lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Magical Strike Force S: What Remains
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2012, 02:02 AM   #1
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Magical Strike Force S: What Remains

((First off, this story would not have been possible without Shana who created the Rp that this story is based off of. I did the basic story writitng and then it was sent to her so she could correct the grammer errors and other small things. I've been wanting to write a story like this for quite awhile and I'm glad she agreed to work with me on it.))

My name is Kai...and I am one of the last remaining members of Elite division 9. As far as I know, there are only three of us left out of the entire division. It wasn't always like this. At one time there were more of us...but we lost many friends when our headquarters were destroyed. Now we're being hunted by Doctor Hyman's creations as the only ones who pose a risk to his plans.

Kai slowly walked through the ruins of the city and sighed heavily as he looked around at the devastation around him. He had seen destroyed cities before and he had seen the destructive power held by Doctor Hyman a hundred times before but it never got any easier.

"Hizuni...is Shana still holding up alright back there?" He called back to a girl who was a bit shorter than him. Hizuni had been an orphan that Kai had adopted as a sister years ago, before Doctor Hyman's creations had brought destruction to the worlds of the Federation.

"Her wounds are bad, but it looks like she'll be okay Onii-chan. She put a good fight when they managed to find us. How soon until we can find some bandages?" Hizuni asked as she continued to carry Shana on her back. Shana had been wounded during the last attack and to be fair, Kai had been pretty badly beaten himself. Hizuni had been forced to be retreat while carrying both of them and to find a place to hide while they both recovered. Unfortunately, Shana was still out cold. She had taken a blast of pure magical energy at close range and for a few hours Kai wasn't sure she would survive but she was strong. And she had eventually recovered enough that she was out of the danger zone.

“What remains of the hospital is a few miles away.” Kai said quietly as his eyes searched the sky just in case anymore of Doctor Hyman's creations had managed to find them in the ruins of the city. He sighed in relief when he didn't see anything. With most of the interstellar craft destroyed they were stuck on this world with them. “We should be there soon.”

“Good. The blood is starting to leak through the bandages and I think she's starting to wake up. If she wakes up fully she's going to be in a lot of pain.” Hizuni said quietly as they continued walking. It had been a few months since Doctor Hyman's creations had been let loose upon the worlds of the federation and for all Kai knew the three of them were the last survivors left on the planet. He could still remember the final battle that they had fought with Captain Terranova and Captain Juno Aika along with the rest of the division.

Flashback

“Kai! Hit him with you Triforce shot!” Captain Terranova's voice cut through the chaos of the battle as she easily batted aside two of Doctor Hyman's creations with her own weapon.

Kai nodded back and his sword began to change shape and turned into a cannon. “Triforce shot!” Kai shouted. His device flashed once and responded. “Triforce shot ready.”

Kai took careful aim at one of the creatures that they had come to call the Alphabet mages. Solders infused with artifical magic. He smiled as Captain Terranova managed to slam into one of them and knocked it out of the battle formation and stunned it for a moment.
“Fire!”

The barrel of the cannon began to glow and a powerful stream of red energy shot out and sent the artificial mage flying backwards into a wall. Kai was focusing all of his magic into the attack and finally let it up when the creature dissolved as the stream of magic finally broke through its defenses and disintegrated it.

“One down!” He shouted out to Terranova who had just finished off her own foe. Kai took a quick look over at Shana and Hizuni who were holding their own against another one of the solders. Terranova flew over to him and motioned him forward. “We're close to breaking through their front lines but we don't have much time left! For all we know, artificial mage Z could be activated at any moment! If that thing wakes up we're going to be in deep trouble!”

Kai nodded and took a look over at Hizuni and Shana and noticed that they had managed to disable their opponent with some well placed strikes. “Hizuni! He shouted out urgently. “Cover me!”

“Hold on Onii-chan!” The girl shouted back as she activated her advanced form and flew above Kai. She quickly targeted one of the soldiers coming at him and hit it with her Holy light beam attack sending the solder flying back. Kai brought his sword against the various enemies coming at him and deflected their attacks as he finally managed to punch their front lines. He could see the building where project Z was being worked on.

Almost there...Kai thought as he jumped into the air and ran at the building just as the building ahead of him began to glow with an unholy light.

“Kai!” Terranova's voice came through the comm device. “We're too late. Zeus has been activated! We need to fall back and come up with another strategy!”

No time...He thought urgently. If this project had just been activated then it was possible it was still weak and could be taken out with a powerful enough attack.

He could hear Terranova shouting at him from the comm device but he didn't respond. If his plan worked then at the expense of his life many more would be saved. Shana's life.

Goodbye Shana...he thought sadly.

The walls of the building collapsed around a single figure that was standing in the middle of the ruins. Kai landed and ran as quickly as he could at the remains of the building just as the figure raised its arm and a thunderous voice echoed across the battlefield.

Pathetic...you think you stand a chance against me?!

“Dark Cannon!” Kai shouted as he prepared his ultimate attack. “Dark cannon ready.” The device answered. “Fire!”

“Damn right I do!” Kai shouted back as the project was hit by the beam and a cloud of debris were kicked up. Kai honestly thought for a moment that he had stopped the project or had at least slowed it down. That thought quickly was replaced by fear as he saw a beam of pure golden light come flying out of the debris cloud and slammed into both him and Hizuni.

Oh god...It hurts! Kai thought in pure agony as he was sent flying back along with Hizuni into a wall. The wall didn't even slow them down as they went directly through it and continued on until they landed at the feet of Shana and Terranova.

“I...I'm sorry.” He whispered to Shana and Terranova as his world went black.

Flashback ends

He had later learned that Captain Terranova and Captain Aika had bought them the time that they needed to escape with their lives as they had fought against Project Z. Now as far as Kai knew...they were the last survivors of the division. But he still held onto a slight glimmer of hope that they would find more survivors and eventually be able to stop the projects.

Kai looked towards the sky and sighed again as they came close to the hospital. “Come on...it looks like the hospital is still in one piece...well, mostly one piece.”

The group of three had finally found a place to rest for the night. Kai looked over at Shana and sighed again.

I hope that one day...I can make the world safe for you once again...he thought sadly.

Chevron 7 locke has requested a fanfic review for this thread.
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Coruscant Entertainment Centre > Magical Strike Force S: What Remains