Thread: The Old Republic for Dummies
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #241
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
You are correct the overhealing thing is one of my problems. The only heals I should be spamming according to what I have read today is Diagnostic Scan and Slow-Release Medpacs to keep energy up and Upper Hand at the ready.

Another example why it is me and not Lynk that is the problem. All those big heals are pulling aggro too fast. I'm all for blaming Lynk for any and everything, but in this case it is me.

Last edited by mimartin; 02-18-2012 at 12:54 AM.
mimartin is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2012, 03:16 AM   #242
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
@ DP: Perhaps you should know more about the mechanics of the fight and the situation we were in before you start criticizing me.

The reason mim was getting so much agro was, as he said, he was using his big heals instead of his small ones. This is because he wasn't geared up at all for hard mode flashpoints and he didn't have that much in the way of daily commendation modifications to be as effective as he probably should have been.

We were basically fast tracking him and trying to get him gear as quickly as possible and skipping a few steps along the way. It may mean that situations come along where he has to use abilities unnecessarily that end up pulling agro away from me.

It's not entirely possible for the tank to hold all of the agro 100% of the time like you seem to expect to do. That's not how it works at all. The way it DOES work is that the team needs to work together to manage threat together, this includes the healer and the dps in the group, not just the tank. Healers need to heal smartly and DPS need to manage their dps level so they don't generate too much threat to pull it away from the tank but at the same time have enough dps put on the boss so it doesn't enrage and **** us all up.

As I said before, since we were fast tracking mim and trying to get him Columi gear as quick as possible, this balance wasn't being met. It took us a few goes during that one particular boss battle to figure out the balance... which is standard operation for a lot of boss battles, particularly in a hard mode flashpoint or an operation.

With each failure we were able to learn and adapt and figure out how to work with the imbalance and succeed in the end. That's how it works, we don't just give up if we fail once or run away and say "i give up" cause it seems too hard and leave the others to die, that's not how teamwork works.

Every time mim pulled agro, I'd taunt and get the agro back on me... the PROBLEM however in this particular situation is that mim is extremely fragile in the state he was in. Even a second of agro pulled meant that his health dropped like a stone. The next problem is that there are 3 different targets I needed to worry about who were all spread out over a wide area. The main boss and then two turrets on either side of the boss which are fare enough away from each other that the AOE taunt is only effective on ONE of the targets at a time which means that I can only effectively taunt TWO of the THREE enemies off of mim, Jeff AND Mav (who are also fragile themselves but not as much) all at once.

But as I said, after a few tries (not too many) we figured out a way to work with the imbalance and we finally defeated the boss even though it took out mim and then Jeff at the end. Mav and I managed to hold out, long enough at the end to take out the two turrets after the boss fell. We also cleverly shared agro at the end so we could make sure that we held out for longer to take out the turrets and all survive to claim our prize.

In a perfect world, I'd hold agro 100% of the time, the DPS and the healers would get no damage and I'd be the only one need healing... but that NEVER happens in an MMO, not even with the best tank on the entire planet because there are things in this game that prevent that from happening simply because they're built into the mechanics of the fight to throw each member of the team off and MAKE you find a way to work around the fact that your obvious skills won't help you so simply.

As I've discovered, that's what makes MMO's cool and I find it really silly when people start complaining cause they don't have a perfect set of skills to hold agro all the time or some crap like that. Every characters moveset is meant to be imperfect because you're meant to play with others and you're meant to use all of the skills of the group to compliment each other and find a balance to defeat the enemies.

TL;DR
It wasn't my fault and it wasn't mim's fault, we just needed to find a way to balance the teams abilities to defeat the boss... which we did, and mim got his Columi chest piece out of it. We win, hurrah!

