lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: IRC and "violent" vidya
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-29-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
IRC and "violent" vidya

This was from earlier this month, but b/c I think it's so sublimely ridiculous, I've chosen to post it here rather than Kavar's. Guess some people just have too much time on their hands....

http://gamefixes.net/red-cross-viole...rnational-law/

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
This really just brings to my mind one single question...

Why is it, that anyone who brings these things up, tries to address some sort of violation of law when concerning fictional media? No matter what media brings you the story, no matter how interactive it is, one single thing should be always on your mind - it never actually happened. Maybe it did, if it was based on an actual event, but even then, any deviation of the actual event, any change based on the thoughts of the makers, should be taken as no more than that.

Not to mention, there is a reason that certain things appear in any form of media. Why? Well, if it happens in real life, then there is a good chance that someone might use it as an example(or simply inspiration) when writing a story.

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Oh yes, let's have fps games and such that conform to international laws. Let's jerk with things behind the scenes to get what we want. We've got to get people used to the idea of following laws from a world government like the U.N. so let's teach the children through their entertainment. OH and while we're at it, why not put in recitations for some of these laws, and dick around with pseudo political messages.

Sounds like a fun game I wanna play!!!!!11!!!!~!!1!!!
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2012, 03:38 AM   #4
purifier
Forumite

LF Jester 
It reminds of the days when Tipper Gore tryed to totally censor Heavy Metal and Rap, because some of the lyrics were too violent or immoral towards specific minorities or agencies.

Of course that's were it all started. They couldn't leave everything else alone, now it's television, movies and video games. I guess they just can't help themselves, in trying to control what we hear and see.

Yessir...your good old friendly moralist trying to help you out by deciding what's best for you while playing God. Hey thanks moralist friend, your a real pal. You make my life so much better.

SITH HAPPENS

Last edited by purifier; 01-03-2012 at 04:55 PM. Reason: lol, drinking and typing don't mix.
purifier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #5
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
^^^Ah THOSE days. Yes, I do believe that was called the Parental Media Resource Center. Dave Mustaine of Megadeth wrote a song about it in fact. Of course it wasn't just about about this issue w.r.t. censorship, but the greater sense of freedoms threatened by people who will try to subvert everything.

Excerpt from...
Quote:
F is for Fighting
R is for Red, Ancestor's blood, in battles they shed
E we elect them
E we eject them; this land of the free in home of the brave
D for your Dying
O' your Overture
M we'll cover your grave with Manure/is for Money--you know what THAT cures

This spells our freedom: it means nothing to me as long as there's a P.M.R.C.

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #6
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
This is so... retarded.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > IRC and "violent" vidya