lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Revan's Jedi Robes (2.0)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Revan's Jedi Robes (2.0)

I've been working on old mods a lot lately and I noticed how poor the first version was. It was simply a texture file (and not one of my best to tell the truth). No uti file to get it in the game, no instructions on how to use the texture, nothing. I was really disappointed with myself.

So here is a new version that is much better than my sorry excuse for a previous version.

Description:
This mod takes the ever popular Darth Revan Robe and gives it a Jedi feel to it. This version includes the robes as a seperate item so it can be used in conjunction with the original Darth Revan robes. Also included are several items that can be used only by Revan. The robes and mask come with unique icons. All complete with TSL Patcher installation. All the items can be obtained in the game without the cheats.

Screenshot 1
Show spoiler

Screenshot 2
Show spoiler

Screenshot 3
Show spoiler

Screenshot 4
Show spoiler

Readme File
Show spoiler

Alternative Download Link
EDIT 2: Here is a link to replace the megaupload one.
http://www.filedropper.com/77zmjedirevanv20

KOTOR Files Link
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...i_Robes;120355

~ I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Last edited by ZimmMaster; 02-22-2012 at 12:28 PM.
ZimmMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
CptPriceless

Current Game: TSL
WOAH! Huge improvement man! I personally loved the brown touch to the old version, but this new version just looks more... "Revanish", but it still retains that feel of a light side garment. Excellent work! Keep it up!

CptPriceless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptPriceless View Post
WOAH! Huge improvement man! I personally loved the brown touch to the old version, but this new version just looks more... "Revanish", but it still retains that feel of a light side garment. Excellent work! Keep it up!
That is what I was going for. Make Revan look like a Jedi but still Revan at the same time! The previous version just did not do that. That's what I like about the second screenshot. The way it turned out was great. You still have Revan, but you have a Jedi too.

~ I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Current Game: Kotor 1
maybe... in a further update you could make a sith robe to suit all us darksiders? Great mod man, instant download
UltimateHK47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #5
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthJango/Weasley View Post
maybe... in a further update you could make a sith robe to suit all us darksiders? Great mod man, instant download
There are many of those out there already. I use the one that comes with the Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge mod.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:19 AM   #6
UltimateHK47
Forumite

ahh, fair enough
Old 11-19-2011, 07:32 AM   #7
UltimateHK47
Forumite

how do you do your skins in gimp like that? although ive only tsarted skinning
Old 11-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #8
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
how do you do your skins in gimp like that? although ive only tsarted skinning
This would be better done through PM. So this thread can stay on topic. Expect one from me.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #9
UltimateHK47
Forumite

True, i got the pm btw. And just asking, how long did it take you to do this?
Old 12-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #10
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
True, i got the pm btw. And just asking, how long did it take you to do this?
If you don't count the several hours I spent trying to figure out the scripting, about 2 hours.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:21 AM   #11
UltimateHK47
Forumite

hmm, thanks zm
Old 12-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #12
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Helpful! Veteran Modder 
This mod has now been approved to Kotor Files.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...i_Robes;120355

Old 12-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #13
Darth Dan 012
Rookie

Awesome job! I definitely have to download this.
Darth Dan 012 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #14
UltimateHK47
Forumite

The kotor files link dosn't work.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...12#post2807812
The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

USED TO BE KNOWN AS DARTH JANGO/WEASLEY
Old 01-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #15
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
The kotor files link dosn't work.
KFiles is still having problems, so I'm not that surprised. I've encountered many of them myself. Just use the alternate link in the first post.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:58 AM   #16
Christos K
Forumite

Any chance the texture for this robe would work on the default Star Forge Robes found in the vanilla game?
I know how modding for KotOR works but there have been times where I've found .tga's and .txi's working for .mdl's and .mdx's when they weren't supposed to.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #17
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K View Post
Any chance the texture for this robe would work on the default Star Forge Robes found in the vanilla game?
I know how modding for KotOR works but there have been times where I've found .tga's and .txi's working for .mdl's and .mdx's when they weren't supposed to.
Sure, just rename the models to N_StarForge01.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #18
Christos K
Forumite

Rename the models or the textures? If I renamed the models wouldn't it replace the vanilla SF robe models?