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #243
snommism
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snommism View Post
I forgot to mention the first post, and almost forgot again. We do have a level 50 sawbones in guild, within 24hours of hitting 50 she took part in a successful (normal mode) EV run (I wasn't there so I don't know if she got carried by the other healer (8 person team)). We're about to (literally minutes from now) run hard mode EV now so I'll try to keep my eye on her and let you know.
She did fine healing in hard mode eternity vault, last night. I didn't really ask the other healer if she was having to work overtime to pick up slack or anything but I know we had little to no deaths. Even if the other healer was picking up some slack it would be hard to judge as the sawbones has some pretty poor gear ><

Good news though (and some bad for sages I guess):
Quote:
We plan on improving the overall Area of Effect healing performance of the Mercenary/Commando in the next major Game Update (1.2) by increasing the number of targets affected by Kolto Missile/Kolto Bomb.

As for Scoundrels having no tools for short burst healing, we donít agree with that assessment. A scoundrel, for example, is capable of producing rather significant burst healing output by using Upper Hand gained from Underworld Medicine or Kolto Injection to trigger an instant Emergency Medpack or Surgical probe when needed. That said, we certainly think thereís room for improvements (and our upcoming Game Update 1.2 has a sizeable chunk of such improvements). For example, we are shifting the healing created by the Kolto Cloud ability to be front loaded in 1.2 to allow it to act as an emergency Area of Effect healing tool.

Finally, the perception of a specific class being not desirable can also be affected by the desirability of other classes. For example, Sage/Inquisitor healers are currently able to exceed our intended healing performance at times by affecting multiple heals with the same Conveyance/Force Bending buff. Game Update 1.2 will remove the ability to do so.
snommism is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #244
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
She did fine healing in hard mode eternity vault, last night.
Thanks that is good to hear.

I pretty much think I can get this down now. Just can't believe I was doing so many things wrong. Between not setting up healing frames, because I felt they just got in my way, to not using all my ablilities because I didn't fully understand them. I was being hard headed about this. Being sturborn served me well in completing the game solo as a healer, but it was just being stupid in groups.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #245
snommism
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
I pretty much think I can get this down now.
And that is good to hear!

Quote:
Between not setting up healing frames, because I felt they just got in my way,
Enlighten me on these healing frames please
Old 02-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #246
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

This quy can do it better than me.

View page
YouTube Video
Old 02-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #247
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
He means Operation Frames (or "Raid" Frames in other games) which are usually only used when you turn a party into an operations group. There's an option in the preferences so you can have a regular 4 man party use the Operations frames thus allowing you to customise their placement and size, making it easier for healers to do their thing...

I use them myself despite being a healer because it allows me to keep better tabs on the status of the other players in my party and who is taking damage so I can immediately take the threat off of them when playing as my vanguard.

Here's a screenshot to show you what I mean... don't mind the other stuff happening in it...

...I have the frame size set to MAXIMUM but you can adjust the size and the positioning to your liking very easily.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #248
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Help with Crew Skill...

Alright I have no clue what I'm doing wrong with crew skills. I know on my first character I just waited too long before starting them, so I had to purchase crafting material from the network to make any progress with Biochem, but with my second character I have killed and scanned anything and everything and still can’t keep up with demand. It has been far better than my first try and she is about as the same level in biochem as my smuggler, but do I just have to breakdown and purchase materials from the network to get anywhere? Or do you have to constantly retrace your steps and kill the same thing over and over to have sufficient materials?

Bioanalysis is great, I’m motoring right along with it, even have it maxed out with my smuggler. Diplomacy is easy too. Had to add on to my cargo hold to store all the materials it nets me, too bad it isn’t a better assortment.

I am really tempted with my next character to just give him/her Gathering and Mission skills and then sell that stuff on the Network and buy what I need off the Network.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #249
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Quote:
do I just have to breakdown and purchase materials from the network to get anywhere? Or do you have to constantly retrace your steps and kill the same thing over and over to have sufficient materials?
Pretty much.

A lot of people ask why I fret over the amount leveling up and equipment costs when I should be tripping over credits. Well, my vice is skill missions and once you hit lvl 5-6missions, they can get horribly expensive, especially trying to crit purple resources (which most biochem prototypes blue/purple use) Beats having to re-trace steps over a planet.

I will harvest nodes when I come up to them during my missions, but I'm not about to go traipsing around a planet just for resources. Plenty of time to do that after I hit 50.

