lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New MDLOps
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-29-2008, 03:03 AM   #121
Kemosavi
Lurker

I'm really new to the whole "modding scene", but I've been working with Max for a while. Anyway, I've followed the Readme from the older one, and with both versions when I try to convert the .mdl it says "does not exist!" Any kind of help would be much appreciated! :P
Kemosavi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-29-2008, 05:07 PM   #122
Sithspecter
Big things are coming...

Current Game: Mechwarrior II: Mercenaries
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder LFN Staff Member 
If you haven't extracted BOTH the .mdl and the .mdx, it won't work.

Sithspecter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-29-2008, 05:28 PM   #123
Kemosavi
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithspecter
If you haven't extracted BOTH the .mdl and the .mdx, it won't work.

I have both the w_blstrrfl_001.mdl and w_blstrrfl_001.mdx on my desktop, and it still won't work.

http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wotvb0.jpg

Edit:: It appears that the program could not read the space after my windows name. I put the files in my d: drive and it worked
Kemosavi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2008, 12:07 PM   #124
settoken
Rookie

Cool Guy yeahh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemosavi
Edit:: It appears that the program could not read the space after my windows name. I put the files in my d: drive and it worked
Man !!! if you're right it's the best day of my life !!!! ok it isn't but I'm really happy
That f*cking problem is turning me mad since 2 months
Nobody able to answer me
I'll test it and...man, thx a lot if it works
settoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2008, 01:51 PM   #125
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
What OS are you using Kemosavi? If it is Vista it could be because of changes in Vista.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2008, 02:39 PM   #126
settoken
Rookie

take a look at the screenshot...
Old 03-05-2008, 08:50 PM   #127
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Well, to someone who hasn't had the opportunity to use Vista, it may not be apparent from the screenshot that someone is or isn't using Vista. And in any case, the screenshot can only be so informative when anyone can download one of hundreds of Vista skins for XP.

Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2008, 10:06 PM   #128
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by settoken
take a look at the screenshot...
Also not everybody can look at screenshots in there place of business due to bandwidth restrictions. My employer locks out certain sites altogether and any webpage url link that starts with "img" is blocked. So with the time it takes to say look at a screenshot you could say yes it is or no it is not Vista. Also too note Vista has a classic view option that allows it too look like older versions of windows, not too mention that screenie doesn't show the task bar.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2008, 02:51 AM   #129
settoken
Rookie

yes

you both are right, It was just a silly answer, didn't meant to be annoying

sorry again
Old 03-30-2008, 03:39 PM   #130
Princess Artemis

I'm having a bizarre problem with mdlops...

I installed the newest version yesterday, and when I attempt to read/write a model for TSL, mdlops hangs at "reading binary model".

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, now I can't use mdlops 0.5, which I had working fine yesterday but now throws this error when I try to read/write a binary:
reading binary file
Tk::Error: can't open MDX file
Tk callback for .button2
Tk::__ANON__ at /PerlApp/Tk.pm line 247
Tk::Button::butUp at /PerlApp/Tk/Button.pm line 111
<ButtonRelease-1>
(command bound to event)

Anyone know what I can do about this? It's a terribly inconvenient time for mdlops to stop working just as I was about to make an attempt to learn how to make models and remodel some things.

ETA: And if anyone could direct me to where in the blazes mdlops is keeping its history file, I'd be much obliged--it doesn't seem right that I can try every which way but up to try to get mdlops to forget it ever existed on my machine but it can still find the last folder I opened anything with it.

Son of ETA: Never mind on the first part, I figured out the problem was mostly EBCAK, but with a side of TSL having mismatched lists of .mdl and .mdx files. In other words, I thought I had the .mdx files but I didn't (because TSL didn't HAVE .mdx files for the .mdls I'd extracted...). ::headdesk:: I would like to know where mdlops hides its history though. ::slinks off to the land of dumb computer users::

Princess Artemis -- Telosian Archives -- KotOR stuff, including mods.

Last edited by Princess Artemis; 03-30-2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.
Princess Artemis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #131
Shaggoth

so if i want to convert models from k2 to k1, i should just read it, click on k1 option and write?

[ about.me ]
Shaggoth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > New MDLOps