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #19
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K View Post
Rename the models or the textures? If I renamed the models wouldn't it replace the vanilla SF robe models?
My bad, I thought you were wanting to replace the models. If you want to keep the model but use the texture, yes, you rename the texture to N_StarForge01.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #20
Rejeans501st
Rookie

Hey i tried both sites you put a link to and neither of them work filefront says they cant locate the files at this time and mega upload says that this site has been seized as an order from the U.S. district court. is there anywhere else i can get these files? they look really cool.

Thanks That last one Filedropper.com Worked for me. looking forward to trying this mod!thanks again

Last edited by Rejeans501st; 02-23-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Rejeans501st is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #21
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejeans501st View Post
Hey i tried both sites you put a link to and neither of them work filefront says they cant locate the files at this time and mega upload says that this site has been seized as an order from the U.S. district court. is there anywhere else i can get these files? they look really cool
KFiles link works for me. Strange. Anyway, here is a new link to replace the megaupload.

http://www.filedropper.com/77zmjedirevanv20

Old 02-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #22
Rejeans501st
Rookie

hey was wondering if this happend to anyone else i downloaded this and installed it but ingame when i click the robe to put it on my whole game crashes.

Granted i did use cheatcodes to get them as im not at where i can get them yet. is that why?
Old 03-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #23
Matten
Lurker

That's my problem too. It crashes if I click on the robe. I used KSE too, because I talked to Carth in the Korriban Sith Academy, and the compartment didn't spawned. :/ what's the problem and/or the solution?
Matten is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #24
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejeans501st View Post
hey was wondering if this happend to anyone else i downloaded this and installed it but ingame when i click the robe to put it on my whole game crashes.

Granted i did use cheatcodes to get them as im not at where i can get them yet. is that why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matten View Post
That's my problem too. It crashes if I click on the robe. I used KSE too, because I talked to Carth in the Korriban Sith Academy, and the compartment didn't spawned. :/ what's the problem and/or the solution?
I'm sorry you two are having this problem. I don't know what is happening. I tried it out both ways in-game and cheats. I don't use the KSE cause it does not work for me. But the only thing I can think is conflicting mods. Can either of you try to obtain it in game and not through the cheats?

Old 03-02-2012, 01:42 AM   #25
Matten
Lurker

I can't. Because I talked to Carth, I have the Datapad, and still the box haven't appeared. I think the problem might be, that I didn't talk to ON the Hawk.
Matten is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #26
Rejeans501st
Rookie

ok I kind of got it to work. I Havent even got on to taris yet as im not playing this right now but something i did is i have another mod that gives me revan robes but i dont like them so i took the tga file and went and got my other robe and renamed your robe as what its robe was.

so now i got them in game thanks to me messing with it there just called Revans lite side robes or something like that cause that is what the other robes where called.
but becuase of this there are several thing that i should say.

1. Unfortanitly the head clips now and the cape is a board so they are better than the other mod in looks but because of the changes i had to do to make them work they are now annoying if someone else where to try this fix i would look for a mod kind of like this one where it adds a new and or extra revan robe that is fixed like no cliping and cape isnt a board then try these fixes and it should work.

and number 2. while it probably is my other mods that are causing this for me as i always put blame to my overide folder first anyway cause i have so many different mods the fact that renaming the tga file as another mod worked means that the problem is your other file for the robes are not compatible with other mods like it so great mod but you might want to make it compatible with someother mods like this or not your choice

3. the talking to carth outside of the ebon hawk about being revan and it not working sounds lika a bug with your mod as it does say in your readme to talk to carth about being revan but my guess is that you have to do it ON the ebon hawk which if your not going to try to fix then you should put in your readme to speak on the ebon hawk so more people dont mess up like guy above me and get mad at your mod but if you want to i would say fix the mod so it dosnt matter where you are.

alright thanks this is a decent mod
Old 03-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #27
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimmMaster View Post
I'm sorry you two are having this problem. I don't know what is happening. I tried it out both ways in-game and cheats. I don't use the KSE cause it does not work for me. But the only thing I can think is conflicting mods. Can either of you try to obtain it in game and not through the cheats?
Perhaps you didn't make a condtional script to check if your on the hawk? Is it a one time dialouge or is it repeat able. Either way, im betting you don't have a conditional?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...12#post2807812
The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

USED TO BE KNOWN AS DARTH JANGO/WEASLEY
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Revan's Jedi Robes (2.0)