lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Help Keyboard doesn't respond with game
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Slappindabass
Lurker

Help Keyboard doesn't respond with game

Hi,

I hope someone can help me.

I finally managed to get a copy of Grim Fandango (a game I've been hoping to get a chance to play for years). Installed it, watched the introductory movie thing and then....I can't move the character.

None of the keys on my laptop make the character respond. I even tried plugging in a Wireless USB keyboard to see if, for some reason, there is a problem with my keyboard. Again nothing happens.

I am running Windows 7 and have followed the instructions I found online about using the Grim Fandango launcher from the Quick and Easy site. I am also running it in Compatability Mode for Windows 98.

The odd thing is, when I close the program (closing it by clicking the cross in the windowed version or 'Alt+F4' on the fullscreen version) I get a game menu that pops up which asks me whether I really want to exit the game 'Y for yes and N for No' and now the game responds to what I type on my laptop keyboard.

Please can someone help?

Thanks
Slappindabass is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
Gownaar
Rookie

I sure can help. Keyboards are so 20th century, what you need is control via neural implants. Operation + software&accessories for $399.99! PM me for details.
In the meantime... your problem is not typical, at least not to my knowledge, and I doubt you'll find some specific solution. Now, I made this alternative installer (you don't have to look far to find it) that's been known to solve some common issues - will it solve yours is hard to tell, I wouldn't bet on it but it's worth a try. In case your problem is just some atypical symptom of a known issue, it will help. If not, you may have to play GF on another machine. Or get those implants. Or a joystick.
Gownaar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
Gownaar
Rookie

Neural implants thing turned out to be a kidney harvesting scam. Sorry, Slappindabass.
Gownaar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Glottis' Garage > Help Keyboard doesn't respond with game