Thread: Working with Companions
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Working with Companions

I wanted to ask advice on how to work with Companions. I was a bit clueless about that tho I tried to find out how to do things but I hoped to ask for help with the following:

How do we "talk" to them privately? i see some people in close consultation with their companions but so far i was not able to figure how how to do that with the droid and now that Kira is my new companion i want to be able to do it right.

I understand we can find out about them in the Codex section under Important People...or something like that....so we have some idea of their likes and dislikes but i was not sure how we initiate dialog with them.. and if the dialog choices change as the game progresses...

How do we upgrade them when we get upgrades specifically for them? I got an upgrade for the droid ..a customization but i was not really clear how that works..... can we apply things like med packs and equipment to them? and if so how?

We can revive them...but can they revive us? just wondered about that too

and any other advice very welcome. I think we can only have one active companion at at time ..do we select them in the Crew window? i am glad to have a human companion...but was not sure how many we can have and if there are ways to select them....

thanks for advice on this....i don't have a copy of the manual yet so i needed to ask when i thought of this, i tried to use the in game help but it is pretty useless still, i guess they have not completed adding topics to it because i could not find answers to some very basic stuff....like how to repair stuff, (i figured that out by seeing the Repair topic in the vendor windows)....had to file a ticket but they did reply very quickly...so that was nice.

Cheers and thanks for help with the companions, i don't wan to get Kira mad at me...

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > Working with Companions