lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Best looking Planet Upgrade [Vote more than once]
Korriban 3 21.43%
Dxun 5 35.71%
Dantooine 3 21.43%
Malachore 3 21.43%
Onderon 2 14.29%
Nar shaadaa 2 14.29%
Telos 3 21.43%
2012 mod looks way better 1 7.14%
2011 mod looks way better 1 7.14%
Score 10 4 28.57%
Score 9 2 14.29%
Score 8 1 7.14%
Score 7 2 14.29%
Score 6 and below 1 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: V.E. Upgrade 2012
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Xarwarz
Forumite
 
Xarwarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 620
Veteran Modder 
V.E. Upgrade 2012

This is it the visual upgrade enhancement for the sith lords. These textures are in TGA format. There also in an self extracting exe format all you have to do is point the install to the override directory.

Mod Link

http://www.moddb.com/members/xarwarrz/addons

Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/XediiXarwarz?feature=mhee

DXUN
Show spoiler


Onderon
Show spoiler


Dantooine
Show spoiler


Korriban
Show spoiler


Malachore
Show spoiler


Nar Shaadaa
Show spoiler


Telos
Show spoiler


USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler

Last edited by Xarwarz; 02-06-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
milestails
Junior Member
 
milestails's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 278
Nar Shadaa looks like it was inspired by how it looks in TOR?
milestails is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #3
Xarwarz
Forumite
 
Xarwarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 620
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by milestails View Post
Nar Shadaa looks like it was inspired by how it looks in TOR?
Yea its a dark city so i wanted something to counter that...i also have replacement texture in the files for anyone who dont like the purple glow


USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
milestails
Junior Member
 
milestails's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 278
Really like what you did with Freedon Nadd's tomb on Dxun

Looks like something that was actually built instead of dropped out of the sky
milestails is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
Xarwarz
Forumite
 
Xarwarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 620
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by milestails View Post
Really like what you did with Freedon Nadd's tomb on Dxun

Looks like something that was actually built instead of dropped out of the sky
Yea it came out nicer than expected


USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2012, 12:24 AM   #6
Phildevil
Junior Member
 
Phildevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarwarz View Post
Yea its a dark city so i wanted something to counter that...i also have replacement texture in the files for anyone who dont like the purple glow

Jeez, you've thought about everything! Xedii Xarwarz, your work is fantastic and I can see the progression in your skill too! This is amazing!
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #7
Qui-Don Jorn
Junior Member
 
Qui-Don Jorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Fleet, where are you?
Posts: 435
Current Game: The Old Republic
Helpful! 
EEGAD this is amazing.

I just got the Ebon Hawk reskin and am loving it.
Qui-Don Jorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2012, 02:24 AM   #8
Xarwarz
Forumite
 
Xarwarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 620
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildevil View Post
Jeez, you've thought about everything! Xedii Xarwarz, your work is fantastic and I can see the progression in your skill too! This is amazing!
Thanks i have gotten more organized and creative over the years since 2007. But i think its time to exit modding stage left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuai-Donn Jorn View Post
EEGAD this is amazing.

I just got the Ebon Hawk reskin and am loving it.
Thanks glad you liked it


USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2012, 04:13 AM   #9
Qui-Don Jorn
Junior Member
 
Qui-Don Jorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Fleet, where are you?
Posts: 435
Current Game: The Old Republic
Helpful! 
exit stage left eh?
I keep thinking the same thing...'cept maybe stage right.
Qui-Don Jorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2012, 04:58 AM   #10
Sith Holocron
M4-78
 
Sith Holocron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pasadena, MD(Nar Shaddaa East)
Posts: 1,322
Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Xarwarz, could you post your new skins for the Ebon Hawk in your original post?




Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2012, 05:56 AM   #11
Qui-Don Jorn
Junior Member
 
Qui-Don Jorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Fleet, where are you?
Posts: 435
Current Game: The Old Republic
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarwarz View Post
Thanks i have gotten more organized and creative over the years since 2007. But i think its time to exit modding stage left.



Thanks glad you liked it
Very cool. I'm on Nar Shaddaa at the moment and it's definately more interesting looking. It just sucks we can't control the textures better if you know what I mean. Like what gets a texture and what dosen't if they are using the same names.
Qui-Don Jorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #12
VarsityPuppet
Master of Puppets
 
VarsityPuppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: MN
Posts: 1,252
Current Game: Chrono Trigger
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Cannot wait to try Dxun and Onderon!

Malachor and Korriban I'm a little unsure about.

Korriban is actually fine, just the colors are throwing me off a little. It could be fine though.

Malachor, I'm used to the marble walkway and while the interior reskin is technically nice, it still seems weird (maybe cuz I'm too used to the old version).

VarsityPuppet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #13
newbiemodder
Gentleman Modder
 
newbiemodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 706
Veteran Modder 
looks great Xar..kinda diggin how Malachor looks...unsure about Onderon..but we'll see...nice job.


Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows?

Just exactly what is a head-piece to the Staff of Ra?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206819

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206541

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...t=newbiemodder
newbiemodder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #14
Xarwarz
Forumite
 
Xarwarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 620
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuai-Donn Jorn View Post
Very cool. I'm on Nar Shaddaa at the moment and it's definately more interesting looking. It just sucks we can't control the textures better if you know what I mean. Like what gets a texture and what dosen't if they are using the same names.
Yea i just work around it best i can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
Xarwarz, could you post your new skins for the Ebon Hawk in your original post?
Actually i didnt redo the eben hawk to 2011 version is available at the above link

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarsityPuppet View Post
Cannot wait to try Dxun and Onderon!

Malachor and Korriban I'm a little unsure about.

Korriban is actually fine, just the colors are throwing me off a little. It could be fine though.