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #250
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
So, having searched on the web, it seems some flashpoints on Ilum (which I haven't done yet) give daily commendations. Can anyone confirm this, but more importantly, is it worth doing for dailies, knowing these FPs probably take at least an hour to complete?

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #251
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
So, having searched on the web, it seems some flashpoints on Ilum (which I haven't done yet) give daily commendations. Can anyone confirm this, but more importantly, is it worth doing for dailies, knowing these FPs probably take at least an hour to complete?
I didn't realize they gave daily commendations so it must be a recent change (or maybe is that for normal mode and not hard mode? I haven't done normals recently) but if you have a good group they go pretty quick. Still, if you are going for daily gear, doing the regular daily quests on Ilum and Belsavis are much quiicker than doing a flashpoint. I guess it depends how many commendations you get from the flashpoint.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #252
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
OK, I'm up to level 13 and having to start making decisions on which tree my Jedi Guardian will go. Any suggestions? And should I focus on 1 tree, or mix and match?

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2012, 06:48 AM   #253
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
It has been said before that a Guardian tank is a bit of a challenge because of the trouble of holding aggro, among other things. I'm playing a Guardian tank myself and I'm following a build that has more skill points in Vigilance (a DPS tree) than in Defense (the tank tree). But I think that only shows the complexity and challenge that is a tank Guardian. If you go for a DPS Guardian (which is a safer bet and easier to get into for new players, I think), it might be best to focus on one tree and pick up a few skills from the other trees on the way.

But I think Jeff has a level 50 Guardian, so he might be better equipped to answer your question.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #254
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Thanks, that's helpful! This is PvE you are referring to, I take it?

Old 03-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #255
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

It's best to stick with a DPS spec guardian anyway if you're planning to go through the PvE content solo, otherwise as a tank spec it'll take a billion years to kill things... I should know, I ran through the entire game from start to where I am now as a Tank specced Vanguard. Some of the content I did solo but most of it I ran with Jeff, Mav and Kus.

Solo tanking with a healing companion will ensure that you'll never die, but it also means that each fight will be very long and drawn out, especially boss battles.

Also, don't let us tell you what you should spend your skill points on. It's much better to figure out how everything works on your own and if you really need to respec, you can through a vendor on the Fleet station or on Coruscant. Just go with whatever looks right to you and you'll most likely come up with a spec that works for your play style.

Don't really need to worry about specifics until you reach end game and start doing hard mode flashpoints and ops and that kind of stuff if you choose to do that kind of jazz.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #256
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Good points.

I started out planning on focusing on the Vigiliance tree, and I guess I'll continue that way. So far I have been fairly easily dispatching whatever I face. Only a few bosses had me loading up on stims beforehand.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #257
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Is the bonus to a complete armor set only for epic gear, or does it apply to all gear, high and low? I'd like to complete my Mercenary Foundry armor, because the leggings and boots make me look kind of ridiculous at the moment, but since Foundry boots and leggings are rare, I'm not sure if I should wait to complete the set to apply my high-end mods, unless there's an extra bonus for doing so. Alternately, if anyone can commend bronze-colored leggings and boots (orange items) to go with the Foundry Chestpiece, it'd be close enough.

About the items gained from daily commendations: where do I get mods other than the barrels and armoring that can be bought at the Belsavis and Ilum vendors? Are those the items that drop from the daily heroics?

Lastly, for those who might not know (it is sometimes not included in guides on daily commendations), there's a space mission, Operation Ascendant Pride for Imperials and Operation New Eclipse for Republicans, that gives 2 daily commendations. Pretty important for those that only do the soloable dailies.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #258
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Any suggestions?
I'd agree with Lynk and Miltiades, the game seems easier if you stick with one tree for the most part and playing solo as a tank or healer is somewhat insane when you can respec later. I would say it is good practice to get use to your abilities by picking a specialty and sticking with it through the entire game content, but from my experience there is a huge difference between playing a healer solo and playing a healer in a group. My experience playing the game solo has actually hurt my ability to play the same role in a group.

