lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Is this project dead?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
Brandonallmighty
Lurker

Unhappy Is this project dead?

I have been watching the project for several months and no new news has been available is the project dead?
Brandonallmighty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2011, 06:33 AM   #2
Path-x
Rookie

Quote:
Is this project dead?
I really hope not. But it doesn't look good though. I too have been watching closely and there were no updates. I don't know how many people are still working on it.

Anyway I am really grateful for what they have done so far. If they decide to terminate the project I would be very happy if they released all the maps and work they have done so it wouldn't be for nothing.
Path-x is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
Brandonallmighty
Lurker

Unhappy

I got a email reply from darth linux the supposed producer of the project that he hasn't worked on it for six years. R.I.P. Dark forces mod.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #4
Path-x
Rookie

Unhappy

A bad news indeed. I might email him if he would at least release the unfinished maps so we can see them.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #5
Brandonallmighty
Lurker

Go for it! Maybe someone will finish it.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #6
setlec
Rookie

but there are some mappers that have been making new maps and very good ones! Unfortunately they said that other things had priority and they would try to complete whatever they were mapping. iirc!
setlec is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #7
Brandonallmighty
Lurker

I hope you're right about that but I don't think many people are left working on it if any.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
hhunter6
Rookie

Darth Linux was the original producer of the mod. this changed hands over to Darkstarmojo around 08 09 time frame and now he is in charge of the mod. Please do your research before posting threads such as this.

Sometimes a search is all you need to find the answers you seek
hhunter6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2011, 04:38 PM   #9
Path-x
Rookie

Still, it has been more than a year since the last update.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:13 AM   #10
Brandonallmighty
Lurker

Angry

Plus dearth linux's exact words were "WE haven't worked on the mod for six years."
Old 12-24-2011, 07:07 AM   #11
Path-x
Rookie

I hope Darkstarmojo and the current team didn't give up.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
I'd hate to sound pessimistic, but let's be real here: With a project that was progressing at a snail's pace since the very beginning, and has not seen any updates in more than a year, the chances are very slim that we'll ever see the completed project. Don't get me wrong, I love the team and all the work they've put into this project, but I'm also a realist.

What I would absolutely love would be for the mod to be picked up again possibly by a group of college students who could all work together under one roof, face-to-face. There's just something about personal interaction that gets things done, where people working together across great distances on the Internet lacks the same motivating factor. This is why video games are always produced by tight-knit teams. There has never been a game produced by an Internet team, at least not to my knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2012, 05:08 AM   #13
Ham Yoyo

The project is dead. Info about it is on the front page of the DF Mod website.

I just wish they worked on level 7 instead of all the other stuff they did for the later levels. If that happened we could have got another level out of the mod.

My dream, to watch Imperial ships explode in my gunsights.
Ham Yoyo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Dark Forces Mod > Is this project dead?