Thread: Improvement Suggestions
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Improvement Suggestions

Character idleness- I noticed while playing the main characters they stand stiff like the droids. When i look back at kotor 1 characters had some kind of movement which made them look lively. Id very much like to have an idle animation even if they just breathed they would look alive.

Graphics- Now i understand that mmos purposely use light graphics to appeal to people with a crappy pc but there should be an option for people with a better pc. I know there is an option to set the graphics on high but i fail to see the real difference. Id like to atleast see some DEPTH added to the textures to make the appearance of cracks and rocks look more impressive. Korriban looks like cartoon land due to the lighting if it had some DEPTH it might not be so cartoony.

Thats all for now as i play more ill have more ideas.

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
TSL-O.T.E.--MODELS ON MOD DB......
Show spoiler

OTHER
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #2
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
A high-res texture pack would make a large difference, some of the textures for armor is just awful.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
A high-res texture pack would make a large difference, some of the textures for armor is just awful.
Yeah it surprises me how low res the armor texture is, I would want those textures to look the best.

I also agree about the idle animations. You can barely see the character breathing and he just looks like a rock. Mine never moves his armor or adjusts his position or anything.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2011, 03:04 PM   #4
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
Hopefully they'll offer a hi res option im confused at why the have mass effect series and dragon age series with excellent looking characters and tor is so bland. Its not 2003 anymore they have to do more......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Yeah it surprises me how low res the armor texture is, I would want those textures to look the best.

I also agree about the idle animations. You can barely see the character breathing and he just looks like a rock. Mine never moves his armor or adjusts his position or anything.
I dont think they do breath i stood by a droid at the academy and they look they same stiff to me. If they had a droid class well that would be normal but even in kotor the droid would move around

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
Show spoiler

OTHER
Show spoiler
Old 12-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #5
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Mine never moves his armor or adjusts his position or anything.
Move, problem solved.

Agree on the armor textures needs improving, between the low-res look and clipping issues, the armors are really disappointing.

Last edited by mimartin; 12-22-2011 at 03:39 PM.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
It would be nice if when you went AFK they would at least go into a /bored animation. Or heck even a random action.

Personally I would REALLY like to be able to move my UI around. To be honest it would be nice if we could at least drag our inventory around

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2011, 07:45 PM   #7
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
A moddable UI is coming in the near future. It just wasn't in for launch.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #8
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
One featured I'd like to see is the ability to place your own markers on the map as well as allowing you to select more than one set of standard markers (vendors, trainers, etc) you can show on the map at once.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #9
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
All the above

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #10
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I want player stats. I want to see how many kills I have and what type. How much I have healed, damage...How many times I've died (maybe I don't want to see that). How many credits I spent on training, armor, weapons, crew skills...
Old 01-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #11
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Allowing us to use the strafe left and strafe right keys as left and right in space combat as well as the left and right buttons... since I don't have the left and right buttons bound to my G13...

Old 01-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #12
Taak Farst
Eat The Rude

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Forum Veteran 
More complete emote animations. For example -
/sleep makes the character do nothing, but the text log shows '(name) goes to sleep in front of (target player)' or something along those lines
/lol /laugh etc has the animation but no laugh sound.

Taak Farst is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #13
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taak Farst View Post
/lol /laugh etc has the animation but no laugh sound.
Trust me, as a smuggler healer, you don't want the laugh sound. I hear that crap in my sleep now. Oh, your companion just took a blaster bolt to the face. ***giggles...before healing damage...giggles some more.*** It really gets annoying after the 1000th time.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #14
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
In reference to the character idleness, sometimes when I have my Jedi Knight's lightsaber out, she'll twirl her wrist after a few moments of not doing anything, but that's really it. I guess Bioware figured that if you're playing TOR, you're not really going to be standing around.

They really do need to fix the whole female Twi'lek headband disappearing issue though. I'm okay with no Jedi hoods for them (for now), but why would you take away the head band? Makes zero sense to me.

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #15
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

I may be completely looking over them.. but I'd like built-in voice chat (with party). True enough there's Ventrillo, great for guild-only but not an ideal solution for PUG groups.

Also, GUI re-arranging. HATE the static bars and menu positions.

DDO has all the above, plus you can create/position/filter/auto-hide multiple chat channels to always have them in view. Hopefully more GUI options will be coming down the pipe.

example of my DDO (cluttered but effective) layout. 6 chat windows in 3 tabs each with custom filters of what type chat appears

If I'm missing these, feel free to enlighten me.. hehe

Just started yesterday, so still relatively new.. but lack of voice chat has pretty much kept me in solo mode for now while I get my bearings. So much stuff going on, there's no chance of me being able to stop and type anything..

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #16
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post
I may be completely looking over them.. but I'd like built-in voice chat (with party). True enough there's Ventrillo, great for guild-only but not an ideal solution for PUG groups.

Also, GUI re-arranging. HATE the static bars and menu positions.

DDO has all the above, plus you can create/position/filter/auto-hide multiple chat channels to always have them in view. Hopefully more GUI options will be coming down the pipe.

example of my DDO (cluttered but effective) layout. 6 chat windows in 3 tabs each with custom filters of what type chat appears

If I'm missing these, feel free to enlighten me.. hehe

Just started yesterday, so still relatively new.. but lack of voice chat has pretty much kept me in solo mode for now while I get my bearings. So much stuff going on, there's no chance of me being able to stop and type anything..
Woot!

Skype is our friend. And yes, BW is working on the UI. That drives me nuts, too. At least I figured out how to drag the chat box down to the bottom so that I can read without having to crane my neck up to the top to see through my bifocals.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2012, 05:29 AM   #17
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
Woot!

Skype is our friend. And yes, BW is working on the UI. That drives me nuts, too. At least I figured out how to drag the chat box down to the bottom so that I can read without having to crane my neck up to the top to see through my bifocals.
Might have to try that.. though I'd still kill for an in-game solution (for voice). DDO is so convenient because it's either auto or push-to-talk. Always had my Left+Alt hotkeyed for talking. Being the party Rogue.. I had many a "TRAP!" warnings for the party.. hehehe

Finally figured out how to configure multiple chat windows with filters though.. so that's nice to have. Glad to see they allowed for that.

Now they just need smaller window borders and I'll be happy

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #18
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Respawns are another annoying issue at times i get caught in respawn after a battle. Or when u have to run around the level u have to fight the same characters u just killed....kind of makes it feel like the.....Old Redundant

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
Show spoiler

OTHER
Show spoiler
Old 01-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #19
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
They have added a new "Suggestion Box" area on the official forums specifically for this sort of thing. Might want to post your ideas over there.

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349
Old 01-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #20
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...97#post2091097

Old 01-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #21
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Just added my own - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=227624
Old 02-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #22
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Sexy nurse uniform for my smuggler.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > Improvement Suggestions