Installed the Revan mod then plopped the cape fix files into the override folder. Is there a specific Revan mod I need to use?

Please help. Thanks!
The fix doesn't work with the BoS revan's robe model
FaZzZa99 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2009, 03:39 PM   #61
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Helpful! Veteran Modder 
NuklearKrisis, welcome to the forums. I thought I'd give you a friendly warning about double posting. It is not a wise idea to do so. You don't want the moderators getting on to you about this.

@FaZzZa99

The fix to get this mod working with the BOS:SR is listed earlier in the thread.

~ I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:12 AM   #62
FaZzZa99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimmMaster View Post
NuklearKrisis, welcome to the forums. I thought I'd give you a friendly warning about double posting. It is not a wise idea to do so. You don't want the moderators getting on to you about this.

@FaZzZa99

The fix to get this mod working with the BOS:SR is listed earlier in the thread.
Deosn't work, i even made a thread on it
FaZzZa99 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2009, 07:32 AM   #63
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Helpful! Veteran Modder 
What do you mean it does not work. It works for me.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:48 AM   #64
NuklearKrisis
Lurker

Event ID 1000

Faulting application swkotor2.exe, version 2.1.0.0, faulting module swkotor2.exe, version 2.1.0.0, fault address 0x00053a1b.

This is what I believe; NONE of these mods work for TSL..only KOTOR I. I have 13 services running on my old rig; that runs KOTOR II in full perfect. I re-installed TSL and installed the mod (Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge) fresh...CRASH. What magical system do you have that allows these mods to work!!!

OH I SEE, I am not a bad ass C++ coder with an IQ of 4000 so I cannot play these mods otherwise...ok gonna do something else...forget it!

And if you got these mods to work with TSL..what C++ algorithm that is O(n^3) that I need to write to make them work!
NuklearKrisis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2009, 07:13 AM   #65
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
Quote:
Faulting application swkotor2.exe, version 2.1.0.0, faulting module swkotor2.exe, version 2.1.0.0, fault address 0x00053a1b.

This is what I believe; NONE of these mods work for TSL..only KOTOR I. I have 13 services running on my old rig; that runs KOTOR II in full perfect. I re-installed TSL and installed the mod (Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge) fresh...CRASH. What magical system do you have that allows these mods to work!!!

OH I SEE, I am not a bad ass C++ coder with an IQ of 4000 so I cannot play these mods otherwise...ok gonna do something else...forget it!

And if you got these mods to work with TSL..what C++ algorithm that is O(n^3) that I need to write to make them work!
Well, for the Cape and Belt fix, it would only work with K1, firstly because the model formats in both games are slightly different, and second, because TSL as animations that K1 didn't, and thus they couldn't be added to the K1 model.

Though with BOS:SR, it is made only for K1, and would only work if installed with it. Mostly, if a mod is posted here, it usually is only for one game, unless it is a new lightsaber, blaster or melee weapon model that the author made for both games.

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2009, 11:27 PM   #66
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
It would be nice for a mod like this to be made for TSL, though, for when you fight Revan on Korriban. Or for people who like to give themselves Revan's armor (which I don't do because, well, your character in TSL isn't Revan and therefore it makes sense to he wearing his armor).

That is, if you ever get around to it. No pressure! I'm perfectly satisfied with this mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #67
The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka
Rookie

Current Game: The Elder Scrolls IV
Amazing work!

When I get my own copy of KoTOR, I'm definitely using this mod.

Of all the things I've lost.....

....I miss my mind the most.

~The Dark Jedi Malaka~

The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2009, 07:24 AM   #68
Robespierre

Quote:

Okay, two thing:

1) Don't be a dick in threads. People will be infinitely less likely to answer you if you're sarcastic and cynical like you're doing now.

2) If you read the threads properly, you'd know that both of them are ONLY for K1 and will NOT install in TSL. A TSL version of Revan's Flowing Cape and Belt could be made if someone wanted to, but its very labour intensive, so people aren't lining up at the gates to do it.

"We must use daring, daring and more daring." - Georges Jacques Danton
Robespierre is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #69
disbeliever

Helpful! 
lol reading fail

Quote:

disbeliever is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #70
Revnant
Rookie

For some reason this doesnt work for me. I have the texture improvement pack and the mask star forge robes. I did what was said about editing it but still the mod wont work. I tried reinstalling the mod and also emptying the override and just put the cape mod in it alone and still wont work. I am at a loss and kinda disappointed because I was looking forward to this mod for a long time now.

HK-47:Mockery: "Oh, master, I do not trust! I cannot trust you or anyone ever again!"
Hk-47:Mockery: "Oh, master, I love you but I hate all you stand for, but I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
I have made my own website and is in my details. I am still working on it so more will come in time for it.
Revnant is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #71
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revnant View Post
For some reason this doesnt work for me. I have the texture improvement pack and the mask star forge robes. I did what was said about editing it but still the mod wont work. I tried reinstalling the mod and also emptying the override and just put the cape mod in it alone and still wont work. I am at a loss and kinda disappointed because I was looking forward to this mod for a long time now.
This mod only adds animations to the masked Revan model(N_DarthRevan.mdl/mdx). If any other mod you use would make changes to that model, then you won't want to use it. If it changes the texture file(it looks for 'pmbj01'), any could be used as long as it matches the texture name it looks for.

Also, you need to use the included disguise item to see the animations in-game.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #72
Revnant
Rookie

So what should I do because I had the override completely empty except for that mod alone? Is the disguise seperate?

HK-47:Mockery: "Oh, master, I do not trust! I cannot trust you or anyone ever again!"
Hk-47:Mockery: "Oh, master, I love you but I hate all you stand for, but I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
I have made my own website and is in my details. I am still working on it so more will come in time for it.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #73
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revnant View Post
So what should I do because I had the override completely empty except for that mod alone? Is the disguise seperate?
You should find a uti file named 'g_a_mstrrobe08' in the mod, that has to be added to the override. You'll have to use the console to obtain it, since it isn't placed anywhere in the game. You'll want to avoid wearing it during your meeting with Malak on the Leviathan, since the cutscene following it won't appear correctly.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #74
Revnant
Rookie

hm I used the console to get it and have the uti file in it but still nothing.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:01 AM   #75
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Try installing this version; its my reskin with SithSpectre's model... http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...isioned;115747

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #76
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets

Current Game: Chrono Trigger
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
OR take the files from SithSpecter's flowing cape mod and rename them

s_female01.mdl
s_femaile01.mdx

works for Male Revans at least :/

VarsityPuppet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #77
Dark_Ansem

can anyone confirm this works with TSL?

Dark_Ansem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2011, 10:08 PM   #78
Darth Dan 012
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem View Post
I'm pretty sure this mod adds the good Revan's robes to KotOR 2:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...be_pack;118081

Also this one - http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...obe_TSL;116563
Darth Dan 012 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2011, 10:13 PM   #79
Canderis
Mercenary

Current Game: Skyrim
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem View Post
No, it does not work, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Dan 012 View Post
I'm pretty sure this mod adds the good Revan's robes to KotOR 2:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...be_pack;118081

Also this one - http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...obe_TSL;116563
The first link isn't animated robes.

Canderis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Revan's Flowing Cape and Belt 1.0