My one advice for playing the game largely solo, would be to watch your companions equipment. That was essential for my finishing the game largely solo as a healer, but it has also been extremely helpful with my solo DPS Imperial Agent. Not to the extreme it was with my healer, where my companion usually had better gear than me, but I really try to keep my companion as close as I can to being on par with my toon.

Remember if you get stuck, yell. My smuggler has already done one Jedi class quest on Voss three times.

Quote:
Lastly, for those who might not know (it is sometimes not included in guides on daily commendations), there's a space mission, Operation Ascendant Pride for Imperials and Operation New Eclipse for Republicans, that gives 2 daily commendations. Pretty important for those that only do the soloable dailies.
I knew...Lynk told me to do my daily space mission...Didn't know it was worth 2...Still I hate space missions, but I guess I have to do what I have to do.

Last edited by mimartin; 03-05-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #259
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Quote:
I knew...Lynk told me to do my daily space mission...Didn't know it was worth 2...Still I hate space missions, but I guess I have to do what I have to do.
People say the Ascendant Pride mission is difficult, but at this point I have so much money, I just bought some purple items for my spaceship on the GTN and the mission's quite easy now.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #260
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

I don't really think the missions are hard...I just had the system go down while doing a space mission and I was caught in conversation mode and couldn't get out. Now I'm just paranoid.

I liked space missions way better before I got proton torpedoes, just can't get the hang of it now.

Alright this is open to only those in the Walking Carpets. I have biochem up to 400, so if anyone (again in the guild) needs a implant, stims or adrenals send me a shout when I'm in TOR or PM me here with what you want (what your key Attributes is or what stims or adrenals you want). I’m willing to make up to four implants (2 each) for you and your priority companion…If I like you I may even be willing to make you a few extras (which leaves Lynk and acdcfanbill out). /not being rude to the Meatbags, just my agent isn't to the point where she can do this or afford to do this/

Most of my stuff is standard, but I have some above standard stuff at level 29 and 41.

Next question does anyone actually use adrenals? I never have because 15 seconds isn’t worth my time, but they seem to give some decent stats in those 15 seconds. Am I wrong as usual, are they worth using?

Last edited by mimartin; 03-05-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #261
snommism
Rookie

Quote:
You are correct the overhealing thing is one of my problems. The only heals I should be spamming according to what I have read today is Diagnostic Scan and Slow-Release Medpacs to keep energy up and Upper Hand at the ready.
How's your healer doing these days? I finally hit 50 Saturday and have since run Eternity Vault on normal and hard (didn't take down Soa on hard) and Karraga's Palace on normal, and one hard mode flashpoint.
I've been teasing my guild how I have been 50 for about 24hours (at the time) and already had 1 Rakata, 3 columi and 3 Tioneese pieces
Old 03-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #262
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

What! So why have I been running dailies all this time, then?!

Old 03-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #263
snommism
Rookie

Quote:
What! So why have I been running dailies all this time, then?!
lol

I started my dailies at level 47 (I soloed EVERY quest in game (minus heroics, didn't bother with those)) so by the time I was 50 I had the barrels and armorings ready to go. I had my implants crafted for me, and if I were smarter I would have crafted the lvl 49 purple mods instead of the armorings since those got replaced and my mods are still lower (48 blues).
Old 03-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #264
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
I've been teasing my guild how I have been 50 for about 24hours (at the time) and already had 1 Rakata, 3 columi and 3 Tioneese pieces
I heard Jeff got that lucky the other night. Something like 5 rakata pieces in a run of HM Eternity.
Quote:
How's your healer doing these days?
Only tried one HMFP since then and failed miserably. Directive 7, overall I felt better about my healer, there still major room for improvement, the final boss proved I still have major problems healing and moving. The smugglers small heals that can be done while moving just are not very affective with the amount of damage being dealt and if I stop long enough to do a big heal, I’m toast. After that night I was ready to quit TOR altogether or at least stick with playing the game strictly solo. Lynk talked me down off the cliff.