Malachor, I'm used to the marble walkway and while the interior reskin is technically nice, it still seems weird (maybe cuz I'm too used to the old version).
Yea i put focus on exteriors in this mod..pics are deceiving at times. thats why i tell people to try first...Yes i know some textures take a minute to get used too but at least its easy on the eyes eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiemodder View Post
looks great Xar..kinda diggin how Malachor looks...unsure about Onderon..but we'll see...nice job.
Thanks..onderon was a hard one like nar shadaa there so many shared textures on these levels its like a puzzle but i did what i could i think it came out nice


USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #15
Phildevil
Junior Member
 
Phildevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 449
Maybe someday you'll try remapping the textures?
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #16
Xarwarz
Forumite
 
Xarwarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 620
Veteran Modder 
No im done with kotor and tsl as for now im pretty pleased how far ive come with these mods....im going of the grid for a long while. But ill check in on comments for this post


USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #17
CptPriceless
Junior Member
 
CptPriceless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 350
Current Game: TSL
Extremely Sexy <3 It looks a lot smoother than before. I think it's just my graphics card but before there were some lines in between every square these textures were applied to. Now it looks much smoother, and much sexier. Very good job man.


CptPriceless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #18
JediRevan1
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
Couldn't download it. Said the site didn't have any mirror sites
JediRevan1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #19
Xarwarz
Forumite
 
Xarwarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 620
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptPriceless View Post
Extremely Sexy <3 It looks a lot smoother than before. I think it's just my graphics card but before there were some lines in between every square these textures were applied to. Now it looks much smoother, and much sexier. Very good job man.
Thanks id recommend a an up to date graphics card for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediRevan1 View Post
Couldn't download it. Said the site didn't have any mirror sites
The site seems to be having issues have to try later


USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #20
Zerimar Nyliram
Senior Member
 
Zerimar Nyliram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Posts: 1,449
Forum Veteran 
Well, I love the level of detail, but the colors are too "loud" in most places, and look too much like a solid sheet of texture. It's kind of reminiscent of an old PS1 Tomb Raider game in some places, most notably Telos' interior and Feedon Nadd's tomb's interior. It looks totally different in the videos from the screenshots; the screenshots are extremely flattering.


Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #21
milestails
Junior Member
 
milestails's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 278
The new skybox for the Telos Polar Plateau is STUNNING! Mountains, vistas, and lakes! Obsidian should be ashamed of themselves for the one they had put in.
milestails is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #22
Xarwarz
Forumite
 
Xarwarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 620
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
Well, I love the level of detail, but the colors are too "loud" in most places, and look too much like a solid sheet of texture. It's kind of reminiscent of an old PS1 Tomb Raider game in some places, most notably Telos' interior and Feedon Nadd's tomb's interior. It looks totally different in the videos from the screenshots; the screenshots are extremely flattering.
Yea i had to work based on where the texture got shared in certain areas to avoid to many odd textures showing up in the wrong place. If i used a texture with lines in freedom tomb then it would have looked odd in some places, so i used two different solid textures for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestails View Post
The new skybox for the Telos Polar Plateau is STUNNING! Mountains, vistas, and lakes! Obsidian should be ashamed of themselves for the one they had put in.
Thanks does wonders for that spot


USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #23
Christos K
Forumite
 
Christos K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 744
Would your 2011 TSL Mod or your 2012 TSL Mod more closely resemble the KotOR 2012 one?
So far I really like the 2012 TSL one from the screens and such so good job 10/10 BUT I don't want to install it and then go back and forth between KotOR Dantooine/Korriban and TSL Dantooine/Korriban and see drastic changes.


"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #24
Xarwarz
Forumite
 
Xarwarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 620
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K View Post
Would your 2011 TSL Mod or your 2012 TSL Mod more closely resemble the KotOR 2012 one?
So far I really like the 2012 TSL one from the screens and such so good job 10/10 BUT I don't want to install it and then go back and forth between KotOR Dantooine/Korriban and TSL Dantooine/Korriban and see drastic changes.
Well the noticable factors from thos planets would be the rocks on the tsl 2012 are more realistic in depth of perception...meaning the cracks and bulging rocks have a shadow between them


USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2012, 12:25 AM   #25
selty
Rookie
 
selty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 16
I'd just like to thank you for continuing making TSL a better game than it already is. It's my favourite game. Thank you so much.
selty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #26
Xarwarz
Forumite
 
Xarwarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 620
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by selty View Post
I'd just like to thank you for continuing making TSL a better game than it already is. It's my favourite game. Thank you so much.
Your welcome enjoy


USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #27
Dak Drexl
Senior Member
 
Dak Drexl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,078
Helpful! 
Thank you for using .tga's. I wasn't able to use your older release for k1 because of the weird .dds stuff, so thanks

Top notch skins as always!

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2012, 03:20 AM   #28
Xarwarz
Forumite
 
Xarwarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 620
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Drexl View Post
Thank you for using .tga's. I wasn't able to use your older release for k1 because of the weird .dds stuff, so thanks

Top notch skins as always!
Sorry late reply yea i tga are more mb but its easier for everyone


USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
JEDI.ACADEMY. HI REZ LIGHTING--MODELS ON MOD DB--VE-2013--TSL V.E. 2012--KOTOR 2012......

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2014, 01:13 AM   #29
FunkyLeorox
Lurker
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4
Hey Xarwarzz, so how I understand it the purp!e glow was intended?? Because its on Telos at the TSF station and it's annoying and I don't like it. No offense.
FunkyLeorox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2014, 08:08 AM   #30
Phildevil
Junior Member
 
Phildevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 449
Yeah, that can be changed somewhat easily with photoshop or The GIMP.
Phildevil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > V.E. Upgrade 2012

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.