lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Banner Saga
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

10 year veteran! 
The Banner Saga

View page
YouTube Video

Developed by the recently formed Stoic, which is composed of BioWare veterans. The game is stated to have BioWarean influence, such as in the dialogue system and the emphasis on storytelling.

What we know of gameplay is that it will be tactical combat. A free multiplayer gameplay component will be released first, followed by the singleplayer. I think that's what they used to call demos back in the day.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #2
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I'm interested to see how this turns out. The brief glimpse at combat suggests something more akin to a browser based game than a traditional TB-RPG, but I guess we'll know more in a few months. At any rate it certainly looks very pretty, with the traditional animation style.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #3
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
The Codex has done an interview with Stoic - http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8040

It seems that they also have a Kickstarter now, asking for 100K - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...he-banner-saga

Reading the Codex comments page, where the dev in question jumped in to answer some questions, Shining Force is trotted out a lot as a source of inspiration. Sounds good to me, as the SF series is one of my faves.

Last edited by DarthParametric; 03-19-2012 at 06:23 AM.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > The Banner Saga