Someone got me to believe Directive 7 was easier than The False Emperor when I agreed to go on it, not really sure that was intentional or not.

I was still way under equipped to face a HMFP IMO. Since then I have gotten my ear piece and I’m working on getting my other two implants before I tackle another HMFP.

I’ve also have since gotten my Crew Skills maxed out, so I also have better med packs to use on myself.

I have found a few other things as far as weapon and armor that I have since upgraded/replaced. I was still using a level 24 color crystal until last night. Not really sure until I try another HMFP if any of this will do any good, but it has sure made doing dailies a lot easier. Now I’m able to do them without any deaths and have gotten to where I have can take the time to heal some 50 newbies having a little trouble with their dailies.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #265
snommism
Rookie

Quote:
Someone got me to believe Directive 7 was easier than The False Emperor when I agreed to go on it, not really sure that was intentional or not.
They made D7 a bit harder than when my main first hit 50... Not sure if it was bugged before or bugged now.

One of the good things about operations is there are two healers (if you build a traditional group) so even though there are more players, you have some assistance.
Yeah moving while healing is rough, there is a part of EV where you are running & dropping off platforms, so the whole team is taking damage... I have a key mapped to "target next ally" and I hit that & slow release medpack over & over (I just have to be mindful of my own HP as that wont ever target me) and throw out the instant heal that is granted with upper hand (i forget name) every time it is available.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #266
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Question: Is it cheating if I sell something to another toon I control across fraction lines through the Hutt Trade Network? I mean if I sell crafting materials such as Quick-Growth Agent and Red Goo from my Agent to my Smuggler. I know someone else could purchase them before I logout and back on, but I was planning on pricing the stuff so I really wouldn't care if they bought it.

Don't know, but it just sounds like cheating to me or at least MMO equivalent of being unethical.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #267
snommism
Rookie

Quote:
Question: Is it cheating if I sell something to another toon I control across fraction lines through the Hutt Trade Network?
Don't know, but it just sounds like cheating to me or at least MMO equivalent of being unethical.
What would be unethical about it?
I've never played on the other faction so maybe I am missing something but I mail stuff to my same faction toons all the time, how would it be different?
Old 03-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #268
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Taking resourses from one fraction and giving to another fraction is about the only thing that worries me.

Then again, I'm moving credits from one fraction to another, so it kind of balances out.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #269
snommism
Rookie

Quote:
Taking resourses from one fraction and giving to another fraction is about the only thing that worries me.

Then again, I'm moving credits from one fraction to another, so it kind of balances out.
Personally I don't see any ethics issue, unless BW purposely made it more difficult to get certain things on certain factions.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #270
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Alright I’ve gotten so bored with dailies I’ve started using different combinations of companions just to change things up.

As a healer, what I was told is that I’m better off sticking with a tank as my companion… This served me well through the entire game, but I wanted to just try different combinations for two reason 1). Killing the same thing the same way got boring, 2). My two tanks are maxed out in affections for my toon (who wouldn’t be).

First if you are a healer, the best combination to do in dailies is to take Lynk with you. I’m sure any 2nd person would do, but Lynk is the one I run around most with during dailies.

I also have done the healer/healer companion for dailies. This one has worked really well. Just takes awhile longer to finish the dailies, but not much longer that doing them with a tank.

The combination that I have found to be the best, next to having Lynk with me, is DPS and my healer. About the only thing that gives me trouble in dailies anymore are these strong sith and their spamming lightning , one isn’t a problem, but if I get two on my butt at once then I’m usually toast. With the DPS companion that did not present a problem this morning. I ordered her to attack one while I interrupted the other to finish off the regular mob, then I used a flash grenade to heal my DPS companion and then we finished off both. I finished dailies about 45 mins faster than normal with the combination. Only have finished twice faster than today and that was in a group with Mav, Jeff and Lynk and when I have done them all with Lynk. Also happy to report neither my companion nor my healer died in this experiment.

