Thread: SWTOR Lead Writer Drew Karpyshyn Leaves BioWare
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
News
starwarsmmo.net newsfeed

Lightbulb SWTOR Lead Writer Drew Karpyshyn Leaves BioWare

Drew Karpyshyn, the veteran BioWare writer who has worked with the studio since games like Baldur’s Gate 2, has announced via his personal blog that he is leaving BioWare and the gaming industry altogether. Karpyshyn is leaving to focus on … Continue reading »

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...
News is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Helpful! 
He wasn't the TOR lead writer. Far from it. In fact, I'm not sure he actually contributed any significant content to the base game, as he was still working on ME2 at the time. I suspect his involvement won't be seen until future major content (major patches/expansions) rolls out in the next 12-18 months.

He was the KOTOR and Mass Effect 1 lead writer, and co-lead writer for ME2 (with Mac Walters).
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
IIRC He wrote the Jedi knight class story in tOR. He will be missed, as we all know KotOR and its amazing Story is why a majority of us even come here. Hopefully we'll see more great novels now.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Ah, my bad, seems he did work on the JK. Makes sense I guess, given the ties with the Revan novel. Based on all the other classes though, he wouldn't have been the sole writer. Seems they distributed bits of each class to a number of writers from what I have seen/read.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > News > Republic Holonet > SWTOR Lead Writer Drew Karpyshyn Leaves BioWare