So the moral of this story is don’t listen to everyone else telling you what will work best, experiment and see what works best for your playing style.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #271
snommism
Rookie

Quote:
So the moral of this story is donít listen to everyone else telling you what will work best, experiment and see what works best for your playing style.
I'd say this goes for every aspect of life

I used akavi, commando based dps. I actually thought she was a tank when I decided to gear her up and when I realized she wasn't, I decided to stick it out. It definitely prepped me for healing as she would over pull and not always keep aggro off me
Old 03-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #272
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

That is one of the things I like about using Risha. I didn't have to really worry about aggro. I usually get it even when using the wookiee, so with the DPS/Healer combo, I want it anyways. I kick, punch, pistol whip then heal. If they decide to go after her, I just chunk out a big heal and that pulls them back to me. Have enough gear now where I can hold my own against Elite or below, still have the problem when there is more than one strong or higher. Although now there is about a 75% chance I will win.

Last edited by mimartin; 03-09-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #273
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Somehow I don't think "taking Lynk with you" will be immediately available as an option for everyone.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #274
Scorge
Jedi Master

Current Game: SWTOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
@snommism

What class are you? Your main player I mean.

And that healing frame tip is useful. Though I don't think i'll need it, im a Tank/Dps mostly specced as DPS. At least for my Sith Warrior.

Formally MrObiWan

If you need help with textures on any KotOR/TSL mod, feel free to contact me.

Scorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #275
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Lynk uses it with his tank. Lets him know who has drawn aggro from him so he can get the mob off that persons butt.

I'm also using it with my DPS Trooper, playing with Lynk's smuggler DPS, it is handy in knowing when to throw one of those freeze things to get the mob off Lynk's butt.

I really like them now that I have gotten use to them. Only wish I could make them even bigger and move around or delete the characters within them. I really don't need a frame for my character. And I would like to put the softer characters at the top.

Last edited by mimartin; 03-09-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #276
snommism
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObiWan View Post
@snommism

What class are you? Your main player I mean.
Not really sure I have one I can call a main, I play whatever is needed for what is on the guild's schedule or I work on leveling my next char

My first 2 level 50s are (in order of when they were created & gear score):
Smuggler / Gunslinger / Saboteur
Smuggler / Scoundrel / Sawbones

Quote:
I really like them now that I have gotten use to them. Only wish I could make them even bigger and move around or delete the characters within them. I really don't need a frame for my character. And I would like to put the softer characters at the top.
Not sure about party but you can with Operations. Just right click the little icon that looks like 4 stick figures and select "unlock," that will then show you 6 boxes of 4. I keep mine set as two rows of 3, and out operation leaders almost always set it up by classification, tanks in the left column, dps in the center, and healers on the right
Old 03-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #277
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
Somehow I don't think "taking Lynk with you" will be immediately available as an option for everyone.
What! I thought it promised us that on the back of the box?!

For dailies, I tend to stick with the best possible combination, which is a healer companion for my DPS Mercenary. I do use Blizz as a tank during daily Heroics when I'm doing suicide runs. I really need to upgrade his gear some time to make him more effective, though.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #278
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Quote:
What! I thought it promised us that on the back of the box?!
I thought it was in the guild contract.

If some more people would get to level 50 in the TWC, I would be willing to go through dailies with them. It is worth it for the credits alone. Now that crew skills are maxed, I have 750K just from doing dailies the last 3 or 4 days. For some reason I believe these credits and few more will disappear before 1.2 comes out.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #279
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Well I'm willing to do dailies with people too, I'm just not around 24/7 with uni and all

Old 03-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #280
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Quote:
If some more people would get to level 50 in the TWC, I would be willing to go through dailies with them. It is worth it for the credits alone. Now that crew skills are maxed, I have 750K just from doing dailies the last 3 or 4 days. For some reason I believe these credits and few more will disappear before 1.2 comes out.
Guess I'm gonna have to start spending more time with my Guardian. I bet it'll take some time before we'll have enough decently geared level 50's at the Empire side to team up for HM's and ops. I think my Mercenary's almost at that point where he's ready for those, but I might be the only one at the IMB at this time.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > The Old Republic for Dummies